Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,803 members, 7,806,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured (68227 Views)

Russian Fighter Jet Shoots Down U.S Reaper Drone Over Black Sea (Photos) / Putin Inspects New Russian Fighter Jet Unveiled At Air Show / Taiwan Accused Of Shooting Down China's Crashed Fighter Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by ClassicMan202(m): 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2020
Olominira:
Just bullying everyone, Pompeo is calling on nations to stand against China so that America usual way of bullying weak nations would continue unchecked. Jokers!

Modified:

They invade nations by dividing them, and then sponsor the greedy and inexperience oppositions to topple the govt. I don't need to remind you about Libya, Iraq, Venezuela etc.

I want everyone to know that, China is the World's first superpower to become prosperous on hardwork. UK, USA, France and largely all Europeans became wealthy by stealing, killing, slavery, manipulations, etc

I want Nigerian govt at all levels to understudy chinese success. It's a very good model to develop Africa. They would study your technology and innovate it. Chinese are brilliant and resilience. Africans have no reason taking side with anyone, everyone is fighting for their interests

The US are bullies quite alright but don't praise China, I'll rather advice African countries to be weary of China and their Greek gifts before we mortgage our children's future

1 Like

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by johnpablo541(m): 2:51pm On Jul 24, 2020
Whyem15:

Is the US also a rogue country for shooting down a civilian airplane and still refusing to apologize after several years?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.britannica.com/event/Iran-Air-flight-655&ved=2ahUKEwjrv6KB5eXqAhVU3IUKHZ3mC8MQFjAeegQIDxAB&usg=AOvVaw2FrFckAeCS0k22KEvcVaz4
Stop choosing to be ignorant!

They apologized after some years and even paid compensation

2 Likes

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by Ramsak1: 2:53pm On Jul 24, 2020
i've not seen any country that terrorizes and bullies like the US. They hypocritically make noise about human right when they really don't give the Bleep about human right. If there is any regional instability anywhere around the world they are behind it one way or the other.

9 Likes

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by 2016easy2017: 2:53pm On Jul 24, 2020
Xposed2020:
If this ain't terrorism, then nothing can be called terrorism again.
In another man's country ooooo.
When the table turns, those applauding this act will claim victims of persecution.
Evil is evil regardless of who is doing it, good is good regardless of who is doing it and likewise terrorism.
You can't be living peacefully in your house & set mine on fire and still accuse me of terrorism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by 2016easy2017: 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2020
johnpablo541:

substantiate your false plz. u r a big time liar

3 Likes

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by larryUG(m): 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2020
Unnerve:
Visual inspection of a passenger plane. Bollocks, Lol.

If Mahan Air was really transporting weapons for Iranian-linked fighters, I wonder how the F-15 pilot was going to see these weapons from the window of a passenger plane at 34,000ft. Is the plane a flying showglass?
Bros, the F-15 can see the weapons the same way customs or Security at the airport will see concealed weapons. You can never under estimate the modified F-15. Trust me, it is not impossible to have electronic scanners on board the jet that will enable it to assess the plane close by.
they can identify a passenger plane on ground through the radar, coming up close to intercept was just to perform scanning. You will be naive if you think the pilot took off from ground to go look through the window from 1000m to see inside the airplane. you will even be more naive to think the US will rely on naked eyes assessment. If that plane was carrying weapons, and they scan it with their advanced electronics, they go detect am. US no be your mate

8 Likes

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by PresidentAtiku(m): 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2020
Fighter jets and passenger planes dey follow the same route ni?

This America wan fight o
Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by Edojoma(m): 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2020
Unnerve:

If Mahan Air was really transporting weapons for Iranian-linked fighters, I wonder how the F-15 pilot was going to see these weapons from the window of a passenger plane at 34,000ft. Is the plane a flying showglass?

My brother don't b fooled by US antics,, dat F-15 av x-ray scanner n heat signature scanner,, dey wouldn't tell u everything,, u think dey are dat stupid..

