Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents (41537 Views)

FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant / Muhammad Nami: FIRS Plans Stamp Duty Palliatives For Tenants / Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by dotedote: 11:21am On Jul 23, 2020
ojun50:
It's well in the name of Jesus
Who lied to you & who are you lying to ?

1 Like

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by WizzyVine: 11:21am On Jul 23, 2020
Shear wickedness.

Leaders that are a sting in the nation's ass.

Leaders of their own pockets.

A shameless government full of thieves.

Anyone who voted this kind of leaders again in 2003 is our real enemy.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by ignis: 11:22am On Jul 23, 2020
They collect from the numerous poor masses and loot the money to themselves.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 23, 2020
what a bunch of comedians
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by jozee8: 11:23am On Jul 23, 2020
When I see something like this I feel like weeping, when will the youth of this country get united and rise up in unison with one voice to fight for a good course?
We are being raped front and back and we can't seem to help it or do anything about it? cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 23, 2020
Gideon110:
I don't blame anyone but Nigerians... How long shall we continue to be oppressed by our oppressors (government) before we rise up. There is no benefit at all being a citizen of this country. What a cursed country... I spit on Nigeria...
This is not enough. Until something akin to black Sunday (happened in Russia in the early 1900s) we will not open our eyes.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Realdeals(m): 11:23am On Jul 23, 2020
Collecting these taxes is really not the problem, but does the government care about the citizens?

Some of these taxes and even more are being collected in other clime where things work.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by virus05(m): 11:24am On Jul 23, 2020
Alwaysachick:
Paying tax is not the issue. The issue is, what do the masses get in return? Will this money be accounted for?

You pay govt tax on rent and you step out to bad roads No water??
Yes, thats my problem, we are not benefitting anything from this shit embarassed . They are just stealing our hard earned money angry
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Denko2721987(m): 11:25am On Jul 23, 2020
DICKstractor:
I'm not against payment of tax because even saner clime pay more but will this revenue generated be chanelled to the right place?. Or will it be hijacked by another greedy modafoka?
We all know the answer to this. So I'm in conclusion that 'there are no saner clime anywhere , just saner people.
Until Nigerians wake up, this rubbish will keep on going on

You are asking a question u already know the answer. Let them just one day mistakenly probe the FIRS or CBN, and people may just run mad with the wanton revelations of misappropriation of funds and people's hard earned sweat. No be this Nigeria again before?
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Acidosis(m): 11:25am On Jul 23, 2020
Yes na. Somebody has to pay for NDDC looting na. F00lish Nigerians have to pay na.

1 Like

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by LoveJesus87(m): 11:26am On Jul 23, 2020
igboamakaaa:
I ask pro Nigeria agitators these questions all the time,

"Do you think your country cares for you?"
"What do you currently benefit from your country"
"Can you die for your country?"

The Nigerian government makes it extremely hard for citizens to live above poverty level. Always trying at all cost to squeeze the last drop of money from its citizens (that it offers little or no helping hand). When other nations are looking for ways to help cushion the drastic effect of the Covid 19 aftermath, your beloved country is making things harder for the people trying at all costs to survive. Of course, this would lead to an increment in house rents.

You built a house on your own without govt. loans or assistance. (after settling omo nile plus corrupt govt. Officials, you decided to rent it out at a meaningful rate but the govt. Still wants to profit from your own rent again.

Truly, Nigerians and their buisnesses thrive to survive "in spite" of their government. Clearly, this union isn't working, Its it a civic duty for us all to clamour for the dissolution of this contraption, so we can all manage our resources to the best of our abilities as different tribal groups.
pro Nigerian agitators are our common enemies. They are so dumb beyond words. How anyone think this country still has hope as a single entity instead of everyone to go their separate ways and develop at their own pace beats my imagination hands down. The unimaginable mismanagement and looting by successive administrations and the hopelessness of future administrations since it's same people being recycled over again is clear enough for someone with no brain at all to understand that one Nigeria is a scam. Right even from it's foundation. Why did the British form Nigeria in the first place? For our progress abi? And some people are such daft that they don't know Nigeria was not founded to favour us hence the purposely faulted structure??

2 Likes

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by rlcanon: 11:27am On Jul 23, 2020
WEN I TELL ALL OF UNA SAY THIS THE BEST GOVERNMENT IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA,PEOPLE LIKE MADGUY OF THE APC SAY HIM OWN MOUTH DEY SMELL SHIT.

WE ARE WASING. APC GOVERNMENT OF NO DIRECTION
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Perfecttouchade: 11:27am On Jul 23, 2020
chai it is done cry we fabricate quality aluminium windows.

2 Shares

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 23, 2020
xynerise:
These people don't have conscience for the poor masses

why would they, after all these same masses will still vote for them and spend all their energies defending whichever of their oppressors is from their tribe?
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by generalstingz(m): 11:28am On Jul 23, 2020
Seriously!
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 23, 2020
ignis:
They collect from the numerous poor masses and loot the money to themselves.

which poor masses has a tenency agrement?
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Zionist26(m): 11:29am On Jul 23, 2020
Cumtroller:
God Punish Buhari..

Landlords should focus on collecting rents instead of this bullshit. Are they tax collectors?

