Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You (25055 Views)

8 Important Ways God's Mercy Can Save Us From The Destroyer / 8 Important Ways God's Mercy Can Save Us From the Destroyer / Things You Never Thought God Can Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 26, 2020
hmm
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 26, 2020
when u begin to hear voices u should nt,that's madness
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by OtemAtum: 7:29am On Jul 26, 2020
englishmart:
You are trying to confuse someone

Someone will only get confused if he or she chooses to. That's why the link is there for that somebody to know the truth.

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Cof1ex(m): 7:29am On Jul 26, 2020
please people of God, visit this and help advice a brother, thanks.. https://www.nairaland.com/6015141/after-nysc-what-500000-account
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by lekki1444: 7:32am On Jul 26, 2020
GOD speaks to yu through EVERYTHING
1-When you are in poverty that is GOD speaking to you
2-Sickness
3-Suffering
4-Dreams
5-Through how your spouse treats you
6-Through how things around yu breakdown eg your car is always breaking down
7-Through the actions of your children
8-Through where you live. If you live in chaos thats God speaking to you
etc etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Hades2016(m): 7:35am On Jul 26, 2020
What about through weed ? Because me always hear voices talking to me when I take weed and I believe the voice is from God because it’s deep voice grin grin
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by phemmyfour: 7:37am On Jul 26, 2020
JourneytoEL:
The ability to hear directly from God is one of the greatest achievements any Christian can make on earth. There are 3 types of voices a Christian can hear:
* Voice of flesh(self)
* Voice of the devil
* Voice of God
The goal is to know the voice of God perfectly to recognize the voices of counterfeit, because the devil is a master impersonator. God's words glorify him always, makes you love him the more. God's words can never contradict the Bible. Whenever you hear a voice that contradicts the Word of God know it's from the devil. Very common examples of devil's voices are:
* Go and commit fornication with that church member for more anointing. My grace is sufficient for you.(It is against 1 Cor 6:18)
* Stop attending any church just worship me from your house (God can never tell you to stop attending church services, however he can direct you to another Bible believing Church that will groom you properly). It's against Heb 10:25, Ecc 4:9-11, 1 Thes 5:11.
Etc

How does God speak to us.
Visions and trances
In Acts 10:8, God spoke to Peter through this way and he still does it today. The devil has his own counterfeit. He too can disguise as an angel of light (2 Cor 11:14). He mostly uses astral travel and out of the body experiences. (Whenever you see a vision or supernatural encounter watch out if the name of Jesus is mentioned, if you can speak out His name thrice and watch out for reactions).

Our Conscience
That little still voice telling us to good and judging us is the voice of God. His laws are in the hearts of every human being, however disobeying the voice results in a hardened heart that rarely hears God. Prov 20:27 says the Spirit of man is the lamp of God, searching his innermost heart ( conscience).

Divine Ideas
Attimes during prayers, an idea you weren't thinking of can jump into her heart. That is one the ways God speaks to you. He can also put pressure in your heart to perform a good cause.

Others are the directing us to the Scriptures, dreams, directing us to His true messengers(prophets), through sermons, Christian meditation(not yoga).

Share other ways through which you have heard the voice of God.
You left out the most popular one : Through DREAM

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by emmnprince(m): 7:39am On Jul 26, 2020
Today, God only speak to us through His written word in the Bible.
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Rossonero: 7:40am On Jul 26, 2020
kareemkamil:
Una don come with una lier again
Do you know the truth?
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Amozever12: 7:44am On Jul 26, 2020
chiommy123:
God only speaks to us through the Bible which is his word and the mind of Christ any other thing is guess work
So, records in the bible where God spoke through burning bush to Moses, dreams, visions to Joseph, Samuel, Elijah, Isaiah, John, e.t.c were all guess work, abi? In as much as God speaks through the bible. God also uses other means to speak to His people.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Rossonero: 7:45am On Jul 26, 2020
emmnprince:
Today, God only speak to us through His written word in the Bible.
this is what you think, His ways are not ours.
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by TripA(m): 7:46am On Jul 26, 2020
In my opinion the Bible should not be part of others it actually is the main way we all hear from the Father
not all are graced to see the visions and dreams

