Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,546,999 members, 5,863,751 topics. Date: Friday, 18 September 2020 at 02:16 PM

2 Hot To Handle - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 2 Hot To Handle (4423 Views)

5 Steps To Handle A Divorce / Five Ways To Handle Ladies Hitting On Your Man. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Hot To Handle by YTmami(f): 12:40am On Jul 25
Hello.

This would be my first attempt at writing a story so there might be some errors. Apologies
Re: 2 Hot To Handle by YTmami(f): 12:40am On Jul 25
Chapter 1
"Rise and shine!" Julianne was jolted awake by her friend Bunmi.They were childhood friends and have been roommates since they graduated from the university.
"It's a weekend,let go of me!!" Julianne said while struggling to get back the duvet from Bunmi
"Yeah it's a weekend but we've got to go gorcery shopping and I'm not taking no for an answer this time, I'm tired of eating flakes and junks" Bunmi retorted
"I'm tired of eating flakes and junks" Julianne imitated "ehn go alone then, if you're that tired"
"Julie,come on you need to go out,get some fresh air,fix your hair and general all round wellness cause girl I love you,but you're literally oozing some foul odour right now. When last did you have a shower?" Bunmi asked concerned
"Abeg free me... I had a deadline and-"
"And what?" Bunmi interrupted "You work from home so you have no excuse really, there's enough water for you. Now go take a shower, comb your hair and get dressed. You're going with me to the market whether you like it or not" bunmi concluded.
"Arrghhhh....bun bun.... please....spare me this time ,I'll go with you next weekend" Julianne pleaded.
"No you won't, calling me bun bun won't work this time around,you only call me that when you wanna goad me"
Julianne felt defeated and gave up on cajoling Bunmi. She reluctantly got out of bed, had a quick shower and grudgingly got dressed to go with Bunmi to the supermarket.
"Atta-girl,now don't you look lovely?" Bunmi beamed with smile
"Let's go before I change my mind" Julianne hissed,walking past her.

1 Like

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by YTmami(f): 12:42am On Jul 25
Chapter 2
The supermarket was a busy hubbub as usual, Julianne disliked the noise and the crowd,she always liked the bubble of comfort her house gave her and her job as a blogger gave her the perfect excuse to always stay indoor except on few occasions when it was necessary for her to go out.
"Earth to Julie" She heard Bunmi say "Snap out of your reverie and come help me hold some of these"
"Why didn't you just get a cart?" Julianne asked.
Bunmi rolled her eyes at the question "There was none available"
Julianne averted her gaze elsewhere, her eyes searching for an available cart. She spotted one at the far end of the supermarket and hurriedly charged towards it. The cart was empty except for a placard in it which she quickly threw aside,she gleefully pushed the cart while heading towards Bunmi
"Not so fast" a sonorous voice said behind her
"Excuse me?" Julie said, turning around.
"You heard me ma'am" The stranger responded.
Julianne hissed and kept walking
"It's rude to walk away while you're being spoken to"
"Try and stop me then" Julianne said,still walking.
Few seconds later the stranger was in front of her.
"Are you off your meds?" Julianne asked angrily
"No,are you?" The stranger responded with a deep chuckle
"This is amusing to you?!" Julianne screeched
"No, your venom is"
Julianne rolled her eyes at the response while making a move to get past the stranger
"Give me back the cart and I'll let you leave"
"Or what? The cart was empty last I checked so how does an empty cart belong to you?"
Julianne queried.
"It wasn't empty, there was a placard in it which you wasted no time in flinging out"
Julianne bit her lower lip at that comeback,he was right after all,but she was too stubborn to admit that.
"Placard doesn't count,now move away before I shove you aside like that placard" Julianne retorted.
"You're feisty aren't you? Well ma'am you're not leaving with that cart till you say please"
The stranger said with a determined look.
Julianne was having none of this, who does he think he is. She took a moment to study him,he had an interesting sweatshirt on with an army inscription on it. "Does he belong to the army?" Julianne thought to herself,he looked quite young, most likely in his late twenties and didn't seem to possess that hardness that comes with being in the military.
"What? you think your army sweatshirt would scare me........?" Julianne asked rhetorically.
He laughed at her response
"On the contrary, if a piece of clothing scares then you're not as feisty as I presumed you to be"
"Thankfully your opinion doesn't count" Julianne said with a comeback
He flashed a smile "You're hilarious, I haven't been amused like this in a while"
"Glad you're having fun now kindly move and let me leave" Julianne said looking around the supermarket for Bunmi
"First of all I'm not having fun, secondly you're free to leave, all you have to do is say please then you can be on your way" He gestured at the exit door.
"Look here Mr man,if you don't leave my front now I'll call security,I have no time for this rubbish" Julianne was starting to get pissed off
"Please do,I have all day" He said flatly
Julianne gestured at a security man and recounted her ordeal to him
"Madam I dey watch una two since, na this man get am true true, na for my side hin carry the thing"
"Is that all you have to say?" Julianne asked quietly. They were both right but she wasn't going to give up without a fight
"Yes ma,wetin you wan hear again? You for tell am please since make you dey go. You sef get time oo" he concluded "Boss you fit give am the thing,you no say na how women dey behave be that..."
"What is this, the patriarchy?" Julianne knew at this point she wasn't winning the altercation
"No, it's just simple manners" the stranger responded.
Julianne walked away angrily.
"You no want the cart again?" The security man called out from behind her.
she ignored him and walked swiftly away.
"Where's Bunmi anyway?" She pondered to herself.She blamed her for making her come along with her to the supermarket.
"There you are! I've been looking all over for you" Bunmi said hugging her from behind.
"Where were you?" Julianne inquired
"Just kidding. I noticed you talking to that gentleman over there and decided not to interrupt" Bunmi said with a wink
"Gentleman? Oh please. He's far from gentle" Julianne hissed
"Gee, you don't mean it, what did he do?"
Julianne narrated the encounter to Bunmi and she bursted out laughing
"What's funny?" Julianne asked with a frown
"Now that's a bummer,on the bright side he looks like a sweet talker anyway" Bunmi said conclusively
When they were done shopping she paid the cashier and they left the supermarket.
"Jeeeeeeez! I forgot to buy some matches, would you hold these while I quickly go in and get some?" Bunmi asked
"Alright" Julianne agreed
Bunmi handed the polethene bags to her and headed into the supermarket.
Julianne stared into space, thinking of a new content for her blog
"Do you need help with that?" A voice interrupted her thoughts. She looked up and it was the stranger from the supermarket
"Not you again! Are you stalking me?"
She asked bewildered
"Easy tigress. I was done shopping-"
"Ok so why are you in my face?" Julianne interrupted "did you miss your way?" She continued
"Are you always this hot headed?" He inquired with a frown
"Are you always this slow? Or you're just pretending to be?" She questioned.
"Now that's borderline offensive" He answered.
"How about you get out of my face with your fragile ego" Julianne retorted with a condescending smile.
He laughed.
"How about we get to know each other better?"
"Hard pass" she said looking at her wristwatch.
"I'm Richard. A cadet. Just completed my four years training at the Nigerian defence Academy and very soon I would be proceeding to the Nigerian Air Force ( NAF ) Flying Training School,
in Kaduna, for my primary professional Air Force training." He narrated.
"I didn't ask you for your history"
"I know, but I wanna know your history if you let me" He responded.
Julianne rolled her eyes "Nice try"
"I'm not even trying" He said with a smile.
Julianne was exasperated. He was thoroughly enjoying this and she could tell from the look on his face.
She thought of a sassy reply for him, but couldn't come up with one quickly
"Hmmm mmm" she heard bunmi clearing her throat from behind "Julianne, sorry to interrupt........." She turned towards Richard and said "Hi,,you don't look familiar. You are?"
"Your friend's new friend if she'll let me" Richard said with a smile
"Smooth talker huh?" Bunmi asked rhetorically
"On the contrary, I'll excuse myself now, enjoy the rest of your weekend ladies"
He gave a hand gesture and walked away.
"He gave up so fast, did I scare him off?"
Bunmi asked nudging Julianne
"Nah,he scared himself off" Julianne said sarcastically. "Can we go home now?" She asked pleadingly
"No, we still have one more stop"
Julianne's face went from pleading to displeased
"I'm kidding, lazybones" bunmi chuckled . They each held a grocery bag and hailed a cab home

