Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,235 members, 7,780,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:33 PM

I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. (4251 Views)

I Just Got The New Infinix Hot 10 (Unboxing Pictures) / I Finally Got The New Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 / Oukitel K6000 Plus For 21k On Jumia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by Jayjay2019(m): 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2020
Hello guys, i need your suggestions pretty quick. I ordered for an 8GB RAM Laptop on Jumia and today, the laptop was delivered. I opened it and discovered that it has only 4GB RAM instead of 8GB as was listed. I paid 162k for this laptop hoping it's 8GB RAM but ended up being 4GB RAM. If it's 4GB RAM that i earlier wanted, i would have patronized other sellers who sells for #120k to 140k. Guys, do you think i should return this laptop? I got it for Adobe premiere Pro and after effects. Can 4GB RAM run this things smoothly or even at all? What do you think PLS. Jumia disappointed me!!!
Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by CokeBar(f): 6:01pm On Jul 24, 2020
There's a 7 days return policy!

Call them and they'll tell you how to go about it

30 Likes

Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by luiginho2xl(m): 6:04pm On Jul 24, 2020
Is the RAM the only issue you have with it?
If it is, you can buy and fix another 4gb to make it 8gb.
But first, you'll need to communicate with Jumia or the seller about your observation get their feedback.

1 Like

Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by luiginho2xl(m): 6:05pm On Jul 24, 2020
CokeBar:

good idea
Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by edoairways: 6:18pm On Jul 24, 2020
luiginho2xl:
Is the RAM the only issue you have with it?
If it is, you can buy and fix another 4gb to make it 8gb.
But first, you'll need to communicate with Jumia or the seller about your observation get their feedback.
I noticed that my hp intel pentium is slow, what could be responsible?

1 Like

Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by luiginho2xl(m): 6:26pm On Jul 24, 2020
edoairways:

could be a lot of issues, ranging from you drive spaces been filled up to viruses. Check here:
https://www.ccleaner.com/news/blog/why-your-pc-is-so-slow-and-how-you-can-speed-it-up
Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by Edopesin: 6:30pm On Jul 24, 2020
Jayjay2019:
Hello guys, i need your suggestions pretty quick. I ordered for an 8GB RAM Laptop on Jumia and today, the laptop was delivered. I opened it and discovered that it has only 4GB RAM instead of 8GB as was listed. I paid 162k for this laptop hoping it's 8GB RAM but ended up being 4GB RAM. If it's 4GB RAM that i earlier wanted, i would have patronized other sellers who sells for #120k to 140k. Guys, do you think i should return this laptop? I got it for Adobe premiere Pro and after effects. Can 4GB RAM run this things smoothly or even at all? What do you think PLS. Jumia disappointed me!!!

You're still in the early days to return it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:30pm On Jul 24, 2020
return the wrong item ASAP...

5 Likes

Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by Donkelzy(m): 7:18pm On Jul 24, 2020
Jayjay2019:
Return it

2 Likes

Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by hardbody: 8:17pm On Jul 24, 2020
CokeBar:

Just go online to Jumia. You will find the steps to be taken to return unsatisfactory items
Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by OneKinGuy(m): 8:28pm On Jul 24, 2020
edoairways:

Pentuim is naturally slow. Adding more ram may help in multitasking but processing stuffs will still be slow.

1 Like

Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by KrazyDave16(m): 8:33pm On Jul 24, 2020
If I were you, I'll return the laptop.
Ignore anyone saying you should upgrade the RAM o, even if you have money to waste. Return it and look for another seller that'll give you what you wanted or better yet, go to a physical store n buy.

16 Likes

Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by Theevilone(m): 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2020
Why is a whole jumia doing this na , they deliver different thung from their samples.

Had this similar experience and didn't think twice before returning and deleting the app cos I will never have no bizz with them again, I wonder how people still patronize them .

1 Like

Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by Satan66(m): 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2020
Don't return it, sir.
Keep the laptop and let jumia enjoy your money since you day do giveaway

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by flokii: 9:16pm On Jul 24, 2020
I stopped online shopping in Nigeria cos of this same reason.. it can be really frustrating.
Is it that they don't check before packaging or they do it deliberately.

I'd advise you to call them, return the item and ask for refund. Next time go to stores or malls and check your specs yourself before making payment.

2 Likes

Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by CyberEBOLA(m): 9:33pm On Jul 24, 2020
Jayjay2019:
Father Xmas dont return it.You paid the price for 8GB and got 4GB instead, yet you are still asking us what to do??

