Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver (37979 Views)

What A Lagos Bolt Driver Sent To His Friend / Broke Lady Offers Lagos Uber Driver Sex In Exchange For Payment. He Refuses / A Lagos Bike Rider Uses Dustbin As Dispatch Box To Evade Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by sonnie10: 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2020
Some of the Uber drivers are too nice and it makes me uncomfortable.
All I want is a ride, not someone to have a conversation with.
And when you keeping calling me Sir unnecessarily, I feel you are about to take advantage.

4 Likes

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by meobizy(f): 3:09pm On Jul 25, 2020
Yes?
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Orpe7(m): 3:11pm On Jul 25, 2020
Ishilove:
Having to deal with different kinds of people in my line of work has taught me patience so I try as much as possible to be polite to service providers. Besides, I have home training grin

My job will humble you else na hunger go finish you
Which job am I talking about, Insurance Sales

2 Likes

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by illicit(m): 3:13pm On Jul 25, 2020
People hardly appreciate a teacher.

1 Like

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Duru9(m): 3:14pm On Jul 25, 2020
Petyprincess:
These uber drivers are usually respectful sha o, nd as a good girl with home training i never being rude to anyone. They literally hustling like everyone out there so why should i be rude? But seems some of them doing something about their tracker that it charges alot to what i always expect grin

They don't do anything the trip calculate according to your movement, holdup or any other delay

I'm an uber driver here in Abuja also, some times a rider will order you when you get to their pick up location they will ask you to wait, bolt free waiting time is 5minutes anything more than that will add to the fare, secondly some riders will tell driver that they want to buy something here, they want to quickly do this and that, all these things count too

14 Likes

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by pocohantas(f): 3:15pm On Jul 25, 2020
sonnie10:
Some of the Uber drivers are too nice and it makes me uncomfortable.
All I want is a ride, not someone to have a conversation with.
And when you keeping calling me Sir unnecessarily, I feel you are about to take advantage.

I am not alone after all. Some people just want a ride, it is not pride o, they just want a ride!!

8 Likes

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Hoodgod(m): 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2020
Ishilove:
Having to deal with different kinds of people in my line of work has taught me patience so I try as much as possible to be polite to service providers. Besides, I have home training grin
self glorified!!

2 Likes

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Glaswegian: 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2020
Not surprised at what he wrote it here.

For the rude passengers, who don't have cars, I guess it has to do with seeing Uber ride as “owning” a car for 2 hours and exercising all the control they never had on a car in their life since they never had a car in their life.

For the yahoo-yahoo, yes, that Agungi-Chevron axis all the way to Ajah (Badore in particular) is the Yahoo headquarters in Lagos.

I know a lot of people in Badore and anytime I see news of arrest of Yahoo boys in the news, I always rush to the see the faces if any is familiar.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 25, 2020
I did notice a pattern: the worst of them tended to be the ones who definitely cannot afford a car. Reason unclear, cause you'd think they'd appreciate the value more

Bad Belle people

3 Likes

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by GreatResearcher: 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2020
[s]
Petyprincess:
These uber drivers are usually respectful sha o, nd as a good girl with home training i never being rude to anyone. They literally hustling like everyone out there so why should i be rude? But seems some of them doing something about their tracker that it charges alot to what i always expect grin
[/s]
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Wigetsolar: 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2020
People who can't afford a thing talk badly about it most. If I lie, listen to an agbero who calls other people's car "carton".

8 Likes

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by teacherbim(f): 3:20pm On Jul 25, 2020
Duru9:

They don't do anything the trip calculate according to your movement, holdup or any other delay

I'm an uber driver here in Abuja also, some times a rider will order you when you get to their pick up location they will ask you to wait, bolt free waiting time is 5minutes anything more than that will add to the fare, secondly some riders will tell driver that they want to buy something here, they want to quickly do this and that, all these things count too please can I order for Uber, from Lagos to Ogun state?

