Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,653 members, 7,801,903 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu (35038 Views)

Lithuania Expels Russian Ambassador. Shuts Down Russian Consulate In Lithuanian / Missile Strike Occurs Near U.S. Consulate In Northern Iraq / China To Retaliate As US Closed Its Consulate In Houston, Texas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 24, 2020
china is nt behaving maturely by reciprocating on this. If i were president zi ji pin of china, i would nt retaliate rather i will continue to relate well with them . That way you will be doing more damage to them and their reputation in the eyes of the whole world. You wil get validation for showing restraint in the face of provocation
Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by SEGLIZ: 9:18am On Jul 24, 2020
Integrityfarms:
While nations maintain their sovereignty and protect the pride of their citizens, we have a different scenario.

Rag tag bokoharam and herdsmen bandits from Niger, Mali, Libya rape and rob us with reckless abandon. Our protection for international aid workers is zero.

Our president calls the noble youths as lazy and demarkets us before the world, no wonder we aren't globally respected.

So many rots in the system and everywhere. We have a country where someone is being probed on how he spent billions meant for the welfare of the masses and he has the guts to fake fainting. In all these, nothing has been done to any of these men.

Nigerian Youths for how long are we going to continue in this? For how long are we going to keep quiet, for how long are we going to watch these men toy with our future and that of our born and unborn children? Its time to say enough is enough.

Join hands with us let's stop this nonsense and birth a New Nigeria.

#ourfutureisnow

To join us check my signature

the likes of hushpoppy (demarkets). even before our president sealed the cake with the icing on it.
besides did he lie about it? a useless father would shield a useless dubious son. don't be pained with what our president said just work hard to set the record straight that are different.
just check round truly a number of our youth are choosing crime over ligit hustle.
Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by Ajixegun: 9:20am On Jul 24, 2020
crafteck:

Hmmm... China.... Thank God dem no be strongest world power, all of us for hear wehn... Just one country, bullying different races, countries, religions....
That's what people don't understand about. If china should become world leader, people and countries are going to be bullied in terms of religion and race.

3 Likes

Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by rottennaija(m): 9:22am On Jul 24, 2020
chloedogie:

Those are strong lines from you though. The leadership in the whole world is too demonic. I wonder how human beings become this when they assume power and offices. Sincerely the world is too evil. Hopefully everyone will be fine finally.

That has always been the history of humanity. Power and control. That is what we see in the bible and that is what history also shows.

1 Like

Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by blingxx(m): 9:24am On Jul 24, 2020
Chekwube1989:
China are looking for trouble. We are watching una

Says who.. Who started the trouble ..your great US of A is afraid China is taking world power from them ...let me ask you somethinh apart from warfare and nuclear bombs what other impact have USA made in the world ? ...China is stretching out his economic they even invested alot on your country undecided ..tbh the only thing america does is deploy troops and start war in another man's country undecided

5 Likes

Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by adioolayi(m): 9:25am On Jul 24, 2020
Realtalk20:
[s][/s]

Kai when I read comments from all these public state school eductated dropouts I just get annoyed

What do you know other this rubbish you typed ?

I don't blame you you have a Chinese low budget phone and Corona didn't kill you off

Most times I read comments like the one you put up here on this platform....I will try and profile the poster and decide if it's worthy of my response. You joined this forum in Oct 2019 and most of your comments since then are filled with abuse, hatred, anger and other related issues.

I strongly recommend you see a psychiatrist.

1 Like

Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by infinito1990(m): 9:25am On Jul 24, 2020
blingxx:

Says who.. Who started the trouble ..your great US of A is afraid China is taking world power from them ...let me ask you somethinh apart from warfare and nuclear bombs what other impact have USA made in the world ? ...China is stretching out his economic they even invested alot on your country undecided ..tbh the only thing america does is deploy troops and start war in another man's country undecided

Gibberish

1 Like

Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by chrisxxx(m): 9:27am On Jul 24, 2020
GODISABOVEDEVIL:
The Truth Is that i don't like how this Two Countries Are Fighting, I Still Discussed it with my Dad Yesterday on How I think China will Retaliat.

