Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR (68358 Views)

This Is How The Premier League Table Would Look Without VAR / How The Premier League Table Would Look If Games Only Lasted 80 Minutes / Meet Kelechi Anyikude Who Uses The EPL To Promote The Nigerian Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
mrLhanray:

would it be a penalty for City or Free kick for Liverpool, cos the ref already played advantage

The officals including the var ones were bent. Simple.
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:15pm On Jul 26, 2020
mrLhanray:

your views are clouded, I'm still telling you that if Trent had injured any City player after Silva's armball, it will not be considered. the ref will stop play and blow foul in favour of Liverpool. you need to know that the first situation will always be considered.
The ref played advantage after it hit Trent's arm, nobody saw the goal coming

In all politeness, that is a blatant lie. Show me one article or ruleto support this false claim of yours.

An advantage is not and has never been a leverage to foul.
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:21pm On Jul 26, 2020
mrLhanray:

would it be a penalty for City or Free kick for Liverpool, cos the ref already played advantage

Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by mrLhanray(m): 1:21pm On Jul 26, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Listen to an unbiased review. The officials were bent. No need for the stories you are tdhing to twist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTreCQCmBx0
there are thousands of reviews out there, I can give you their link.

this is what the rule states, tell me the wrong thing the ref did.

The “Advantage Rule” or “Advantage Clause” is originally unique to soccer, whereby the Referee has the responsibility to NOT call an obvious foul if, by stopping play at that moment, the effect would be to cause greater harm to the team that was fouled.  This requirement is contained within Law 5 of the Laws of the Game, “The Referee.”

Under the Powers and Duties section of Law 5, it is stated that “The referee: …allows play to continue when an infringement or offense occurs and the non-offending team will benefit from the advantage and penalizes the infringement or offense if the anticipated advantage does not ensue at that time or within a few seconds.”
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
mrLhanray:

there are thousands of reviews out there.

The “Advantage Rule” or “Advantage Clause” is originally unique to soccer, whereby the Referee has the responsibility to NOT call an obvious foul if, by stopping play at that moment, the effect would be to cause greater harm to the team that was fouled.  This requirement is contained within Law 5 of the Laws of the Game, “The Referee.”

Nothing like advantage rule clause. Keith Hatchett hit the nail on the head. It was a clear penalty. That was why the EPL officials lied about Trent's hand being in a natural position.

Even if they overlooked it, they should have chalked off the goal.

Bent officials.

Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by mrLhanray(m): 1:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Nothing like advantage rule clause. Keith Hatchett hit the nail on the head. It was a clear penalty. That was why the EPL officials lied about Trent's hand being in a natural position.

Bent officials.

you are showing me what this man said, what that man said...
I showed you the rule, you are supposed to counter it with rules not what this man said or that man said. like I said earlier, when it comes to issues like this everybody have their own views, even the ref and VAR officials in that game have their own views too.
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by mrLhanray(m): 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Bent officials.

I asked you earlier, if it had been chalked off, what will preceed it? a penalty to City or Free kick to Liverpool
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by Ibime(m): 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2020
Nezzjnr:
Trash

No agenda against VAR must prosper cheesy

See Chelshit fans consoling themselves

Meanwhile Chelsea fans should be wary of this guy today

Reports has shown that him and Adama are lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I won't talk more than this

grin grin grin
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2020
mrLhanray:

I asked you earlier, if it had been chalked off, what will preceed it? a penalty to City or Free kick to Liverpool

The fact is that it was a penalty.

Simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfWAqElHvuo
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:40pm On Jul 26, 2020
mrLhanray:

there are thousands of reviews out there, I can give you their link.

this is what the rule states, tell me the wrong thing the ref did.

Under the Powers and Duties section of Law 5, it is stated that “The referee: …allows play to continue when an infringement or offense occurs and the non-offending team will benefit from the advantage and penalizes the infringement or offense if the anticipated advantage does not ensue at that time or within a few seconds.”

What you showed here has no relation in anyway to what you are claiming.

In what you posted here, where does it say the team with the advantage is allowed to commit a foul?

If Bernardo committed a foul (which he did not), and the referee gave advantage, Trent then committed a foul (which he did) what part of the thing you posted there, says the referee should overlook Trent's foul?

It was a penalty. Very simple.
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by Seunpaul01(m): 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2020
majamajic:

Man Utd with VAR 63 points

Without 63 point
How they are favoured here ?

Check it again bro. The point is the same but according to the table without VAR they wouldn't be in third position. But ll probably have the same point.
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by mrLhanray(m): 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Simple.

grin
TheGoodJoe:

Simple.

lol, hahahahahahaa!!!!
the ball touched Silva's chest or head right? go and read the football rules again.

Var is here to stay, it will improve overtime just like the goal line technology too.
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by Seunpaul01(m): 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2020
kcy:

Are u blind?

Apparently, I'm not. U need to go and check the table well.