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by teacherbim(f): 3:22pm On Jul 25, 2020
Duru9:

I'm an uber driver here in Abuja also, some times a rider will order you when you get to their pick up location they will ask you to wait, bolt free waiting time is 5minutes anything more than that will add to the fare, secondly some riders will tell driver that they want to buy something here, they want to quickly do this and that, all these things count too

Please can I order for Uber from Lagos to Ogun?
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by GreatResearcher: 3:22pm On Jul 25, 2020
Ishilove:

Those adults obviously are not very strong willed individuals.
Long time. Hope you are fine. I'd be in Lag soon. I need a strong
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by GreatResearcher: 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2020
teacherbim:

Please can I order for Uber from Lagos to Ogun?
Is that where you do your shawo work?

1 Like

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Blackmoran(m): 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2020
Ishilove:

It's only secondary school kids that should be influenced by peer pressure. If you're an adult and your friends can still influence you then there is something seriously wrong with that person.
it is not only kids ooo, even as an adult we are all bombarded with pressure and society norm, most people wouldn't have gotten married if not from pressure around them...

1 Like

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by sylve11: 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2020
That's how one Uber driver beat the hell outta a lady. Some people are damn rude even to people they've not seen in their lives before. sad cool

2 Likes

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Lexusgs430: 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2020
Never had a bad uber experience. And I always tip the drivers, almost equal or over the cost of the ride............ grin
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by uuzba(m): 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2020
uboma:
Funny but an interesting piece.

It's strange how some peeps assume that you have nothing better to do just because one is an Uber Driver (or a personal Driver).

Whenever I enter an Uber/bolt I ask the driver if the car is his own? Only one guy that said he was a student and he bought the car NEW for the Uber stuff. So I just adviced him not to be entering flooded areas that will spoil the car..
Other drivers say they are driving someone else's car and they narrate same series of stories as above.

4 Likes

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by AfroKnight: 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2020
They went to the border to fight and came back victorious? cheesy

I like this guy.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by MZrapper(f): 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2020
Ishilove:
Eskiz mi. You don't. undecided

1 Like

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by myles16(m): 3:27pm On Jul 25, 2020
I once saw one Ford explorer 2017 used for Uber... I was shocked

3 Likes

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 25, 2020
Uber, Taxify and the metro buses and Uber boats and cyclist, should be what should be allowed in Nigeria now, apart from people's personal vehicles, I think all this keke and okada should just be scrapped and all those things used as metals to help strengthen the iron bridges we av, the government should get metro buses that this okada and keke people should be using, d person that brought the idea of keke just took us backwards in national development!

4 Likes

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by teacherbim(f): 3:28pm On Jul 25, 2020
GreatResearcher:
Is that where you do your shawo work?
Yes that is where I do my ashewo work with your foolish ashawo Greatgrandmother, grandmother, mother, your unborn children and all the foolish women in your useless life.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by AK481(m): 3:28pm On Jul 25, 2020
Wait until you read the diary of an Uber driver in the island.

Na that time u go fear marriage .
Most girls there are prostitute .

9 Likes

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Petyprincess(f): 3:28pm On Jul 25, 2020
GreatResearcher:
[s][/s]

Hey simp grin
Where has your flat ass been? Hope you have changed for good?

2 Likes

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Petyprincess(f): 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2020
teacherbim:
Yes that is where I do my ashewo work with your foolish ashawo Greatgrandmother, grandmother, mother, your unborn children and all the foolish women in your useless life.
You people will not kill me grin

3 Likes

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by ednut1(m): 3:30pm On Jul 25, 2020
Yahoo boys in that Chevron axis ehn. Most living in duplexes

2 Likes

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Simplecity(m): 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2020
Ishilove:
the day pesin vex you sotey you drop home training for ground small ehn....you no go know when you dan knock person out cold ..e go be like film trick grin...speaking from experience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Biggest Things Ever To Be Transported By Sea / List Of Nigerian Planes And Their Ages - Read This Before You Fly. / Black Box From Crashed Ethiopian Airline Arrives Paris For Investigation(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.