Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,412 members, 7,800,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Deposit Refunded. - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Deposit Refunded. (10513 Views)

Toyota Vehicles Pre-order Without Deposit / Pre-order Cars/Suv With 50% Deposit, 7 Weeks Delivery / Pre Order Your Car From The Usa, 40% Deposit, 21 Days Guaranteed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deposit Refunded. by Fogman(m): 7:24am On Feb 09, 2011
Nautillus:

Na wah oh, This puts the nail in the coffin for me, 5 months, One Million, then plenty story story, Now Dealer to defend self, reply is now blocked as spam, (see plenty english), Osama, My guy, One advice, IF i were you, I will STOP now and choose between one of TWO approach plan,

1. Accept the my money is GONE, (allk of us must pay maga money at one time or the other) Discount it and move on, 1M wont kill you, as long as you are alive, you will make more, i have lost 14.4 M in a business deal, my hard earned cash,  grin, i laugh now becos, when i look back, i actually lost 12M but spent anoda 2.4M and 4 months trying to get my 12M. So, My brother, you can either decide to Accept your fate and MOVE on, OR,

2. Spend some more cash chasing him down, you might get your money back, you might not, but you would have invested your very precious TIME/MONEY & sweat in trying.

The choice is yours,

As for everyone else, SHINE YOUR EYEs, this is 2011 oh, No insult directed at anyone, just airing my opinion, IF YOU WANT to BUY ANYTHING!!!, ANYTHING AT ALL!!!!!, Take your cash there, PAY & CARRY GO, save yourself plenty heart break oh,

A word is enough

Nice post, but i dont think we have gotten to the stage where he has to forgo his money. German007 has agreed to balance him his N1m back. Read his deleted post by clicking his profile and last posts.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Emperoh(m): 11:09am On Feb 09, 2011
German007,

I think i have to be blunt here even though all the fault are not yours.
But i had to go this way because this is about the third case of delayed transaction delivery on your part. The first one is possibly, not known to everyone here because of the mature way the client took it and i commend him for that. The second one happened just two months ago and now this.

These issues are not doing any good to you and on the long run, some of us.
I can see that where your problem comes from mostly is finance and i can say that apart from a few of us here, none can really boast the huge capital to handle two or more transactions, so its not purely an aberration. What is therefore, is handling more than you can afford at any point in time. Regardless of the tentative profit therein there is need for one to stick to his rules and forte. If you know one car is what you can comfortably handle, pls do so and avoid the temptation of taking on more and then failing. Even when you missed the planned vessel there was still room to amend. Grimaldi does at least 2 transits to West Africa every month and is more reliable to me than any other. We understand the issue we have with logistics but proper assessment of every situation is required so as to fall back in line without delaying your deals.

Whether Osama was right or wrong is not at stake cos it is his money that is involved and a satisfied client is most likely an open door to more deals. I cannot doubt your integrity and the fact that you are sincere but all that pales into insignificance when you begin to track back and dither of delivery dates. No matter how sacrosanct your reasons are and how your client was so wrong, you are the person who will eventually bear the brunt. Ok now, you have ended up soiling your two year relationship with a dealer, lost money, time and also created a bad press for yourself on Nairaland with this. A the end of the day, he still walks off with his money and just sulks he didn't get what he needed.

What i think you should do; Weigh your pocket and know what percentage of deals you can afford to finance and charge accordingly. If you say its 50%, pls stick to it and better you lose such a deal than go thru this route. It is not the end of runs, more will still come. Try to keep abreast of shipping schedules and do transaction at cities with ports. It help cut down on cost and trucking services. They are one unreliable aspect of the US business terrain i hate to work with.

Above all, keep up the integrity and stick to your values. Concentrate more on your forte and develop them. Any runs you can't afford will most certainly give you a headache!!!!

I also urge clients to remain steadfast to confirmed pre-order dealers here. It is still the best way to get a good car at a cheap rate and be sure of what you are getting. Life is full of ups and downs and we will within our network try to solve issues within ourselves as much as we can.

We also seek that you express the utmost sense of objectivity when negotiating these deals. Cars are not as cheap as it is made to look by Nigerians. Trying to jump at a good price is most likely going to end up like this if the price is too good to be true. We crave your understanding and appreciate your support for our business.

My one pence opinion!!!

