Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ (64013 Views)

How A Free Video I Saw Online During My Nysc Changed My Life / April Clearance Changed To Covid-19 / Nysc Clearance Changed From Present To Covid 19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by AregbeFufu: 5:40pm On Jul 23, 2020
plessis:

Your mothers and sisters who are in the southeast selling agbo and other herbs, are treated nicely here. We don't spend a single second yelling at visitors that this is our land.
You dey mind those people, with the way they scream our land our land, you will they are the only ones that have "visitors" with them.
Very insecure people.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by majamajic(m): 5:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
A guy from SW (nysc member) I gave out my village house to him , when I came they were now 3 , them really enjoyed my village, the fruits in my compound alone

I only told them
Make sure compound is clean , pay monthly light bill 1k as rent
I always have nysc members in my compound , now that the Anambra nysc camp is stone thrown from my house , demand is high

10 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Ategberoson(m): 5:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
if you're a Yoruba serving in Igbo land you've no problem as they respect and like Yoruba but try not to close to an Igbo guy somewhat of following him everywhere for your security purpose

2 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Majikmoment(f): 5:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
Best thing is for every graduate to serve in his/her state.
By the way...Enugu is one of the most peaceful place in the east. They don’t kill strangers.

Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by EdiskyHarry: 5:43pm On Jul 23, 2020
And how is it my business?

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by timisquare82(m): 5:44pm On Jul 23, 2020
This one don Bleep igbo girls tire. Weldon oga

3 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by AregbeFufu: 5:46pm On Jul 23, 2020
ogbuefi677:
Problem is oil soup ppl.
They hardly travel but always churn out their imaginations as truth.
Whenever I hear them echo these fallacies I just smile cos I know oil soup ppl hardly reach nearby Benin
No mind them, they are the least exposed of all tribes in Nigeria,but they seem to have an opinion on every tribe..
They will sit under their brown roofs making up stories about other people and believing it.

7 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Golan007: 5:48pm On Jul 23, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Whatever the Idiot wrote that it is his perception of Igbos is his own cup of tea and that of his people...

He should simply serve and shut his mouth or establish if the environment is favourable to him...

The op should also ask igbos about their perception of them, abi na igbos sent FULANI to be clubbing in Benue since last 4 years...

everybody has one yeye perception or the other because igbo man owns una anything....nonsense and buhari..

every nonsense is now journalism..

Who your perception epp?

last time it was Gambari, today na adejoh

the whole stuff is becoming stale..

You are right.

I don't even know why he didtnt cuss them.
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by duchessvikki0(f): 5:50pm On Jul 23, 2020
Igbos are naturally nice people, so are other tribes. Bad people are in every tribe but we shouldn't allow the evil doings of one person to make us generally a despise tribe.
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by BrutalLafamilia: 5:51pm On Jul 23, 2020
You for go Borno make them use you do suya.
heendrix:
That's for you dude

But as for me and myself I'll rather pick to serve 2years in Yobe and Gombe over 6month service in any southeastern state

imagine getting to Live/stay in a state that it's occupants are 95% Igbos. that having the 5% here sef we we're tayad already sad

2 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by NaijadrivaCars: 5:52pm On Jul 23, 2020
iTroll:

You're brain dead already so no need in giving you some advice. Keep making excuses for your linguistic shortcomings.
Masturbation has finally finished the little that is left of you. You can't even make sensible comments anymore.
Chai

How do I know that you are not the same person as "flyingpig" who specifically troll the blessed people of the East

Truth be told, I grew up in Lagos, lived in SS, NC, NE and SE. Nigeria is blessed but politicians keep fanning the embers of tribalism and you lazy YOOTS buy into it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by gazza07(m): 5:53pm On Jul 23, 2020
The truth is reality and always cannot be tell from afar. Thank u for changing the narrative of foolish and non traveling lots, especially ppl from the southwest
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Hedonisco: 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2020
There's really no 'real' tribal hostility in the South and between the constituent parts of the South. Walahi. Forget the fake tribalism on Nairaland or twitter. Asides the equal opportunity criminality that comes with time and chance, and can happen to anyone anywhere, there's nothing fundamentally dangerous for any Igbo person in Ekiti or any Yoruba person in Enugu.. Or any mix in between Asaba, Benin, Calabar, Ibadan, Awka and Port Harcourt.

The only real threat of an ethnic coloration there has ever been and will continue to be is in the core abokki North. Whether your name is Emeka, Tunde, Efosa, or Akpan, if dem born you well, go and serve or settle in Maiduguri or Kano or Katsina.. And come back to tell us about your experience.

I have always canvassed for the Republic of Southern Nigeria, shorn of the abokki savages and parasites. That's the only practicable way forward. Unless you're ready to divide Nigeria into 200 countries.

2 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by grandstar(m): 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Whatever the Idiot wrote that it is his perception of Igbos is his own cup of tea and that of his people...

He should simply serve and shut his mouth or establish if the environment is favourable to him...

The op should also ask igbos about their perception of them, abi na igbos sent FULANI to be clubbing in Benue since last 4 years...

everybody has one yeye perception or the other because igbo man owns una anything....nonsense and buhari..

every nonsense is now journalism..

Who your perception epp?

last time it was Gambari, today na adejoh

the whole stuff is becoming stale..

Shouldn't you be happy someone wrote this. A good name is better than silver and gold.

