Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam (17928 Views)

Previous Company Sued Me To Court After I Got Another Job With A Company. / Orezone!? Gold Quest!?: The Sinister Plot Of Qnet. Job Scam In Burkina Faso / Should He Leave His New Job For Another Job Interview? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by Elbizzcklinz(m): 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2020
Jamieb:

Whether you are an employer or a job seeker, it doesn't change the fact your approach was attack-minded rather than making an inquiry .

Call it anything. You don't know what's happening. Where do you live?

Have you been to Lagos before?

Do you know how many that uses the title of HR and CEO to lure people into network marketing?

2 Likes

Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by ocheola01: 2:33pm On Aug 10, 2020
Elbizzcklinz:

Sorry to disappoint you. I'm not a job seeker like you. I'm an Employer.

Learn learn

If truly you are an employer, I pity anyone who works for you or does business with you. But deep down, I am fully sure you can't run a company. You simply don't have the right attitude to run a company. Who will patronize or do business with a psychopath like you?

If you think you did the right thing in the manner you approached that man or woman on a professional site like linkedin, then you are sicker than I thought.

We all understand the frustrations that come with attending a fake interview; especially in such a difficult moment like now. However, you have not been asked to part with a sum amount or told to market a product on commission, yet you are running to someone's page on linkedin to smear him or her with your dark preempted thoughts, in the process calling him a scammer. You need deliverance, I swear.

1 Like

Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by IIjulius(m): 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2020
I have been following all the comments and dislike of this trend. To make the point clear to all. I created this trend not to panic job seeker like me but to give them full details about this company. Though the company is kind of new which is why we can't get much details on Google.. even the information on Google map and thier website as at when I posted this trend was not helpful.

To my best of knowledge. I can fully say that the job position is real. Here are my reasons..

1. I chatted the CEO up on LinkedIn and we had a good conversation about the company. Though I might be a job seeker I have to apply some level of respect when dealing with my prospective company.. he made me see some Point which gives me more assurance

2. I created a WhatsApp group chat where we have few persons that have attended the assessment and now they are in the interview stage.. which is stage 2.

The mode at which Thia company works.. is on a high side with a good intentions. Well I didn't attend the assessment because I am far from Lagos.

I will keep this trend up to date once something good comes up for those in stage 2... Thank you all. And thank you Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by Codepain: 8:30am On Aug 11, 2020
IIjulius:
I have been following all the comments and dislike of this trend. To make the point clear to all. I created this trend not to panic job seeker like me but to give them full details about this company. Though the company is kind of new which is why we can't get much details on Google.. even the information on Google map and thier website as at when I posted this trend was not helpful.

To my best of knowledge. I can fully say that the job position is real. Here are my reasons..

1. I chatted the CEO up on LinkedIn and we had a good conversation about the company. Though I might be a job seeker I have to apply some level of respect when dealing with my prospective company.. he made me see some Point which gives me more assurance

2. I created a WhatsApp group chat where we have few persons that have attended the assessment and now they are in the interview stage.. which is stage 2.

The mode at which Thia company works.. is on a high side with a good intentions. Well I didn't attend the assessment because I am far from Lagos.

I will keep this trend up to date once something good comes up for those in stage 2... Thank you all. And thank you Nairaland
add me to that whatsapp group.
Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by dozinho: 2:39pm On Aug 11, 2020
Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by dikadavid801: 11:36pm On Aug 12, 2020
Are they collecting money from people. Why calling them scammers. Nobody has ever mentioned they collected money from them.

2 Likes

Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by NoIgboSoundTueh: 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2020
Codepain:

add me to that whatsapp group6
Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by Amyrapua: 12:49pm On Aug 15, 2020
Just finished with my accessment at xyples office in festac and its not scam.. Everything from the entrance is legit, and everything the other guy said is true too, from the security check on your Nysc and ID to the CBT test and off you go. So guys if you have an invite kindly honor your invitation.
Stan999:

Let me just break it down for you.