2 Likes

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by YTmami(f): 12:52am On Jul 25
Chapter 3 Richard
Richard sat in his car watching Julianne and Bunmi get into a cab, there was something about Julianne that intrigued him, he liked his women bold and spirited,but that wasn't it. This girl from the supermarket awoke something in him.
She had this fire and he was going to quench that.
He started his car engine and followed the cab carefully.
Twenty minutes later he watched Julianne and Bunmi alight from the cab and etched their address into his memory. When both girls were out of sight,he drove off, making a mental note to return the next day.
He set an alarm when he got home so he would be reminded of his new commitment.
The next day which was a sunday came quickly and he got dressed swiftly and drove off.
He parked somewhere safe where he wouldn't be spotted by Julianne or Bunmi.
He stared at their house for a few hours and he saw residents troop in and out,but he didn't see Julianne nor Bunmi
"Had he gotten the wrong address" He thought to himself. He wasn't one to give up easily so he would wait a little longer.
He was starting to fall asleep when the hysterical laughter of two girls jolted him up. It was Julianne and Bunmi
He wiped his eyes with his hand pleased with himself he hadn't given up.
He held back the urge to call out Julianne's name and rather stared at them, watching their next move. He saw them walking down the street and followed slowly with his car.
Few minutes later both girls crossed the road and entered into a gym centre.
Richard parked and thought of what to do.
First, he doesn't have a gym membership so he couldn't just waltz in and secondly he wasn't dressed in gym clothing.
He had to come up with something fast cause this was his chance to talk to Julianne again and this time around he was going to bedazzle her.
He was going to have to make do with what he has. He pulled off his long-sleeve shirt, leaving only his white teeshirt and trouser.
He alighted from his car and went in the direction of the gym.
Few minutes later he was talking to a female gym attendant about how he was new to town and needed somewhere to stretch his muscles for a couple of hours.
The attendant mumbled something about policy to him ,but he wasn't paying attention. He was looking around for Julianne.
"Come again?" He muttered to the attendant.
"It's against our policy to let you in without a membership card,but I could let this one slide on one condition" she said with a wink.
"What would that be?" Richard asked with a forced smile.
"See me before you leave,I have something for you" she replied sweetly.
She was flirting with him.
He looked at her carefully,
She was curvy in the right places,but Julianne was his target.
"Alright, I'll see you before I leave" He lied.
She was pleased at his response.
"Enjoy your stay" she said.
Richard spotted Julianne some seconds later and Walked towards her.
"If I didn't know any better I'd say you were stalking me" Richard said faking a surprised look.
Julianne looked at him narrowly with a perplexed look on her face
"You again?" She asked bemused
"Yes, me again. And once again I'm Richard"
"Save the intro for the next girl, I'm not interested in your buffoonery today, now skedaddle"
Richard tittered lightly.
"Would you be interested in my buffoonery tomorrow?" He asked
Julianne was flabbergasted
"You need to see a shrink" Julianne said shaking her head.
"Would you like to be my shrink?" He asked , feigning seriousness.
"Is your head filled with sawdust?
First of all I can't begin to decipher how you got to this gym-"
"I walked in same as you" He said, interrupting her.
"No, I thought you flew in" she said with sarcasm. "If you don't leave I'm calling security"
She continued.
"Call security, but we both know how that worked out for you the last time" He reminded with a smirk.
Julianne was infuriated and he saw that.
He wasn't going to win her over this way.
He quickly thought of a new tactic.
"I'm sorry. Didn't mean to upset you, guess I took my antics too far and I apologize. Can we start over ? Forget the whole supermarket episode" He said in a soothing voice
Julianne looked at him carefully. She wasn't sure she wanted him as a friend .
"I'm sorry once again" she heard him say
"It's fine...." She responded.
"Julianne. Can I call you Julie?" He asked
"How do you know my name?" She asked puzzled
"I heard your friend call your name at the supermarket"
"Oh...right" she affirmed.
"So Julie, glad we're on the same page now"
He flashed a smile
"Only my friends are allowed to call me Julie, and you aren't one yet so you don't get to call me that till I affirm you're my friend. For now you're under scrutiny" Julianne said
"Alright how about I prove myself to you. Let's hangout later today." He suggested
"Um I can't, I've got this thing-"
"Hang with me, don't ponder too much on it.
It would be worth it ,I promise" He said giving her his best pleading look
"Okay...fine." She agreed.
"Thanksss" He was elated and it was apparent.
He got her phone number and dialed it.
"Should I come pick you up later today?" Richard asked enthusiastically
"No ,I'll find my way" Julianne said
"I'll see you then, have to be on my way now. Would give you a call" He said looking at the wall clock at the entrance of the gym.
"Who wears office trousers to the gym anyway?" Julianne asked scrutinizing his outfit.
"Me, apparently I don't follow conventional rules" He said with a wink.
"Comical" Julianne said dryly.
Seconds later he bade her farewell and walked out of the gym feeling ecstatic with himself.
He evaded the gym attendant that had asked him to see her before leaving.
Julianne was his target and he wasn't going to let her jeopardize his chances.
He quickly looked back to be sure he wasn't being followed by Julianne.
He had parked somewhere on her street and he would have a hard time explaining why his car was parked on her street.
He increased his pace, walking as fast as he could till he got to his car and drove off.
On his way home he thought of the ways he was going to make Julianne his.
He smiled, pleased with himself.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by Odoogu(m): 11:45am On Jul 25
every kind have their pros and cons. it's how you react that maters most. nice one op. I hope this encourages you.

