Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video (46669 Views)

Man Who Masterminded The Torture Of Lady Over Missing Phone, Arrested. Photos / Police Exhumed Corpse Of Lady Buried By Her Boyfriend In Port Harcourt. Photos / Lagos Police Arrest Two Brothers With Human Head (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by Originalsly: 12:00pm On Jul 24, 2020
If it takes viral videos to get Police arrested for misconduct then people should be shooting and uploading their activities and posting on SM. The thing is.... the Police is forced to take action because of international repercussions. There are international agencies that monitor such videos...e.g.. Amnesty International which can add it as evidence in their report of human rights abuse in Nigeria. No administration would want the country get a negative report while in power. People need to expose this kind behaviour.
Police would become professional when they face consequences for wrong doings.... either by disciplinary actions by the Police/Courts.... or violent reactions by the public.
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by Ellie01: 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2020
valentineuwakwe:
so Nigeria police can work like this.....Kudos to them

Thanks to social media. Thanks too that crazy Aboki senator from Niger state dint succeed to gag this kind of exposure with his copy cat bill.
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by joshuaidibia(m): 12:17pm On Jul 24, 2020
oshozondii:
Earlier thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6009266/video-lady-arrested-ibadan-police#92005406

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vuKEu2Qb4s

RE: VIRAL VIDEO – ALL PERSONS INVOLVED IDENTIFIED, 2 ARRESTED.

Following investigations into the dehumanizing treatment of a female citizen as shown in a viral video on Wednesday, 22nd July, 2020, the Nigeria Police Force have identified three (3) police officers and one (1) civilian accomplice who participated in the unprofessional act.

Two (2) suspects, ASP Tijani Olatunji and Inspr Gboyega Oyeniyi have been arrested for their role in the discreditable conduct and incivility to a member of the public.

They are currently being detained at the Lagos State CID detention facility, Panti, Yaba.

Preliminary investigations show that the policemen who are attached Area ‘A’ Command, Lion Building, Lagos, were on legitimate investigation activities to Ibadan, Oyo State where the incident took place.

Effort is being intensified to arrest the two other accomplices. Meanwhile, appropriate disciplinary procedure will be initiated as soon as investigations are concluded.

https://twitter.com/PoliceNG/status/1286371908565565441?s=19

They wanted to instigate fear on her so she will give them p***sy as a way out.
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by shegra58: 12:22pm On Jul 24, 2020
pmoye:
interesting.
But that babe is pretty sha. Very lovely lips...even the way she dey talk sweet me wella. That allegedly criminal boyfriend dey enjoy sha. Na it's another person's turn to shana-wole there.
Were ni Iwo Bobo yi sha grin

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by Mayng01(m): 12:22pm On Jul 24, 2020
Serves them right
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by Raylight2(m): 12:22pm On Jul 24, 2020
can somebody explain what they're saying on that video?

Meanwhile I design video adverts for businesses.
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by johnnychuks(m): 12:35pm On Jul 24, 2020
I can not say anything for now until everything turn out in favour of that innocent lady, this guys are unpredictable they are wove in sheep clothing Naija police if you see them run ooo even you have a broken legs. God will help us.
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by tony9k: 1:09pm On Jul 24, 2020
alphaRego01:
De body language of dis gal,makes me feel, she is kinda guilty.

Buh wah do i know

Guilty of what if I may ask? Guilty of participation in armed robbery of being a girlfriend of a suspected armed robber. The former is the only one that could make her guilty and nothing in the video suggests that. A woman who is married to an armed robber but does noit know is innocent except it is proved that she is an accomplice
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by King132(m): 1:15pm On Jul 24, 2020
Nigeria is the cause of all these problem.
the Nigerian Police be like - so far you have waec or neco result and, you're physically fit, you're welcomed to the force.
without recruiting the well educated ones who can enforce the law.
so unfortunate
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by pmoye(m): 1:16pm On Jul 24, 2020
Unfortunately you're right. All the IG is doing is just for the camera. I wouldn't be surprised if those guys are promoted after all this outcry. Unfortunately Nigerian public doesn't know how to follow things through.

Yes, they might be doing their job, but what the babe was subjected to violated every aspect of her human right. The nonsense questions she was being asked... But then she too ought to have shut them up, and lawyered up. We really need to start learning how to engage our lawyers for cases like this. Every Nigerian should have a lawyer's contact for a time like this. Good lawyers o, not the ones that have no idea what their job is, the ones that will have even judged you before listening to you their client.

rapcy:

cheesy grin guy man

Those guys would be released without any punishment, they're carrying out their job.
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by vonlogon: 1:22pm On Jul 24, 2020
Jimalicoco:
Good

I expected that this will happen, the guy's stupidity is unprecedented
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by vonlogon: 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2020
rapcy:

cheesy grin guy man

Those guys would be released without any punishment, they're carrying out their job.

