Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year (13108 Views)

Oshoala Voted 3rd Best Women's Footballer, Lionel Messi Best Men's Footballer / Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim / Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by kpaofame: 11:02am On Jul 25, 2020
tegrianonigltd:

Salah was not their own, Van dijk was not their own, LIVERPOOL IS A JOY TO WATCH, Henderson is a tireless midfielder, he got injury, Liverpool lose, he clicked the midfield, tackled, defended, push forward, etc.
So in terms of contribution this season Henderson did more than De Bruyne? �
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by paulolee(m): 11:04am On Jul 25, 2020
[quote author=Squillaci post=92080702]
De bruyne is an attacking midfielder, while Henderson is a central midfielder.[/quote
hmmm...nice but de bryne still deserve it more than him
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by lakeside79937: 11:07am On Jul 25, 2020
It would take a long time for liverpool to win this title again
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by mmsen: 11:14am On Jul 25, 2020
vickydevoka:

Bros I hate English footballer buh I swear Henderson de play ball. If u have data jst stream Liverpool vs Barca champions league second leg

You're picking one game from over 50.

I've watched this guy play since he was at Sunderland. He's decent but he isn't one of the main reasons for the league title success - Van Dijk and Alisson are for more instrumental. And in midfield Wijnaldum and Fabinho have both been consistently better.

1 Like

Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by anambraamaka: 11:25am On Jul 25, 2020
Nonsense and ingredients
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by Minemrys: 12:11pm On Jul 25, 2020
mmsen:

He was benched for a chunk of the season because his form was trash. He came back in the new year, had a short run of very good games but outside of that, nothing.

At best he's the third most important midfielder after Wijnaldum and Fabinho.
i d0n't even kn0w why i am arguing with rival fans. Henders0n benched at the start of the seas0n? Lol. N0w i kn0w u dnt kn0w what u are saying. Hendo has started m0re games than fabinho this seas0n. I think you mistake hendo with chamberlain. The only times he has been absent were when he was injured and when klopp wanted rotating the team with chamberlain and keita.
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by Minemrys: 12:23pm On Jul 25, 2020
Rumxy:

Oga Liverpool would have still won the league without him. He is not even in the top 5 most important players in liverpool this season that are indispensable. Allison, Van Dyk, Fabinho, Mane, Salah n Firmino are ahead of him in importance. The best liverpool player this season is Sadio Mane. Henderson is not even a world class player. I dont even need to be a liverpool fan to identify a world class player like the ones I mentioned above. It's normal British football politics. Let me ask u a question.

If your team has a slot for one CM, who would u want to take the slot between KDB and Henderson?
i would go with a hendo b4 a de bruyne. I repeat, f0otball is a mental game than it is a skillful one. Bros, watch liverpool games again. Hendo does alot without the ball. If it was all abt skills, how c0me man city haven't w0n the ucl with de bruyne? How c0me liverp0ol with a henders0n have been to 3 european finals? U forget the role he played against barca at anfield. Guy, forget. Hendo is an unsung hero. It's n0t all abt talent. Psg with neymar and mbappe are yet to be in a ucl semi final. F0otball na mental game, and when hendo is in our team, we always have focus. L0ok the chelsea and arsenal game, we lackd focus in those games. Hendo brings that to our team. He covers lapses in both defense and at the wing. F0otball analysts who are praising hendo kn0w why. Or why else are they praising him n0w? They kn0w what they're seeing.
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by pluto09(m): 12:32pm On Jul 25, 2020
mmsen:

You're picking one game from over 50.

I've watched this guy play since he was at Sunderland. He's decent but he isn't one of the main reasons for the league title success - Van Dijk and Alisson are for more instrumental. And in midfield Wijnaldum and Fabinho have both been consistently better.

It clearly shows that you have not been following Liverpool keenly.
People have given you some statistics about why hendo is important but your bias against him will not let you acknowledge that.
Allison,fabinho and wijnaldum missed some games and how many of those games did Liverpool loose.
Compare that to the matches that hendo missed,one cannot but see his importance to the team. His latest injury has even exposed and make them more vulnerable.
The most important player for Liverpool this year is Hendo if you want to argue the stat are there for you.
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by EbukaHades10(m): 1:20pm On Jul 25, 2020
kpaofame:
E be things...

What criteria was used in selecting him?

This shows how these awards works...Agenda must agendize shocked shocked

Man City wins league Liverpool player gets it
Liverpool wins league Liverpool player gets it...

The English Agenda...
They support and promote their own!
What happened last year when Sterling won it?

Una go just dey yarn okoto meow anyhow
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by EbukaHades10(m): 1:22pm On Jul 25, 2020
lakeside79937:
It would take a long time for liverpool to win this title again
Allow us enjoy this one first

Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by Rumxy(m): 1:30pm On Jul 25, 2020
Minemrys:

i would go with a hendo b4 a de bruyne. I repeat, f0otball is a mental game than it is a skillful one. Bros, watch liverpool games again. Hendo does alot without the ball. If it was all abt skills, how c0me man city haven't w0n the ucl with de bruyne? How c0me liverp0ol with a henders0n have been to 3 european finals? U forget the role he played against barca at anfield. Guy, forget. Hendo is an unsung hero. It's n0t all abt talent. Psg with neymar and mbappe are yet to be in a ucl semi final. F0otball na mental game, and when hendo is in our team, we always have focus. L0ok the chelsea and arsenal game, we lackd focus in those games. Hendo brings that to our team. He covers lapses in both defense and at the wing. F0otball analysts who are praising hendo kn0w why. Or why else are they praising him n0w? They kn0w what they're seeing.

No worries, I respect your opinion but by next year euros when Henderson would be part of the england squad,we would access his influence on the team which would show how good he is. Secondly, there is still the PFA award voted by his fellow professionals and not English journalists who are most times biased towards their country men if they are in the running for top awards.The pfa award will show his true standing among his peers.
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by Musty112: 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2020
As they say Stats do not lie. Mctominay had a better season than Henderson not to talk of de bruyne
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by tegrianonigltd(m): 1:46pm On Jul 25, 2020
kpaofame:

So in terms of contribution this season Henderson did more than De Bruyne? �

Yes, his energy, key moment, his tireless run and tackles, help stabilize that team, during the first half of the season, anytime klopp substitutes Henderson,they score and almost lost the game, until he realized he his unplayable.. last year, klopp and his boys did numbers 97 and never won, won the champions league. This year they did same numbers and Manchester city never neared them. Overall assist in last two season, Trent defender pass de Bruyne
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by earnit3: 3:52pm On Jul 25, 2020
oh
Re: Jordan Henderson Wins Football Writers' Men's Footballer Of The Year by VerifiedStalin: 5:15pm On Jul 25, 2020
kpaofame:
E be things...

What criteria was used in selecting him?

This shows how these awards works...Agenda must agendize shocked shocked

Man City wins league Liverpool player gets it
Liverpool wins league Liverpool player gets it...

The English Agenda...
They support and promote their own!

So Man City no be English Club again

Or maybe Liverpool is more English than Man city

Bro, this comment of yours no make sense at all. Try again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

98% Sure Odd / Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 / Lyon Beat Wolfsburg, Clinch Record Women's Champions League Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.