1 Like

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by YTmami(f): 12:08pm On Jul 25
Odoogu:
every kind have their pros and cons.
it's how you react that maters most.
nice one op.
I hope this encourages you.
Thank you
Re: 2 Hot To Handle by Lakesc(m): 5:30pm On Jul 25
The title is very captivating... U are doing great op

1 Like

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by Gheeohh: 9:02pm On Jul 25
Interesting story!

1 Like

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by YTmami(f): 10:21pm On Jul 25
Chapter 4
The vibration from Julianne's phone jerked her awake.She absent-mindedly searched for her phone on the bed, found it and picked up.
"Hello....."she answered, still half asleep.
"It's Richard, how are you doing?"
"Who?" She asked with an husky voice
"The guy from the gym earlier today, don't tell me you've forgotten our date for this afternoon?" He asked sounding disappointed
" Hangout you mean? It's not a date" She said rubbing her eyes
"Hangout yeah" he sniggered "you sound tired, can you still make it here or you need me to come pick you up?" He inquired
"I fell asleep. By the way where's 'here'?" She had completely forgotten the hangout
"Wherever you want" Richard answered
"I'd like to remain on my bed and go back to sleep" Julianne responded
He laughed throatily
"Well,you made a commitment so there's no backing out now" he said enthusiastically
"You're zealous aren't you?" She said arching her brow
"That I am" he affirmed. "I sent you the address via text message...did you receive it?"
She unlocked her phone and opened the new message
"La campagne tropicana?" she read out.
"Affirmative. I promise you'd like the ambiance" he said eagerly.
"We'll see about that" Julianne said getting out of bed.
"See you soon" Richard concluded
Julianne rummaged through her clothes, searching for a casual outfit to wear. She opted for a simple gown and heels,
she wasn't there to impress him after all,
but she didn't want to look tacky either.
She was ready minutes later and beckoned on Bunmi
"Going somewhere?" Bunmi asked with a smile
"Yea, wanna meet up with the guy from the supermarket, I'll be back shortly"
"There you go again with one of your jokes. You got me" Bunmi said with a little laughter
"It's not a joke bun bun....." Julianne said with seriousness
"Wow... amazing. Colour me surprised. One minute you hate him,next minute you going on a date with him" Bunmi giggled
"It's not a date...." Julianne insisted
"You keep telling yourself that" Bunmi teased "have fun though and be safe....or do I need to have the address you're heading to for security reasons?"
"I'll be sure to text it to you" Julianne said hugging her "I'll be back in a minute"
"A minute indeed" Bunmi joked and they both laughed. Few minutes later Julianne was out the door.
An hour later Julianne was standing in front of la campagne tropicana, she dialed Richard's number and it came back with a busy response.
She tried few more times and it came back with a busy signal each time.
She loathed being kept waiting, especially in unfamiliar places.
She fidgeted with her phone, pacing round with impatience.
"Hello, you look apprehensive , do you need help with something?" a concerned passer-by asked her
"No, I'm fine thank you, just waiting for someone"
"African time folks right? If you want somewhere to sit and wait I could show you a place" The passer-by suggested
"Appears so. Thanks for the kind offer, I'll just wait here for a few minutes and leave if I'm not able to reach the person" she checked her time and redialed the number one last time
"Hello" Richard answered from the other end, sounding excited "are you there?"
"I won't be if I don't see you in the next few minutes, I don't have all day" she said with a snap
"Oh, you're outside? I'll be with you in a moment" he was apologetic ,but he definitely wasn't expecting the punctuality from her. How wrong he was.
Minutes later they were seated in the chalet,
Food and drinks were ordered and Julianne insisted on footing the bills
"Miss independent uh-huh" Richard gibed
Julianne cleared her throat and gave no response
"I like" he said, winking at her
"Well, I like to come prepared" she said sipping her drink
"Interesting. Do you go kayaking?" He asked
"No, I really wasn't expecting this lovely view either" she gazed round, relishing the serene ambiance the resort offered
"I'm glad you like the atmosphere.
Kayaking is actually an easy sport for any beginner to learn. it's simple to pick up.Within a few hours you'll be paddling happily" Richard explained
"You forgot to add "beach resort" to the memo, I'm not appropriately dressed for the occasion"
She quipped, pointing at her heels.
"You could take it off. It's a beach after all. You should try something new" he urged
"Um...nope" she said shaking her head
"Alright let's make it easier. How about horse riding?" Richard urged on
"How about we talk about you" Julianne remarked
"Sorry, i got carried away. Like I mentioned previously, I'm a cadet. Just completed my four years training at the Nigerian defence Academy and I would be proceeding to the Nigerian Air Force ( NAF ) Flying Training School in Kaduna, in a week's time." He said
"You belong to the airforce then. That explains the sweater you had on at the supermarket" Julianne recalled
"Yeah, I came home to see momma, she missed her son too much"
"That's sweet, she would miss you again when you leave" Julianne said with a slight smile
"Would you?" He asked arching a brow
"Would I what?" She said looking up from her drink
"Miss me" he smirked
"You're hilarious" she laughed, almost choking on her drink
"Take it easy, that funny huh?" He handed her a serviette to wipe her nose
"Yes, it's that funny" she said reaching for another serviette to wipe her mouth
"You just wiped the lie off your mouth" he taunted. She playfully threw a straw at him, laughing at his antics.
"Now let's talk about you, Julianne" Richard said, sitting uprightly.
They spoke for hours, learning about one another
"Would you like to see the sea?" Richard asked after some time
"Sure" are agreed. He took her hand and they walked hand in hand to the sea front
"It's beautiful" Julianne said staring at the water
"Not as beautiful as you" Richard said looking at her
"That's a very corny, overused line" she responded. He chortled at her comeback
"Doesn't make it less true" he said giddily.
Julianne watched the tide flowing away from the sea.
The serinity of the beach and the gentle wave of the ocean soothed her. She could stare at it for hours. A nudge on her elbow jeered her back to reality.
"What's it? You looked like you were lost in thought for a minute there" Richard inquired
"Nothing, just basking in the tranquility of the ocean" she said with her gaze still fixed on the water
"Well, there are more beaches to explore , we have one week to do that" he said In his usual sonorous voice
"That's nice, but my blog won't run itself" she quipped
"You don't blog all day, do you?" He asked
"My time's occupied still" she said
"An hour of your time won't be too much to ask would it?"
"It's asking for too much actually" the tide flowed towards their direction and Julianne retracted backward. She missed a step and landed on her buttocks,
she bursted out laughing while Richard helped her up.
"Even the universe doesn't agree with you that an hour is a lot to ask" he teased
"Tell the universe I'll have to ponder on that, meanwhile it's time to leave" she glanced at her wristwatch, she had spent more hours than she intended.
"I'll drop you off" Richard said rummaging his pockets for his Car key
"I'll find my way , thanks. Wouldn't want to bother you"
"I promise it's not a bother" Richard encouraged.
She shaked her head, refusing his offer.
He walked her to the roadside and she hailed a cab. He bade her farewell and walked to his car.
On his way home Richard figured she might be sceptical about letting him know her address by dropping her off.
She was oblivious of the fact that he knew her address already, after stalking her home.
Thankfully she would never find out.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by YTmami(f): 10:25pm On Jul 25
Gheeohh:
Interesting story!
thank you
Re: 2 Hot To Handle by YTmami(f): 10:26pm On Jul 25
Lakesc:
The title is very captivating... U are doing great op
Thanks, appreciated
Re: 2 Hot To Handle by Lakesc(m): 6:44am On Jul 26
This is beautiful op...

1 Like

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by Odoogu(m): 8:42am On Jul 26
a wise man once said, of she's amazing, she won't be easy!