No they won't, if a policeman happens to record an arrest, it is illegal for him to release the video before the suspect is pronounced guilty. Plus those questions are more personal than interrogatory. They will either be dismissed or demoted
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by Ernestforyou: 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2020
ABANGWABOI:
#ILMOVON cry cry
#Attitude
#Bliv

Imagine an ASP.. A commissioned officer, join Inspector dey do rubbish..
That ASP is a disgrace to his commission..

That chain on that ASP police officer worth over 1.5m And HE is also the owner of WYCLEF HOTEL in Ibadan and they say police no get money.
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by pmoye(m): 1:27pm On Jul 24, 2020
Bros, I no lie now. Forget about every other unsavory thing and the stupid officer that was tormenting the lady, you too look am now and tell me if she no set pah!

Me I no mind getting to know her o. She fine die!

shegra58:
Were ni Iwo Bobo yi sha grin
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by kingololo(m): 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2020
The most idiotic set of police. It shows the kind of question they ask suspect on a good day. I'm not surprised though, its the way of the country.
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by Alabaarowolo: 2:14pm On Jul 24, 2020
31-year-old man rapes stepdaughter, nabbed
Rivers state police command has arrested 31-year-old Musa Abubakar, who confessed to raping his nine-year-old stepdaughter anytime his wife refuses to have sex with him.
https://www.blueprint.ng/31-year-old-man-rapes-stepdaughter-nabbed/

Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by ledamola(m): 2:29pm On Jul 24, 2020
He deserves to die.
oshozondii:
Earlier thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6009266/video-lady-arrested-ibadan-police#92005406

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vuKEu2Qb4s

RE: VIRAL VIDEO – ALL PERSONS INVOLVED IDENTIFIED, 2 ARRESTED.

Following investigations into the dehumanizing treatment of a female citizen as shown in a viral video on Wednesday, 22nd July, 2020, the Nigeria Police Force have identified three (3) police officers and one (1) civilian accomplice who participated in the unprofessional act.

Two (2) suspects, ASP Tijani Olatunji and Inspr Gboyega Oyeniyi have been arrested for their role in the discreditable conduct and incivility to a member of the public.

They are currently being detained at the Lagos State CID detention facility, Panti, Yaba.

Preliminary investigations show that the policemen who are attached Area ‘A’ Command, Lion Building, Lagos, were on legitimate investigation activities to Ibadan, Oyo State where the incident took place.

Effort is being intensified to arrest the two other accomplices. Meanwhile, appropriate disciplinary procedure will be initiated as soon as investigations are concluded.

https://twitter.com/PoliceNG/status/1286371908565565441?s=19
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by stormborn28(m): 2:31pm On Jul 24, 2020
jasent:
Someone pls interpret.

StagethemTVee:
For those who dont understand Yoruba, let me help out with translation of some questions they were asking her

1. When they ask you not to sleep around you will not listen.
2 The boyfriend you were fxxking, why did you leave him?
3. You saw an armed robber and followed him, you are destroyed
4. Why did you quicky agree to date him?
5. Answer my questions or i will get angry with you. What did he tell you he was into?
6. Did he not tell you he is an armed robber, a kidnapper. You are gone.
7. Is it not someone that disvirgined you? Where is he? He does not have money right?
8.The person that disvirgined you, where is he?
9.Or have you not been disvirgined?
10.You were sleeping around with men, that is why your boyfriend left you
11.Which school did you go?
12.How did you get to this guy? Is it not his money?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by ABANGWABOI(m): 2:33pm On Jul 24, 2020
Ernestforyou:

That chain on that ASP police officer worth over 1.5m And HE is also the owner of WYCLEF HOTEL in Ibadan and they say police no get money.

Imagine... He probably leaving large on proceeds of corrupt Act.. Too bad.
One day monkey go enter market but em no go come back sha.

#ILMOVON cry cry
#Attitude
#Bliv
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by stormborn28(m): 2:38pm On Jul 24, 2020
pmoye:
Unfortunately you're right. All the IG is doing is just for the camera. I wouldn't be surprised if those guys are promoted after all this outcry. Unfortunately Nigerian public doesn't know how to follow things through.

Yes, they might be doing their job, but what the babe was subjected to violated every aspect of her human right. The nonsense questions she was being asked... But then she too ought to have shut them up, and lawyered up. We really need to start learning how to engage our lawyers for cases like this. Every Nigerian should have a lawyer's contact for a time like this. Good lawyers o, not the ones that have no idea what their job is, the ones that will have even judged you before listening to you their client.

that very moment how do you expect her to contact a lawyer? You need to be realistic.. It is only in an atmosphere of freedom that you can contact a lawyer.. There, she is caged
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by stormborn28(m): 2:40pm On Jul 24, 2020
Raylight2:
can somebody explain what they're saying on that video?