Yes, a changed perception helps. He might one day marry an Igbo girl. Many NL members because of this post may also marry Igbo. Many before this article would have sworn never to marry Igbo.

Perception matters. It does epp. What he has done is to endorse the Igbos. And it is endorsement given by a non Igbo, you should be pleased (Read Proverbs 27:2).

3 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by BigDick70inch(m): 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2020
I served in enugu..
Wouldn't wanna go to any south eastern state anymore..
Very tribalistic set of people..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Aquarapha1(m): 5:58pm On Jul 23, 2020
U see, OK
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by okenwaa(m): 5:59pm On Jul 23, 2020
You've not told us about the kpekus that's keeping you there too
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by samegold(m): 6:01pm On Jul 23, 2020
That is his own opinion about 1 of the 5 states in South East, assuming he was posted to Abia, Isiala Ngwa to be precise or the villages in CRS he wouldn't be saying this. Those people no dey see strangers for face, especially if you come fat CHAIIII. there was a time NYSC stopped posting Corp members there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by DonMekino(m): 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2020
a single post that shows the southeast in good light, some people are still pained and angry.

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Virginkpekus(f): 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2020
Igbos don't give a fu*k about you guys perception of us. Anyone Una chose na Una Sabi.

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 23, 2020
grandstar:

Shouldn't you be happy someone wrote this. A good name is better than silver and gold.

Yes, a changed perception helps. He might one day marry an Igbo girl. Many NL members because of this post may also marry Igbo. Many before this article would have sworn never to marry Igbo.

Perception matters. It does epp. What he has done is to endorse the Igbos. And it is endorsement given by a non Igbo, you should be pleased (Read Proverbs 27:2).

pleased for what exactly?

moreover inter tribal marriage shouldn't be encouraged in this 21st century.

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 23, 2020
Ategberoson:
if you're a Yoruba serving in Igbo land you've no problem as they respect and like Yoruba but try not to close to an Igbo guy somewhat of following him everywhere for your security purpose

no be only respect and like but raspect and lake..

nobody gives a damn of who is here or not. do your stuff and go your way.

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by astOorR(m): 6:05pm On Jul 23, 2020
post=92021722:
Igbos are loving and hardworking people, they are not folks from the other side posses with monitoring spirits, many of them are flooding Igbo land, here in Anambra they are everywhere, Onitsha, Nnewi , Awka even in villages we welcome them, we don't pay evil with evil.

Here in Awka they are in every street hustling while the ignorant ones from their tribe think Nigeria started from Lagos and end in Ondo

May God bless their hustle

The first pix, do you stay around cihcotel?
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Virginkpekus(f): 6:06pm On Jul 23, 2020
BigDick70inch:
I served in enugu..
Wouldn't wanna go to any south eastern state anymore..
Very tribalistic set of people..
Lol...wetin dem wan carry you do for South East before? You will definitely not be missed

2 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by lucasalves: 6:06pm On Jul 23, 2020
ok.... good... I served in Enugu and it was hell. first is the fact that to come by water to shower alone is a miracle, when you do get it you are supplied with a water that will cause all kind of skin infections for you.... my first time in the city after camp, as a sharp street boy I decided not to wear my khaki so as to avoid been exploited by motorist and such because they will definitely know I was a JJC, I dressed normal but as soon as the tricycle (corrected)people noticed I was not igbo, you should see how they start billing me 500# for a ride that cost 50#, I stood by the road side like wtf I can see the ShopRite I was heading to why are they charging such outrageous amounts? until I worked into the interstate bus terminal and was lucky to meet a SS brother who directed me and waved down a tricycle (corrected) for me... I won't buy bottled water on their streets either as we all discovered in camp they are not produced by any recognized company but by some individuals refilling bottles with water from unknown sources. The trick to know this is that the refilled water will be full to the bottle cap unlike the original produced by EVA. Trust in this country is a rare commodity but around here it's even more rare. I can't stress how much of a difficulty water is here, even their ShopRite restrooms have no water most of the time

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Ategberoson(m): 6:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
MelesZenawi:

no be only respect and like but raspect and lake..

nobody gives a damn of who is here or not. do your stuff and go your way.

I know what I'm saying, Igbo people respect Yorubas in their land, don't forget Yoruba land is Igbo foreign land

region of commerce, that's where chukwudi and ikechukwu are making the money they used to built fine houses in your region

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by ikembz(m): 6:07pm On Jul 23, 2020
The tribalism in Naira land is so fucking mad...
Haba. WTF

Simple post, acknowledge ,next fin tribal wars..

Nonsense of a country called Nigeria.
Tueh

2 Likes

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Aboguede(m): 6:08pm On Jul 23, 2020
Enough of this I love igbo I love igbo

Eh

We igbos are simply the best! grin
Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by Anambra1stS0n: 6:08pm On Jul 23, 2020
astOorR:

The first pix, do you stay around cihcotel?
I used the filling station there

1 Like

Re: ‘NYSC Changed My Perception Of Igbos’ by chaloskyx: 6:08pm On Jul 23, 2020
nawa o igbo people are also humans now what exactly did they do to you personally for you to habor so much hatred for them abi did an igbo man steal your girl friend or wife?? please talk to me
iTroll:
OK, we have heard
He spent his time with 1% of the Yeast and lo and behold, he had an epiphany
Stewpeed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NYSC: Meet ABU, The Shortest NYSC Corp Member Ever / Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara / Slaying In Camp – This Female Corper’s Outfit Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.