1 Like

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by YTmami(f): 9:05pm On Jul 26
Chapter 5
The next one week went by quickly.
They explored some beaches in Lagos, giving Julianne new ideas to write about on her blog.
They visited Eleko beach first, which is not too far from La campagne tropicana. Eleko Beach is not as rowdy or congested as other Lagos beaches and it was perfect for quiet time for
self reflection and relaxation.
Next they visited the most frequented and well known beach in Lagos. Elegushi beach. The beach is well known to be the go-to fun place for recreational activities.
The suntan beach was her favourite, she enjoyed the serene atmosphere and the gentle cooling effect of the ocean breeze.
She saw a different side of Lagos that was new to her and was glad for the experience
Bunmi had teased her all week
"Hard girl, hard girl, now look at you smiling. Are you still in denial it's 'hangout' and not a date?" She had asked her
"We're just hanging out, besides I'm garnering knowledge too" Julianne had said
"Oh 'garnering' knowledge is your new cover up now huh" Bunmi snickered
"Shush" Julianne threw a pillow at her in defense
Deep down Bunmi was right, but she didn't want to admit that to herself.
She couldn't let herself believe and let her guard down.
She wasn't one to date, she has always been too focused on her career and She had the mindset men and dating were distractions she couldn't handle.
"You should go out more" her mum and friends had said to her too many times, that now it was like music to her ears.
She never did listen to them, but it was pleasant going out with Richard.
He striked her as a very versed, intelligent man full of knowledge, he always has something to say each time she brings up a complex topic.
The night before he travelled to Kaduna, he had insisted on dropping her off at home and she had vehemently refused, she found it slightly weird he was being overly persistent about it, but she didn't think much of it.
He had wanted her to accompany him to the airport the next day
"Won't your mum be there?" She questioned
"She would be, good opportunity to introduce her to her in-law" he said sarcastically
"You got jokes, have a safe flight tomorrow" she had hunged up almost immediately so he wouldn't try to convince her to change her mind.
She had resisted the urge to call him hours after his flight
"I'll just ask if he landed safely, no big deal in that" she told herself.
She dialed the number and it was busy, she bit her lower lip.
"He's probably talking to his mother" she tried to convince herself.
She took a leisure stroll outside, stopping to buy roasted corn and coconut at the junction.
The coconut gave her a flashback of the coconut beach she had visited the week before, her thoughts roamed to the coconut trees that surrounded the beach, reminding her of Richard likewise. They had gone there together after all.
She pushed the thoughts aside and briskly walked home.
She was about to open the door when she realized she had left her key inside.
She gritted her teeth in exasperation.
She would have to wait for Bunmi to get back from work.
She called Bunmi quickly, informing her of her ordeal, she was sympathetic and asked her to wait somewhere for her, promising to return on time .
Julianne stood at the door side, fiddling with her phone.
Her next door neighbour Aisha called out her name excitedly.
"Julie! nawa oh. We only see you once a blue moon, you're always indoor, hope you're fine? bawoni? why do you look worried? I'm happy to see you" she said without pause, she beamed with friendliness while she spoke
"I'm well , adupe oh. Happy to see you too . Locked my key inside,don't mind me" Julianne explained
"Sorry about that, do you wanna come in with me? Till Bunmi gets back" Aisha offered
"Aww thank you. You sure you don't mind?" Julianne asked
"Don't be a stranger, of course I don't mind" Aisha smiled , her eyes crinkling with honesty.
She ushered her in and offered her something to drink ,which Julianne politely declined, then she remembered she had corn to eat and requested for water which Aisha obliged to.
"Come and join me" Julianne extended Aisha the corn
"I prefer the boiled ones. The roasted corn fan is inside, Andrew come out oh, your favourite corn's here!" She exclaimed with delight
A tall attractive male appeared from the room.
He looked like a male version of Aisha.
When they first met Julianne had wondered about the contrast of names and Andrew had explained to her their mum's a christian and their dad a muslim. Andrew was named by their mum, while Aisha was named by their dad.
"Fascinating" Julianne had stated in awe and Andrew had agreed with her.
"Long time no see"
Andrew smiled showing his dimples
"I should be telling you that, didn't know you're back from your youth service" Julianne commented
"Got back few days back, and I presume you weren't home. Hope work isn't tedious? " He inquired
"No it's not. And you could have knocked on my door to say hello" she added
"I actually did, Bunmi said you weren't home, hence my aforementioned presumption" he commented
"Oh, Bunmi didn't mention that, must have skipped her mind" Julianne extended the corns to him
"Good to see you though" he said picking up one of the corns
"You too" Julianne replied smiling
"I've been following your blog, interesting beach reviews you've got going on" he complimented
"Thanks, I'm surprised you still follow up though"
Julianne said chewing a coconut
