Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,888 members, 7,798,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) (37957 Views)

3-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Yaba, Lagos (Photo) / Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) / Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by larryking540: 2:45pm On Jul 22, 2020
UnimkeAk:

Blocks aren't structural members and are hardly ever load bearing...

What's ur point

so a builder using more of sand than cement in block molding is a good structure set up
wat exactly is your point brother
explain better
Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2020
SegFault:

Do Nigerians hire architects, not to talk more of engineers.
anybody that learnt his profession on the streets would claim to be an engineer or architect grin
dats nigeria for u
Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2020
UnimkeAk:

Quack's have hijacked the industry...

Cheers to the learned clients out there.
I swear. That was what one of my lecturers taught me then (when I was a student before I had to leave), to become an architect you must have registered under an organisation (I've forgotten it's name) and you must have a masters degree. But who knows, with the way this country is, any Jack or Jill could just bribe his way in.
Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by catherine1998: 3:05pm On Jul 22, 2020
Cumtroller:
Ebonyi. The Black Sheep of the South-East. Bad news and negativity is synonymous with this shit-hole.

God's Forsaken State.

Tufia!!!!
An Osu like you should always shut up when ever there is a discuss about beautiful Ebonyi, hear me, btwn Great Ebonyi and your crime polluted state, which of this two produces more negative news

2 Likes

Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by catherine1998: 3:07pm On Jul 22, 2020
Meskalito1:
This building reminds me of one Ebonyi babe I nearly nor nored last yr... Na so her downside jst dey scatter scatter anyhow undecided
What does that has to do with the topic? or you jst wanted to show your Idiotic nature

1 Like

Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by achierosion(m): 3:30pm On Jul 22, 2020
Cumtroller:
Ebonyi. The Black Sheep of the South-East. Bad news and negativity is synonymous with this shit-hole.

God's Forsaken State.

Tufia!!!!
it is u and ur family and the entire village are godforsaken, ur name is synonymous with negativity.

You are the black sheep of where u crawled out from.

Note:
I didn't add anything to what you said about Ebonyi state, just word for word.
Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by samsard(m): 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2020
SmartProf:
Terrible...possible causes may include but not limited to; cheap labour, cheap & fake building materials, poor monitoring of site workers, terrible soil indices of the construction site, greed to build tower of Babel to gain more apartments without technical advise, non consultation of qualified hands but rather a foreman, no architectural plan nor resident architect & civil engineer on site. The government that should regulate all these, only end up having agents who will go and mark 'X' and inscribe 'stop work' on buildings being constructed....once they have been settled, you just go ahead with your construction cos I have never seen them return back to inscribe 'resume work' on such buildings. Nigeria has not gotten it right in anything so far.
At the bolded, I've been wondering the same thing. Most of the houses in the FCT outside the city center are built without proper permit or adhering to town planning. All those fools do is Mark houses and proceed

1 Like

Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by achierosion(m): 3:33pm On Jul 22, 2020
catherine1998:

An Osu like you should always shut up when ever there is a discuss about beautiful Ebonyi, hear me, btwn Great Ebonyi and your crime polluted state, which of this two produces more negative news
OSU is an understatement, his life is in shambles.
Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by KOE1(m): 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2020
Thank God for His protection Sha.. smiley
Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by jessedaflow: 3:45pm On Jul 22, 2020
Everybody be engineer for nigeria quite unfortunately we dont have working agencies checking all these low budget houses.
Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by akigbemaru: 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2020
SmartProf:
Terrible...possible causes may include but not limited to; cheap labour, cheap & fake building materials, poor monitoring of site workers, terrible soil indices of the construction site, greed to build tower of Babel to gain more apartments without technical advise, non consultation of qualified hands but rather a foreman, no architectural plan nor resident architect & civil engineer on site. The government that should regulate all these, only end up having agents who will go and mark 'X' and inscribe 'stop work' on buildings being constructed....once they have been settled, you just go ahead with your construction cos I have never seen them return back to inscribe 'resume work' on such buildings. Nigeria has not gotten it right in anything so far.
Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by ignis: 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2020
Thank God no life was lost.
Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by stasius: 4:19pm On Jul 22, 2020
THANK GOD!
Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by Twob: 4:41pm On Jul 22, 2020
SmartProf:
Terrible...possible causes may include but not limited to; cheap labour, cheap & fake building materials, poor monitoring of site workers, terrible soil indices of the construction site, greed to build tower of Babel to gain more apartments without technical advise, non consultation of qualified hands but rather a foreman, no architectural plan nor resident architect & civil engineer on site. The government that should regulate all these, only end up having agents who will go and mark 'X' and inscribe 'stop work' on buildings being constructed....once they have been settled, you just go ahead with your construction cos I have never seen them return back to inscribe 'resume work' on such buildings. PopNigeria has not gotten it right in anything so far.

U hav said it all..., this is not a case of being far from the truth but true.

1 Like

Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by Techm8: 4:49pm On Jul 22, 2020
Now just imagined it had lasted just a little bit longer until completion, and then it collapses. This can only be caused by greed.. engineer cutting corners and cost
Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by earnit1: 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2020
Really
Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by Meskalito1(m): 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2020
catherine1998:

What does that has to do with the topic? or you jst wanted to show your Idiotic nature
only insaners type and reply like this.. Ain't surprised
Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by Destiny666: 5:19pm On Jul 22, 2020
There is more of sand than cement...money-mizing project.
Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2020
Under construction? yea right! that building is drenched with rain water it is inevitable that it will colapse.
Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by oloriooko(m): 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2020
Blaming the govt is lame angry
Did you notice that the building in the picture has been abandoned for sometime from the look of the first 2 suspended floors.
Did you also notice that the part of the building that collapsed was the newly constructed added 3rd suspended floor which tells you the added floor was poorly done unlike the old floors.
The govt can only monitor not supervise your building projects.

SmartProf:
Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by ChengHun(m): 8:51pm On Jul 22, 2020
when engineer will not stay on site to supervise the work, they will be busy carrying girls to hotel during work hours, architect will be gisting and pressing phone in one corner, then those labourers will be diverting cement to nearby bush to sell later. The result is a structure built with weak concrete which will eventually collapse, and funny enough, it can stand for 10 years b4 collapsing putting people life in danger.
The Nigeria construction industry needs total reoverhauling
Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by Honcho1: 3:51am On Jul 23, 2020
Terrible building lol
Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by Ofiagu(m): 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2020
Too sad.
People are encouraged to work hard and earn a decent living avoiding crimes completely.

This incident and similar ones however should be prevented from reoccurring.

Why should an engineering negligence lead to the untimely death and grievous injuries on many people?

Who certified the persons handling this project?

What will be their penalty for this?
Can't categorize this building collapse as an act of God, nor is it natural that a storey building collapses while in construction.

Regulatory Agencies that aren't effective should be over hauled. Let the staff be dismissed who are
blameworthy in this and similar ones.

Nigeria cannot continue like this, at all.
Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by Ofiagu(m): 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2020
oloriooko:
Blaming the govt is lame angry
Did you notice that the building in the picture has been abandoned for sometime from the look of the first 2 suspended floors.
Did you also notice that the part of the building that collapsed was the newly constructed added 3rd suspended floor which tells you the added floor was poorly done unlike the old floors.
The govt can only monitor not supervise your building projects.

Considering that it's the upper floor that collapsed, not the down floor, it should not be attributed to soil related issue
Re: Three-storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Ebonyi (photo) by Felabrity: 3:42pm On Nov 02, 2021
The sand
The block and everything is so wack

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland / Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan / My Portharcourt Eneka 6 Flats Project.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.