U S A Is my Second Country After Nigeria,
and I Frequent China Too.

I hope they Work things out pretty soon.

#Good is the Greatest,
#Jesus Christ Rules
Bros u r blessed and connected. Carry us along. We meet somewhere anyhow.
Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by MERCHANDISER: 9:28am On Jul 24, 2020
jrusky:
Let the game continue. China will be decimated to pieces. I remember when Russia under Gorbachev started this same thing with US under Bush where Bush promused Gorbachev Russia will be torn to pieces and it happened USSR fell and many countries broke away to become their own nation, Chenchya etc

China really over stepped by threatening any country who dare to offer Hong Kongian assylum which is very bad statement, wicked and evil no nation in the world has such authority to dictate who to be given assylum or not in another country its unacceptable.

Naturally I dislike Chiness, they worsened their case in my book by creating Corona and turned around throwing blacks on the street and blaming blacks in their damn useless contry for Corona.

China must be broken to pieces their useless overpopulation is making their heads to over-swell and must be beaten to factory setting.

Western media has made everything non_western evil.
We
need to sit down and look at it logically.
Nigeria has been struggling to fight BH for decade, US
has
never shown any genuine support, infact, at a time they're
were technically supporting BH by blocking every
opportunity
to access weapons. Whereas, the same US has been
building sophisticated millitary bases all over Africa with
several billions of dollars even all over islands in Africa.
In a
continent struggling to provide as basic thing as clean
water,
road, edu, etc. In term of infrastructural development, US
hasnt built anything tangible anywhere in Africa despite
her
big economy and influence.
On the other hand, China is building projects across
Africa
from electricity to train to Airport, roads, scholarships to
Africans, etc even with their own money. Let's say we
can't
pay and they take over them, who would still be using
those
infrastructure, Chinese? At least they brought them here,
so
if we can't pay back and they take over them these things
would still be in use by Africans and improve quality of
life,
just like every private business.
US/Trump that everyone is supporting call Africans all
kinds
to unprintable names, visa ban, reporting weak sides of
African nations and continuously ridiculing everything we
do.
The list is long. China hasnt done any of these yet,
western
media still find their ways into the hearts of Africans to
hate
Chinese. Sadly, enough some fake pastors joined this
brainwashed citizens.
Look at China, how many times have they tumbled
African
govt? How many nations have China invaded in Africa?
How
many times has Chinese embassy criticize our local
affairs?
Etc
New York started have underground train in 1809, that's
200yrs, they never extended such to Africa. China started
booming just 20yrs ago and they've extended everything
technology they have to us, that have improved our lives;
From phones, train, Good Airport, Naval ship, Telecom,
Roads, scholarships, etc
Africans must sitdown and think. China is not your
enemy.

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by Excuses: 9:29am On Jul 24, 2020
crafteck:

Get your facts right... I know usa controls things but china is a demon.... Only them hate blacks unanimously, bully hong kong, uk... Etc, only them openly jail for life if you criticise govt,only them no tolerate religions...

Allow people to say what they want,China no send them. America no sent too, but America preach freedom which is what an average being wants.
Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by blingxx(m): 9:30am On Jul 24, 2020
Ajixegun:

That's what people don't understand about. If china should become world leader, people and countries are going to be bullied in terms of religion and race.

Race ?...I don't think so ..and i dont Care about religion either..what positive impact have u.s made in the world apart sending nukes and troops to start war in other people's country , bruh the Chinese have a lot of investment in Africa america doesn't give a sh*t about your country they want you dead sef ..the only time you will ever see americans roaming the streets of africa is when war looms that's when you see them deploying troops down here

2 Likes

Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by proxillin(m): 9:31am On Jul 24, 2020
WinLABSnStores:
Na wá o
China, never slow at retaliating grin

This people should allow peace to reign nau!

USA should stop the bully, this is 21st century.
China has advanced...