"Why not? What's not to like. You're articulate and prolific and I find you captivating-i mean your work, your writing...." he looked flustered, there was an awkward silence afterwards and Aisha cleared her throat.
Julianne finally broke the silence
"I'll just go check if Bunmi is back, thanks for having me y'all." She stood up to leave
"Let me see you off" Andrew offered
"No, nevermind. Thank you"
Aisha saw her to the door and gave her a curious wink.
Bunmi got back few minutes later, apologising for being a little late.
"Sorry, traffic was terrible, have you been standing out here all the while?"
"No. Was in Aisha's apartment. Saw Andrew too"
Julianne replied
"Are you serious? I'm shocked" she said with her mouth agape. "That should be like the first time you'll be entering their apartment" she continued
"Yes, by the way you forgot to mention Andrew asked after me" Julianne said
"Oh, sorry. I forgot to tell you. Yes he came knocking" Bunmi responded
"Figures. What's that in your nylon, hope it's something to eat? open the door let's go in " Julianne stated
"Ye ye" Bunmi grinned and opened the door to their apartment.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by YTmami(f): 1:54pm On Jul 28
Chapter 6
Days passed and Julianne never got a call from Richard. She hadtried calling him several times, but it was unreachable.."what could be wrong?!" She thought to herself consecutively. She couldn't help but wonder if all was well with him.
Bunmi had noticed she was being a little aloof and showed concern, but Julianne evaded the topic each time.
"Guess you'll tell me at your own time" Bunmi had said with a sigh.
Julianne and Bunmi were making dinner in the kitchen one day when her phone rang. It was Richard,she anxiously picked up
"Hello!" She screeched,trying not to sound too excited,but failed a bit.
"Hello there...sorry I've been AWOL. Here's been pretty intense. How are you doing?" His deep voice resonated in her ear.
"I'm fine, thank you. Sorry about that, was wondering if you're good-not like I was thinking about you..was just a tad worried. You get the point" she tried to sound casual, but was unsuccessful.
"awww, she cares" he laughed
"Don't flatter yourself, Mr" she adamantly refuted
"Well, I'm glad to finally be talking to you again, but I've got to go now. Would talk to you tomorrow, remain awesome and have a good night rest"
He Said
"Ok, you too" she concluded
She smiled to herself, although it was a short conversation she was thankful he was all right.
"Hmmm mmmmmmm" Bunmi dragged "Richard I presume?" She questioned
"Yes, it was" Julianne said
"Wow!! he's the reason you've been sulking?" Bunmi said trying to sound surprised
"No, wasn't sulking jo...." Julianne retorted
"Even your voice failed you" Bunmi said giving her a nudge
"Ok, fine. He had me worried a bit. Which is normal cause he had a flight and it was only natural I get worried you know, when I don't hear from him that he has landed safely" Julianne explained
"Wasn't his number busy initially? Like you told me. So obviously he was with his phone?" Bunmi said sceptically
"True..would have asked him about that but he had to go"
She felt a twinge on her arm as Bunmi pinched her
"Ouch!" Julianne cried out in pain
"Wanted to be sure you were still the same person" Bunmi said giving her a perplexed look
"Of course I'm still the same person, what's wrong?" Julianne asked bewildered
"I think you're liking him" Bunmi stated
Julianne's face took on a hue
"I do not" she denied, blantantly refusing to admit the truth to herself
"So what was that simpering look on your face when he called?" Bunmi teased
"I wasn't simpering, come on" she laughed "stop it jo" she continued
"No wahala, sha be cautious" she concluded
"Ok,mummy" Julianne teased nudging her on the shoulder
As promised , Richard called the day after and this time around they spoke for many minutes.
They talked about his experiences so far at the NAF, their conversation was smooth, and they were in synch.
By the time the phone conversation ended , Julianne was simpering and this time around she admitted it to herself.
She heard a knock on the door and got up to open it. It was Andrew, Aisha's twin brother.
"Andy! what's good..? come in" she ushered him into her apartment
He gave her a smile
"I just thought to come say hi to you, maybe keep you company for a while" Andrew said
"That's nice, happy to have you. Want something to drink?" He nodded and she went into the kitchen to get him a drink, she was back within seconds and handed it to him.
"Thank you, you seem extra cheerful, what's the good news?" Andrew asked
"Extra cheerful?" She gave him a bemused look
"Yeah" Andrew answered
Was she that obvious? She wondered to herself.
Richard was the reason for her cheerfulness, but she wouldn't admit that
"Nothing new... guess it's just one of those days. I could really use a good movie right now though. Want to check one out with me?"
Julianne asked
Andrew looked please
"Sure, of course" he was receptive to the idea. They opted for a movie titled "Someone great"
They chatted while seeing the movie, while slurping drinks and munching on chin chin Julianne had brought out at some point.
They were done in two hours and Bunmi got back from work soon afterwards
"You people are enjoying oh" she said looking round
"Come join us, hey" Julianne invited
"No, I'm really exhausted from work. Y'all enjoy" she winked at them and went into her room
Andrew left a while later, thanking Julianne for a fun time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by Ayanfe29(f): 3:41pm On Jul 28
Well done OP, you are doing well.