2 Likes

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by zeeprince(m): 2:59pm On Jul 24, 2020
That's what they do...cause mayhem and disappear.
The Libya intervention marked the third time in a decade that Washington embraced regime change and then failed to plan for the consequences. In 2001, the United States toppled the Taliban in Afghanistan but gave little thought about how to stabilize the country. In a memo to Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld early in that campaign, Under Secretary of Defense for Policy Douglas Feith argued that Washington “should not allow concerns about stability to paralyze U.S. efforts to oust the Taliban leadership. ... Nation-building is not our key strategic goal.” With the Taliban on the run, decision-makers in Washington behaved as if the mission was over. A year later, in 2002, there were just 10,000 U.S. troops and 5,000 international soldiers trying to provide security to a population of about 20 million. With the new government in Afghanistan unable to provide basic services outside of the capital, the almost inevitable result was a Taliban recovery, which set the stage for today’s stalemated conflict.
Two years later, in 2003, Washington again failed to prepare for the day after, or post-conflict stabilization. The Bush administration was eager to overthrow Saddam Hussein, and equally determined to avoid getting bogged down in a prolonged nation-building mission in Iraq. The result was a “small-footprint” invasion plan aimed at leaving as quickly as possible. There was little or no preparation for the possible collapse of Iraqi institutions, widespread looting, or an organized insurgency. The first U.S. official in charge of Iraqi reconstruction, Jay Garner, summarized the thinking: “[S]tand up a government in Iraq and get out as fast as we can.” Symbolizing the lack of concern for rebuilding the country, Bush’s pick for Garner’s successor was L. Paul Bremer—a man Bush had never met, who wasn’t an expert on Iraq or post-conflict reconstruction, and didn’t speak Arabic. Bremer decided to purge members of Saddam’s Baath Party from public-sector work and disband the Iraqi army, thereby creating a mass of unemployed, resentful, and armed men, furthering the spiral into instability.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by SenecaTheYonger: 3:00pm On Jul 24, 2020
Unnerve:

Several jets can fly closely together to make it appear as one large airliner on radar. Same tactic was deployed by Israel to bomb a Osirak nuclear reactor in Baghdad, Iraq. Don’t speak of what u know nothing about.

4 Likes

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by Ademoore07(m): 3:01pm On Jul 24, 2020
Unnerve:

What's the name of the technology that can scan a plane for weapons at cruising altitude?
Have u heard of "U2 spy"? What of SAR (Synthetic aperture radar) used mostly for reconnaisance mission but had been remodified for higher altitude screening. The outlisted technologies are old. Some of the recent spying technologies info are kept as top secret/classified

3 Likes

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by zeeprince(m): 3:01pm On Jul 24, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

Several jets can fly closely together to make it appear as one large airliner on radar. Same tactic was deployed by Israel to bomb a nuclear reactor in Iran. Don’t speak of what u know nothing about.
so in order to verify if it's a single plane they have to come closer to them to verify that?
Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by Daddysidhan: 3:02pm On Jul 24, 2020
dermmy:

Lol. Daddysidhan come and see your fellow ignoramus here Chief terrorhis moniker is Originality007/tolexy007
Lols idiotic terrorist sympathiser, America is finally giving the Iranians and its proxies the attention they madly and deeply wanted. I thought you said Iran is powerful" Why can't they shoot at the F16? And see if ayatollah Khomeini will not be assassinated the next day like his compatriot soleimani. When was the last time you heard from Kim of North Korea? The guy knew that this is an election year in America and trump won't take bullshit from any bagger compare Kim braggadocio altitude of the last 3years to this year, the idiot don dey hibernation mode Lols. The Iranians has been licking its wounds for the last 3weeks do you think the fire on the nuclear power plant is ordinary Lols. Ori Alaye ti gbale. Keep consoling yourself with bold face

5 Likes

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by Nairalandmonika: 3:02pm On Jul 24, 2020
Unnerve:

Na mumu dey worry them, they don't know what to do with all those money they budget on war hence this stupid mission.

To use a jet to check if there's a weapon inside a plane. Who ever came up with such idea.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by johnpablo541(m): 3:09pm On Jul 24, 2020
2016easy2017:

substantiate your false plz. u r a big time liar

Who is the big time liar now? Can't you argue with facts rather than insults ?

1 Like

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by DimIsaac10(m): 3:09pm On Jul 24, 2020
The Nigerian youths are celebrating diz..
They are hailing America and taunting Iran for defending and challenging American world policing..

How I wish my dear country could even look America eye ball to eye ball like a man.
When I see courage I respect it. Americans can't sleep with their eyes closed when they hear Iran.
Some fellas are already painting Iranian government as being a terrorist without any tangible proof..

I still don't get it, how can you be manufacturing nuclear weapons and try to stop others from such?.
In all films, its America that will always defeat Russia and the rest in war.
That's just film. This is 21st century, war can't be predicted.
Let there not be war anyways.

