Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,767 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

10 Injured As Aketi Students Support Group Attack Students. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Injured As Aketi Students Support Group Attack Students. (296 Views)

2023: Students’ Support Group For Tinubu Constitutes Executive Committees / Aketi Students Support Group Attacks Students In Ondo State / Ruga: Northern Group Attack Osinbajo, Threatens To Expel Non-northerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Injured As Aketi Students Support Group Attack Students. by bigboluet(m): 6:58pm On Jul 25, 2020
At least 10 undergraduates of Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo, and Olusegun Agagu University of Science and Technology, Okitipupa, were attacked and beaten by some thugs on Friday evening.

The thugs were said to be working for a group known as 'Aketi Students Support Group' seeking the re-election of Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo.

Led by immediate past President of the National Association of Ondo State Students, Mr Olarewanju Akeredolu, the group is said to have been moving around campuses in the state to coerce students into supporting the governor for a second term in office.

SaharaReporters gathered on Saturday that trouble started when members of the group stormed the ACE and OAUSTECH and attempted to force students to endorse Governor Akeredolu.

A source disclosed that leader of the group got infuriated by the resistance of the students and moved in thugs, who unleashed mayhem on the students.

Confirming the incident, Okunomo Damilola, President, Students Union Government in OAUSTECH, said the group arrived at the gate of the campus to distribute some items and asked few students on campus to support Governor Akeredolu's second term bid by taking photograph with them.

He said, "But we told him (Akeredolu) and his members that we could not do that. We said if we did that, it means we are satisfied with the present situation in our campuses.

"Governor Rotimi Akeredolu reviewed upward our tuition to N200, 000 as engineering students and we don't have enough lecturers, no power supply on our campus, lecture rooms are not enough, no laboratories.

"Now, some group of people are coming to us because of their selfish interest and personal gains to coerce us to support the same governor who made education costly for us for another four years.

"When we declared to them that we can't support the governor, they attacked a few of us on campus with their thugs.

"They snatched and destroyed phones of some of us who were taking photographs and recording their violent activities at our school gate."

When contacted by SaharaReporters, Akeredolu confirmed visiting the schools for the endorsement of the governor but denied attacking students of the two institutions for refusing to support for the governor.

Akeredolu explained that his group was touring campuses in the state to distribute palliatives to students, who were still on campus and couldn't travel back home as a result of COVID-19 and the lockdown.

He added that he and members of his group had earlier visited the Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba Akoko and
the College of Health Technology, Akure, to promote the second term ambition of Governor Akeredolu without any issue.

Reacting, the National Association of Nigerian Students Joint Campus Committee, Ondo State Chairman, Akinteye Babatunde, and Adekunle Oluwatayo, Director of Media and Publicity, called on the Commissioner of Police, Bolaji Salami, to order the arrest of the leader of the group, who attacked students.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/07/25/10-students-injured-ondo-group-supporting-governor-akeredolus-re-election-attacks

Re: 10 Injured As Aketi Students Support Group Attack Students. by bigboluet(m): 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2020
Vote not Fight...

1 Like

Re: 10 Injured As Aketi Students Support Group Attack Students. by Officialgarri: 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2020
searchng4love:
Violence begets violence... PDP is a party of civil people. APC is inflicting this on themselves
searchng4love:

PDP=APC.
chiefkpokp:
Don't say what you don't no, it's was APC that started the trouble not knowing that PDP boys gat no joy now,
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

These people are inviting bubu's hand ooh!

Meanwhile this write up is the handiwork of some useless, hunger ravaged and zombified APC media goon. How can a governor instruct thugs to attack anyone.
How far guys, if you guys aren't hypocrites, I hope I can also decide to switch PDP for APC and vice versa in the comments and then you will agree I'm correct
Especially, the bolded grin
Re: 10 Injured As Aketi Students Support Group Attack Students. by OUTLAWwizard: 7:00pm On Jul 25, 2020

Some Nigerian youths are irredeemable.

If you die today, the politicians you died for will continue with their political pursuits.

Nigerian youths are brilliant in all aspect of life, they are resourceful, genuinely skillful and can handle any task given to them, but here, the political dealers are thinking otherwise, they see youths as mere objects of voting, instruments and the roles the old people have confined these young people to are to continue to use them as political thugs, errands boys and girls in the names of Personal Assistants, Senior Special Assistant on this and that.
Re: 10 Injured As Aketi Students Support Group Attack Students. by SLAP44: 7:01pm On Jul 25, 2020
Let's gather and blame IPOB yuuts as usual grin
Re: 10 Injured As Aketi Students Support Group Attack Students. by sapientia(m): 7:01pm On Jul 25, 2020
Willing lazy slaves

If I tell you that am not tired.

Call me a liar

I wont sue

To my fellow space bookers

Respect

Re: 10 Injured As Aketi Students Support Group Attack Students. by chatinent: 7:02pm On Jul 25, 2020
Nowhere is really safe.
Re: 10 Injured As Aketi Students Support Group Attack Students. by Byke60(m): 7:02pm On Jul 25, 2020
I think I have nothing to say then to faint.
No wan should open my mouth, na small faint o
Re: 10 Injured As Aketi Students Support Group Attack Students. by bigboluet(m): 7:11pm On Jul 25, 2020
Byke60:
I think I have nothing to say then to faint.
No wan should open my mouth, na small faint o

Lemme shift for you

1 Like

Re: 10 Injured As Aketi Students Support Group Attack Students. by amakadlite(f): 7:16pm On Jul 25, 2020
Byke60:
I think I have nothing to say then to faint. No wan should open my mouth, na small faint o
wait first, na me won faint before you faint.

1 Like

Re: 10 Injured As Aketi Students Support Group Attack Students. by illicit(m): 7:59pm On Jul 25, 2020
Student Union
Yeye Union

(1) (Reply)

UST IN: Governor Obiano Suspends Traditional Ruler Of Ukwulu Town / Bbnaija: Housemates Clash Over Meal, Praise Threatens Everyone With HOH / Humble Okoro Traces George Floyd Home To Mbaise Spirit Invoked To Coffin -photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.