Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents (41535 Views)

FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant / Muhammad Nami: FIRS Plans Stamp Duty Palliatives For Tenants / Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Diamondcan: 12:06pm On Jul 23, 2020
Oh God plz help us in.this country called NIGERIA.. God abeg i need relocation out of this shit hole country. Am TIRED of this Naija.

1 Like

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Babaibejii: 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
Hey, so my tax go be 42000. Issorite. make i do go my village
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Doyou2019: 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
Possiblegee:
My question is why can’t they wait till next year I mean this year is already over tho ,how many workers even got their complete pay checks this year

I know this useless law will only take effect in Lagos alone

The NLC will fight this. E no fit work, even for Lagos.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by onyxo76(m): 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2020
so do want people to live under the bridge? very oppressive regime just doing everything to suffocate the masses.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by daniwise(m): 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2020
This is quite laughable.This Buhari regime keeps dishing out policies that will not benefit the south,especially south westerners.In short,Lagos and Ogun States especially. How many people rent houses in the North?This country is beyond redemption.Very useless,hopeless and direction less government.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2020
the landlords will tack it on thereby increasing rent. by the time it gets to the man at the bottom, he will paying for more than 6% tax.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 23, 2020
Wetin una dey stamp for inside house rent ogin alakiye kill I no a f I r firs
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Angelfrost(m): 12:09pm On Jul 23, 2020
You are increasing tariffs, taxes, bills, data, subscriptions, etc... Yet no increasing incomes for the average citizens, most of them are currently out of jobs!!!

So, who exactly is supposed to generate this high revenue for you, and from where exactly??!... Did you imbeciles consider these when borrowing and promising IMF and World bank increased revenue from your increasingly impoverished citizens??!...

Well, at some point, the cowardly citizens will be pushed too far, and will take no more!!! Revolution is not far off anymore!!!

1 Like

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by emmyezzy: 12:10pm On Jul 23, 2020
Nigeria is under a task master Leaders.

1 Like

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Angelfrost(m): 12:12pm On Jul 23, 2020
momentusjay:
Nigeria can never get better period

Honestly, Nigeria shouldn't even be in existence... This entity can't move forward! Too many out of sync regions!!!

This contraption should be amicably split, with every one going his separate way... Let's see if the smaller nations won't sit up, and get things right!!!
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Angelfrost(m): 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2020
Doyou2019:

The NLC will fight this. E no fit work, even for Lagos.

Sigh... You mean the NLC that died with Pa. Imoudu??!... Abeg, talk another thing!!!

1 Like

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by paix(m): 12:14pm On Jul 23, 2020
DelTel:
Citizens income dwindling and majority owing rent or FIRS not aware.
The government promised to take the country to the next level; and here we are.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Kingbuhari(m): 12:14pm On Jul 23, 2020
Hahahahahaha sai Barbar praisers has lost their voice recently.... I wish senate will pass the bill so this fussil in Aso will continue beyond 2023
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Kingbuhari(m): 12:15pm On Jul 23, 2020
Hahahahahaha sai Barbar praisers has lost their voice recently.... I wish senate will pass the bill so this fussil in Aso Rock will continue beyond 2023
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Mcreloaded(m): 12:19pm On Jul 23, 2020
tamdun:
This is madness and am loving it, when they push us to the wall, we'll fight back

Nigerians would rather break the wall and continue. There is no hope. Where is labour that is supposed to fight for the common man.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by WriterX(m): 12:22pm On Jul 23, 2020
grin landlords be like : oya johnbull your rent is no longer 25k but 75k
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by igboamakaaa: 12:22pm On Jul 23, 2020
Difrent:

These types of duties and other charges, taxes and levies is what will give whatever country you eventually find yourself the funds needed to run the type government you desire , people pay all these things overseas but Nigerians don't want to pay it YET marvel at the wonders these charges create abroad makes me wonder if NIGERIANS really want this country to progress
My brother, you failed to include that Nigerians have been paying all these "charges, taxes and levies" for 60 years with absolutely nothing to show for it.

The three basic nessessities of life (food, clothing and shelter)which the govt. should at least give a helping hand on, are provided SOLELY by the citizens. We build and maintain our roads ourselves, we drill borehole ourselves (and still pay tax on it slf), we bear the full brunt of housing costs, plus the high cost of running a buisness talkless of healthcare and other basic infrastructure we provide ourselves. On top of that citizens still try to be patriotic and pay their taxes in the midst of all these challenges and what do they get in return?

More multiple taxation at insane rates.

Officials 'fainting' when called to account for funds.

Ridiculous allegations laid against Monkeys and snakes by public officials saying that animals swallowed huge sums of money amounting to billions.

Govt. Complexes going up in flames when called for accountability.

An increase in the flamboyant lifestyle of lawmakers, govt. Officials and federal agencies.

They and their children even rubb their ill gotten wealth in the face of struggling Nigerians and shame them for being poor. What then is the end result? A quick surge in crime rates, all round spike in national corruption index, vilifying of honest labour, encouragement of dirty crime ridded jobs (as long as it brings money).

See ehn, the countries abroad which you quote did a whole lot to help their citizens (and even foreigners) during this covid mess. Why then do you think their citizens would not be very happy to keep on paying taxes.

