Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) (53624 Views)

#endsars: I Drove Around Lagos To See Changes (pics, Video) / Enugu City - I Drove Round The Coal City (pics, Video) / Lockdown Ease: I Drove Around Lagos (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by izzyboi(m): 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I have a question about this third mainland bridge.

Like if you're coming from the east, you can get to the Island without passing through the mainland right?

Cause I've been to VI for a conference back in 2017 but I don't remember passing through this third mainland bridge. Abi I slept through that part of the journey? undecided

If you slept, you missed o grin but there are alternative routes. I think one can bypass the bridge through Orile Iganmu or Western Avenue
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by obyrich(m): 4:25pm On Jul 24, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I have a question about this third mainland bridge.

Like if you're coming from the east, you can get to the Island without passing through the mainland right?

Cause I've been to VI for a conference back in 2017 but I don't remember passing through this third mainland bridge. Abi I slept through that part of the journey? undecided
You follow Lekki?
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Sixfeetbelle: 4:27pm On Jul 24, 2020
obyrich:
You follow Lekki?

I'm not sure the exact route but we went through somewhere that came out at Ajah then from Ajah through the the express through Lekki then to VI.
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Sixfeetbelle: 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2020
izzyboi:

If you slept, you missed o grin but there are alternative routes. I think one can bypass the bridge through Orile Iganmu or Western Avenue

grin grin grin grin

Abi nah.

But I believe the bridge can take more than 30 minutes so I doubt I could have slept the whole time. I strongly believe we took another route that led us through Ajah to Lekki then to VI

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by uvie66: 4:30pm On Jul 24, 2020
tammie24:
abeg make we hear word!

Civil engineer

That's how bridges are closed in other countries for months abi

Civil engineer... Pele
Yes, that is how bridges are closed in western countries, a case in point was London, where the tower bridge was closed for months for maintenance same with Hammersmith bridge, I ply these routes,Google and check if in doubt .

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by jd3trice(m): 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2020
You must have passed through ijebu ode-Epe-Ajah-Lekki-VI axis. That is a different route entirely.
Sixfeetbelle:

grin grin grin grin

Abi nah.

But I believe the bridge can take more than 30 minutes so I doubt I could have slept the whole time. I strongly believe we took another route that led us through Ajah to Lekki then to VI
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by akpunda86: 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2020
rindeog:
D closure go affect lagosians no be small

Lagosians smiling and suffering.
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Sixfeetbelle: 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2020
jd3trice:
You must have passed through ijebu ode-Epe-Ajah-Lekki-VI axis. That is a different route entirely.

I think that makes sense. We passed through some villages before the Ajah side came into view. Thing with me is that even if I'm feeling sleepy, once we get to River Niger Bridge (most bridges on a whole), I don't feel safe again. So I'm always alert in case...

Thanks though for the clarification.
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by timocruzcmbb(m): 4:50pm On Jul 24, 2020
thesicilian:
I already feel closing a bridge of such importance for 6 whole months for repairs is a big mistake. If they work night and day in shifts with high tech equipment, they should be able to finish it under 2 - 3 months.

It not a mistake but a big problem

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Gmailboy(m): 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2020
Chai i go miss this road.. My 08 Lexus dey always fly for night for road ajeh
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by obyrich(m): 5:00pm On Jul 24, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I'm not sure the exact route but we went through somewhere that came out at Ajah then from Ajah through the the express through Lekki then to VI.
That's the route. You didn't go through the bridge.
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Loveknitting: 5:02pm On Jul 24, 2020
thesicilian:
I already feel closing a bridge of such importance for 6 whole months for repairs is a big mistake. If they work night and day in shifts with high tech equipment, they should be able to finish it under 2 - 3 months.

You know Nigerian leaders like making life hearder for it citizens.

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by obyrich(m): 5:02pm On Jul 24, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I think that makes sense. We passed through some villages before the Ajah side came into view. Thing with me is that even if I'm feeling sleepy, once we get to River Niger Bridge (most bridges on a whole), I don't feel safe again. So I'm always alert in case...

Thanks though for the clarification.
Please what do we call this phobia for bridges? grin
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by izzyboi(m): 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

grin grin grin grin

Abi nah.

Yeah. It has to be another route. You would have seen it on your way back
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Sixfeetbelle: 5:09pm On Jul 24, 2020
obyrich:

It's not phobia for bridges per se, but of drowing in the deep water below. I can't swim and I dread the thought of dying by drowning or asphyxiation like any situation that will warrant me needing for oxygen more than I should have on a regular.

So it is maybe on a low-key, fear of bridges and majorly, fear of drowning.

2 Likes

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Sixfeetbelle: 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2020
izzyboi:

Yeah. It has to be another route. You would have seen it on your way back

Exactly.

Damn. I missed passing through this bridge when I had the chance.
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Employmenthub(f): 5:19pm On Jul 24, 2020
Nice

Many Job Seekers, Few TALENTS...*

Recruiters are not in the market for just "jobseekers" anymore, they are in search of "talent". The war for talent indicates that there is a shift in the recruitment requirement which means only a few candidates are "Qualified" In the past "Qualified" meant "competence". You could do the job, you could handle its responsibilities because you met all (or most) of its requirement.

"Qualified" today means something different, it means you are not just competent but also exceptional!. You can do more than the role requirements. You have the skills-set to take on more responsibilities than the job title.

What differentiates a talent from a regular job seeker is the "KSA" they possess. Of cause, talent has exceptional abilities to do more.