4 Likes

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by sayso: 3:11pm On Jul 24, 2020
Unnerve:

. And your fellow olndos 41 gave you likes. Read about the capabilities of an F-15 fighter jet on air for combat mission. That plane was scanned head to toe and images sent to pentagon within seconds via SAT.

4 Likes

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by Deepthoughts: 3:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
Unnerve:

well,I believe the US actually wanted to identify the plane properly be n relay the information to ground intelligence for follow up, those guys are not fools,of course it's not possible to detect the content of the plane by just a fly pass,Iran could also like be crying wolf without substance as well, good thing they promised to conduct an investigation,the world awaits their facts.

2 Likes

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by Whyem15: 3:19pm On Jul 24, 2020
johnpablo541:

Can you provide any link or evidence?
Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by tammie24: 3:20pm On Jul 24, 2020
The elderly man should have put on his seat belts

Nonsense talk

If you check am well

The Iranians are at fault
Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by olisaEze(m): 3:22pm On Jul 24, 2020
The US is a bully no doubt, but the Arabs are bigger bullies. And the only way to deal with a bully is to get bigger and hit harder!
Visit their country and then you’ll know the meaning of rights abuse without respite.

I don’t pity Iran, their govt hasn’t made moves to engender trust internationally. So all these Nigerian Muslims crying foul should shift joor. We have our own problems that we haven’t even begun to understand how to tackle facing us right here. cool

3 Likes

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 24, 2020
US the caterpillers.. I don't have their time today, lolz.
Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by SenecaTheYonger: 3:24pm On Jul 24, 2020
zeeprince:
so in order to verify if it's a single plane they have to come closer to them to verify that?

Yes. It flew over Saudi Arabia to Iraq. Saudis saw it as a big airliner and called in to confirm and one of the Israeli pilots spoke Arab and was able to convince them. At the time the Saudis were trying to purchase the AWACS aircraft from the US. It was believed that the mission would not have been successful had Saudi bought that plane as it would fly close to the “airline” to verify.

2 Likes

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:24pm On Jul 24, 2020
Originality007:
[s][/s]

Anything from terrorists iran cannot be trusted. Moreover the Jet only come closer to d Civilian plane no harm was doing, but compare to foolish rouge iran that shot down a civilian plane..i pray the rate of this ur hatred toward America and Other western country no go give u High BP one day. grin
So everything from the US can be trusted shocked

5 Likes

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by tammie24: 3:30pm On Jul 24, 2020
Whyem15:

Tell me another country that enough balls to bomb US bases, shoot down US drones that enters its airspace, intercept US navy ships that enters it territorial waters and harrasses those that are close to it.
The selective amnesia some of you have ehn.
Imperialist aggression on Iran and Syria used to be once in a month, it moved on to become once in a week, right now it is almost everyday. The moment it becomes more than once daily, it has become a war and the other side will respond appropriately. That is where Israel and US are heading to.
I just hope the world will remember that Israel and US have attacked Iran and Syria almost half a thousand times unprovoked and most times without retaliation from the attacked parties.
you have malaria
Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by Edusouls(m): 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2020
Wicked nation that’s why covid wan finish them off, over 100k deaths and increasing they never see anything by the time it finishes with them their name would be Amecovid

3 Likes

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by stagger: 3:32pm On Jul 24, 2020
Unnerve:

A passenger aircraft is supposed to be able to carry which kind of military weapons if not small arms? That was not the concern. The concern was if the aircraft was a bomber which could have posed a direct threat from the air, hence the air patrol and visual inspection.
Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by Antiochus(m): 3:33pm On Jul 24, 2020
tammie24:
you have malaria
You are the one with COVID-19 for your inability to comprehend what he wrote.

3 Likes

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by AbdulHakeem44(m): 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2020
Racoon:
shocked Make US no make Iran commit another fatal error again o.
Would this be your comment if Iran had been the one intercepting US passenger airline? Be sincere

3 Likes

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by perdollar(m): 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2020
hahahaha. Iran on weed tot they r super power, common to scramble una own fighter jets and defend there rickety plane they fit cant
Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by johnpablo541(m): 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2020
Whyem15:

Can you provide any link or evidence?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured by stanluiz(m): 3:37pm On Jul 24, 2020
US bully is too much!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Stampede At Qassem Soleimani's Burial Kills 40 People, Injures 213 Persons / Ugandan Minister, Charles Okello Engola Killed By His Bodyguard Over Non-Payment / President-elect Joe Biden Jogs Out Onto The Stage To Make His Victory Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.