Its not byllying kid. It protecting your country...
Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by Sunkyapogee(m): 9:38am On Jul 24, 2020
Valoa432:
Na who go win? End time crisis's I tell you nation's against nation and kingdom against kingdom.
End time again.. even your forefathers said it but all dead.
Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by Devgru: 9:39am On Jul 24, 2020
Why Africans ignorantly take sides in global conflict tells a lot about our naivete... When other nations pursue their own interests and find ways of benefiting from a conflict, all we do is shout "China is evil ", "I stand with America", "China deserves to be world power "etc without a shred of knowledge where our interests align or how to benefit from the conflict.... perpetual slaves

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 24, 2020
proxillin:

Its not byllying kid. It protecting your country...
Common replies I get from Indomie brain generations...
More like having an un-invited and complete stranger coming to protect you in your house by force.
Please use your brain whenever you want to Quote me...
Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by kalu61(m): 9:41am On Jul 24, 2020
blingxx:

Race ?...I don't think so ..and i dont Care about religion either..what positive impact have u.s made in the world apart sending nukes and troops to start war in other people's country , bruh the Chinese have a lot of investment in Africa america doesn't give a sh*t about your country they want you dead sef ..the only time you will ever see americans roaming the streets of africa is when war looms that's when you see them deploying troops down here
You only see China investment in the short term but you are blinded to see them enslaving you in the long term. America is not saint but have provided world security and human right like no other.
Very soon, l mean very soon. China will take over Nigeria with your so called investment.

1 Like

Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by crafteck(m): 9:42am On Jul 24, 2020
anochuko01:

With all the money we're going there to borrow, I think we'll end up being their puppets soon.
Do you see what they're doing to Hong Kong?
If na USA, people for don dey shout.

Exactly... They con threaten uk all cos uk wan create asylum for displaced hong kong people
Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by joyandfaith: 9:44am On Jul 24, 2020
MANDIPUTIN:
Exactly what President Trump want from China, to retaliate.

you get it.
Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by ZooOga: 9:45am On Jul 24, 2020
John Pilger 2016 film in link. (free).

The Coming War on China

http://johnpilger.com/videos/the-coming-war-on-china

When the United States, the world’s biggest military power, decided that China, the second largest economic power, was a threat to its imperial dominance, two-thirds of US naval forces were transferred to Asia and the Pacific. This was the ‘pivot to Asia', announced by President Barack Obama in 2011. China, which in the space of a generation had risen from the chaos of Mao Zedong's ‘Cultural Revolution’ to an economic prosperity that has seen more than 500 million people lifted out of poverty, was suddenly the United States's new enemy.

The build-up of naval forces would reinforce the US's already overwhelmingly superior military position in the region. Seldom referred to in the Western media, 400 American bases surround China with ships, missiles and troops, in an arc that extends from Australia north through the Pacific to Japan, Korea and across Eurasia to Afghanistan and India.

The Coming War on China is John Pilger's most recent film – his 60th documentary and arguably his most prescient. Completed in the month Donald Trump was elected US President, the film investigates the manufacture of a ‘threat’ and the beckoning of a nuclear confrontation.

The film is marked in chapters. Chapter 1 is set in the remote Marshall Islands, in the Pacific, which the United States took over as a United Nations ‘trust territory’ in 1945 with an obligation to ‘protect the population’s health and wellbeing’. From 1946 to 1958, the US exploded the equivalent of one Hiroshima bomb every day in the islands, contaminating its people and environment.

Filming on irradiated Bikini Atoll, which cannot be safely inhabited today, perhaps ever, Pilger describes the testing in 1954 of the world's first hydrogen bomb, codenamed Bravo, which vaporised an entire island, leaving a dark chasm a mile wide in Bikini's beautiful lagoon. The inhabitants had been moved to a nearby atoll, Rongelap, where the ‘unexpected’ fallout endowed them with multiple cancers.

Declassified documents describe a secret programme originally designed to test the effects of radiation on mice and used in the Marshall Islands on human beings. A US Atomic Energy official of the time describes the island of Rongelap as ‘by far the most contaminated place on Earth’.

The human guinea pigs were regularly monitored and underwent scientific examination. Many suffered thyroid cancer, deformities appeared in babies and countless survivors of the original blast died from radiation poisoning. A claims tribunal was set up and quickly ran out of money. The most moving interviews in the film are with islanders, mostly elderly women, who have survived, precariously, in poverty.

