Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

"What Have You Been Doing Since Morning"??? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / "What Have You Been Doing Since Morning"??? (608 Views)

What Have You Been Doing Since The ASUU Strike Saga / Start Something Challenge ...What Have You Been Doing? / Answer To The Interview Question: “What Have You Been Doing While Unemployed?” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"What Have You Been Doing Since Morning"??? by bookworm8(m): 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2020
Hello everyone, how are you doing?
Something not so funny happened in my office this morning, a colleague of mine was given a task to perform days ago of which he has been doing non-stop while in the office, minus break time.
This morning, the Chairman came to his office and ask angrily "what have you been doing since morning"? my colleague showed him his progress on the task, but the chairman was like, "is this what you have been doing all this while"
my colleague was totally dumbfounded, he didn't know what to say and just kept quiet.
i wanted to say something but I just decided to stay silent also.
To me, did a nice job.

What do you think he should have said?

(Note: the chairman is nice to everyone including my colleague.)
Re: "What Have You Been Doing Since Morning"??? by illicit(m): 1:08pm On Jul 25, 2020
I have been doing my job

2 Likes

Re: "What Have You Been Doing Since Morning"??? by bookworm8(m): 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2020
illicit:
I have been doing my job
that's good, continue.
whats your opinion on the issue?
Re: "What Have You Been Doing Since Morning"??? by illicit(m): 1:18pm On Jul 25, 2020
bookworm8:

that's good, continue.
whats your opinion on the issue?

Thanks

that's my contribution, I will get up, smile a little, bring out my handkerchief wipe my brow and sigh, and say I have been doing my job sir while looking at him

1 Like

Re: "What Have You Been Doing Since Morning"??? by bookworm8(m): 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2020
illicit:

Thanks

that's my contribution, I will get up, smile a little, bring out my handkerchief wipe my brow and sigh, and say I have been doing my job sir while looking at him
WOW, brilliant and confident.

1 Like

Re: "What Have You Been Doing Since Morning"??? by dejt4u(m): 2:40pm On Jul 25, 2020
Confidence is the key. Wherever you are and at any time, comport yourself and have good confidence in yourself. Don't fidget even in front of your superior.

2 Likes

Re: "What Have You Been Doing Since Morning"??? by bookworm8(m): 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2020
dejt4u:
Confidence is the key. Wherever you are and at any time, comport yourself and have good confidence in yourself. Don't fidget even in front of your superior.
You are right, confidence is key because if I am not confident, I won't be where I am now.

I think my colleague is just scared of loosing his job, my thought though.
Re: "What Have You Been Doing Since Morning"??? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2020
Simply say, "I am doing my job, Sir". And he should say it very confidently and calmly.
That is the problem with so many employees today, the fear of loosing their jobs, so they tend to pose dumb and stupid before superiors. And most times, they loose the job all the same.

Confidence is very key. Give your best at every point in time but never become a footmat while doing that.

Being DUMB never makes anyone appear RESPECTFUL but STUPID and INEFFICIENT.

1 Like

Re: "What Have You Been Doing Since Morning"??? by Ademolami100(m): 4:44pm On Jul 25, 2020
I think the main reason people are not ready to take a swing at the Norland opportunity( The best Multi-level marketing company in Africa)is because they don't believe that they deserve living luxury lifestyle. They just second guess themselves and lie to themselves that they are ok. Why choose to be average when luxury living is possible? Why choose to ”manage” your life, when you can live your life without limits.

Without limits on the car to drive, limit on your ATM card and spending, without limit on the kind of house to live in and the choice of vacation location.

Why limit your life? When more is available and possible with Norland?

(I was a mere recharge card seller couple of years ago on the streets of Calabar, today I can afford to buy that entire street. Why stay stuck in that small company behind a desk when there is an opportunity that can make you so much money to afford to buy that company?)says-- Mr Odey

Today is Saturday and this is another weekend, change the way you think about yourself and change the way you act.
MR Gabriel on 07084430301, those in lagos bisque the Branch office at No 13 Jubrilmartins street, off lawanson road, surulere lagos state.

Re: "What Have You Been Doing Since Morning"??? by bookworm8(m): 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2020
Ninejaywon:
Simply say, "I am doing my job, Sir". And he should say it very confidently and calmly.
That is the problem with so many employees today, the fear of loosing their jobs, so they tend to pose dumb and stupid before superiors. And most times, they loose the job all the same.