Now, this is a wake-up call to all job seekers, the rule of the game has changed, it's wise if you change tactics. "You are unemployed, not useless!" don't be wasteful with your time.

Upskill yourself! Take courses online. Google skill-set crucial to your career path and starts learning, (online/offline).

Do something productive why you are waiting for the job to come, so when it comes? you will be THE TALENT!!

Also, it is vital to have a great CV that demonstrates you are a prospect, it is wasteful to be the TALENT and have a CV that shows you unfit.

Get a professional CV upgrade today by calling or texting(WhatsApp) peculiar (check my signature of profile for number)
Let's show you off as the TALENT!!

Currently unemployed or seeking to change jobs??. This is the group you wanna be in, join the employment hub group, and have access to lots of curated job vacancies (mostly verified adverts) access career materials and articles to increase your job search. Share with friends and family.

(Check my signature for number to join)

Have a productive
midweek

#Recruitment #HR #Jobskeers #Employability #Talents #Recruit
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 24, 2020
obyrich:

Bridge ''o'' Phobia
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Depressed101: 5:23pm On Jul 24, 2020
izzyboi:
Ever since I passed on this bridge, my respect for engineers (Shebi they're the ones that build bridges) has increased big time.

I can't just fathom how they were able to put up that kind of structure
if you respect this normal bridge, what will you say when you meet the marina bay sands in Singapore

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by forayfleo(m): 5:26pm On Jul 24, 2020
Wish Lagosians the best of luck
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by AmadorSays: 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2020
I wonder how complicated the traffic will be in Lagos once this bridge is shut down, I feel there should have been easier methods to approach this, 6 months is quite some time. Meanwhile, if the traffic gets difficult, recharging your phone from your bank shouldn't, use *444# to buy Airtime at your convenience.

5 Likes

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Ijaya123: 5:39pm On Jul 24, 2020
thesicilian:

The is not going to be closed completely for that 6 months. One side will be opened to inward and outward traffic for 3 months while work is going on on the other side.
And for another 3 months, work will shift to the other side while the side repaired will be open to traffic

1 Like

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by thesicilian: 5:42pm On Jul 24, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
maybe u should handle the contract perhaps demolish that bridge and build another within 7days like jesus.
Jesus said 3 days, not 7.
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Obusjames(m): 5:48pm On Jul 24, 2020
Weldone
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by thesicilian: 5:52pm On Jul 24, 2020
noble71:

You are not a Civil Engineer. So you can't give suggestions in a field that's not yours. It's not duplex maintenance grin. Bridge redesign and maintenance requires time.

Meanwhile Sell your Ethereum to us.
You guys and jumping to conclusions
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Draught: 5:54pm On Jul 24, 2020
No but seriously guys, why can't nja just drive on one lane consistently?

Look at the guy forward in the first road cam view, just doing double lane, that sh*t gets me aggravated..

The paint might be faded (in most cases!)but least you know your positional path on the road.

Nice vid Afam.
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by LZAA: 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2020
SaintLucia:
See how the place dey calm. No gala hawkers from..... grin

Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by SaintLucia: 5:58pm On Jul 24, 2020
[quote author=LZAA post=92063244][/quote]U didn't give the guy his gala change ba grin
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by tomdon(m): 6:41pm On Jul 24, 2020
luminouz:

Your feelings dont build safe bridges

Let the experts do their work.

Even fresh bridges are done in weeks in developed countries. Those are the experts not these impostors we have here
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by Heavance(m): 6:50pm On Jul 24, 2020
The amount spent on maintenance over the years is enough to build another.
Constructing another will reduce the traffic on this bridge and expand it's lifespan.
I am just sorry I am a Nigerian, Ibrahim Babangida built this bridge (originally named after him), and till now, democracy has not reduced the traffic on it. The only idea democracy has is maintenance every 2 years
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by luminouz(m): 7:10pm On Jul 24, 2020
tomdon:

Even fresh bridges are done in weeks in developed countries. Those are the experts not these impostors we have here
K
Re: I Drove Through The 3rd Mainland Bridge Before Closure (pics, Video) by tommenoh(m): 7:13pm On Jul 24, 2020
[quote author=noble71 post=92058770]
You are not a Civil Engineer. So you can't give suggestions in a field that's not yours. It's not duplex maintenance grin. Bridge redesign and maintenance requires time.

Meanwhile Sell your Ethereum to us. [/quote
The first poster,has a valid point,which should be aired: for that length of time?for crying out loud,its going to cause upheaval in the time of resumption of thousands of workers and equally, pose lots of hardship.the importance of the bridge is obvious and whoever its contracted to,should be equal to the task of finishing well before the stated timeframe.
Its not as if a new bridge is to be constructed:if you are quoting for its maintenance, its believed you have the nettle for it:equipment shoud be mobilized and fast pace if work,be insured thru round the clock workings.Look at the Niger bridge,that's yet to be completed,decades after!we like the snail pace of working,just to make believe, a job is extremely difficult to carry out.
We have seen asphalt laying machines that cover a while 4-lane production:yet we don't have such in Nigeria!why won't a simple 2 lane road,take months to complete a stretch under 50km??!
We need to be more in tune with advanced climes,especially with the budgets for such projects,quoted in billions!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BRT Crushes Lagos Businesswoman To Death, Driver Flees / Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident / Hoodlums In Abia Uproot Rail Lines, Sell To Recycling Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.