Re: Deposit Refunded. by stormm: 12:08pm On Feb 09, 2011
Emperoh,

Very well said. Its Osama's money and German's integrity. I had a similar experience sometimes ago and I remember you helped clear some issues on shipping and timelines.

It will be fair to Osama if German does not put up an attitude. Remorse and humility will help ease tempers and a mutually agreed solution will be found. In the long run, it is better to retain a customer.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by BizBooks(m): 12:37pm On Feb 09, 2011
stormm:

It will be fair to Osama if German does not  put up an attitude. Remorse and humility will help ease tempers and a mutually agreed solution will be found. In the long run, it is better to retain a customer.

This matter is actually more complex than I initially thought. From German007's response which was blocked, it appears the client changed his choice of vehicle 4 times after deposit was made (from a Pathfinder, to an Acura to a Jeep Grand Cherokee and finally to a Honda Accord). But all that does not matter now.

So I largely agree with Stormm's statement above. German007 should not put up a public fight over this. He should rather concentrate on resolving the issue with Osama10. I would have even urged him to delete his blocked response. But since his name has been made public, he has a right to defend himself.

Disclosure: I do not know Osama10 but I have exchanged emails with 007 in the past.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Busybody2(f): 1:13pm On Feb 09, 2011
Borrowing a dime from Emperor to add my unsolicited advise to the issue on the ground, once there was a young gentleman like you, German, whom hot coals was being heaped upon like you (I would not name names to spare his blushes) and though the situation was not the same, he came back fighting to clear his image, and yes, like you, he had on this same cocksure, braggadocious and pompous and haughty stance and airs and grace and ego tripping just like you - huffing and beating his chest that no one could bring him down, that he was coming back bigger and better, that his detractors should go and restrategise and blah blah blah and other vomit-inducing nauseous verbose verbal diarhoea he could muster. . . the difference was that his diatribe was solely addressed to his fellow Dealers in the US who were not giving him any room to breath and not his customers . . . A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE cool cool cool

You have a good aura about you, you have a good head on your shoulder, don't lose it cool cool cool
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Osama10(m): 1:28pm On Feb 09, 2011
BizBooks:

This matter is actually more complex than I initially thought. From German007's response which was blocked, it appears the client changed his choice of vehicle 4 times after deposit was made (from a Pathfinder, to an Acura to a Jeep Grand Cherokee and finally to a Honda Accord). But all that does not matter now.

So I largely agree with Stormm's statement above. German007 should not put up a public fight over this. He should rather concentrate on resolving the issue with Osama10. I would have even urged him to delete his blocked response. But since his name has been made public, he has a right to defend himself.

Disclosure: I do not know Osama10 but I have exchanged emails with 007 in the past.

I really hate controversies, I actually chose the Acura MDX 2003 in December after the original Pathfinder ordered was sold by the dealer in US.

He told me that the dealer would get pictures from an auction for another Pathfinder and God knows I waited like eternity to the get pictures but the pictures never came.In between all this the number of calls I make to German007 its uncountable.

I now asked for a refund but he said the dealer refused, so in the process of trying to get just any car from the dealer and end the deal that resulted in jumping from one car to the other.

To German007,

I saw your post on refunding the 1m back, fine I don't have a problem just tell me the exact date you plan to do this so that everyone here would be abreast to our dealings now.When I requested for a refund in December I sent you my account number, if you need me to send it again just tell me.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by jbak: 3:44pm On Feb 09, 2011
Another interesting thread.
I do hope every1 is picking something.
@Osama
I feel your pain,
@007
I'll suggest u try pick another feedback that could help u bounce back.
@nyrol
I like ur reponse, some of the good deals presented aint as good as they make it sound
Re: Deposit Refunded. by coollanny: 12:40am On Feb 10, 2011
There are very sensible guys following this issue and I'm so impressed - somehow bordering on pride to be Naija. What better way is there to be your brother's keeper.

@ Emperor, Storm and indeed all you good people: I hail.
Thanks for being concerned and truthful. I have a better view of the horizon after reading Emperor's comments.

I am far from being an expert in Autos deals of any sort but I get the feeling after reading all these that JB had, and still does not have any intention of duping anyone ( I am aware of some other complaints). He probably ran into a tight corner due to inexperience which also covers Emperor suppositions.

@JB: I have a feeling you are a good guy. I read your deleted response which I consider a desperate bid to clear your name rather than an abusive rant. Even though we cannot prove what you said, i sense a commitment to amend. No one will blame you for trying to be smart but delivering the goods is the only way to measure healthy success in business.
Just handle Osama's case well.