Confidence is very key. Give your best at every point in time but never become a footmat while doing that.

Being DUMB never makes anyone appear RESPECTFUL but STUPID and INEFFICIENT.

you nailed it.
lets see it this way,

"what have you being doing since morning?
"I have been doing my job sir"

what if the boss replies in a harsh manner and the issue degerate to query or worse?

I have thought about it also, hence my silence when it happened right infront of my eyes. Sometimes you just need to keep mute and move on from the situation. It doesn't mean you are a fool, but further proves your maturity. I might be wrong though.
it's like saying, "silence is the best answer for a fool"
Re: "What Have You Been Doing Since Morning"??? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2020
bookworm8:

you nailed it.
lets see it this way,

"what have you being doing since morning?
"I have been doing my job sir"

what if the boss replies in a harsh manner and the issue degerate to query or worse?

I have thought about it also, hence my silence when it happened right infront of my eyes. Sometimes you just need to keep mute and move on from the situation. It doesn't mean you are a fool, but further proves your maturity. I might be wrong though.
it's like saying, "silence is the best answer for a fool"

That is the "fear" I am talking about. Okay look at it in another way. Do you Know that keeping mute when being asked questions by ones superior, appears very disrespectful? Such could even attract a grave punishment.

The best bet is to reply calmly but at the same time confidently.

2 Likes

Re: "What Have You Been Doing Since Morning"??? by bookworm8(m): 5:08pm On Jul 25, 2020
[b][/b]
Ninejaywon:

That is the "fear" I am talking about. Okay look at it in another way. Do you Know that keeping mute when being asked questions by ones superior, appears very disrespectful? Such could even attract a grave punishment.

The best bet is to reply calmly but at the same time confidently.

You have a valid point there. Let's hear other people's opinions.
Thanks for the response...
Re: "What Have You Been Doing Since Morning"??? by meobizy(f): 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2020
I have slept all morning.

1 Like

Re: "What Have You Been Doing Since Morning"??? by dprpikin: 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2020
bookworm8:
Hello everyone, how are you doing?
Something not so funny happened in my office this morning, a colleague of mine was given a task to perform days ago of which he has been doing non-stop while in the office, minus break time.
This morning, the Chairman came to his office and ask angrily "what have you been doing since morning"? my colleague showed him his progress on the task, but the chairman was like, "is this what you have been doing all this while"
my colleague was totally dumbfounded, he didn't know what to say and just kept quiet.
i wanted to say something but I just decided to stay silent also.
To me, did a nice job.

What do you think he should have said?

(Note: the chairman is nice to everyone including my colleague.)

In your post there are two questions; the first demands an answers and was furnished by your colleague, the second was rhetoric which doesn't necessarily require an answer.

Your colleague did the right thing. Like my mum would always say 'not every statement is to be responded to'.

1 Like

Re: "What Have You Been Doing Since Morning"??? by adebayour26: 3:37am On Jul 28, 2020
bookworm8:

You are right, confidence is key because if I am not confident, I won't be where I am now.

I think my colleague is just scared of loosing his job, my thought though.
If he keeps getting scared of being fired, he might eventually lose it. Be yourself.
When I was younger, I was timid and shy and not too confident, it cost me a lot - in different aspect of life.

1 Like

Re: "What Have You Been Doing Since Morning"??? by bookworm8(m): 9:34am On Jul 28, 2020
dprpikin:

In your post there are two questions; the first demands an answers and was furnished by your colleague, the second was rhetoric which doesn't necessarily require an answer.

Your colleague did the right thing. Like my mum would always say 'not every statement is to be responded to'.

I agree with you on your quote.
Thanks...
Re: "What Have You Been Doing Since Morning"??? by bookworm8(m): 9:36am On Jul 28, 2020
adebayour26:

If he keeps getting scared of being fired, he might eventually lose it. Be yourself.
When I was younger, I was timid and shy and not too confident, it cost me a lot - in different aspect of life.

confidence is key...

(1) (Reply)

Poise Home Interview(help) / UAC Foods Limited Aptitude Test / Please Can Someone Help And Confirm This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.