Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Bbn:minister Did Not Order Stoppage - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bbn:minister Did Not Order Stoppage (159 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji To Keep Donating To Feminist Coalition Despite Stoppage / Oritsefemi: Banky W's Wedding Did Not Outshine Mine, I Don’t See Any Comparison / Victor Anichebe: DJ Cuppy Did Not Throw Me Out Of A Hotel Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bbn:minister Did Not Order Stoppage by Amazingbronx: 12:18am On Jul 26, 2020
Reports that Information and Culture Minister Lai Mohammed ordered the popular reality show, Big Brother Naija (BBN) yanked off the airwaves are not true, sources said on Friday.
The reality show, which entered its fifth season on July 20, remains one of the most watched programmes on cable TV in Nigeria.
The report had alleged that the minister directed the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) to shut down the show,for fear that it could help in spreading COVID-19 because of the close interacting among participants.
An official of the ministry who does not want to be named told The Nation yesterday that the programme would not be running by now if truly any such directive had been given.
The source also said that government’s approval for the programme was sought by the company running it and was duly given.
“That the programme is still running shows that there is no iota of truth in the report,” the source said.

(1) (Reply)

Eric & Tochi Evicted From Bbnaija Lockdown / Nurse Recounts How Her Colleague Died From Taking Care Of Ebola Patient / This Is A Vital Message For Every Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.