but we all have the Bible which is the guide.
I like the fact that you added conscience most don't know that it the holy spirit in us manifesting

we all have the holy Spirit it not a tongue of fire that only believers see but the conscience we all have. and as you grow in grace the holy spirit sharpens your conscience which makes you more upright with God.
and Overall makes you a better Human being

happy sunday folks.
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by TheWalkingMind: 7:47am On Jul 26, 2020
JourneytoEL:
The ability to hear directly from God is one of the greatest achievements any Christian can make on earth. There are 3 types of voices a Christian can hear:
* Voice of flesh(self)
* Voice of the devil
* Voice of God
The goal is to know the voice of God perfectly to recognize the voices of counterfeit, because the devil is a master impersonator. God's words glorify him always, makes you love him the more. God's words can never contradict the Bible. Whenever you hear a voice that contradicts the Word of God know it's from the devil. Very common examples of devil's voices are:
* Go and commit fornication with that church member for more anointing. My grace is sufficient for you.(It is against 1 Cor 6:18)
* Stop attending any church just worship me from your house (God can never tell you to stop attending church services, however he can direct you to another Bible believing Church that will groom you properly). It's against Heb 10:25, Ecc 4:9-11, 1 Thes 5:11.
Etc

Visions and trances
In Acts 10:8, God spoke to Peter through this way and he still does it today. The devil has his own counterfeit. He too can disguise as an angel of light (2 Cor 11:14). He mostly uses astral travel and out of the body experiences. (Whenever you see a vision or supernatural encounter watch out if the name of Jesus is mentioned, if you can speak out His name thrice and watch out for reactions).

Our Conscience
That little still voice telling us to good and judging us is the voice of God. His laws are in the hearts of every human being, however disobeying the voice results in a hardened heart that rarely hears God. Prov 20:27 says the Spirit of man is the lamp of God, searching his innermost heart ( conscience).

Divine Ideas
Attimes during prayers, an idea you weren't thinking of can jump into her heart. That is one the ways God speaks to you. He can also put pressure in your heart to perform a good cause.

Others are the directing us to the Scriptures, dreams, directing us to His true messengers(prophets), through sermons, Christian meditation(not yoga).

No man can hear God directly. None. An angel on the other hand might be the medium of communication.
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by drlaykay(m): 7:48am On Jul 26, 2020
chiommy123:
God only speaks to us through the Bible which is his word and the mind of Christ any other thing is guess work
You better pray to hear from God directly.
I'm not a spirit koko but I can tell u when I truly want to hear from God, I would.
The major problem is our sins, which has created much gap between us and God.
When I wanted to buy my first car, I saw it clearly that the car will give me issues and I heard the interpretations of what I saw. I went ahead with the payment because I liked the car.
I suffered and spent extra cash on the car..
What will you say about those who dream and it comes to past?
Is that the devil speaking to them? Or you think people lie about it?

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by femmyapson(m): 7:48am On Jul 26, 2020
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Rossonero: 7:48am On Jul 26, 2020
Amozever12:

So, records in the bible where God spoke through burning bush to Moses, dreams, visions to Joseph, Samuel, Elijah, Isaiah, John, e.t.c were all guess work, abi? In as much as God speaks through the bible. God also uses other means to speak to His people.
Well said.

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Therapyken(m): 7:50am On Jul 26, 2020
chiommy123:
Heb. 1:1,2.
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Myer(m): 7:53am On Jul 26, 2020
JourneytoEL:
* Voice of flesh(self)
* Voice of the devil
* Voice of God
Etc

Visions and trances

Our Conscience

Divine Ideas

Just out of curiosity, can you share an experience where you heard from God and it came to pass or helped you.
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Phaxxy97: 7:53am On Jul 26, 2020
kareemkamil:
Una don come with una lier again
.Camon can u be serious 4 once at times like diz .
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Newphil: 7:54am On Jul 26, 2020
The creator speaks to everything he created in whatever way it chooses, God doesn't have a specific or streamlined channel of communication.
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Therapyken(m): 7:54am On Jul 26, 2020
Amozever12:

Read Heb. 1:1,2.

