Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality (60385 Views)

Give Away For 10 People Affected By Covid-19 / My Experience At NIMC Enrollment Centre, Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri. / Gender Equality: An Important Economic Rationale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by foolbuster: 2:27pm On Jul 26, 2020
30naira:
Today, I attended a wedding ceremony. At the reception, the couple tried to maintain social distancing inside the reception hall, so there were limited seats. Most of the guests were in the open field outside. I sat behind two ladies, who should be in their mid or late twenties. I wasn't really paying much attention to them.

After a while, they left their seat and went out. After about 5 minutes two guys came, and sat down in the empty seats the ladies left. These guy are obviously in their early twenties.

About 30 minutes later, the two girls came back inside, I noticed that one of them has had a change of cloths. So obviously they went home and returned.

The girls demanded that the guys should leave the seat, because they got there first. It is their seat. As expected the guys bluntly refused. The girls started raising their voice and cursing. No one really cared to listen to them, the boys were busy consuming the drinks on the table.

One of the ladies got frustrated by the indifference of the boys, grabbed a glass of juice from the table and threw the content at the guy's face. The guy in turn opened the entire can, got up and started pouring it on the girl's head, ruining her make up and soaking her weavon.

Next thing we saw, the girl grabbed him by the collar with both hands, tearing at his skin with her nails. Before you could say Jack, the guy started raining down slaps on her face, she fought back too.

Before we could rush down, the girl had a bleeding nose and a red swollen face.

Now this is the part that particular offended me. Everyone that gathered round started heaping insult on the boy for beating up a girl, despite the fact that she initiated physical contact. Some women even went as far as threatening to arrest the boy. The entire narrative changed quickly. Some stupid men even tried to beat up the boys. I stood my ground and insisted that if anybody lays a finger on the boy, I ll see to it that everybody is kicked out of the reception.

It took the intervention of the officiating minister to calm the crowd. Everyone was insisting that he would pay for the girl's medical bills. Funny thing is that the guy had finger marks all over his neck. She was sobbing and attracting sympathy left and right, as if she was not the one barking like an animal moments earlier. In the end, it was the guys that were kicked out, the girls had the seat.

I get confused about this gender equality stuff, women want to be treated like men and treated differently at the same time. You can't claim equality only when it suits you. If it were two guys fighting, I'm sure they ll both be kicked out and nobody will spare a thought for the injured, there ll be no sobbing or comforting, it ll just be seen as two people disturbing the peace. But everyone is suddenly acting up to protect an equal specie, who is also the offender, and the females see nothing wrong in this inequality

Do you want equality or not?
Personally I respect and treat everyone equally, but if you initiate physical contact, male or female I will retaliate with the same ferocity.

A moronic society we are living in.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by foolbuster: 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

I am not trying to justify what the lady did, but never raise your hand on a lady as a man. Don't.

Don't be silly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
30naira:
Today, I attended a wedding ceremony. At the reception, the couple tried to maintain social distancing inside the reception hall, so there were limited seats. Most of the guests were in the open field outside. I sat behind two ladies, who should be in their mid or late twenties. I wasn't really paying much attention to them.

After a while, they left their seat and went out. After about 5 minutes two guys came, and sat down in the empty seats the ladies left. These guy are obviously in their early twenties.

About 30 minutes later, the two girls came back inside, I noticed that one of them has had a change of cloths. So obviously they went home and returned.

The girls demanded that the guys should leave the seat, because they got there first. It is their seat. As expected the guys bluntly refused. The girls started raising their voice and cursing. No one really cared to listen to them, the boys were busy consuming the drinks on the table.

One of the ladies got frustrated by the indifference of the boys, grabbed a glass of juice from the table and threw the content at the guy's face. The guy in turn opened the entire can, got up and started pouring it on the girl's head, ruining her make up and soaking her weavon.

Next thing we saw, the girl grabbed him by the collar with both hands, tearing at his skin with her nails. Before you could say Jack, the guy started raining down slaps on her face, she fought back too.

Now this is the part that particular offended me. Everyone that gathered round started heaping insult on the boy for beating up a girl, despite the fact that she initiated physical contact. Some women even went as far as threatening to arrest the boy. The entire narrative changed quickly. Some stupid men even tried to beat up the boys. I stood my ground and insisted that if anybody lays a finger on the boy, I ll see to it that everybody is kicked out of the reception.

It took the intervention of the officiating minister to calm the crowd. Everyone was insisting that he would pay for the girl's medical bills. Funny thing is that the guy had finger marks all over his neck. She was sobbing and attracting sympathy left and right, as if she was not the one barking like an animal moments earlier. In the end, it was the guys that were kicked out, the girls had the seat.

