Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans (36852 Views)

This Is Why Humans Can Drink Snakes Venom & Still Stay Alive (Photos, Video) / 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) / 'Ghost' Population Of Humans Discovered In Ancient Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Nobody: 12:46am On Jul 24, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Dengue fever aka denge pose disease
very deadly fever.if it affect u in some serious cases blood will be coming out from ur eyes and nose
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Nobody: 1:20am On Jul 24, 2020
SegFault:

And how old are you too? All your posts are filled with insults on a regular and you have the guts to ask someone how old are you abegii.
Avoid me
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by henry978(m): 1:29am On Jul 24, 2020
Can’t the world agree to eradicate these vermins
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Proffdada: 1:55am On Jul 24, 2020
The EVILution farce
If evolution is real other insects like cockroach would be bloodsucking too. In fact, humans will be preyed on by large insects. God deliberately created variations for we to appreciate His Omniscience

1 Like

Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by SaintBeehot(m): 2:55am On Jul 24, 2020
cyrielo:
Government should make malaria drugs free, it's just that Nigerians are too hungry else they won't be clogging the gutters, they would actually volunteer and contribute money to make a slab to cover their own gutters for their own benefit. undecided

I weak for Naija
Stop pushing blames always, cleaning up your environment would go a long way in the fight against mosquito. They can't easily survive in neat environment, you can't keep blaming the government always.
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by rayval(m): 4:24am On Jul 24, 2020
What of the mosquitoes that will want to sing and bite you at same time. Can we beg them to only bite

1 Like

Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by favour32(m): 4:30am On Jul 24, 2020
BOOKWORMLUX:

Na wa o
I thought it's only slawormir that is allowed to post this way?
This one is a low budget slawomir,
that just registered in the past 72 hours ago.
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by indoorlove(m): 5:14am On Jul 24, 2020
Bonatheripper:
This guys and their nonsense hyping

So who understands mosquito language or spoke with a mosquito president to arrive at this conclusion
Please watch documentary to educate yourself. These 'guys' as you call them are professionals who dedicate their entire life to research.
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Vulcanheph(m): 5:22am On Jul 24, 2020
Bonatheripper:

So who understands mosquito language or spoke with a mosquito president to arrive at this conclusion
some people will just be coming online to display their Foolishness....

Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by ChiefZaddy: 5:35am On Jul 24, 2020
Reliable and trustworthy

Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Moikiitos: 6:07am On Jul 24, 2020
Macsjebs:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/23/health/mosquitoes-attraction-humans-future-wellness-scn/index.html

I was hoping to read that mosquitoes are going to extinction. One would have thought they would have judging by the mass killings on them :/!
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 24, 2020
Which kind mumu evolution be that?
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Nackzy: 6:19am On Jul 24, 2020
cyrielo:
Government should make malaria drugs free, it's just that Nigerians are too hungry else they won't be clogging the gutters, they would actually volunteer and contribute money to make a slab to cover their own gutters for their own benefit. undecided

I weak for Naija
What government white people are doing research you're talking about government
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Izeyiza: 6:44am On Jul 24, 2020
It's evident that the fight against mosquito transmitted diseases should bet topmost on our healthcare delivery system.
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by grammarian247(m): 6:44am On Jul 24, 2020
I am an expert at Pearson Test of English (PTE) coaching. Contact me https:///+2348038999587
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by dazzlingd(m): 6:51am On Jul 24, 2020
butterfly777:
The title of this article is misleading.

Some people try different strategies to make evolution appear real. Many people have seen beyond reasonable fact that evolution is not true. That is why it is an assumption, an intelligent guess. No evidence or experiment to support it.

I did not see any evolution in the story. What I see is adaptation.

Proffdada:
The EVILution farce
If evolution is real other insects like cockroach would be bloodsucking too. In fact, humans will be preyed on by large insects. God deliberately created variations for we to appreciate His Omniscience

You can't fight knowledge, people like u have tried in the past to fight knowledge because it disturbed their religious views, at the end, they succumb.
This is a simple research that has no business with your coignitive bias.

1 Like

Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by dazzlingd(m): 6:53am On Jul 24, 2020
indoorlove:
Please watch documentary to educate yourself. These 'guys' as you call them are professionals who dedicate their entire life to research.