1 Like

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by Odoogu(m): 5:39am On Jul 29
hope distance won't trip Julianne from Richard to Andrew?
Re: 2 Hot To Handle by YTmami(f): 8:05am On Jul 29
Odoogu:
hope distance won't trip Julianne from Richard to Andrew?
We would find out grin

1 Like

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by YTmami(f): 8:05am On Jul 29
Ayanfe29:
Well done OP, you are doing well.
Thanks loads

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by YTmami(f): 1:08pm On Jul 29
Chapter 7 Andrew
He left Julianne's apartment elated. He has liked her since she first moved in bustling with optimism and enthusiasm, eager to start her independent life.
He had approached her immediately , introducing himself as her neighbour.
"Nice to meet you" she had responded "I'm Julianne, Julianne Temidire" she smiled softly, beguiling him.
They've been friends ever since, but he wanted more from her.
Now that he was done with NYSC he wanted to ask her out properly. He would be starting work in a week, but he knew he wouldn't be too busy for her.
She had looked extra cheerful when she saw him today, and he had hoped she would say he was the reason for her cheerfulness, but she didn't. Was she shy!? He pondered to himself.
His sister Aisha had encouraged him to express his feelings to her few times, but he needed a good moment to do that.
Today had seemed like the perfect moment,
seeing a ROM-COM movie, stealing glances to look at her when she was focused on the movie, he had wanted to tell her he wanted more than just platonic friendship,but the words just wouldn't form in his mouth.
"Told her already?" Aisha asked when he got to inside
"It wasn't a good time" He answered.
She rolled her eyes at him
"There's never going to be a 'good' time, you know" She told him. She was right and he was going to have to tell Julianne sooner.
He nodded in agreement to her statement and decided to waste no more time. He walked back to Julianne's apartment and knocked abruptly on the door, like a man on a mission that he is.
Bunmi answered the door.
"Forgot something?" She asked
"No, I didn't. I want to talk to Julianne. Please, if you don't mind letting me in or calling her out if it's a bad time" he responded
She grinned at him, nudging his elbow
"That was a sarcastic question, gee, but you're right about the bad timing part. She's currently asleep"
"Oops..." Disappointment was conspicuous on his face
"Is it important? Could pass on the message to her? Or wake her if it's urgent, that is" Bunmi suggested
"No, don't wake her, it can wait" He said to her
"All right then" she answered "you sure you're ok with that? Cause you look rather perturbed" she continued
"That's my default look" He said with a smile
Bunmi's laughter echoed round the front yard.
"Very surprised you could crack a joke" Bunmi said folding her arms.
"Very surprised you laughed at the joke" Andrew said
"Touche. Why are surprised though?" Bunmi asked
"Don't take this the wrong way,but you could be uptight" Andrew stated
"Huh? I'm not uptight...I'm frigging loose- I mean fun, my friends would tell you that" Bunmi said
"Your friends lied" He answered
She gritted her teeth making him laugh
"I'm obviously kidding, now you see why you're uptight?" He asked rhetorically
She looked away petulantly , making him laugh some more.
"And you rejected Julianne's movie offer today, but that could change. Let's all see one tomorrow evening. You, Julianne and I. Sounds good?" Andrew asked
Bunmi smiled and accepted
"Deal. I'll tell Julie" she said
"See you tomorrow then" He winked at her and went back to his apartment.
The next evening he went back to their apartment ,but Julianne wasn't present
"She went out quickly" Bunmi said,but she would be back soon.
He was disappointed, but he didn't let it show.
Bunmi chose a movie and she was very chatty with him while the movie was going on.
He responded likewise, she laughed at his jokes,
even the ones he didn't think were funny.
He noticed things about her he hadn't paid attention to before.
She was refined, a great conversationist and sublimely attractive in looks.
By the time the movie was over Julianne had not yet returned, but he didn't ask Bunmi about it.
"Thanks for a good time" He told her, while getting up
"Leaving already? Thought you wanted to see Julianne about something.. She texted me she hit a snag on the way,but she would be back soon" Bunmi said to him
"Oh, is she all right?" He asked
"Yes, she is, just a quick detour somewhere"
Bunmi explained
"Ok, thanks again. I'll see you later and you're officially cleared off the uptight list" he joked
"Duh, I was never on the list" she said sweetly.
He laughed and nodded, telling her goodnight.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by Odoogu(m): 1:15pm On Jul 29
YTmami:
We would find out grin
alright. keeping our fingers crossed
thanks all the same. its a great piece of literature

