Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

What Is The Real History Of Lagos State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Real History Of Lagos State (316 Views)

See The Real History Of Nigeria / Omosede Igbinedion Congratulates Femi Otedola As "Next Governor Of Lagos" / Femi Otedola To Run For Governor Of Lagos State - LeadersNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Real History Of Lagos State by Minsk24: 5:20pm On Jul 24, 2020
Hello guys, I'm asking this question because I'm confused and not to spark a tribal war...
All my life, i have always believed Lagos to be owned by the Yoruba people... But lately on NL i have been seeing comments saying Lagos is owned by Awori People and That it was developed by the colonial masters as a sort of open place for everyone ( example USA)...
Other Questions include....

Did the Yoruba defeat the Aworis in war?
When did Yoruba migration and control of Lagos begin?
What Language is spoken by the Awori people?
Is their Standard of living comparable to the indigenous people of Northern Nigeria or Better?
Are The Properly represented in Politics?

Please lets Be civil in our comments... We can learn from each other..
One Love
Re: What Is The Real History Of Lagos State by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2020
Well, I think Tinubu will answer this question correctly.
Re: What Is The Real History Of Lagos State by illicit(m): 5:35pm On Jul 24, 2020
Lagos is a state.
There are cities and towns with different origins therein.
I presume u are actually referring to Lagos island/Isale Eko.
Re: What Is The Real History Of Lagos State by Minsk24: 5:37pm On Jul 24, 2020
illicit:
Lagos is a state.

There are cities and towns with different origins therein.

I presume u are actually referring to Lagos island/Isale Eko.

No
Re: What Is The Real History Of Lagos State by OVB123: 5:38pm On Jul 24, 2020
It was rule by different ethnic groups but it believed that the Binis and the Awori (sub-group) in yoruba owns the land.
Re: What Is The Real History Of Lagos State by illicit(m): 5:39pm On Jul 24, 2020
Minsk24:

No
haaa Lagos State was not an entity before it became a crown colony now
Re: What Is The Real History Of Lagos State by Minsk24: 6:42pm On Jul 24, 2020
OVB123:
It was rule by different ethnic groups but it believed that the Binis and the Awori (sub-group) in yoruba owns the land.

Thanks for your contribution, this means the Benin empire was very mighty.. Awori (sub-group) means they ve got yoruba heritage right? ...
Re: What Is The Real History Of Lagos State by OVB123: 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2020
Minsk24:

Thanks for your contribution, this means the Benin empire was very mighty.. Awori (sub-group) means they ve got yoruba heritage right? ...
Yes ooo! that is the truth.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Real History Of Lagos State by Christistruth00: 8:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
OVB123:

Awori own Lagos . Benin set up the Monarchy on Lagos Island.
Re: What Is The Real History Of Lagos State by lagdmark(m): 8:22pm On Jul 24, 2020
Scientific research shows that 50 million years ago Tinubu family bought lagos from the owners
Re: What Is The Real History Of Lagos State by OVB123: 9:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
Christistruth00:

Awori own Lagos . Benin set up the Monarchy on Lagos Island.
Ok, if that is fine by u
Re: What Is The Real History Of Lagos State by IamWonderful: 9:14pm On Jul 24, 2020
Minsk24:
Hello guys, I'm asking this question because I'm confused and not to spark a tribal war...
All my life, i have always believed Lagos to be owned by the Yoruba people... But lately on NL i have been seeing comments saying Lagos is owned by Awori People and That it was developed by the colonial masters as a sort of open place for everyone ( example USA)...
Other Questions include....

Did the Yoruba defeat the Aworis in war?
When did Yoruba migration and control of Lagos begin?
What Language is spoken by the Awori people?
Is their Standard of living comparable to the indigenous people of Northern Nigeria or Better?
Are The Properly represented in Politics?

Please lets Be civil in our comments... We can learn from each other..
One Love
What is Yoruba what is awori? dude they all children of same father

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lagos East : APC Chieftain, Kaoli Olusanya Joins Race For Senate Seat / No Amount Of Kneeling Will Save Oshiomhole, Say Deputy Governor Shaibu / Democracy Or Demoncrazy? # Letmypeoplego

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.