@ Osama: I believe we'll all thank God at the end and smile with you.

We await you, 007.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by jemby: 8:57am On Feb 10, 2011
German OO7 What I feel you should do is to make apologies to your customer and focus more on resolving the issues than bothering yourself about your image and integrity.You will surprised that this same customer would reference you to someone else if you handle things well.God'll help you

Osama you are really a patient man,I don't think I can be that patient when my money is hanging somewhere,just be calm as the issues would be resolved here. thank you
Re: Deposit Refunded. by inspiredm(m): 2:48pm On Feb 10, 2011
Osama10,

German007 has decided to refund you the 1m Naira deposit.

Do you want this decision to over ride your earlier agreements of delivery By February 13th 2011 ?

Can both of you come to a mutual agreement on resolving this matter ?
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Osama10(m): 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2011
inspired_m:

Osama10,

German007 has decided to refund you the 1m Naira deposit.

Do you want this decision to over ride your earlier agreements of delivery By February 13th 2011 ?

Can both of you come to a mutual agreement on resolving this matter ?

Inspired_m,

He has made his decision and I have no problem about that.

I sent him my account number before on November 22, 2010 when I requested a refund but he asked about it yesterday again and I sent it to him yesterday again.

I want him to tell the house the exact date he is refunding the money to my account so that everyone would be informed of our dealings and see if any of us would default.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by inspiredm(m): 9:02pm On Feb 12, 2011
Osama10:

Inspired_m,

He has made his decision and I have no problem about that.

I sent him my account number before on November 22, 2010 when I requested a refund but he asked about it yesterday again and I sent it to him yesterday again.

I want him to tell the house the exact date he is refunding the money to my account so that everyone would be informed of our dealings and see if any of us would default.

Osama10,

I have received an email From German007 as regards Your refund,

I hope you have received an email from German007 to that effect and you are fine With the terms.

Should you have any issues as regards this matter,  Kindly send me an email via inspired.autos@gmail.com

Cheers.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Osama10(m): 10:23pm On Feb 12, 2011
inspired_m:

Osama10,

I have received an email From German007 as regards Your refund,

I hope you have received an email from German007 to that effect and you are fine With the terms.

Should you have any issues as regards this matter,  Kindly send me an email via inspired.autos@gmail.com

Cheers.

Inspired m,

I copied you in the reply I sent him now.

According to the mail he sent me, 24 days from now I should have my 1m in my account.

Am waiting.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Rothstein: 10:53pm On Feb 13, 2011
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][b]The pre-order mess is really stinking so much, i can perceive it on my laptop sad. Why can't a potential customer detect the sinister moves of these crooks on time? :oIt beats my imagination that a man who works so hard could have his 1Million Naira hanging in the pocket of a thief whose only means of livelihood is scamming car buyers looking for better bargains?, I have been regular here on NL but rarely give my judgement cos we always need to hear both side of the story. Find below my conclusions on this issue and the possible outcomes:
1. German 007 never paid for any cars, (GBAM!)
2. In 24 days time, the buyer would not have his money in his account.
3. German 007 is vigorously seeking for new 'MAGA' to scam here before bolting away in 24 days. (CAVEAT EMPTOR!)
4. The buyer should report this case to the law enforcement agencies before GERMAN 007 disappear from the surface of NL world.
5. GERMAN 007 alias JAMES BOND 007 has played the ignorant Osama 10 and the epic of this movie is to be released soon, [/b]
[/font]

6. The truth is like a bile who can swallow it easily?
7. please, potential buyer should know all the necessary details of the pre-order dealer they might be dealing with and the transfer of funds should be done in black and white, The wishy-washy attitudes of most buyers have to stop, Times are hard and enriching a Buffon in the name of cheaper cars is not part of the 2011 prophesy for us, If we take heed,
Re: Deposit Refunded. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:06am On Feb 14, 2011
This pre-order stuff is an eye opener. i hope they both resolve this problem. @german007 i hope you refund osama his money back, because your name is at stake here in the forum. i was going to do this pre-order stuff with a car dealer here but am having a second thought after hearing osama's story. angry
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Osama10(m): 1:04am On Feb 14, 2011
Its 22 days to go, we are counting.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by coollanny: 9:07pm On Feb 14, 2011
@Osama10,
Show some faith, man
If you waited 5months, what's 24 days.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Osama10(m): 5:34am On Feb 15, 2011
coollanny:

@Osama10,
Show some faith, man
If you waited 5months, what's 24 days.