If you would use a public means of transportation, use okada and tell them to drop you off at Federal Housing Authority signboard. Use your google map and locate the place like it was stated in your mail and you should see a close. I was even directed by the security man of the close to the company gate cos I asked him if there was a company there, he said yes and pointed me in the right direction.

Identify with the security man at the gate of the building by showing your nysc and any national id. After which you wash hands and seat in a well spaced position that observes social distancing.

Seat and wait till your session is due to enter.

On entering, he would likely spend an hour addressing your set on dos and don'ts and would entertain questions also from you.

The questions would be set using 7 pages of Google forms and you would have to login to your email on the laptop you would be given to access the link. So my advice is be computer literate and also remember your email password cos a guy had difficulty login to his email during the onboarding process.

The questions are relatively cheap take it from me. It's below GMAT standard. Just be calm and smart in answering them. I finished in 30mins and you can do lesser.

When you are done, you should get a congratulatory message if you are successful cos the company uses an algorithm whereby the average of the scores of the people in a particular session is used as benchmark for pass or fail. So in essence, you guys are the determinants of your pass score. No standard was set by the company.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by hasaldebysh2006: 11:19am On Aug 18, 2020
Stan999:

If you would use a public means of transportation, use okada and tell them to drop you off at Federal Housing Authority signboard. Use your google map and locate the place like it was stated in your mail and you should see a close. I was even directed by the security man of the close to the company gate cos I asked him if there was a company there, he said yes and pointed me in the right direction.

Identify with the security man at the gate of the building by showing your nysc and any national id. After which you wash hands and seat in a well spaced position that observes social distancing.

On entering, he would likely spend an hour addressing your set on dos and don'ts and would entertain questions also from you.

The questions would be set using 7 pages of Google forms and you would have to login to your email on the laptop you would be given to access the link. So my advice is be computer literate and also remember your email password cos a guy had difficulty login to his email during the onboarding process.

The questions are relatively cheap take it from me. It's below GMAT standard. Just be calm and smart in answering them. I finished in 30mins and you can do lesser.

When you are done, you should get a congratulatory message if you are successful cos the company uses an algorithm whereby the average of the scores of the people in a particular session is used as benchmark for pass or fail. So in essence, you guys are the determinants of your pass score. No standard was set by the company.

All the best
Stan999:

All the best
why should I used my email password? I can not even remember my email password.
Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by LamiWilliams: 3:15pm On Aug 18, 2020
So, this is where the scam is! I've been wondering what they stood to gain from this obviously FAKE job alert

They want people's emails and passwords.

Incase you don't know, your email and password can be used to access your bank account, social media account, and other vital information on your phone. Protect your email by enabling 2-Factor Authentication.

Any tech company in the world would know better than to ask for the password for your email.

If you have recieved an email from these people, I would advice that you disregard and ignore. Please, report the "CEO" on LinkedIn here https://www.linkedin.com/in/tochukwuokonkwor. You can also report the company page https://www.linkedin.com/company/xyples

I'm sure this Stan999 guy is one of them. Otherwise, now would he know so much detail like how the scores of the people in a particular session would determine the benchmark score?

These scammers need to be brought to the book. The right authority will find you soon, I promise.

For job seekers, read this guide on how to spot fake job postings or call for interview: https://www./blog/identify-job-scams/

Use Google to find more tips. Finding a job can prove to be a daunting task in Nigeria. But don't be discouraged by these fake jobs ads. Do some research before applying to any job. Also, before going for an interview, make sure you confirm its authenticity on platforms like Nairaland. Good luck to all job seekers!

Stan999:

All the best

1 Like

Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by Stan999: 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2020
hasaldebysh2006:
why should I used my email password? I can not even remember my email password.