1 Like

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by Odoogu(m): 2:50pm On Jul 29
maybe a win win situation for everyone. isn't Bunmi seeing someone already? grin
Re: 2 Hot To Handle by YTmami(f): 4:03pm On Jul 29
Odoogu:
maybe a win win situation for everyone.
isn't Bunmi seeing someone already? grin
No, she's not cheesy
Re: 2 Hot To Handle by Lakesc(m): 7:24pm On Jul 29
Thanks for the update... Since Andrew and Bunmi are both single, he should try asking her out instead of julianne just to avoid story that touch later...

1 Like

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by YTmami(f): 4:39pm On Jul 30
Chapter 8
"Good day MS, you have a package" a delivery man standing at the door told Julianne
"Package? I'm not expecting any. You sure it's the right address?" Julianne asked looking confused
"Yes, I'm sure, your name, address and telephone number is here" He responded
"Ok thank you." She accepted the package from him, he wished her a nice day and briskly walked away. She closed the door behind him while opening the package with curiosity.
It was a red rose bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates
"Huh?" she thought to herself. She was more bemused than ever now.
She had never received flowers before.
It felt like something from a foreign movie.
She noticed a small card in the bouquet with a note that read "I choose you.."
"Who could have sent this?" Only one name came to mind-Richard, but she needed to be certain it was him.
She picked up her phone and dialed his number.
"Hello babe" He answered
"Hey there..you really know how to flabbergast a girl huh?" she said with muffled laughter.
"Pardon? How's that?" He asked
"I got the rose bouquet" she answered
"Rose bouquet? Hmmm" he chuckled
"So would you come clean or nah?" She was trying to urge to confess to it
"Well. I sent no bouquet. Do Nigerian girls like that?" He was still laughing
"I wouldn't know" she answered
"Was there ever any bouquet or is this just an excuse to talk to me on the phone?" He asked teasingly
"Ballsy and cocky, not a good combo" she relaxed her head on a pillow.
If Richard hadn't sent it, who did. She let her mind wander off for a few seconds. Richard said some things she couldn't decipher.
"Are you there?" He asked, bringing her back to reality.
"Yeah, sorry. Got distracted. How's Kaduna?" She asked
"Incomplete without you" he answered
"You were fine before meeting me" she rolled from one end of the bed to the other end
"Well, I didn't know what I was missing till I met you" Richard replied.
"Oh, really?" Julianne smiled, beside herself.
"Yes really. I'll talk to you later. Duty calls. Be safe, babe"
They weren't officially dating yet so she didn't want to get carried away.
She stared at the box of chocolate laying on her bed. The one that was delivered to her earlier on. She opened the box and like the bouquet there was a card in it too.
The card read "Chocolates are sweet, but you're sweeter!"
She chuckled to herself
She closed the box and opened her laptop to update her blog.
Hours later, Bunmi got back from work and spotted the bouquet and chocolate on Julianne's bed.
"What's the occasion?" She asked, pointing at them
"Anonymous delivery" Julianne answered
"Hmm curiouser curiouser" Bunmi winked at her while studying the items
"They're fancy. Who do you think it's from?" Bunmi asked
"No idea , wasn't from Richard" Julianne told her
"Whoever it is has got good taste, I give them that" Bunmi stated. Julianne nodded in affirmation.
Bunmi brought out suya from a nylon bag
"Let me get drinks outside to go with this"
Bunmi said
"I'll go get them. Need to stretch my legs anyway oh and maybe I'll call Andrew and Aisha and see if they're not busy so we could all see that movie I missed the other day?" Julianne suggested
"I concur" Bunmi said in approval
On the way out Julianne called Andrew asking if he wanted to join them. He declined, saying he was busy, but she could hear Aisha in the background saying she was free and was coming soon.
Two hours later they were talking and laughing loudly, the movie completely forgotten.
"We should do this more often y'all" Aisha said to Julianne and Bunmi
"I'll drink to that" Bunmi concurred
"Have to go to bed now, got an early morning... Aisha, you're the bomb sista" Julianne stated.
Aisha laughed deeply. Julianne went to bed leaving Aisha and Bunmi
"So what's Andrew busy with?" Bunmi asked Aisha
"Work thing" Aisha answered
"Oh..." Bunmi said looking away
"You have a thing for him right?" Aisha said smiling at her.
"Is it that apparent?" Bunmi asked looking shocked
"No, it's not. I'm just an expert at these things" Aisha winked
"Well... you're right" Bunmi confessed
"It's purely confidential. Unless you tell me otherwise" Aisha proposed
"I'd like it kept between us" Bunmi told her
"Then be rest assured it's safe with me"
She guaranteed her
They spoke a while longer till Aisha got dizzy and they called it a night.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by idmicheal20: 8:19pm On Jul 30
This life no balance at all...I hope Andrew will reciprocate Bunmi feelings for him and leave Juli

1 Like

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by Odoogu(m): 8:27pm On Jul 30
now it's official... Bunmi is crushing on Andrew.

this is just a possible scenario...

