Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,773 members, 7,802,379 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) (64361 Views)

Emir Of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero, Booed At Inauguration Ground / #ENDSARS: Moment Governor Sanwo-Olu Was Booed At Lekki Toll-Gate (Video) / Lai Mohammed Booed At AFRIMA Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by zicoraads: 5:47pm On Jul 25, 2020
Dansuqi:

The pertinent questions should be are they edo citizens?
You are a disgrace and one of the reasons why this country will continue to go down on a downward spiral.

Why are you celebrating all over the place? Is this not the same man you were praising about 4 years ago and castigating his opponent?

Obaseki may return to where he is coming from. I'm sure you will start praising him then.

Wonder when some of you will realise it's always about them, and not you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by Wettoid123: 5:47pm On Jul 25, 2020
Essential:

I am bini man that base in Port Harcourt but my grand father is the oldest cheif in Oba palace.
The palace advice him on several issues which he disregarded. he pick fight with anybody that doesn't agree with him, he did not behave smartly to wait for his second tenure to fight.

obaseki is not a politician he though the way u run ur biz is the same way u run politics he would have patiently wait for his second tenure i see him leaving that seat.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 25, 2020
These are d kind of touts Oshiomothief want to return to Edo.

Can u all see they are wearing face caps written POI. Pastor izeiyamu cap.?

I pity the youth that will be sacrificed, waylaying the Governor at Oba gate smacks of desperation on APC part, if PDP retaliate on the day they will flag off, I hope no one will cry.

Ize Iyamu and Oshiomothief are touts and will not enter Osadebe house come September

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by chatinent: 5:51pm On Jul 25, 2020
Yawns.
Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by bizhop01: 5:52pm On Jul 25, 2020
The same way Oba of Oyo palace booed Oyo governor grin
Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by manunitedbabes: 5:53pm On Jul 25, 2020
grin the journey just get started . . . we r watching
Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by joe120120(m): 5:55pm On Jul 25, 2020
[quote author=Annyomo post=92092439]Obaseki disgraced, booed as chants of ‘thief’ greet him at the Palace of the Oba of Benin

The Governor of Edo State, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, was left deflated and completely disgraced today at the Palace of the Oba of Benin after his convoy was blocked by angry residents, numbering in hundreds, who booed and disparaged the Governor as a thief.

Governor Obaseki was reportedly at the Palace for royal blessings as he flagged off his campaign as the candidate of the PDP in the Governorship election.

Upon sighting his convoy from a small distance, the people, hitherto rejoicing and making merry as is usual at the ancient Palace, immediately formed an angry mob of protesters and confronted the embattled Governor with chants of “thief” and other disgraceful epithets, demanding that he leaves the Palace and not “pollute the environment with his dishonorable self.”

Obaseki and his accompanying aides were left perplexed and all attempts to salvage the situation only further angered the crowd who insisted that he leaves, stating that he has been rejected and is no longer their Governor.

Such rejection at the Palace holds great significance in the Benin Kingdom and Edo State as a whole.

It is perhaps the greatest indication that the Governor, presently struggling to get his new party, the PDP, in shape, will lose the Sept. 19 election.

A palace source who pleaded anonymity said “what took place today is a bad omen for Governor Obaseki and his PDP. He selfishly came for blessings at a place he has not really sowed any good seeds and he received boos and disgrace. It is a clear sign of rejection and what is to come.”

“Some of his followers have already gotten the cue and they are abandoning him despite threats and offering of monetary rewards. That campaign, starting like this, can never be successful. The people don’t want this man anymore.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndy1FeGlwQk[/quo

Kaikai sharer and shugun boys in action

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by Bluntemperor: 5:58pm On Jul 25, 2020
Jabioro:
Edo is not Lagos,yet they chant and speak in Yoruba..Time will tell

When the gods reject your foot prints,there is problem somewhere!

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by emperor863(m): 6:00pm On Jul 25, 2020
kestor:

The same place I have been chilling out since about 8:30am where the only thing people are chanting is 4 + 4= Torgba? True, some APC thugs were there to cause trouble, but they met their match in the PDP thugs who had been empowered today, and sadly so, by the security agents.
Stop this debauchery, it's very puerile. We're not all strangevrs in Edo.

"Edo" man. Please upload a video or at least a picture to prove what you just typed.

The video I saw featured young and middle aged Edo indegens (going by their accent).

We all know your modus operandi - tell lies repeatedly so much so that normal persons will start to doubt the truth.