Exactly what am doing now, 21 days to go.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 15, 2011
Rothstein:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][b]The pre-order mess is really stinking so much, i can perceive it on my laptop sad. Why can't a potential customer detect the sinister moves of these crooks on time? :oIt beats my imagination that a man who works so hard could have his 1Million Naira hanging in the pocket of a thief whose only means of livelihood is scamming car buyers looking for better bargains?, I have been regular here on NL but rarely give my judgement cos we always need to hear both side of the story. Find below my conclusions on this issue and the possible outcomes:
1. German 007 never paid for any cars, (GBAM!)
2. In 24 days time, the buyer would not have his money in his account.
3. German 007 is vigorously seeking for new 'MAGA' to scam here before bolting away in 24 days. (CAVEAT EMPTOR!)
4. The buyer should report this case to the law enforcement agencies before GERMAN 007 disappear from the surface of NL world.
5. GERMAN 007 alias JAMES BOND 007 has played the ignorant Osama 10 and the epic of this movie is to be released soon, [/b]
[/font]

6. The truth is like a bile who can swallow it easily?
7. please, potential buyer should know all the necessary details of the pre-order dealer they might be dealing with and the transfer of funds should be done in black and white, The wishy-washy attitudes of most buyers have to stop, Times are hard and enriching a Buffon in the name of cheaper cars is not part of the 2011 prophesy for us, If we take heed,

I would keep my judgemental opinions to myself, if I were you. The wronged individual here is not calling the seller a thief / crook, and he's dealt with him. Why would you pass judgement then?
Re: Deposit Refunded. by frankkky: 10:45am On Feb 15, 2011
i wonder o shocked,@germanoo7 i trust you will refund the said amount on that day,GOD be with you,after that i strongly advise you sue this rothstein felllow for all he is worth for false accusation and defamation of character@rothstein how can you be using such strong words?can you prove them or you just like to spew rubbish out of your mouth?please lets watch what we say on this forum
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Rothstein: 6:09pm On Feb 15, 2011
frankkky:

i wonder o shocked,@germanoo7 i trust you will refund the said amount on that day,GOD be with you,after that i strongly advise you sue this rothstein felllow for all he is worth for false accusation and defamation of character@rothstein how can you be using such strong words?can you prove them or you just like to spew rubbish out of your mouth?please lets watch what we say on this forum
@Frankky, its quite interesting whenever you hold brief for German 007, You are obviously doing a good job by mopping his SH*T.I hope you spent your last pay from him well because you will soon appear in the same court you advised. As far as NL is concerned, my opinion counts and i'm entitled to it. Fellow NLers please find below Barr. Frankky's defence post in a previous case of auto fraud against German 007.

Forums / Autos / Re: Can Someone Please Help Me Prevail On Mr German 007 to tell me where my car is on: January 27, 2011, 01:55 PM
[center]why are nigerians always so quick to use the word fraud? or 419?,has our land become that bad no one trust any one again?as far i can see in this case the seller is only guilty of breach of contract ,[color=#770077]what happened were beyound his control(am not supporting him)but just stating a fact,lets always look at the facts before we start judging based on emotions,i can understand the pain the buyer is going through in the sense of the delay but then we can all see that its not the poor guy fault for goodness sake,its like someone suing a airline for cancelled flights due to bad weather,there are certain things that are out of our control in this life,someone says he wants to present a car as a gift to the mother,GOD forbid what if you meet with an accident and something happens to you,will you sue fate?lets learn to be reasonable please,there are still honest business people in nigeria and contary to populuar belief nigeria is not the worst country on earth,haba!!!make una take am easy.
[/center][/color]
He that has ears, let him hear.[b][b]QED[/b] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

Siena:

I would keep my judgemental opinions to myself, if I were you. The wronged individual here is not calling the seller a thief / crook, and he's dealt with him. Why would you pass judgement then?

