Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor (62194 Views)

Tutor & Coding Instructor / 5 Projects A Junior Developer Should Have In Their Portfolio To Get Hired Fast / 13 Year Old Indian Boy Hired By Google At A Package Of 1.25 Million Dollar/year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:36am On Jul 24, 2020
NewDelhi:
Firstly this girl is not a Nigerian. She might have a Nigerian background but it doesn't make her one. We are always quick to claim any foreign good deeds

The hype about Nigerians doing well abroad is getting too much.. You can't even compare Nigerians to the Asians. Most especially Indians and Chinese. They go there and make waves yet you hear little noise about it. But here in naija we go as far as saying Nigerians are the most intelligent people in the world all because one graduated with first class whereas he was just one Nigerian out if many foreigners that came out with first class.. How many countries have you been to or what do you know to conclude that Nigerians are the most intelligent in the world.

Chinese and Indians are not on Nairaland so we hype our own here, All the same I really weep for this country as things are not going in the right direction so it is easy for us to hype the little we have. If that girl was to be in Nigeria, I don't think she will be able to achieve this great feat at her age.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by NewDelhi(m): 11:36am On Jul 24, 2020
Parisian:
Pls keep quiet. You how many countries have you been to?

I was schooling in Europe and in the first year Nigerians started attending our university a Nigerian broke an academic record and that was despite the fact that indians had been there for years.

Also, whenever results were out the first 5 times would be Nigerian before an indian and then several other Nigerian names before you start seeing more Indians.

Stop saying what you don't know.
This is part of what we are saying. You probably schooled in Cyprus or ukriane but here you are using a lone wolf incidence to make a general judgement.

1 Like

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Taye4j: 11:37am On Jul 24, 2020
Bighead9:
The North Amaka,
ABOKI Amaka. grin grin

Shut up! She's from Edo and not from the North.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by abdulkayus(m): 11:38am On Jul 24, 2020
VillageBus:
Edo, my brother
She is never Edo, that name Mayaki is from the north, I am sure of that
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:38am On Jul 24, 2020
abdullahi45:

You feel ingenuity can be ingrained artificially? Help us with some tips Chief..

My dear am lazy to type some long stuff so I copied this for u

Go on an adventure.
There are two theories on how to raise a baby. One stresses the necessity of regime and calm, predictable atmosphere. The other: A child can benefit greatly from a changing environment, including hearing of the foreign speech and meeting different people. If you aim to raise a genius, follow the second path! It's the one leading to earlier development.

Talk!
It seems like they can't understand a thing. And yet, baby is analyzing a tremendous amount of information. So, name the things around you with the intonations of a grown-up even when the child is just a newborn. It'll help them develop speech abilities faster.

Get reading.
When should you start reading books to your child? Scientists insist: As soon as possible. Even on the first day after the birth, a baby can recognize some words — the ones they repeatedly heard while still in the womb. Reading aloud will also enhance their concentration abilities and expand the range of sounds and later, words.What's more important: Reading is a unique moment of bonding between parents and their baby.

Try math (yes, really)
It’s hard to believe, but even a 3-month old baby can perceive quantity! So, let’s not delay the first math lesson. To start with, simply say numbers aloud while showing your child two or three toys or bricks. It's an easy way to help them begin to learn the concept of numbers.

Make eye contact.
Making eye contact can help your baby develop attention skills. Research shows that a child pays closer attention to a game when their parents are looking on. So, put away your phones and look at your little ones — it's for their future achievements!

Give your child a choice.
Learning to make your own decisions might be the most crucial skill for a confident and strong personality, and your baby can start practicing it already. Encourage them to make small decisions, like choosing between two toys (don’t offer the third one — it will become too difficult, say psychologists). Later, keep the fun going as you let your child chose clothes, foods or activities.

5 Likes

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Pearlqueen(f): 11:40am On Jul 24, 2020
NewDelhi:
Firstly this girl is not a Nigerian. She might have a Nigerian background but it doesn't make her one. We are always quick to claim any foreign good deeds

The hype about Nigerians doing well abroad is getting too much.. You can't even compare Nigerians to the Asians. Most especially Indians and Chinese. They go there and make waves yet you hear little noise about it. But here in naija we go as far as saying Nigerians are the most intelligent people in the world all because one graduated with first class whereas he was just one Nigerian out if many foreigners that came out with first class.. How many countries have you been to or what do you know to conclude that Nigerians are the most intelligent in the world.
It doesn't matter. Let us celebrate our own.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Taye4j: 11:41am On Jul 24, 2020
abdulkayus:

She is never Edo, that name Mayaki is from the north, I am sure of that

Look at this one arguing foolishly, she's from Edo. Have you seen an aboki achieving such feats !

2 Likes

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Arizonaz: 11:41am On Jul 24, 2020
While here in Nigeria, 73 year old woman is still in service. Instead of her to be at home taking care of their grandchildren.
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by spencekat(m): 11:42am On Jul 24, 2020
eni4real:
This is good..

I hope she inspire other girls.

Being a female is not all about flaunting '[/b]what mama gave me'[b] undecided

Flaunt your unique brain please!
grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by enonche85(m): 11:43am On Jul 24, 2020
anayolity:
Oluwa oooh undecided undecided cry cry cry .... and me I dey busy dey battle with html and css for almost 1 year now

Olodo!...lmao! grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by poiunt: 11:43am On Jul 24, 2020
The average Kids In Nigeria are left behind except they go to the top schools
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Masterkernel1: 11:43am On Jul 24, 2020
NewDelhi:

You sound naturally a troubled soul. Has she denounced her Nigerian heritage, because she's a dual citizen.