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Rossonero: 7:55am On Jul 26, 2020
drlaykay:

You better pray to hear from God directly.
I'm not a spirit koko but I can tell u when I truly want to hear from God, I would.
The major problem is our sins, which has created much gap between us and God.
When I wanted to buy my first car, I saw it clearly that the car will give me issues and I heard the interpretations of what I saw. I went ahead with the payment because I liked the car.
I suffered and spent extra cash on the car..
Weekday about those who dream and it comes to past?
Is that the devil speaking to them? Or you think people lie about it?
Our sins are the major problem of knowing true voice speaking to us at a particular time as u rightly mentioned
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by emmnprince(m): 7:57am On Jul 26, 2020
Rossonero:

It's not what I think. It is what I know.

And I'm not disputing the fact that "His ways are not ours."
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Therapyken(m): 7:59am On Jul 26, 2020
Rossonero:
Well said.
Please read Heb. 1:1,2.
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Rossonero: 7:59am On Jul 26, 2020
TripA:
In my opinion the Bible should not be part of others it actually is the main way we all hear from the Father
not all are graced to see the visions and dreams

but we all have the Bible which is the guide.
I like the fact that you added conscience most don't know that it the holy spirit in us manifesting

we all have the holy Spirit it not a tongue of fire that only believers see but the conscience we all have. and as you grow in grace the holy spirit sharpens your conscience which makes you more upright with God.
and Overall makes you a better Human being

happy sunday folks.
Hmm interesting one here, nice one. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sunday!
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Therapyken(m): 8:00am On Jul 26, 2020
Rossonero:
Please read Heb 1:1,2
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Eyinjuoluwanimi: 8:02am On Jul 26, 2020
paulolee:
am aware of his words coming to me through my conscience especially when am about to make decisions..
but the Truth is that as a Christian, i do hear those 3 voices but just dnt know why i keep going with the Voice of the flesh and the voice of the devil when making decisions..
the country is just too hard and it seems its too difficult to survive if i think one have to be wealthy to really serve GOD in spirit and in Truth..
my point is that its too hard for the poor people in the streets to serve GOD deligently..
God go help us shaa..

You get it wrong bro.......
You can obey the word of God just ask for his grace, and he will definitely help you if you want to.
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Rossonero: 8:07am On Jul 26, 2020
emmnprince:

It's not what I think. It is what I know.

And I'm not disputing the fact that "His ways are not ours."
Alright, but please don't stop here explore the WORD more you might hear HIM through other means. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sunday
Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by titusmichael27(m): 8:07am On Jul 26, 2020
I'm so much in love with this particular thread, the reason being that we need it more than ever. There are many ways God talk to His children. however, we need to pay attention enough to hear Him. I Have this clock on my table. you barely hear the sound from it at noon but, at night the click sound from it is so loud and, sometimes i feel like turning it off. One afternoon, i went really close to it, the sound was still there, just that the turbulence is much at noon than at night and, that's why i was able to hear it better at night. God always speaks, but the challenges of this world make it so hard to hear Him, you need to listen enough to hear Him. The still small voice, the scriptures, living prophets, apostles, evangelists, through good friends and even dreams and many other ways. I know that He lives and, He loves us so much that He wish that we could listen enough to hear Him at all times and in all places and I testify of this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Rebuke: 8:12am On Jul 26, 2020
Effulgent:

God bless you jare
We Got no direct relationship with God except through his word(bible).
The only relationship is on the basis of Jesus

Except when the holy Spirit ministers to us

Please, read Job 33: 14 - 15

Men, today's Christians need to really be deligent in reading the scriptures and seek the help of Holy Spirit for understanding inorder to avoid confusion.

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You by Juell(m): 8:14am On Jul 26, 2020
Why is it that it's only in Islamic threads that one must swear before commenting, why not do same for Christian related threads. See how people are just spamming this thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation / Some People Are Causing Rift Between Buhari And Me – Fr. Mbaka / Four Abia Gay Anglican Priests Dismissed By Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.