Edo man, try and upload the video where the protesters (who disgraced the outgoing governor of Edo state) were dispersed by the police

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by popesco123: 6:04pm On Jul 25, 2020
Annyomo:
Obaseki disgraced, booed as chants of ‘thief’ greet him at the Palace of the Oba of Benin

The Governor of Edo State, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, was left deflated and completely disgraced today at the Palace of the Oba of Benin after his convoy was blocked by angry residents, numbering in hundreds, who booed and disparaged the Governor as a thief.

Governor Obaseki was reportedly at the Palace for royal blessings as he flagged off his campaign as the candidate of the PDP in the Governorship election.

Upon sighting his convoy from a small distance, the people, hitherto rejoicing and making merry as is usual at the ancient Palace, immediately formed an angry mob of protesters and confronted the embattled Governor with chants of “thief” and other disgraceful epithets, demanding that he leaves the Palace and not “pollute the environment with his dishonorable self.”

Obaseki and his accompanying aides were left perplexed and all attempts to salvage the situation only further angered the crowd who insisted that he leaves, stating that he has been rejected and is no longer their Governor.

Such rejection at the Palace holds great significance in the Benin Kingdom and Edo State as a whole.

It is perhaps the greatest indication that the Governor, presently struggling to get his new party, the PDP, in shape, will lose the Sept. 19 election.

A palace source who pleaded anonymity said “what took place today is a bad omen for Governor Obaseki and his PDP. He selfishly came for blessings at a place he has not really sowed any good seeds and he received boos and disgrace. It is a clear sign of rejection and what is to come.”

“Some of his followers have already gotten the cue and they are abandoning him despite threats and offering of monetary rewards. That campaign, starting like this, can never be successful. The people don’t want this man anymore.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndy1FeGlwQk
OSHIMOLE OLE! PDP OLE, jobless PDP APC argument contesters which one una one follow? THIS IS TO TELL YOU THAT ONE PART VIDEO SCENE IS SOME PAID JOBLESS MISCREANTS. BUT ANYWAY PDD APC EQAULS SAME

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by hgnbello(m): 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2020
He never see anything nah � �

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by emperor863(m): 6:07pm On Jul 25, 2020
CilicMarin:
OAM4J as you have closed my thread, can you push this one to the front page asap?

I observed that your thread was actually closed and I really do not know why somebody should do that.

I hope it is not what I'm thinking. I believe all members should be able to post any information if is true.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by Chatbot1234: 6:11pm On Jul 25, 2020
1k and coronavirus, good bargain grin
Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by AreaFada2: 6:12pm On Jul 25, 2020
[quote author=softset post=92095181]I thought they claimed that the oba was in full support?

If this is going on outside the palace, it speaks volume.Obaseki ... I sympathize with you.[/quotep]
Oba would not mandate anyone or group to disgrace an electoral candidate much less a sitting governor. This Oba is a former long term Nigerian ambassador. He knows protocol.

Miscreants probably just got wind Obaseki was going to the palace and gathered outside the gate. Anybody is free to gather there.

People should not use Propaganda to drag the Palace into the political rofo rofo. Make them face themselves.
Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by sirdick17: 6:13pm On Jul 25, 2020
Perfectboy:
See story grin grin grin grin
Why didn't you video it or even record the event?
Do you think that this propaganda will work edo people?

Yeyeyeye... It's a bad omen
Nonsense

I hv seen d video on facebook..... Sad but true

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by Nwaonyishi69: 6:14pm On Jul 25, 2020
usage of rented crowd in Nigeria is not a new thing.
Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by uruego(f): 6:20pm On Jul 25, 2020
Why are people supporting Apc despite the calamity they have caused in Nigeria ?
Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by Emilokoiyawon: 6:23pm On Jul 25, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by SaintBeehot(m): 6:23pm On Jul 25, 2020
moodyguy:
My governor is waxing stronger...devilish propaganda won't deter him.Edo no be Lagos.
You shouldn't use such sensitive comment on senseless people, I mean Obaseki is not worth the hype.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by DEmejioba1: 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2020
SaintBeehot:
Metaphysical cheesy
Edo no be Lagos o.
ITS MORE BEFITTING TO SAY, EDO NO BE ABIA!

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by SaintBeehot(m): 6:27pm On Jul 25, 2020
DEmejioba1:
ITS MORE BEFITTING TO SAY, EDO NO BE ABIA!
grin

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by Bighead9: 6:29pm On Jul 25, 2020
promotervickky:

1. [s]Total transformation of Samuel Ogbemudia stadium(oshiomole wasted money here without any change)[/s]

2. [s]Obaseki Agriculture Story that boosted the efficiency of Edi farmers[/s].