5 Likes

Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by thesolutions(m): 9:38pm On Jul 24, 2020
Jumia is expensive now. This online shopping thing should not be done on what you can get next door. Just my thoughts though.
My phones prices are far cheaper than Jumia prices.

1 Like

Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by edoairways: 10:00pm On Jul 24, 2020
OneKinGuy:

Pentuim is naturally slow. Adding more ram may help in multitasking but processing stuffs will still be slow.
Which brand of laptop do think is fast?

1 Like

Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by Timi141: 10:27pm On Jul 24, 2020
Don't listen to the people giving you advice on how to upgrade your RAM, you spent your hard earned money on 8gb don't settle for 4gb.

Return it ASAP and disturb them for your money with all your strength unless they will keep your money for months.

8 Likes

Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by Collins4u1(m): 10:32pm On Jul 24, 2020
edoairways:

Because it's pentium nah
Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by Adewale1603(m): 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2020
edoairways:

because its an intel pentium its also under clocked processor speed, but you will enjoy the battery backup hours
Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by Bisshop123(f): 11:20pm On Jul 24, 2020
You should return the laptop.
You can contact the seller from the page we're you ordered the laptop or you simply contact their customer care service.

I have been using jumia for a long time now and I have never had any issues with my order.
But Pls incase of next time when u want to order you should look for verified purchases, where there is non check out for seller score, and rating Because this will help you to spot some people that are just trying to scam the innocent.

And when buying goods that are quite expensive you can also contact the seller via his sales page.

Well happy shopping. Or sorry happy return or returns or returning abeg anyone English go die...

2 Likes

Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by ArticleBeast: 4:45am On Jul 25, 2020
Jumia is just an online shopping platform, they don’t sell the products but the sellers (may even be on Nairaland) do. You can ask for a refund
Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by GodWrites: 7:08am On Jul 25, 2020
flokii:
I stopped online shopping in Nigeria cos of this same reason.. it can be really frustrating.
Is it that they don't check before packaging or they do it deliberately.

I'd advise you to call them, return the item and ask for refund. Next time go to stores or malls and check your specs yourself before making payment.

I hate coming across expressions like this. Mistakes like this happen often, foreign or local. The thing is, return if it isn't what you want.

I know how many times I've gotten the wrong product on AliExpress, Wish and Alibaba.

Mistakes happen dear!

1 Like

Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by sureteeboy(m): 7:30am On Jul 25, 2020
Jayjay2019:
You should just return that thing instantly.
Based on what you wrote here, I believe you don't really know much about system specs. Once you return the laptop, you should just request for full refund so you can take your time to go through system with quality specs that will perform the function you intend .
It takes more than RAM to run After Effects and Premiere Pro. You'll need a system with a powerful processor and Dedicated Graphics card. However, the recommended requirement for after effects 2020 is 32GB RAM, While the minimum requirement is 16GB and if you intend to use it for advanced editing, you'll only end up getting frustrated if your system doesn't come close to the minimum requirements

2 Likes

Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by Slickey: 7:52am On Jul 25, 2020
Nigerians are weird people. They have been beaten into submission by decades of misrule and societal autocracy so much that they are willing to forego a hurt/wrong inorder for them not to rock the boat.

You have been defrauded, but rather for you to ask for ways to seek redress, you are asking for ways to manage the product of your victimhood. What is wrong with some of you?

If you know anything about resource-hogging softwares, then you'd know that processor and GPU take precedence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by Salamiayobami01(m): 8:00am On Jul 25, 2020
Morning Pals
I own a laptop of 4gb ram and 500gb ROM operating under window 10, I made update on my window and since then start tripping off with caption like "UR SYSTEM RUNS INTO A PROBLEM AND IS RESTARTING" with blue background and then shutdown. Pls wat could be d problem and possible solution?
Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by OneKinGuy(m): 8:01am On Jul 25, 2020
edoairways:

Which brand of laptop do think is fast?
laptop with at least core I5 third Gen.
Re: I Got The Wrong Package On Jumia. by OneKinGuy(m): 8:03am On Jul 25, 2020
Salamiayobami01:
Morning Pals
I own a laptop of 4gb ram and 500gb ROM operating under window 10, I made update on my window and since then start tripping off with caption like "UR SYSTEM RUNS INTO A PROBLEM AND IS RESTARTING" with blue background and then shutdown. Pls wat could be d problem and possible solution?
There might be difftent solutions to it. Try Google sometimes like ' Bluescreen after windows 10 update'

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Reactivate My Glo Sim? / How Can I Root My Techno P5 / Bypass Samsung Account On All Samsung Galaxy 5.1.1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.