@ Siena, I would not like any altercation between us for reasons best know to me, I'm not afraid of anybody and a case of fraud in the People's court of NL world should be analysed critically. I have come to realise there is so much friendship behold borders on NL, If i have a issue with Inspired,German 007 and the rest of popular NLers irrespective of the crux of the issue, Siena would call for restrain but if its the other way round , the song would be CRUCIFY HIM, 
This is my question to Siena: If you order a car online in the UK from sept. 10 till date and the dealer keeps giving you excuses to change your order without refunds( even when you demanded for it); would you not have reported to SCOTLAND YARD?
The sum of One Million Naira is equivalent to Four thousand Pounds, and i know most people in the UK would not part with it in the name of an undelivered car for five months without any drastic action being taken,
Re: Deposit Refunded. by hbrednic: 7:02pm On Feb 15, 2011
frankkky:

One day somebody will do the same to you. Insha Allah.
no matter how you try,you can't silence the truth.Nlers should know the dealers to trust with their
preorder business,not the ones that will roundtrip with your nmoney and throw the capital back after 6months.
Shame to anybody that supports evil on this forum.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by frankkky: 7:10pm On Feb 15, 2011
@rothstein for your information i dont know and have never seen 007 before  in my life except what i read about him here on nl so stop ranting like a kid and a dumb one at that,,i based my views from how he defended himself you can go through his posts (that is if you care) and what others here on nl has said about him or maybe we are all on his payroll .i am a very frank guy and air my views only after thinking well on them,where did you see me blindly supporting 007?,if he is gulity as you said,time will tell afterall 24th is  just a breath away,i tire o for some peeps,dont ever misrespresent me o, and i still stand on what i said,if i were him,i would sue your ass for all you are worth
Re: Deposit Refunded. by frankkky: 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2011
this is one of the reasons i dont like commenting on nl at all,just imagine!!!!please for the benefit of all I AM NOT SUPPORTING AND HAVE NEVER SUPPORTED WRONGDOING FROM ANYONE,the client in question has called on the forum to help thrash this isuue out by crying out,he seels justice which is due him,his hardearned money,and i am fully in support of that.but throwing malicous judgments on anyone is what i dont stand for and thats what i was pointing out to rothstein
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Fogman(m): 9:19pm On Feb 15, 2011
frankkky:

@rothstein for your information i dont know and have never seen 007 before  in my life except what i read about him here on nl so stop ranting like a kid and a dumb one at that,,i based my views from how he defended himself you can go through his posts (that is if you care) and what others here on nl has said about him or maybe we are all on his payroll .i am a very frank guy and air my views only after thinking well on them,where did you see me blindly supporting 007?,if he is gulity as you said,time will tell afterall 24th is  just a breath away,i tire o for some peeps,dont ever misrespresent me o, and i still stand on what i said,if i were him,i would sue your backside for all you are worth

If i were u, i ll keep mute and cease further comment on this issue. Your comment here and the extracted one on same pre order issue concerning German0077 shows that u are bias in ur comment and u re taking over the position of owan, that jumps to the defence of dealers when facts shows that they renege on their agreement with their clients.

On this particular issue German007 reputation is at stake and this is the 3rd time he his having issues with client on his pre order, i advice he keep his act together and dont bite more than he can chew. Remember CUSTOMERS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT!
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Osama10(m): 3:12am On Feb 16, 2011
20 days to go.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by inspiredm(m): 9:54am On Feb 16, 2011
It is inevitable that disagreements will crop up from time to time.

Please be nice and respectful to other members at all times and do not resort to personal attacks, false accusations, name-calling, and other unproductive forms of communication.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Osama10(m): 3:00am On Feb 17, 2011
19 days to go.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Osama10(m): 5:32am On Feb 18, 2011
18 days to go.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by amdman: 7:07am On Feb 18, 2011
@Osama

Your patience is really praiseworthy.

For all these dealers that like to refund, know that not everybody will collect their money without interest. N1M in the hands of sharks that charge 10% would be N1.5M in the months it has taken to resolve this.

@German

Go and do thanksgiving for the gentle people you keep crossing. Not everyone would take these things lying low.

My 2 shots.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Fogman(m): 9:03am On Feb 18, 2011
Osama10:

18 days to go.

Count down continues smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

08-2014 Audi Q5/Q7..Audi A4/A5/A6/A8..08-015 Toyota Sequoia/Tundra (4d Chairmen) / 2009 B M W X 6 ( One In Africa, Live With Inspired ) / Direct Tokunbo Toyota Corolla 2004 Model @1.2m Lagos Ikeja..09035336656

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.