Today, the largest of the Marshall Islands, Kwajalein, is home to one of the United States’s most secretive bases, a missile launch pad designed as a ‘stepping stone to Asia and beyond’ and aimed at China.

Chapter 2 describes China's remarkable rise. Using rare archive film, Pilger describes ‘the century of humiliation’, when the Chinese were depicted as the ‘yellow peril’ in the West and racial stereotypes were a staple of Hollywood. Author James Bradley describes the opium trade and the colonisation by Britain and the other imperial powers. ‘The American industrial revolution was funded by huge pools of money… from illegal drugs in the biggest market in the world, China,’ he says.

The 1949 Communist revolution marked the end of foreign exploitation but also, ironically, the beginning of a China that almost no ‘expert’ in the West had predicted. ‘Today,’ says Pilger, standing against the ultra-modern skyline of Shanghai, ‘China has matched America at its own great game of capitalism – and that is unforgivable.’

Four hundred miles away, on the Japanese island of Okinawa, 32 American military installations form the front line of a coming war with China. Fumiko Shimabukuro, aged 87, is one of the leaders of a non-violent resistance challenging Washington’s ‘pivot to Asia’. They want the bases closed and point to a warning from the past. In 1962, during the Cuban missile crisis, American nuclear missiles were ordered to be launched at China, Russia and North Korea by an officer who, it appears, had lost his mind. Only luck – and the vigilance of another officer – allowed his moment of madness to be countermanded. In a memorable sequence, one of the 1962 missile crew describes how the world was almost destroyed ‘by mistake’.

In 2015, Pilger reports, the US Navy and its regional allies, including Australia, rehearsed a blockade that would cut China’s lifelines of oil, trade and raw materials. Today, President Trump is waging a trade war against China, where the United States's biggest companies, such as Apple, are based: the source of a trade deficit for which China is cast, in Trump's world, as the ‘bad guy’. In the meantime, China has built military airstrips in the disputed Spratly Islands, in the South China Sea, and is reported to have placed its nuclear missiles on ‘high alert’.

The Coming War on China was broadcast on ITV in the UK and SBS in Australia, and seen in many other countries, including China, where a pirated version was shown to possibly its biggest audience. ‘It's not the fairest way to distribute a film,’ said Pilger, ‘but I was delighted. The true story of China and America needs to be told, especially in Australia, where, fuelled by America, an anti-China propaganda campaign seems to be inviting a military reaction.’
Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by joyandfaith: 9:47am On Jul 24, 2020
Scholes007:
Decoupling in full swing. It seems Republican Party is achieving their agenda

I feel you. chess game
Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by jrusky(m): 9:48am On Jul 24, 2020
MERCHANDISER:

Western media has made everything non_western evil.
We
need to sit down and look at it logically.
Nigeria has been struggling to fight BH for decade, US
has
never shown any genuine support, infact, at a time they're
were technically supporting BH by blocking every
opportunity
to access weapons. Whereas, the same US has been
building sophisticated millitary bases all over Africa with
several billions of dollars even all over islands in Africa.
In a
continent struggling to provide as basic thing as clean
water,
road, edu, etc. In term of infrastructural development, US
hasnt built anything tangible anywhere in Africa despite
her
big economy and influence.
On the other hand, China is building projects across
Africa
from electricity to train to Airport, roads, scholarships to
Africans, etc even with their own money. Let's say we
can't
pay and they take over them, who would still be using
those
infrastructure, Chinese? At least they brought them here,
so
if we can't pay back and they take over them these things
would still be in use by Africans and improve quality of
life,
just like every private business.
US/Trump that everyone is supporting call Africans all
kinds
to unprintable names, visa ban, reporting weak sides of
African nations and continuously ridiculing everything we
do.
The list is long. China hasnt done any of these yet,
western
media still find their ways into the hearts of Africans to
hate
Chinese. Sadly, enough some fake pastors joined this
brainwashed citizens.
Look at China, how many times have they tumbled
African
govt? How many nations have China invaded in Africa?
How
many times has Chinese embassy criticize our local
affairs?
Etc
New York started have underground train in 1809, that's
200yrs, they never extended such to Africa. China started
booming just 20yrs ago and they've extended everything
technology they have to us, that have improved our lives;
From phones, train, Good Airport, Naval ship, Telecom,
Roads, scholarships, etc
Africans must sitdown and think. China is not your
enemy.

