Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Share Your Unforgettable Trekking Experience - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Share Your Unforgettable Trekking Experience (591 Views)

Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences / Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience / Christmas: Share Your December Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Unforgettable Trekking Experience by Emmacolinho(m): 11:17pm On Jul 23, 2020
Sometimes, things doesn't go the way we plan which forces us to sometimes do the unthinkable! Let me share my experience first.
Yesterday, I went to Agege in Lagos for a minimal job while coming from work and unfortunately, the work took more time than I expected and I completed it by 10pm. By that time, I couldn't find any bus and had to trek all the way to where I stay in Meiran. The journey was like I was travelling to Europe on foot oooh I pity the shoe I wore! Well, I got home around 12:20am exhausted and could barely feel my legs. That's my most recent unusual trekking experience.

Feel free to add yours in the comment section.

Mods oya let's go to the HQ
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Trekking Experience by poshestmina(f): 11:19pm On Jul 23, 2020
For those that are in Ibadan.
I schooled at BOS ,Bodija and we were living at Old Ife road close to Alakiaha .

I trekkkkked almost every day back home.

I wasn't born with a silver spoon,even pako spoon sef,no money to pay carpenter cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

We grew from nothing to comfortable and heading to wealthy.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Trekking Experience by kinglaxon: 11:21pm On Jul 23, 2020
Lol. never trekked before
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Trekking Experience by Artiiclebeast: 11:22pm On Jul 23, 2020
poshestmina:
Lol

Change your email to be able to access your dms grin
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Trekking Experience by myles16(m): 11:28pm On Jul 23, 2020
Was it not 2013 or 2014 after Lagos carnival, there was no BRT nor Danfo buses on the island that day, so I had to trek from TBS to Oyingbo. So I passed that bridge heading towards apongbon to eko bridge to Costain, as I was trekking there were two guys ahead of me while some ladies were at my back, we were all trekking home due to lack of bus, but we were not actually walking together.. was with my phone listening to music, heading towards eko bridge, I was almost at the end of the bridge at apongbon, didn't notice some group of guys at the other side of the bridge heading towards marina. Little did I know that those guys were thieves and had been raiding people of their phones with Jack knife, one sighted me and crossed to the side of the road I was heading towards and told me to hand him my phone as he flashed me his jackknife, as I was about giving him I said chairman " ejo shey mole yo sim mi ati memory card mi" like can I remove my sim and memory card, the bastard told me "ma gun iyalaya pa" that he was going to stab my greatgrand mother to death(actually he was referring to me)..I kukuma corporate and gave him the phone, in my mind I was like "iyalaya Loma gun pa ko shey emi".. I was smiling till I got home that day cause it was like a Yoruba movie to me
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Trekking Experience by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 23, 2020
mine was 2010 when I wrote my g.c.e at one government school at police barracks surulere. so unfortunately for me I misplaced some part of my t.fare and it was only 150 remaining in my pocket, I trekked from police barracks to doyin bus stop then use the remaining 150 to enter bus to mile 2 then from mile 2 I trekked to ojo barracks were I live and arrive 12 midnight...my mom almost went insane because I didn't arrive at the specify time I usually arrive..menh na wa o
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Trekking Experience by poshestmina(f): 1:31am On Jul 24, 2020
Artiiclebeast:

Change your email to be able to access your dms grin

I don't need DMS.
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Trekking Experience by VickyRotex(f): 2:20am On Jul 24, 2020
Op, 2hrs to Europe? Pele ti e undecided

lol funny enough 2 and a half hours walk is a norm and a regular here. Especially since the lockdown. Helps keep the mind, soul and body together.

I get that in Naija some people believe that walking for that long is suffering. Don't misunderstand me, I know at times it happens cos there's just no way around it hence the suffering part(like the op- especially at that time) but it's high time people also know that there are several benefits from walking. So embrace it kiss

No thanks to lots of sedentary jobs these days.
Like they say "Sitting is the new smoking"
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Trekking Experience by Artiiclebeast: 7:49am On Jul 24, 2020
poshestmina:

I don't need extra dm's.
I'm happily, legally after one and few minutes to 2…

Oh...congrats madam and a safe delivery...

1 Like

Re: Share Your Unforgettable Trekking Experience by ExBachelor: 10:56am On Jul 24, 2020
poshestmina:

I don't need extra dm's.
I'm happily, legally after one and few minutes to 2…

Sorry for your loss
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Trekking Experience by Shellsploit: 11:10pm On Jul 26, 2020
Mine was trekking from mushin all the way to okeira ogba some years ago. Closed from work that faithful evening as a depot manager for one cosmetic company. Got to mushin bustop, crowd everywhere. Heard a gist that agbero at oshodi were fighting with police due to the fact that one member of NURTW was killed by police, serious riot. Naso people full bustop. No bus going to oshodi, naso every one begin trek. Getting to oshodi, e be like where dem just finish civil war.
Agbero were busy extorting passerby. People were running for safety, and in the process of running i was among the people they stopped. They collected my wallet and my blackberry pearl fone and was told to run along before they slice me with the broken bottle they had on them. That was how i trekked from oshodi to under bridge ikeja. Approached the bus conductor loadin ikeja to ogba bus, tried explaining myself that i dont have enoff transportation on me and i don't mind hanging on the bus but the conductor refused.

Naso i summon courage begin trek out of shame from ikeja to ogba.
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Trekking Experience by poshestmina(f): 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2020
ExBachelor:

Sorry for your loss

Thank you.
Re: Share Your Unforgettable Trekking Experience by barag(f): 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2020
[quote author=poshestmina post=92037927]For those that are in Ibadan.
I schooled at BOS ,Bodija and we were living at Old Ife road close to Alakiaha .

I trekkkkked almost every day back home.

I wasn't born with a silver spoon,even pako spoon sef,no money to pay carpenter cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Do you meanbAlakia after Airport?

(1) (Reply)

Chiron In Scorpio 5th House - Astrology / Do You Need A Saxophonist. / 4 Tier Wedding Cake Plus Extra For Just N75,000!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.