Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies (3912 Views)

Cheated On My Boyfriend With His Friend Not Knowing They Were Testing Me – Lady / Seven Sex Myths We Wish Would Just Go Away / Lifestyle: Seven Sex Myths We Wish Would Just Go Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by rasheylaw(m): 7:24pm On Jul 25, 2020
Myths are things we believe because almost everyone accept it as the truth,these believes are often passed from generations.

Bellow are 12 myths people believe..but they're not true�

1.Talking while Free Falling :Talking while free falling is common in movies we watch but in as much as it looks real the truth still remains that two people can't communicate while free falling �

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by rasheylaw(m): 7:25pm On Jul 25, 2020
2.Chameleons:Chameleons are known to Change their color in order to blend with their environment but the truth is that they can stay in a multicolored environment without changing their skin color to match any color in that environment �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by rasheylaw(m): 7:27pm On Jul 25, 2020
3.Fish Are Mute:Fish are not mute and they make sounds?�...that will probably the question in your mind but it is actually True,fish are not mute(you can Google it if you doubt)they make different sounds that cannot be heard with human ear�

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by rasheylaw(m): 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2020
4.Brushing After Every Meal:Brushing of our teeth after every meal is not a good idea because it harms the teeth,The proper routine is to brush twice a day preferably morning and Night but I know most of us brush only once(u can't prove me wrong�)�

1 Like

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by Slawormir: 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by rasheylaw(m): 7:30pm On Jul 25, 2020
5.Elephants Make Loud Noise When they Walk:Elephants are the largest land mammals,due to this there's a popular saying that goes like this "You stomp like an Elephant"...this statement is actually wrong because Elephants are generally quiet,they're light on their feet and they don't make noise when they walk�

3 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by rasheylaw(m): 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2020
6.Waiting 24hrs Before Reporting Case Of A Missing Person:Waiting for 24hrs before reporting case of a missing persons is wrong and does not show any sign of genuine concern �

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by rasheylaw(m): 7:34pm On Jul 25, 2020
7.Gun Silencers:Most common in movies we watch,Silencers are used to completely reduce the noise a gun is supposed to make when fired,well..the actual truth is that Silencers only damp the noise but the gunshot will still be audible �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by rasheylaw(m): 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2020
8.Using Phone During Lighting Storm:This myth is believed by so many people but the truth is that there's no harm in using your phone during lightning storm,The radio waves in smart phones don't conduct electricity �

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by rasheylaw(m): 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2020
9.Using An Alarm Clock To Wake Up:Alarm clock are set to wake us up in the morning with the sound they make in order for us to be meet up with our schedule for the day,This method is used by so many people..but it is actually wrong because Waking u suddenly is bad�

1 Like

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by Kemimarch16(f): 7:36pm On Jul 25, 2020
Nice write up
Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by rasheylaw(m): 7:37pm On Jul 25, 2020
10.Yellowish Teeth Is Dirty And Unhealthy:When we smile the teeth is one of the places people look at. A white teeth is assumed to be a healthy teeth while yellowish teeth is assumed to be unhealthy and dirty..well,it's actually a myth because the teeth is naturally yellowish in color �

7 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by hisgrace090: 7:37pm On Jul 25, 2020
Nice!
Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by rasheylaw(m): 7:38pm On Jul 25, 2020
11.king Cobra Is The Most Venomous Animal In The World:Cobra is a long Venomous snake with neurotoxins enough to kill an Asian elephant,the Cobra is also called King because it feeds on fellow Cobras...well,,cobras are not the most venomous animal in the world. The most venomous animal in the world is Box jellyfish,they are so venomous that they could kill a person within two minutes of contact with it's tentacle �

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by rasheylaw(m): 7:39pm On Jul 25, 2020
12.Hacking Is Illegal And Not A Good Means Of Earning A Living:Hackers are thought to bad people because they can break in system illegally with an aim to steal,change or destroy information.

All hackers are not bad,we have different types of hackers...we have the Black hat hacker(illegal hackers),white hat hackers(their work is to solve loopholes by creating algorithms to break existing internet networks)...other types of hackers include Gray hat hacker,Blue hat hacker,Red hat hacker,Green hat hacker,Script kiddie,Social engineering hackers,Hacktivists,Cyber terrorists,State/Nation sponsored hackers, Malicious insider/Whistle-blower hackers and Elite hackers

1 Share

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by rasheylaw(m): 7:40pm On Jul 25, 2020
BONUS �

The End.

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by Kryptonvinyl(m): 7:40pm On Jul 25, 2020
Well, we knew some of them sha

1 Like

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by merieam16(f): 8:01pm On Jul 25, 2020
Okay
Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by ifex370(m): 8:25pm On Jul 25, 2020
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by Ugolistikp: 9:07pm On Jul 25, 2020
Nice 1 OP but that hypnosis own how true is it?? Check again ooooo....abi make I go read am.

1 Like

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 25, 2020
You tried. Nice work
Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by leonard002(m): 9:49pm On Jul 25, 2020
Very informative. Thanks. Will like to see more threads like this
Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by Benwallt(m): 9:54pm On Jul 25, 2020
Myths vs legend
Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by paulolee(m): 9:55pm On Jul 25, 2020
nice
Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by TGMISKY(m): 10:37pm On Jul 25, 2020
rasheylaw:
12.Hacking Is Illegal And Not A Good Means Of Earning A Living:Hackers are thought to bad people because they can break in system illegally with an aim to steal,change or destroy information.

All hackers are not bad,we have different types of hackers...we have the Black hat hacker(illegal hackers),white hat hackers(their work is to solve loopholes by creating algorithms to break existing internet networks)...other types of hackers include Gray hat hacker,Blue hat hacker,Red hat hacker,Green hat hacker,Script kiddie,Social engineering hackers,Hacktivists,Cyber terrorists,State/Nation sponsored hackers, Malicious insider/Whistle-blower hackers and Elite hackers

The people who made the dictionary have made white seem like good and black seem like evil. Isn't that racism

3 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by TGMISKY(m): 10:42pm On Jul 25, 2020
rasheylaw:
3.Fish Are Mute:Fish are not mute and they make sounds?�...that will probably the question in your mind but it is actually True,fish are not mute(you can Google it if you doubt)they make different sounds that cannot be heard with human ear�

Since 2017 (during my I.T), I've known fishes to make sounds. When I go to the farm early in the morning, when the place is still very quiet, I hear different kinda sounds, especially when they are in their school form

2 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by luscioustrish(f): 11:53pm On Jul 25, 2020
Very informative..thank you kiss
Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by yuswrld20(m): 12:05am On Jul 26, 2020
dats good
Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by Bluezy13(m): 12:38am On Jul 26, 2020
Very informative...
I don't mind that it is in the Romance section
Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by Blackmoran(m): 12:41am On Jul 26, 2020
Myth.. Enoch was carried to heaven on a ??!! OK a chariot with horses, I think something fire was included?
Moses use a rod to to create a dry land on the red sea...

Fact... I know wan die but I wan go heaven

Every day I dey struggle make dem give me visa, how I wish say I fit follow that dry ocean go abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 26, 2020
Myth 14: Jesus never existed but we still believe it.

1 Like

Re: Myth Vs Truth:12 Myths We Still Believe Without Knowing They Are Lies by dadalicious: 1:16am On Jul 26, 2020
Lalasticlala, this info is FP worthy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why You Should Stop Giving Her Money If You Are Dating Her / Can You Date A Nigerian Policeman/woman? / Dead Man In Mortuary Impregnates Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.