Julianne wouldn't think too much about Andrew's gestures though(if he shows any obvious one) while neglecting Bunmi's own.
person heart go shatter except say sense dey or Love wins grin

thanks YTmami.

1 Like

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by YTmami(f): 9:35pm On Jul 30
Odoogu:
now it's official... Bunmi is crushing on Andrew.

this is just a possible scenario...

Julianne wouldn't think too much about Andrew's gestures though(if he shows any obvious one) while neglecting Bunmi's own.
person heart go shatter except say sense dey or Love wins grin

thanks YTmami.
Hehe. You're welcome. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by YTmami(f): 11:03pm On Jul 31
Chapter 9
July 11 arrived. It was bunmi's birthday and earlier that day she had woken up to water splashes from Julianne and Aisha.
Thankfully it was a Saturday so she didn't have to go to work.
By evening she was having a little surprise parlour party with few friends over. Julianne had planned the whole thing and she also gifted her with a cake, a digital photo frame and a few other items.
Bunmi was highly ecstatic. Julianne was a best friend anyone would wish to have and she had hugged her joyfully, thanking her.
Andrew showed up hours after the party had started and approached Bunmi, wishing her happy birthday and apologizing for being late .
"It's fine, better late than never" Bunmi said
"Was a cake delivered to you this morning?" Andrew asked
"Um...a pineapple cake with toppings?" Bunmi inquired
"Yes, you got it then" he smiled at her
"Omg....that was you? Woooooooow" she couldn't hide her surprise
"Hope you enjoyed it? wasn't sure which flavour you'd like" He said still smiling
"It was yummy, I didn't like it, I loved it. Thanks a lot" Bunmi returned his smile
"Glad you like it, but that's not all... I have one more thing for you" Andrew said handing a bag to her.
"Hmmm....what's that?" Bunmi said, collecting the bag from him
"Open it" He was grinning now and Bunmi found herself mesmerized.
She opened the bag and brought out the content. It was a waterproof shower speaker.
Bunmi's mouth was agape.
"Now you can listen to music and answer calls in the shower" Andrew said
"Andy.... this is too much...." She was stunned
"We're friends, you deserve it"
She wanted to tell him she wants to be more than friends, but she resisted the urge
"How did you know I like to listen to songs in the shower?" She raised her eyebrow
"A little birdie told me" He told her with a laugh.
He has really nice dimples. She thought to herself
"The little birdie happens to be Julianne huh?" She winked
"No" He answered
He hadn't seen Julianne in a while and he found himself looking round the room for her.
Bunmi noticed he was distracted
"Earth to you..." she said
"Sorry, you were saying?" He asked
"You were lost in thought apparently" She said a little disappointed
"Pardon me, I'm sorry" He apologized
"Dance with me and I'll accept your apology" She smiled
"That simple? Let's go" He took her hand and led her to the centre of the sitting room.
They danced till they were both exhausted.
"You're good sha, I'm intimidated" He complimented her
"You're not bad yourself" She said "Haven't had this much fun in a while due to work, work, work"
"And tomorrow is sunday so you'd get to rest" Andrew said
"I know right, it's perfect, I should be up by noon tomorrow though" she laughed "would you be available by evening tomorrow?" Bunmi asked me, but he had not heard her question.
His eyes had wandered towards Julianne. She had on a gown that looked like it was made specifically made for her.
She was laughing with someone and he wanted to walk towards her and start a conversation.
He let his eyes linger on her longer than he wanted and she caught him looking at her.
She waved and he waved back.
He looked away promptly.
"Done staring?" Bunmi said teasingly
"Really sorry.." He was apologetic
"What were you so focused on?" She inquired
He was quiet.
"Never mind, so I asked if you were available tomorrow noon?" Bunmi asked again
"Yes I am" He smiled
"All right, I have something I'd like us to do"
She said
"Sounds good. I'll give you a call" He told her
They spoke a little while longer till someone came and pulled her along.
His twin sister Aisha noticed he was alone and approached him
"Hey , bro" she Said "Need something to drink?"
He nodded and she brought two cans of drink and handed one to him. Minutes later Julianne joined them and offered them cake
"Andrew you've been scarce these days. Is it work?"
"You could say that" He answered
"Aw, miss seeing you"
Did she really mean that? He wondered
"By the way I hear you're the source of this yummy cake" She nudged him
"You're welcome. You could thank the baker for that" He nudged her back playfully
Aisha mumbled an incoherent excuse and got up to leave.
Andrew was glad to be alone with Julianne. He had been busy with work ,but at the same time he had deliberately been evading her, just so he'd see if she'd notice. And she did. She said she missed him.
Julianne was talking about how they had splashed Bunmi with water earlier that day ,but he wasn't paying attention.
All he paid attention to was her, in front of him. She wasn't flawless, but who is?
The one thing he's sure of is his feelings for her.

3 Likes

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by idmicheal20: 7:03am On Aug 01
Op, thanks for the update cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by Lakesc(m): 7:43am On Aug 01
Op, this is really beautiful. Thanks a lot for the update....

1 Like

Re: 2 Hot To Handle by Odoogu(m): 9:12am On Aug 01
I just dey pity Andrew, hopefully Bunni would be able to save him if he wants saving grin. cos he will think Julianne is playing hard to get.. and believe me, she ain't grin.. can't Aisha just give him a hint?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Talk About Books You've Read, Authors you love e.t.c. / Ghosts And Shadows / Looking For This Book : The Second Chance By Nyengi Koin 1986

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 461
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.