Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah (24455 Views)

Bala Na'Allah: My Son's Killers Were Not Armed With Guns / Captain Abdulkarim Bala Na'Allah Assassinated By Gunmen (Pictures) / 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Speaks After Senate ‘Drama’, Says Recruitment Not Suspended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2020
Bala Na’Allah, senator representing Kebbi south, says Festus Keyamo, minister of state for labour and employment, risks going to jail over the planned requirement of 774,000 citizens.

Contributing to a motion by Opeyemi Bamidele, senator representing Ekiti central, on Tuesday, Na’Allah said Keyamo’s role in the recruitment is only supervisory.

Keyamo had engaged in a shouting match with some lawmakers when he appeared before them over the programme earlier in the month.

While the lawmakers had accused Keyamo of hijacking the programme from the National Directorate of Employment (NDE), the minister said the legislators were the ones trying to take over the project.

In his contribution on Tuesday, Na’Allah said while Keyamo lacks the constitutional backing to carry on with the process, he has been insisting on handling it.

“The president deemed it fit to present before this national assembly under a specific agency established by law to perform a function and all of a sudden we have somebody who has neither legal or constitutional authority but supervisory authority coming to say ‘no, I will take it myself and do it’,” the senator said.

“We will be going riotously against the oath of office and I think that is not good for the institution of the senate.

“I commend Mr President [for saying] that he will not tolerate certain conducts that appear to rubbish the national assembly. The legislative privileges act gave us power to decisively deal with those kinds of conducts which in some cases will end up in going to jail and that is the provisions of the law.

“I would like to draw the attention of Nigerians to look at section 11 of the legislative privileges act as it exists today.

“My regret is that certain people lacking in conduct and character have leveraged on certain political [will] to occupy public office and have displayed lack of content and character, I think we have a responsibility to stop that.”

https://www.thecable.ng/senator-says-keyamo-risks-going-to-jail-over-774000-jobs

Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by SmartProf(m): 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2020
Nonesense. These National assembly members don't know that they are dealing with a very intelligent and classy lawyer in Festus Keyamo, who even doubles as Buhari's adopted son according to El Rufai, and not themselves who got into political offices with just WAEC scratch cards. Some of them who are making unguarded statements are just pained by Keyamo's decision to cut their tickets, and rather opening this job opportunity to Nigerians who need it and are qualified to get it. See these senators that some of them should have their portraits in jail, if not that the fight against corruption in Naija is a scam.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by ghettokid1(m): 3:18pm On Jul 22, 2020
Keyamo is faster than his shadow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by Queenttoast01: 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2020
What if Kayamo ends up seeing you guys in the jail?

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by Racoon(m): 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2020
The NASS members are the ones that supposed to be in jail because they have committed a lot of criminal atrocities against the Nigerian state.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 22, 2020
It is well
Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 22, 2020
ghettokid1:
Keyamo is faster than his shadow

Why did you say so?

1 Like

Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by ghettokid1(m): 5:49pm On Jul 22, 2020
Iamdemola:

Why did you say so?
because of his attitudes

2 Likes

Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 22, 2020
ghettokid1:

because of his attitudes

But the Senators too have hidden agenda

11 Likes

Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by juustine777(m): 8:30pm On Jul 22, 2020
HALA!
whenever i want to comment i don't know who to support in this funny country. All of them are systematically corrupt and fantastically reluctant to help in solving the plight of the country.
We can't and never are we the giant of Africa.
Do you know what am saying...... eyooo....... HALA!

3 Likes

Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by Slawormir: 8:30pm On Jul 22, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Lets see how it goes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by theoneJabulani(m): 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2020
For their minds.

Contact me for US and UK used laptops.
Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by Officialgarri: 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2020
Rubbish talk. Send him to jail na undecided

1 Like

Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by Apologize(m): 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2020
They want to kill this man..because he is not like them. Jaguars

2 Likes

Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2020
grin
Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by achimsemrys(m): 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2020
okay
Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by Salvofthesouth(m): 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2020
Okay
Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by GMBuhari: 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2020
what is people's problem with the recruitment Keyamo is clamoring for ?

1 Like

Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by techmo(m): 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2020
cool

EXECUTHUGS VS LEGISLATHIEF

Cold war

2021 budget defense would be war

How will Ngige , Akpabio , MD NDDC , Keyamo present their budget

Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by frog12: 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2020
these LAWMAKERS should just go to a BUKA and eat PEPPER soup.

they are REALLY greedy!

5 Likes

Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by LibertyRep: 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2020
The NASS should just be hold enough to face the person who appointed Keyamo and who gave him the permission to go ahead with the recruitment.

2 Likes

Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by bejeria101(m): 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2020
SmartProf:
Nonesense. These National assembly members don't know that they are dealing with a very intelligent and classy lawyer in Festus Keyamo, who even doubles as Buhari's adopted son according to El Rufai, and not themselves who got into political offices with just WAEC scratch cards. Some of them who are making unguarded statements are just pained by Keyamo's decision to cut thier tickets, and rather opening this job opportunity to Nigerians who need it and are qualified to get it. See these senators that some of them should have their portraits in jail, if not that the fight against corruption in Naija is a scam.
Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by Ulysses71: 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2020
. Y’all should support the Nigerian guy on bayern Munich’s official insta story. He is up against a Togolese I guess and the other guy is currently winning. Don’t know if I can post the link to the story I no wan chop ban, just go vote.
Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by Sunnycliff(m): 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2020
Hahahah
Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by Lankyscot(m): 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2020
Idiots everywhere... Nigeria is a Joke, from Ngige to the useless Senators..
Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by frog12: 8:36pm On Jul 22, 2020
what classy lawyer?

KEYAMO lost many EFCC cases!
even simple ones

SmartProf:
Nonesense. These National assembly members don't know that they are dealing with a very intelligent and classy lawyer in Festus Keyamo, who even doubles as Buhari's adopted son according to El Rufai, and not themselves who got into political offices with just WAEC scratch cards. Some of them who are making unguarded statements are just pained by Keyamo's decision to cut thier tickets, and rather opening this job opportunity to Nigerians who need it and are qualified to get it. See these senators that some of them should have their portraits in jail, if not that the fight against corruption in Naija is a scam.

8 Likes

Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by gungab(m): 8:36pm On Jul 22, 2020
Like seriously
Re: 774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Risks Going To Jail - Senator Na'allah by olaoye15(m): 8:36pm On Jul 22, 2020
Insult upon injury. These dumb illiterate who called them self senator have the effontry to make such loose statement. I need to get their heads checked as some screws are loosed as usual. I need keyamo do cut thier bluff and write his name in the sand of time by going ahead with the recruitment process.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of Anti-Fayose Protest In Ekiti State / Orji Uzor Kalu To Igbos: "Forget Biafra And Unite With Nigeria", Igbos Blast Him / APC Would’ve Lost To Atiku If Osinbajo Got APC Ticket – Igbokwe Counters Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.