3. [s]Rehabilitation of the 20 primary healthcare centres in the 18 LGAS of the state[/s].

5. [s]Construction of Adorlo road in GRA 1st ugbor[/s].

6. The first executive resident for judges located in Aiguobasimwin Road, within the GRA.

7. [s]Construction of the road leading to AGGS in water resources[/s].

8. Construction of the ICT EDOhub in Benin

9. Construction of the Federal High Court in Benin, with a new building!! And renovations

10. [s]Construction of Patrick ehimen road and its environs Benin City[/s].

11. [s]The implementation of Edo Basic Education Sector Transformation (EDOBEST) programme, which
has bolstered confidence in public schools[/s].

12. [s]Construction of ikpopan road which oshiomole earlier did that got spoilt after few moments, the new road is standing strong now[/s]
!

13. [s]The installation of high-tension cables and a sub-station on the Sapele Road axis, linking the city centre to the 55mw Ccetc-ossiomo Power Plant in Ologbo, Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area of Edo State, is at the final stage of completion[/s].

I made it 13!!! I will send my account number to you shortly, if i don't see my money.....or you give excuses.. .hmmmm grin

Trash. With this rubbish you wrote up above, it's official Obaseki has done nothing.

1* Samuel Igbemudia stadium was not built by Obaseki, he can't take credit, he only repaint it.

2* Obaseki Agric program is not verifiable, post pictures and videos of it to proof your point.

3^ He did not build any block of Classroom, he only repaint few Schools and he wants to take credit for the schools. God punish Obaseki.

5^ You are still mentioning rehabilitation, I didn't see where you mention a verifiable projects Obaseki started from scratch and completed by now.

7^ The Road leading to Water Resources is done by NDDC.

10^ Patrick Ihemen Road is a Niger Delta Development Commission's project.

11* This is the biggest lies ever. Teachers and pensioners are suffering under this Government. For the past 2 weeks now, teachers and pentioners of Edo State College of Education Ekiadolo, are seeing protesting for the none payments of their salaries and pentions for the past 11 months.

12* Ikpopkan Road is only half a kilometer. It's a substandard Road with no drainage. It falls below a local Government standand Road. The reason Obaseki construct the substandard Ikpopkan Road, was because he bought a house on that axis, with funds he embezzled from Edo Government account.

13^ You refer to instalation of cables as achievements? You deserve some beatings aswear.

Obaseki na bad market, no matter how you try you can't sell him to the good people of Edo State.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by wonder233: 6:33pm On Jul 25, 2020
Says a spineless stooge from a state where one drug baron appoints the governor
seunmsg:
grin grin grin

This is just the beginning. By the time Oshiomole is done with Obaseki, losing the governorship dear will be the least of his troubles.
Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by CapitalBank: 6:36pm On Jul 25, 2020
seunmsg:
grin grin grin

This is just the beginning. By the time Oshiomole is done with Obaseki, losing the governorship dear will be the least of his troubles.

For Edo state? U think this is ur Lagos Abeokuta territory?
Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by nokatakata: 6:37pm On Jul 25, 2020
Las Las na to import flat headed potopoto monkeys from the sad beast to vote for obaseki...I just pray inec will count votes on NL and biafr.aud Facebook page.

The 'edo is not Lagos' chanting bastar.ds have use their bitterness, hate and inborn bad luck to affect obaseki. We warned obaseki but he allowed the children of hate to deceive him obaseki did not learn from Atiku, Fayose and Saraki. Anybody that these cursed hateful, bitter mudaphuckers support must lose. Obaseki better plan to move to the 'rand of the lising sun' after he is sent parking. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by chiefkpokp(m): 6:37pm On Jul 25, 2020
I really love what happened today, apc rented thugs was busy castigating obaseki at oba palace gate, immediately obaseki left d palace u need to see, how pdp surface from no were.... Gun shots everywere... Within 10mins all the apc rented crowd were running for their life..... 4+4 torwagba

Annyomo:
Obaseki disgraced, booed as chants of ‘thief’ greet him at the Palace of the Oba of Benin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndy1FeGlwQk
Re: Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) by Yebosola(m): 6:46pm On Jul 25, 2020
luluosas:
Win or lose, I will cast my vote for Obaseki if I collect my PVC

If vote online ,is your ways, all your Edo is not Lagos ends on SM

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sanusi's Removal As Emir: Dele Momodu Poses Question On Future / Aisha Buhari Didn’t Shut Down Her Abuja Spa (see Pics) - Nigerian Times / James Brown Meets Desmond Elliot (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.