Just open a new Google email address and use it for the test day. On my own day, I used one of my less active emails to login. One of the guys having issues with logging to his mail during my session had to open a new mail to receive his test link and take his test.

Meanwhile, had my third interview with my employers and it wasn't successful as I was more of an adventurous individual than a seat-behind-screen type of staff as they called me.

Regardless it was worth the experience.

We move on.

1 Like

Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by centurionpapa(m): 5:11pm On Aug 18, 2020
Stan999:

Just open a new Google email address and use it for the test day. On my own day, I used one of my less active emails to login. One of the guys having issues with logging to his mail during my session had to open a new mail to receive his test link and take his test.

Meanwhile, had my third interview with my employers and it wasn't successful as I was more of an adventurous individual than a seat-behind-screen type of staff as they called me.

Regardless it was worth the experience.

We move on.
see the mail i just received
its confusing
i'm i moving to the next stage or not

Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by Stan999: 5:59pm On Aug 18, 2020
centurionpapa:

see the mail i just received
its confusing
i'm i moving to the next stage or not

Okay.
I think the issue here is that, some courses like data analytics, cloud engineering, project management need some sort of certification to help you progress.

For project management, you would need PMP. For cloud engineering, you should need AWS or Microsoft Azure.

In my case, I attached my IBM certificate in data science from Coursera, my previous recommendation and my git repository of projects I had worked on in the past. Since it's data science, attaching a certification from AWS, Microsoft or IBM should suffice. If you don't have, then maybe attach something from udemy or other cheaper sites.

I hope it helps.

1 Like

Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by centurionpapa(m): 6:12pm On Aug 18, 2020
Stan999:

Okay.
I think the issue here is that, some courses like data analytics, cloud engineering, project management need some sort of certification to help you progress.

For project management, you would need PMP. For cloud engineering, you should need AWS or Microsoft Azure.

In my case, I attached my IBM certificate in data science from Coursera, my previous recommendation and my git repository of projects I had worked on in the past. Since it's data science, attaching a certification from AWS, Microsoft or IBM should suffice. If you don't have, then maybe attach something from udemy or other cheaper sites.

I hope it helps.
it helps a lot thanks one more questions please
how much does Ibm certificate in data science cost you. and how fast can i get it?
i appreciate a lot
Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by Stan999: 7:42pm On Aug 18, 2020
centurionpapa:

it helps a lot thanks one more questions please
how much does Ibm certificate in data science cost you. and how fast can i get it?
i appreciate a lot

Okay.

I had to check again on edx to know exactly the new cost.
I think it's above $300 now and it contains 9 modules. A certificate comes after each module.

Asides the certification. It's actually rich in content.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by Jamieb(m): 7:06am On Aug 23, 2020
LamiWilliams:
So, this is where the scam is! I've been wondering what they stood to gain from this obviously FAKE job alert

They want people's emails and passwords.

Incase you don't know, your email and password can be used to access your bank account, social media account, and other vital information on your phone. Protect your email by enabling 2-Factor Authentication.

Any tech company in the world would know better than to ask for the password for your email.

If you have recieved an email from these people, I would advice that you disregard and ignore. Please, report the "CEO" on LinkedIn here https://www.linkedin.com/in/tochukwuokonkwor. You can also report the company page https://www.linkedin.com/company/xyples

I'm sure this Stan999 guy is one of them. Otherwise, now would he know so much detail like how the scores of the people in a particular session would determine the benchmark score?

These scammers need to be brought to the book. The right authority will find you soon, I promise.

For job seekers, read this guide on how to spot fake job postings or call for interview: https://www./blog/identify-job-scams/

Use Google to find more tips. Finding a job can prove to be a daunting task in Nigeria. But don't be discouraged by these fake jobs ads. Do some research before applying to any job. Also, before going for an interview, make sure you confirm its authenticity on platforms like Nairaland. Good luck to all job seekers!

The CEO's LinkedIn page no longer exist.