If my landlord brings this up I will just delay rent till his brain resets. My neighbor is kuku owing 3 years rent sef

Once again, God Punish Buhari

You sure say no be you dey owe??
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Corporate2020: 11:29am On Jul 23, 2020
Money05:
Lord lugard see wetin u cause way u join three countries together
You are still shouting Lord Lugard. Let me remind you, while we were practising Regionalism in the First Republic, that is when each Region governed itself, school fees and other taxes were so much in the Eastern Region to the extent that millions of Igbos migrated to Western Region so that they can get Free Education, that is why several Igbo Elites schooled in the South West then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 23, 2020
NIGERIANS HAS TURNED WAILERS LIKE IPOB

CONTINUE PAYING TAXES THAT'S LOOTED AWAY IN SWISS BANK ACCOUNTS, DUBAI MANSIONS AND USED TO SERVICE POLITICIANS AND CHILDREN OF POLITICIANS GIRLFRIENDS SHOPPING EXPENSES

KEEP YOUR ONE NIGERIA.... HOLD YOUR PRESIDENCY, I WANT OUT OF THE UNION

I VOTE BIAFRA

1 Like

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Bennybng: 11:30am On Jul 23, 2020
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by One4me: 11:30am On Jul 23, 2020
Cumtroller:
God Punish Buhari..

Landlords should focus on collecting rents instead of this bullshit. Are they tax collectors?

If my landlord brings this up I will just delay rent till his brain resets. My neighbor is kuku owing 3 years rent sef

Once again, God Punish Buhari

Stop saying NONSENSE~!
Is it your Landlord that made this LAW or the Federal Govt?
If he throws your sorry ass and miserable chattels out into the rain now, you will expect people to pity you, right?
Learn to direct your anger in the Right Direction, your Landlord is as much a victim in this, as you are.

What we all need to dois to REFUSE TO COLLECT (Landlords) and REFUSE TO PAY (Tenants) this Rubbish of a Tax.

And if you look at it, this tax is targetted mostly at Southern Nigeria, how many of those houses you see in the North have Postal Address, talkless of paying Stamp Duty tax, common Electricity Bill, majority of them dont pay but in Southern Nigeria, Buhari and his Security agents will be doing gra-gra at people.
Road, he did not build! go and look at all the Raods in the Southern part of Nigeria, they are all in shambles for the last five years
No Public water, Electricity is epileptic and the fool wants to keep imposing more tax on Southerners

I dont disagree with your swearing at the simpleton in Aso Rock though. undecided

1 Like

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by SarkinYarki: 11:30am On Jul 23, 2020
DICKstractor:
I'm not against payment of tax because even saner clime pay more but will this revenue generated be chanelled to the right place?. Or will it be hijacked by another greedy modafoka?
We all know the answer to this. So I'm in conclusion that 'there are no saner clime anywhere , just saner people.
Until Nigerians wake up, this rubbish will keep on going on

Remember the Govt collects land use charge annually on every property and that cost is part already part of the rent tenants pay

1 Like

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 23, 2020
jozee8:
When I see something like this I feel like weeping, when will the youth of this country get united and rise up in unison with one voice to fight for a good course?
We are being raped front and back and we can't seem to help it or do anything about it? cry

correction, we are unwilling to do anything about it
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by FLYFIRE(m): 11:30am On Jul 23, 2020
When we said DO NOT VOTE for Buhari, didn't some of you insult us?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by spinna: 11:31am On Jul 23, 2020
Taxes should only be paid to a responsible govt that uses it to better lives of citizens by providing infrastructure amenities etc. Not to an oppressive predatory govt.

Modern day slavery..oppressed and increasingly taxed... for a corrupt minority to steal..yet we youths are here tribal bashing everyday
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by golddare: 11:31am On Jul 23, 2020
Iamdemola:

https://thenationonlineng.net/tenants-now-to-pay-six-per-cent-stamp-duty-says-firs/

Even if tenants are to pay 6% it should be to the LGA of each state. I sorry for the South where rents are high. PMB obviously is the last president of the APC.

1 Like

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by joyandfaith: 11:32am On Jul 23, 2020

1 Like

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Jostoman: 11:33am On Jul 23, 2020
Iamdemola:
People should brace up. We are in for a hard time in this country. embarassed
don't be surprise that their useless followers on nairaland will still come here and defend them as usual.

1 Like

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 23, 2020
frankmoney:
Lol and how will they enforce this one

are you minding them? Did fashola not pass a law that Lagos landlords must stop collecting annual rent....how did that go?
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by DexterousOne(m): 11:34am On Jul 23, 2020
LoveJesus87:
pro Nigerian agitators are our common enemies. They are so dumb beyond words. How anyone think this country still has hope as a single entity instead of everyone to go their separate ways and develop at their own pace beats my imagination hands down. The unimaginable mismanagement and looting by successive administrations and the hopelessness of future administrations since it's same people being recycled over again is clear enough for someone with no brain at all to understand that one Nigeria is a scam. Right even from it's foundation. Why did the British form Nigeria in the first place? For our progress abi? And some people are such daft that they don't know Nigeria was not founded to favour us hence the purposely faulted structure??

So you think that breaking the country up is a better solution?

Biafra will be a worse country on it's own

Oduduwa will not be a better country either

Arewa the same

Niger Delta will even be the worst off

With the restiveness and infighting

South Sudan has not taught us a lesson that it is the PEOPLE who make a country

And drawing borders in the sand to balkanise a country does not solve anything

Until Nigerians are ready to change and for change

Whether you split Nigeria into 20

It will still be the same rubbish

5 Likes

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by shiwex: 11:35am On Jul 23, 2020
Time for Nigerians to take to the street.. Things will not change till people take their own destiny themselves.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by spinna: 11:35am On Jul 23, 2020
About 90% of the properties do not have good motorable roads or public water or steady light..what are they doing with the tax

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Landlord Throws Graduate-Tenant Properties Outside In Uyo During Heavy Rain-pics / GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - / Catholic Church Collapses In Delta During Mass, 1 Dead, 4 Injured, Many Trapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.