If you come and borrow huge sums of money for me 1st, 2nd and 3rd time in the name of managing my property and i dont see any tangible work done, neither can you defend what you used the money for. Do you think i will ever answer you when you come again?

Ponder on these points ive raised and reply, thanks.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Mcreloaded(m): 12:22pm On Jul 23, 2020
Houses that have tarred roads in front of their houses and constant electricity supply can manage to pay if they like.
But areas with bad road and no electricity talk less of water should not pay and must not pay.
This country self.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Kingrefreshed: 12:23pm On Jul 23, 2020
Cumtroller:
God Punish Buhari..

Landlords should focus on collecting rents instead of this bullshit. Are they tax collectors?

If my landlord brings this up I will just delay rent till his brain resets. My neighbor is kuku owing 3 years rent sef

Once again, God Punish Buhari

And all APcheat supporters worldwide and even most of them that are dead already.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by WriterX(m): 12:23pm On Jul 23, 2020
Angelfrost:

Sigh... You mean the NLC that died with Pa. Imoudu??!... Abeg, talk another thing!!!

memories my brother when there were people who had vision chai we will not forget the true heroes of our past
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by paix(m): 12:24pm On Jul 23, 2020
spinna:
About 90% of the properties do not have good motorable roads or public water or steady light..what are they doing with the tax
Let them collect the tax first, they will know what next to do with it. What is happening to the recovered loot?
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Ennovate(m): 12:24pm On Jul 23, 2020
I did rather recommend a property tax... not a tenancy stamp duty... for the fact that property, there are lot of vacant houses in Nigeria. Landlord would be forced to rent them out thereby increasing the quantity for tenants, which subsequently leads to reduction on the long run... and Nigerias would be forced to invest rather than be owing properties.

2 Likes

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Eberex(m): 12:24pm On Jul 23, 2020
WELCOME TO THE CHANGE. APC CHANGE!!!

IF YOU VOTED FOR APC BUHARI, SHAME ON YOU.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 23, 2020
DelTel:
Citizens income dwindling and majority owing rent or FIRS not aware.

I have a friend living in a compound with 8 2 bedroom flats. Since the economic downturn that accompanied the accession of Mai Gaskiya to the highest office, the tenants have only been able to pay rent in bits. The caretaker agreed to collect the rent as the people are able, because it is difficult to rent out 8 flats at once. At least he would have been encouraged to evict them if prospective renters were asking for the flats.
In this scenario, should this be the government's reaction? After releasing the underwhelming 20k per month N power as their official social investment vehicle, they sat by while the Minister for disaster frittered away hundreds of billions of naira to pay ghosts in the name of assisting the most vulnerable households, NOW they are mopping every remnant from the same people. O LORD, HELP NIGERIA!!!!!
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Doyou2019: 12:27pm On Jul 23, 2020
Angelfrost:
You are increasing tariffs, taxes, bills, data, subscriptions, etc... Yet no increasing incomes for the average citizens, most of them are currently out of jobs!!!

So, who exactly is supposed to generate this high revenue for you, and from where exactly??!... Did you imbeciles consider these when borrowing and promising IMF and World bank increased revenue from your increasingly impoverished citizens??!...

Well, at some point, the cowardly citizens will be pushed too far, and will take no more!!! Revolution is not far off anymore!!!
Those questions you asked are exactly why this move will fail. Like the tax on luxury goods, this one too won't yield nada.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by GreatrAnalyst: 12:28pm On Jul 23, 2020
Bluffly:
6% 0f N500,000 for example is 30,000. Is it a one time fee or every renewal?

I strongly believe it can't be a one-time fee.
I am not sure of tax in this category that is ever once and for all.
Tenement rate and/or property tax and the likes are renewable, so this wouldn't be exceptional.

The change preached has come.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by oloriooko(m): 12:28pm On Jul 23, 2020
And one eediot says we have a national assembly regulating laws?
Devil punish bubu and his entire generation

2 Likes

Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Germi9: 12:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
there can never be Peace in a Society where there is no equal Right and Justice
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by kitone: 12:37pm On Jul 23, 2020
Make it quickly go pay my rent before my landlord read this news angry

backnbeta:
Rent will increase, electricity tariff will increase, passengers will pay more for transportation. They Sha want to kill the poor undecided

One thing is clear: The Founding Fathers never intended a nation where citizens would pay nearly half of everything they earn to the government.
Ron Paul
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Perfecttouchade: 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2020
kitone:

Make it quickly go pay my rent before my landlord read this news angry

landlord don read am already grin
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by Simply6: 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
This is too bad! Some landlords will use this now to frustrate their tenants.
Re: Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents by pacificom: 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2020
Our leaders are totally ignorant about how hard life is for Nigerians. This is a time that citizens need help from the government. Lots of tenants are jobless and there is no hope of renewing their rent. As a matter of fact Nigerians are like prisoners to the government. I Can't blame people that desperately travel to other countries. FiRS should reconsider this regulation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Landlord Throws Graduate-Tenant Properties Outside In Uyo During Heavy Rain-pics / GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - / Catholic Church Collapses In Delta During Mass, 1 Dead, 4 Injured, Many Trapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.