1 Like

Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by aieromon(m): 9:04am On Aug 23, 2020
The CEO's LinkedIn page and company website have a lot of red flags.

Apply caution.
Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by Codepain: 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2020
Jamieb:

The CEO's LinkedIn page no longer exist.
The page is existing
Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by Sam8850: 10:41am On Sep 21, 2020
No one came back to provide feedback on if they got a job from this company or the outcome of the various stages of the interviews.

What I want to ask is if the company recruits for other companies or for itself?

Because with all the test invites and interviews I expect someone to have been employed and have a LinkedIn profile update connected to the company. Unless they are employing for other companies, if so someone should tell us else I'd think no-one here had been successful in the interviews.
Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by Dtushgal: 1:12pm On Sep 21, 2020
I got an invite with the company for an interview tomorrow..
I'm conflicted with the response here
Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by Thanos(m): 9:18am On Sep 22, 2020
I'm at the location. Been here since 8 am. It is a residential area. No one has come to address us yet. We are all hanging around the street.
Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by Thanos(m): 9:51am On Sep 22, 2020
They are letting people into the building/house/test centre. If you applied for any previous positions and you were invited for the assessment test and you did not come for the test. Don't bother coming. You won't be allowed to enter the building let alone write the test.
Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by Thanos(m): 2:02pm On Sep 22, 2020
I just finished from there. It is legit. Key thing to note is all that every information you need is in their email. Read and digest every information in their mail and you're good to go.It is a residential area. I believe the company is a new tech firm that just got funding from a VC so they are literally just setting up shop in Nigeria hence the somewhat lack of organization on their part.

1 Like

Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by Sam8850: 12:11am On Sep 23, 2020
Thanks for sharing your feedback.
Please do let us know if you get the job or you get more information about the company as this will help put more light on this company.

Though I'm totally not convinced of the setting up shop because I have seen details about them on the Web with office in Ajah, Enugu or so, likewise no website for the company (really alarming for a tech firm).

In addition, their recruitment patterns are not so tailored for a tech firm, different job roles across none connecting industries. I can easily assume they are just a recruitment agency screening applicants, and if that is the case, then we'd also find out from successful applicants (till this time, no one on NL has come forth with such claims).

Thanos:
I just finished from there. It is legit. Key thing to note is all that every information you need is in their email. Read and digest every information in their mail and you're good to go.It is a residential area. I believe the company is a new tech firm that just got funding from a VC so they are literally just setting up shop in Nigeria hence the somewhat lack of organization on their part.

1 Like

Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by ashav: 7:21am On Oct 02, 2020
I also did assessment test with them last month, I have been invited for an online interview. I think they are trying to get a branch office here in Lagos, hence the recruitment. they are legit as far as I am concern. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by Sam8850: 9:49am On Oct 02, 2020
Please do come back to update us with the outcome of the online interview as I'm sure many people here are expecting to know the deal with this company.

ashav:
I also did assessment test with them last month, I have been invited for an online interview. I think they are trying to get a branch office here in Lagos, hence the recruitment. they are legit as far as I am concern. Thanks
Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by frankz28: 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2020
Has anyone gotten the job??
Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by Tetratunde: 8:35pm On Oct 19, 2020
This company still sent me a mail today. So I guess they are still in business
Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by Sam8850: 6:17am On Oct 20, 2020
A mail for another stage interview or job offer?

Tetratunde:
This company still sent me a mail today. So I guess they are still in business
Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by frankz28: 2:31pm On Oct 20, 2020
Postponed till after protest
Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by Wizdude(m): 8:54am On Oct 23, 2020
If anyone gets the job, do let us know.
Re: Is Xyples LLC Another Job Scam by morolakeakinrin: 8:11am On Nov 04, 2020
Got an invite this morning, but I'm sceptical after going through this thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Got A Job Today Through Nairaland / Apply For Naija Coke Summership Programme 2018 For Nigerians / Update On Firs Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.