Don't blame him, most people in this part of the world apart from having low IQ are very ignorant and unexposed

1 Like

Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by cray91(m): 7:11am On Jul 24, 2020
they can lie sha. 3500 specie of that small thing, na because all these stupid science fiction dey ginger me now e no help anyone jawe
Bonatheripper:

Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 7:47am On Jul 24, 2020
favour32:

This one is a low budget slawomir,
that just registered in the past 72 hours ago.

Lol
He is not a " real niggar"

1 Like

Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by babtoundey(m): 7:48am On Jul 24, 2020
God all understands how the insect is always able to locate the bearing of your ears. I never ceased to wonder why nature gives mosquito apace to exist. Probably to punish man, who knows.
Seriously, I hate mosquito.

1 Like

Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by BigBashiru: 7:52am On Jul 24, 2020
Macsjebs:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/23/health/mosquitoes-attraction-humans-future-wellness-scn/index.html

White man doing research black man is supposed to be doing. So if white man and foreign media didn't step in, this research would be unknown. Nigeria/Africa wake up
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by favour32(m): 7:54am On Jul 24, 2020
BOOKWORMLUX:

Lol
He is not a " real niggar"
Perhaps, another niggarrr..lol grin

1 Like

Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Excuses: 8:10am On Jul 24, 2020
PotatoSalad:

They play a role in the ecosystem.
If you remove mosquitoes and don't find another insect to take their roles, there'll be a shift in balance and it might be catastrophic

How's that?
What role do they play?

How would the absence of mosquitoes affect the ecosystem?
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 24, 2020
Aedes Aegypti?

You no even mention anopheles mosquito the number one killer in the world, the harbinger of malaria fever.

There are also some mosquitoes that love sucking on leaves. They absorb the plants chlorophyll and then turn green. Those are my only favorite mosquitoes.

I wonder why other mosquitoes can't be like them.

The world would be a happier place if all mosquitoes can just suck the chlorophyll of plants and leave us the hell alone. angry
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by MaCollins1(m): 8:54am On Jul 24, 2020
The problem is not with the mosquito, but with the parasite. Mosquitoes are used as vectors by parasites to propagate the transmission of the pararsite such as the Plasmodium sp. that infect human hosts.
I don't believe wiping out the vehicles would effectively neutralize the parasite, because they may evolve to utilize another vector for their transmission.

As for dry season being the rate limiting step that favours anthropophilic feeding, to me, it sounds more like a hypothesis than an actual fact. A review i read by Boudenga et al. proved that African Gorillas were the natural reservoirs of human loving mosquitoes (P. falciparum), and they evolved and jumped to humans.
Presumably, the increasing human population prompted this jump, but then, its still a matter for debate.
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by MaCollins1(m): 9:02am On Jul 24, 2020
BigBashiru:

White man doing research black man is supposed to be doing. So if white man and foreign media didn't step in, this research would be unknown. Nigeria/Africa wake up

The world is working on eradicating malaria. Malaria was a global problem about 100yrs ago, but it so happens that Sub-saharan Africa is still largely affected today. There are alot of africans doing reaearch and making progress in solving malaria, but the thing is our government do not really care about it, so there is little or no funding from them., and we now depend largely on the white man for funds.
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by uche08(m): 9:52am On Jul 24, 2020
No holy book have ever explain why God created mosquito in this world.
And I ask, if all that God created are for human pleasure, then, of what importance is mosquito in this human life?
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by Randal: 9:54am On Jul 24, 2020
SpicyMimi:

grin grin grin Sorry oh! Looolz

I also feel mosquitoes prefer fair people, as I hardly get bitten, probably as a result of my genotype sha.
Thank you jare... But on the contrary, I black like Sadio Mané.
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by ijedeikorodu(m): 10:03am On Jul 24, 2020
3,500 species of mosquitoes
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by PotatoSalad(m): 10:19am On Jul 24, 2020
Excuses:

How's that?
What role do they play?

How would the absence of mosquitoes affect the ecosystem?
The are pollinators
They are also a part of the food web. Some surface feeding fish and other aquatic insects feed on mosquito larvae.
Toxorhynchitis mosquito larvae feed on other mosquito larvae & help to control medically important mosquitoes like Aedes. Toxorhynchitis does not feed on blood.
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by SpicyMimi(f): 10:38am On Jul 24, 2020
Randal:

Thank you jare... But on the contrary, I black like Sadio Mané.
grin grin grin grin
Re: How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans by KOE1(m): 10:42am On Jul 24, 2020
Good study.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Most Common Passwords 2017 / Big Cobra Killed Near My Construction Site At Abijo GRA, Lekki (Photos) / Today Is World Snake Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.