Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,807 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver (37977 Views)

What A Lagos Bolt Driver Sent To His Friend / Broke Lady Offers Lagos Uber Driver Sex In Exchange For Payment. He Refuses / A Lagos Bike Rider Uses Dustbin As Dispatch Box To Evade Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by TemmyT002(m): 5:51pm On Jul 25, 2020
The Italian and Taiwan people are right sha
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by xana101: 5:55pm On Jul 25, 2020
Most of the female riders can’t pay their fare. It’s d guy that always come to make payment. Yet they run there mouth. U see a jobless girl insulting an Uber driver. I don’t blame them olosho girls. I blame d guys that pays as much as 20k to a total random stranger u just had intimacy. With and u gave her 20k next minute she goes to another hotel to meet another random man. Why will u pay as much as that. If ur guy beg u money now u go cry and tell him how u are in serious debt. Some girls in lekki get up to 50k for intimacy. Men are indeed big fool.

14 Likes

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by 0taPiaPia(m): 6:10pm On Jul 25, 2020
myles16:
I once saw one Ford explorer 2017 used for Uber... I was shocked

The owner of the car was just catching cruise cool

1 Like

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by wonder233: 6:41pm On Jul 25, 2020
That first line is very correct: rudeness cuts across gender, education and status.
As an ex-uber driver, that's the first thing I noticed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by authority2006(m): 7:04pm On Jul 25, 2020
janedonez:
In most big cities, the perverted one's try to make double gains especially with their female clients. Ask those who work weekends, they know better

Their female clients paying them?
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by authority2006(m): 7:10pm On Jul 25, 2020
xana101:
Most of the female riders can’t pay their fare. It’s d guy that always come to make payment. Yet they run there mouth. U see a jobless girl insulting an Uber driver. I don’t blame them olosho girls. I blame d guys that pays as much as 20k to a total random stranger u just had intimacy. With and u gave her 20k next minute she goes to another hotel to meet another random man. Why will u pay as much as that. If ur guy beg u money now u go cry and tell him how u are in serious debt. Some girls in lekki get up to 50k for intimacy. Men are indeed big fool.

Easy chairman, that's the way of men, most can't escape it.
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Corroro: 7:34pm On Jul 25, 2020
Lovely, what an experience
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by AbdulSleeky: 7:48pm On Jul 25, 2020
Ishilove:
Having to deal with different kinds of people in my line of work has taught me patience so I try as much as possible to be polite to service providers. Besides, I have home training grin

undecided
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by steppin: 7:51pm On Jul 25, 2020
sonnie10:
Some of the Uber drivers are too nice and it makes me uncomfortable.
All I want is a ride, not someone to have a conversation with.
And when you keeping calling me Sir unnecessarily, I feel you are about to take advantage.
You must be an igbo man.
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Gerrard59(m): 7:56pm On Jul 25, 2020
xana101:

All this anger on top how an independent person decides on how to spend his money? grin
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:09pm On Jul 25, 2020
teacherbim:
Yes that is where I do my ashewo work with your foolish ashawo Greatgrandmother, grandmother, mother, your unborn children and all the foolish women in your useless life.
no need to reply certain kinds of people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by IamHonourable1: 8:49pm On Jul 25, 2020
Most parents are failing in their responsibilities in raising good children.
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Cheeryfeet: 9:35pm On Jul 25, 2020
uboma:
Funny but an interesting piece.

It's strange how some peeps assume that you have nothing better to do just because one is an Uber Driver (or a personal Driver).

Bro the truth is that if you had something better to do then Uber you would have been doing that instead of driving. From Ex Taxify/Uber driver.

1 Like

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by klbakare(m): 10:10pm On Jul 25, 2020
Heathrow44:
Uber, Taxify and the metro buses and Uber boats and cyclist, should be what should be allowed in Nigeria now, apart from people's personal vehicles, I think all this keke and okada should just be scrapped and all those things used as metals to help strengthen the iron bridges we av, the government should get metro buses that this okada and keke people should be using, d person that brought the idea of keke just took us backwards in national development!