Read my post again and again you will understand better I guess you just through my post but did not read it.

Pls hope you remember this same govt in power in Nigeria were behind America refusal to help in fight against Boko Haram during Gej era just because apc want power by all means.

Moreso how can US help Buhari when his Army Chiefs are thieves pls tell me?

Pls is Buhari himself a serious president to warrant US intervention in fighting Boko Haram?

So pls blame Buhari, his govt and the North who foolishly prefer death in the name of religion belief than peace.

And as per China sorry are you China lawyer and how does China problem now what you should be defending?

I hate China and im not repenting about that they should be dealt with. That is it.

2 Likes

Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by joyandfaith: 9:51am On Jul 24, 2020
kynbasil01:
relax bro, China will still loose at the end...ask yourself how many American citizens going to China and compare how many Chinese citizens going to America

very correct. china benefits more from usa than what usa benefits from china.
Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by Integrityfarms(m): 9:51am On Jul 24, 2020
SEGLIZ:

the likes of hushpoppy (demarkets). even before our president sealed the cake with the icing on it.
besides did he lie about it? a useless father would shield a useless dubious son. don't be pained with what our president said just work hard to set the record straight that are different.
just check round truly a number of our youth are choosing crime over ligit hustle.

Is there any nation without criminals? Is Hushpuppi the only criminal caught? Remember six others were arrested with him. Why use a few to demarket everyone? How many presidents in the world have come out to demarket its citizens?

1 Like

Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by Studyinchina200(m): 9:58am On Jul 24, 2020
Only China can tackle US

2 Likes

Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by Ajixegun: 9:59am On Jul 24, 2020
blingxx:

Those investment? I liken them to Trojan horses.

1 Like

Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by bizhop01: 10:00am On Jul 24, 2020
Donald Trump is weapon of world destruction
Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by Ologbojo2023: 10:03am On Jul 24, 2020
Integrityfarms:
While nations maintain their sovereignty and protect the pride of their citizens, we have a different scenario.

Rag tag bokoharam and herdsmen bandits from Niger, Mali, Libya rape and rob us with reckless abandon. Our protection for international aid workers is zero.

Our president calls the noble youths as lazy and demarkets us before the world, no wonder we aren't globally respected.

So many rots in the system and everywhere. We have a country where someone is being probed on how he spent billions meant for the welfare of the masses and he has the guts to fake fainting. In all these, nothing has been done to any of these men.

Nigerian Youths for how long are we going to continue in this? For how long are we going to keep quiet, for how long are we going to watch these men toy with our future and that of our born and unborn children? Its time to say enough is enough.

Join hands with us let's stop this nonsense and birth a New Nigeria.

#ourfutureisnow

To join us check my signature

how can l be part of this movement...... I'm tired of this failed leader who depend in our resource to survive. I'm 100% ready our future is now
Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by amanikondo: 10:04am On Jul 24, 2020
WinLABSnStores:

You must be mistaken me for your father...
LOL. You should be dead by now then. If not, find a lagoon near you and do the needful. Go and end it.
Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by ijedeikorodu(m): 10:07am On Jul 24, 2020
This cold war between USA and China is not good for world peace
Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:08am On Jul 24, 2020
crafteck:

Hmmm... China.... Thank God dem no be strongest world power, all of us for hear wehn... Just one country, bullying different races, countries, religions....
I think you mean USA. US of A is the only country who has been bullying every other country.
Re: China Orders Closure Of US Consulate In Chengdu by bizhop01: 10:09am On Jul 24, 2020
SEGLIZ:

No sense here,

If you are lazy, corrupt and useless you can't expect millions of Nigeria youths to be like you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

RUSSIA Is Set To Begin Final Tests On Its Lethal Hypersonic 6100mph Missile(Pix) / Thousands Of Palestinians Flee North Gaza After Israel's Evacuation Warning / Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.