Meanwhile I design video adverts for businesses.

StagethemTVee:
For those who dont understand Yoruba, let me help out with translation of some questions they were asking her

5. Answer my questions or i will get angry with you. What did he tell you he was into?
7. Is it not someone that disvirgined you? Where is he? He does not have money right?
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by Equity15(m): 2:41pm On Jul 24, 2020
Parisian:
Female genital mutilation, domestic violence, rape etc are some of the problems women face in Nigeria?
asides the genital mutilation, guys too face the others you listed. it's not just publicized cos nobody gives a fvck about it even when reported.
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by pmoye(m): 3:33pm On Jul 24, 2020
In the name of being realistic would you advise that nonsense should continue to be perpetrated?
Lawyers are trained for moments like that, and if you were able to interpret my words well you would notice they were directed to readers who aren't in such situation yet and who might end up in similar situations...

I have been in different situations in Nigeria when the lawless and spectacularly un-educated Nigerian police tried harassing me... Several times. One was asking me how come I being younger than him would be riding a good car... One said because he didn't know me on that particular highway that I must settle him and his boys unless they would arrest me... In all, they seemed particularly angry that my vehicle documentation was all intact. Several situations. In such situations I do two things, if it is getting two unreasonable I ask them to take me to their station. And yes, I drive along the way. Two, before getting to such stations I call between 2 and 4 lawyers. And I make the police know that, that I am abundantly ready to take it to the court... Hearing about you calling lawyers seem to rattle and infuriate them. But it also forces them to be self-conscious in dealing with you.

So you see, it's you who needs to be realistic. If you had the choice of calling a lawyer or making a fool of yourself rolling on the floor like that, I am sure you would have made the second choice.

stormborn28:
that very moment how do you expect her to contact a lawyer? You need to be realistic.. It is only in an atmosphere of freedom that you can contact a lawyer.. There, she is caged
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by kabuski(m): 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2020
Agbero officers
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by enilowo(m): 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2020
OkhaiAsein:
NAwa oo.. I no know wetin man see to dey disgrace themselves...
meanwhile I'll design a brand logo for your business for just 3k
Talk to me via DM on twitter @enilowo
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by stormborn28(m): 3:46pm On Jul 24, 2020
pmoye:
In the name of being realistic would you advise that nonsense should continue to be perpetrated?
Lawyers are trained for moments like that, and if you were able to interpret my words well you would notice they were directed to readers who aren't in such situation yet and who might end up in similar situations...

I have been in different situations in Nigeria when the lawless and spectacularly un-educated Nigerian police tried harassing me... Several times. One was asking me how come I being younger than him would be riding a good car... One said because he didn't know me on that particular highway that I must settle him and his boys unless they would arrest me... In all, they seemed particularly angry that my vehicle documentation was all intact. Several situations. In such situations I do two things, if it is getting two unreasonable I ask them to take me to their station. And yes, I drive along the way. Two, before getting to such stations I call between 2 and 4 lawyers. And I make the police know that, that I am abundantly ready to take it to the court... Hearing about you calling lawyers seem to rattle and infuriate them. But it also forces them to be self-conscious in dealing with you.

So you see, it's you who needs to be realistic. If you had the choice of calling a lawyer or making a fool of yourself rolling on the floor like that, I am sure you would have made the second choice.

you ended up being insulting instead of passing on your message.... First of all that insult is directed at you because you lack courtesy... You gave a detailed explanation to what an individual should do when faced with police harassment and intimidation.. I will also advice you not all calls will be allowed be your handlers and wisdom is required here because individuals who commented have acknowledged the police to be tout and thugs
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by Raylight2(m): 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2020
stormborn28:

StagethemTVee:

thanks for the translation. I'm grateful
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by stormborn28(m): 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2020
Raylight2:

thanks for the translation. I'm grateful
you are welcome
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by Ryan03(f): 4:11pm On Jul 24, 2020
anayolity:
Two Hot police Men angry angry..... na so dem for carry the girl go one corner go bang am for bail.

The way I take dislike Nigerians ehnnn
fixed. Lol......the force is not made of aliens, the country stinks
Re: Police Arrest Two Officials Involved In Harassment Of Lady In Viral Video by obyrich(m): 4:17pm On Jul 24, 2020
honest1480:
Such a shameful act. High level of illiteracy in Nigerian police force.
Most of them are highly indisciplined. They only know how to extort and sleep with women of easy virtue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Arrested For Having Sex With Goat In Katsina / SARS Operatives Seen Extorting Lagosians In Surulere (Pictures) / Bishop Burnt Alive, His Son Beheaded As Cross River Communities Renew War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.