You don't know anything. Obasanjo brought keke under the national poverty alleviation programme(NAPEP) . It was formerly called "keke napep". and it did help so many people and families. From the importers, to the assemblers, to the rental agents, to the drivers, riders, part sellers, mechanics etc. Obviously you don't know what it means to create jobs and to meet a country in shanties as obasanjo met it. If you say, its usefulness has elapsed you may be right, but to say the person who brought it took us backwards? You definitely don't know what you are saying.

5 Likes

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Bruno11586(m): 10:20pm On Jul 25, 2020
Guys please be careful when you pick a passenger and he tells you he is a yahoo boy and he want to pick up money. It's a scam... You are the target.

3 Likes

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 25, 2020
klbakare:

You don't know anything. Obasanjo brought keke under the national poverty alleviation programme(NAPEP) . It was formerly called "keke napep". and it did help so many people and families. From the importers, to the assemblers, to the rental agents, to the drivers, riders, part sellers, mechanics etc. Obviously you don't know what it means to create jobs and to meet a country in shanties as obasanjo met it. If you say, its usefulness has elapsed you may be right, but to say the person who brought it took us backwards? You definitely don't know what you are saying.

The keke napep has overstayed its welcome, I think if obj had used the money he used to buy the those things to get modern metro buses and build underground tube railway speed trains and get more buses and taxi's it would have been so much better but know trying to take this keke and okada out is going to look as though u re pushing them into hunger, it has to be a slow gradual process of phasing those noisy metals that cause accidents, noise pollution and air pollution and get modern metro buses like the BRT or Marcapolo
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by solonubinho(m): 11:04pm On Jul 25, 2020
Ishilove:
I have never ridden an SUV uber. I thought that was a fable undecided

Haha rode in a Mercedes one time.
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by myles16(m): 12:12am On Jul 26, 2020
0taPiaPia:

The owner of the car was just catching cruise cool

abi him dey find babe sef, Uber money na fuel money or recharge card money for am

1 Like

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by uboma(m): 12:13am On Jul 26, 2020
Cheeryfeet:
Bro the truth is that if you had something better to do then Uber you would have been doing that instead of driving. From Ex Taxify/Uber driver.

What if someone who is employed/has a business running decides to dedicate 2 hours per day or the weekend to Uber driving?

1 Like

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Cheeryfeet: 12:59am On Jul 26, 2020
uboma:

What if someone who is employed/has a business running decides to dedicate 2 hours per day or the weekend to Uber driving?

Bro if you are an app driver, then you and I knows it doesn't work that way.
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Nobody: 5:27am On Jul 26, 2020
Petyprincess:
These uber drivers are usually respectful sha o, nd as a good girl with home training i never being rude to anyone. They literally hustling like everyone out there so why should i be rude? But seems some of them doing something about their tracker that it charges alot to what i always expect grin
you're a big girl na
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by castro316: 10:55am On Jul 26, 2020
Heathrow44:

The keke napep has overstayed its welcome, I think if obj had used the money he used to buy the those things to get modern metro buses and build underground tube railway speed trains and get more buses and taxi's it would have been so much better but know trying to take this keke and okada out is going to look as though u re pushing them into hunger, it has to be a slow gradual process of phasing those noisy metals that cause accidents, noise pollution and air pollution and get modern metro buses like the BRT or Marcapolo

I was trying to beg on your behalf but now you confirm that you don't know what you are talking. I am sure you mother is still feeding you that's why. There are no jobs and. Obj looked for a way to create some. How many have you created? Suggest on or two then I will clap for you.
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 26, 2020
castro316:

I was trying to beg on your behalf but now you confirm that you don't know what you are talking. I am sure you mother is still feeding you that's why. There are no jobs and. Obj looked for a way to create some. How many have you created? Suggest on or two then I will clap for you.

Do u know one thing with people like u, trying to improve d country is wat u want but the things that re needed for ur city to look like d London u wish 4 is wat u don't want! U can't eat ur cake and have it, I suggested the metro buses to be used, all the keke and okada people would be forced to operate on the metro buses, marcopolo buses, BRT lanes, Underground tube railway system, double deckers! All would be registered on a Union, d Union would oversee the welfare of all its members! Is just like telling all d keke and Okada to drop their vehicles to the government, then d govt would incorporate them into the union, simple they don't lose anything and d job u re saying they would lose, would be further strengthened as government's jobs arent that unstable!