Kindly keep your paranoic and self definition to yourself. She's a citizen of both nations, recognizied by the nations.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Donpaper: 11:44am On Jul 24, 2020
anayolity:
Oluwa oooh undecided undecided cry cry cry .... and me I dey busy dey battle with html and css for almost 1 year now
na exposure. It takes time and a bit of innate skills
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by NewDelhi(m): 11:44am On Jul 24, 2020
Masterkernel1:

You sound naturally a troubled soul. Has she denounced her Nigerian heritage, because she's a dual citizen.

Kindly keep your paranoic and self definition to yourself. She's a citizen of both nations, recognizied by the nations.

Na your mama soul dey troubled and it will be troubled forever.
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by kapelvej: 11:44am On Jul 24, 2020
NewDelhi:

E pain ammmmm grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Solutionchima: 11:45am On Jul 24, 2020
Everyday we hear of children/students of nigerian origin doing great stuffs abroad. And we are quick to claim their origin; some 'll even start checking their names to claim ethnic origin. The question is what did we contribute? Possibly we only gave birth to them. When shall we begin to hear of foreigners doing great in our land. You can only give what you have. Shame to our leaders; with exception of peter obi.

1 Like

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by poiunt: 11:45am On Jul 24, 2020
techmo:
cool

The world fears Nigerians because we are too smart for their liking

They only sabotage our development cos they know should we develop we may rule the world

*First Female Fighter helicopter pilot Yoruba woman

*Richest African woman in the world Yoruba woman

*First woman lawyer to become a Senior Advocate of Nigeria , Yoruba woman

Nigeria Amaka!!

bla bla..too smart indeed..

If Nigerians are too smart then Nigeria would have develop for long.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by profhenrii(m): 11:45am On Jul 24, 2020
anayolity:

I can help you out for a fee sha. It's quite easy you can reach me on WhatsApp 07033239110
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by abdullahi45: 11:45am On Jul 24, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

My dear am lazy to type some long stuff so I copied this for u

Go on an adventure.
There are two theories on how to raise a baby. One stresses the necessity of regime and calm, predictable atmosphere. The other: A child can benefit greatly from a changing environment, including hearing of the foreign speech and meeting different people. If you aim to raise a genius, follow the second path! It's the one leading to earlier development.

Talk!
It seems like they can't understand a thing. And yet, baby is analyzing a tremendous amount of information. So, name the things around you with the intonations of a grown-up even when the child is just a newborn. It'll help them develop speech abilities faster.

Get reading.
When should you start reading books to your child? Scientists insist: As soon as possible. Even on the first day after the birth, a baby can recognize some words — the ones they repeatedly heard while still in the womb. Reading aloud will also enhance their concentration abilities and expand the range of sounds and later, words.What's more important: Reading is a unique moment of bonding between parents and their baby.

Try math (yes, really)
It’s hard to believe, but even a 3-month old baby can perceive quantity! So, let’s not delay the first math lesson. To start with, simply say numbers aloud while showing your child two or three toys or bricks. It's an easy way to help them begin to learn the concept of numbers.

Make eye contact.
Making eye contact can help your baby develop attention skills. Research shows that a child pays closer attention to a game when their parents are looking on. So, put away your phones and look at your little ones — it's for their future achievements!

Give your child a choice.
Learning to make your own decisions might be the most crucial skill for a confident and strong personality, and your baby can start practicing it already. Encourage them to make small decisions, like choosing between two toys (don’t offer the third one — it will become too difficult, say psychologists). Later, keep the fun going as you let your child chose clothes, foods or activities.

Thanks Chief cool

Any link?
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 24, 2020
anayolity:
HTML and CSS is the most simplest
After linking your CSS to HTMl in the head tags just go to the CSS external file and do this
Body{
Background-color:red;
}
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by 9gerian: 11:46am On Jul 24, 2020
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by OlawaleBammie: 11:49am On Jul 24, 2020
And is dat not a child abuse?
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by robosky02(m): 11:49am On Jul 24, 2020
Even Britain that taught us education has left the normal

And moved up to pragmatism

Nigeria will be asking her were is your WAEC and other nonsense teachers paper

2 Likes

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by enonche85(m): 11:50am On Jul 24, 2020
meelorlah:
You're not alone. Fear not, we are plenty

Another olodo!...lmao! cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by mvem(m): 11:50am On Jul 24, 2020
Taye4j:

Look at this one arguing foolishly, she's from Edo. Have you seen an aboki achieving such feats !
culture doesn't have anything to do with innate intelligence. Be it Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, they all are made of same biological matter and belong to same race. Tribes is just division based on cultural and religious differences. These differences will tend to shape the person differently but no one is genetically or innately superior to the other, that's just ignorance. Moreover the negroe is same race so its funny when tribes start arguing on who is superior to the other when basically you are same thing

2 Likes

Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by MRLfoods: 11:50am On Jul 24, 2020
another feat conquered by a Nigerian blood
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Gee64: 11:52am On Jul 24, 2020
Another wonder kid.

Next generation Bill Gate
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by chatinent: 11:52am On Jul 24, 2020
I wasn't opportune to learn the basics now work wouldn't give me time.
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by winkmart: 11:53am On Jul 24, 2020
Omo ologo
Re: Meet Emmanuella Mayaki: Hired By A School In The UK As Coding Instructor by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 24, 2020
Primenet:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blackenterprise.com/u-k-school-hires-10-year-old-nigerian-tech-genius-as-its-new-coding-instructor/amp/

Yet old man like me still don't know anything you're talking about. The only thing I know is how to eat Eba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Build A JAMB Result Checking Website To Win 150,000 Naira / Meet Dare Obasanjo Who Works With Microsoft / The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.