I get confused about this gender equality stuff, women want to be treated like men and treated differently at the same time. You can't claim equality only when it suits you. If it were two guys fighting, I'm sure they ll both be kicked out and nobody will spare a thought for the injured, there ll be no sobbing or comforting, it ll just be seen as two people disturbing the peace. But everyone is suddenly acting up to protect an equal specie, who is also the offender, and the females see nothing wrong in this inequality

Personally I respect and treat everyone equally, but if you initiate physical contact, male or female I will retaliate with the same ferocity.
May God bless you for your action.
You did right by fighting for those guys.
That's all I have to say.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
QuickStandard:

Have you taken your medications today? I doubt.

So a lady can lay hands on a guy but a guy can't fight back. Kwantinu. Simpleton

LOL baafira
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by MJBOLT: 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
women are evil,any girl who wants to get physical with you deserves what she gets.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by ednut1(m): 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
Till i see women riding trucks, packing sewage or doing underground mining then take the gender equality shit away. They cant even change their own car tyres nonsense

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by majamajic(m): 2:31pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

I am not trying to justify what the lady did, but never raise your hand on a lady as a man. Don't.

Can't u read the story very well ? So the guy should wait until she blind him before fighting back ?
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by hopexter(m): 2:31pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

Never raise your hand on a lady as a man that's how men get killed just by looking and acting like a gentleman. Any girl wey sha hit me first will use that same hand of hers to pack her teeth home angry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by QuickStandard: 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

Whenever a lady tries to get violent with you as a guy, the best thing to do is to walk away from the heat of the moment.

Your comments on this issue is so annoying.

Let me not say what's on my mind

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Iyajelili(f): 2:33pm On Jul 26, 2020
I don't care about stupid gender equality but you're bitter towards women and your write up reeks of hate and disgust to the female gender. You should face the lady that turned you to a bitter soul at OP.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Viking007(m): 2:33pm On Jul 26, 2020
traware:

If any of the ladies in the OPs story ever behaves towards me the way the OP described,Insha Allah I shall beat her to death cool
cheesy
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
traware:

If any of the ladies in the OPs story ever behaves towards me the way the OP described,Insha Allah I shall beat her to death cool

Killer gringrin
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Oladayo12(m): 2:36pm On Jul 26, 2020
traware:

Brother not all ladies, there are ladies that will beat you blue black, come rain come shine

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Foolishbuhari: 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

Oga shut up your mouth there! Yen yen yen

If a woman considers herself strong enough to assault a man, she should also be strong enough to fighter and perhaps beat up the man when he fights back.

No be gender equality?

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

You care too much about what others think of you. It is okay to be self-aware but the right thing to do is to avoid a retaliation or an escalation of the drama, and report her to a higher authority. You can go to the police station and make a complaint.

Useless advice.... Girl. Slap u, u wan go police station

Ur second name na mugu

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by stasius: 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

So what should you do in this case?
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by emmnprince(m): 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

You're right! Never raise your hand on a lady as a man. My question is: From the above narrative, one of the ladies first assaulted the young man before he reacted in like manner. What should a man do when a lady land a BIG slap on a guy's face, or hold his collar and pinching his neck?
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by CliffordAde: 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

But she can be forgiven for unrestrained madness?
When you give trouble don't expect to reap peace.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by higgs: 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2020
Thanks Op,for standing up for those boys. Guys like Nockmedia are a disgrace to humanity. I love women,my mother and sisters are women. Everyone must imbibe good manners and learn to respect others whether man or woman

7 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Toscarele: 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

oga, women take advantage of this your idea a lot, once In a while it's good to remind them that we are all humans, that said it doesn't mean I support any form of violence against them but why would you initiate physical contact if you are not up for it.
I'm tired all these gentleman BS and their double standards

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by obowunmi(m): 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2020
30naira:

You my friend are a MAD person. how can you advocate that a man beat up a woman ? the men should have been gentlemen and given up their seats for the women. Its only polite.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by SOJOSEPH(m): 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2020
It takes a foolish male to claim gender equality at every foolish act of a female.

Just like the incident you witnessed, it does not usually end there.

Lot of guys have taken it further beyond the initial scene of such injustice. This is the kind of mentality that lead to broken homes these days.

Genre equality:

Man should provide for the family and still assist in domestic chores

Girls are suffering bias as if the little boys are enjoying

Women are breadwinners of a lot of homes these because of this demonic concept.

This is the more reason a lot of females will continue to be victims of society foolishness

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by momohsteve(m): 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2020
Hmmm... For me, I'll not beat the girl but I'll look for her mate and type to beat her silly. Girl vs Girl fight dey kukuma sweet to watch....lol
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by QuickStandard: 2:40pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

LOL baafira

cool hope you don't have issues with Biafra. However I'm a Nigerian not Biafra

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Goat With Human Face In Kano, Dumped In Refuse Heap (Photos) / Is This Sitting Position Feminine / Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.