2 Likes

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by castro316: 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
Heathrow44:

Do u know one thing with people like u, trying to improve d country is wat u want but the things that re needed for ur city to look like d London u wish 4 is wat u don't want! U can't eat ur cake and have it, I suggested the metro buses to be used, all the keke and okada people would be forced to operate on the metro buses, marcopolo buses, BRT lanes, Underground tube railway system, double deckers! All would be registered on a Union, d Union would oversee the welfare of all its members! Is just like telling all d keke and Okada to drop their vehicles to the government, then d govt would incorporate them into the union, simple they don't lose anything and d job u re saying they would lose, would be further strengthened as government's jobs arent that unstable!

Gentleman development occurs in stages. It does not occur overnight. Remember that Nigerians are certificate getters and not invention oriented. Any development is good as far as I am concerned. So far so good I think Lagos is the most focused on development I am innovator and man it's not easy to create new things plus our country is soaked in the blood of corruption. Forward ever. Join hands let's think of something achievable
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by dfrost: 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
Ishilove:

It's only secondary school kids that should be influenced by peer pressure. If you're an adult and your friends can still influence you then there is something seriously wrong with that person.

Ish, that's why it is called peer pressure. Anybody can be influenced. The old man singing Naira Marley's song the other day nko?

Peer pressure - influence from members of one's peer group. Age doesn't factor here.
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Ishilove: 1:55pm On Jul 26, 2020
dfrost:

Ish, that's why it is called peer pressure. Anybody can be influenced. The old man singing Naira Marley's song the other day nko?

Peer pressure - influence from members of one's peer group. Age doesn't factor here.
You have a solid point. I guess I'm just speaking from my own perspective because I have never been easily influenced by peer.
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by dfrost: 3:08pm On Jul 26, 2020
Ishilove:

You have a solid point. I guess I'm just speaking from my own perspective because I have never been easily influenced by peer.

I understand you sis. cool

1 Like

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Gaggii: 3:08pm On Jul 26, 2020
EazyMoh:
My Uber story.
I asked this guy to pick my phone charger I forgot at a friend's place and bring it to me. This dude could not read GPS map! A trip of less than 10minutes estimated at between N400-N480 took him more than an hour. he kept driving in circles and missing the right turns, despite me been on the phone several times. He claimed he didn't know the area. When finally arrived fare was N1,700. I was generous enough to give him all the cash on me which was N1200 and he tried to argue with me that uber will also charge him.
My worst Uber experience.

I just started driving bolt, but I dey get issue with that map ooo...any scope you fit gimme to understand the map
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by EazyMoh(m): 4:35pm On Jul 26, 2020
Gaggii:

I just started driving bolt, but I dey get issue with that map ooo...any scope you fit gimme to understand the map
Simply enter the destination on google map and use it as a guide. It (google map) is more efficient.
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 26, 2020
castro316:

Gentleman development occurs in stages. It does not occur overnight. Remember that Nigerians are certificate getters and not invention oriented. Any development is good as far as I am concerned. So far so good I think Lagos is the most focused on development I am innovator and man it's not easy to create new things plus our country is soaked in the blood of corruption. Forward ever. Join hands let's think of something achievable

So u wat to join hands & think of something achievable with sm1 the mommy is still feeding with feeding bottle! grin, Las las this life no balance at all grin
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 26, 2020
castro316:

All this things u said here is just to share the spotlight and stage with me, but I would kick u down flying so high that ur bush baby yansh would hit d ground so hard, since u failed to choose d respectable way of doing so! grin grin
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Gaggii: 6:36pm On Jul 26, 2020
EazyMoh:

Simply enter the destination on google map and use it as a guide. It (google map) is more efficient.

E don carry me enter close before

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Biggest Things Ever To Be Transported By Sea / Black Box From Crashed Ethiopian Airline Arrives Paris For Investigation(Pics) / List Of Nigerian Planes And Their Ages - Read This Before You Fly.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.