The point is the same but according to the table without VAR they wouldn't be in third position. But ll probably have the same point.
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by mrLhanray(m): 1:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

In what you posted here, where does it say the team with the advantage is allowed to commit a foul?

If Bernardo committed a foul (which he did not), and the referee gave advantage, Trent then committed a foul (which he did) what part of the thing you posted there, says the referee should overlook Trent's foul? th

you can twist it as much as you like, it's there. if the ref had stopped the play after ball it Trent, what will happen to the first foul by Silva. the first foul is the main foul
(the Referee has the responsibility to NOT call an obvious foul if, by stopping play at that moment, the effect would be to cause greater harm to the team that was fouled) read again
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by Seunpaul01(m): 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2020
Nelsizzy:

United are joint 9th for teams that have suffered the most from VAR, with at least 7 teams getting more favors. So my question still remains the same, how's United following Tottenham?

Check it again bro. The point is the same but according to the table without VAR they wouldn't be in third position. But ll probably have the same point. They are in fifth on the no VAR regulation table.
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by mrLhanray(m): 1:56pm On Jul 26, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

If Bernardo committed a foul (which he did not), and the referee gave advantage, Trent then committed a foul (which he did) what part of the thing you posted there, says the referee should overlook Trent's foul?

Wait, Silva did not first commit a foul after changing the direction of the ball with is arms in an unnatural position, but it's Trent own that should stand? lol
If a referee gave an advantage, it's what happens after the first foul that will determine if play should continue or stop. Advantage is decided after the the first action immediately after the foul. ref gave an advantage to after the ball hit Trent and Liverpool cleared their lines, not after Silva committed a foul. Go and read this thing, you are misconstruing this "advantage"

Liverpool won hands down, defeated most teams home and away including the team you support, I feel your pain
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by majamajic(m): 1:57pm On Jul 26, 2020
Seunpaul01:

Check it again bro. The point is the same but according to the table without VAR they wouldn't be in third position. But ll probably have the same point.

That'll not count them among the most favoured
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2020
mrLhanray:

Wait, Silva did not first commit a foul after changing the direction of the ball with is arms in an unnatural position, but it's Trent own that should stand? lol
Liverpool won hands down, defeated most teams home and away including the team you support, I feel your pain

Read and understand.

Bernardo Silva did not commit a foul because he did not score from it, gain possession or control the ball. The rules are clear. No foul.

Trent's hand was in a natural position. Foul.

Clear penalty. You are free to mock, but it does not change the truth.

Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by Getdowntobiznes: 2:04pm On Jul 26, 2020
PresidentAtiku:
VARchester United fans will soon come for you
we need winning from VAR.

Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by DesChyko: 2:04pm On Jul 26, 2020
paulolee:
.. man.u were assited by var

The only thing more despicable than your apparent lack of mastery over English Language is your slippery grasp of facts.

Did you see that Man Utd gained '0' points from the VAR?

To whom brain is given, sense is expected.
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by mrLhanray(m): 2:08pm On Jul 26, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Read and understand.

Bernardo Silva did not commit a foul because he did not score from it, gain possession or control the ball. The rules are clear. No foul.

Trent's hand was in a natural position. Foul.

Clear penalty. You are free to mock, but it does not change the truth.

do I need to also explain the word "foul" to you again? you don't even need to be in possession of the ball or control the ball before you can commit a foul, it doesn't matter what the outcome is.
"Foul" can I see the rules you are talking about
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
mrLhanray:
grin
lol, hahahahahahaa!!!!
the ball touched Silva's chest or head right? go and read the football rules again.

Var is here to stay, it will improve overtime just like the goal line technology too.

I love var with a passion but hate corrupt people handling it.
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2020
mrLhanray:

do I need to also explain the word "foul" to you again? you don't even need to be in possession of the ball or control the ball before you can commit a foul, it doesn't matter what the outcome is.
"Foul" I use to think it's an easy word

A ball bouncing off a player's body to his arm is not a foul.
Bernardo did not commit a foul. Trent did.
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by mrLhanray(m): 2:14pm On Jul 26, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I love var with a passion but hate corrupt people handling it.
Corrupt in the sense that these VAR officials disallowed a clear Liverpool goal against Aston-Villa, Watford and allowed that Brighton goal to stand when Liverpool were still fixing the walls by a keeper that just entered the pitch, or the foul on origi against Man'utd. I hope this is what you mean right

1 Like

Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by mrLhanray(m): 2:16pm On Jul 26, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

A ball bouncing off a player's body to his arm is not a foul.
Bernardo did not commit a foul. Trent did.
ball bouncing off or ball Lovren kicked to clear the lines. the ball was just bouncing by itself, nobody kicked it
Maybe we should discuss about "foul" cos you clearly don't understand.

1 Like

Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by sheyitokz(m): 2:31pm On Jul 26, 2020
life's good as said by drake only the foolish ones will say var neva helped his/her team this season......UP MAU_U
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by sheyitokz(m): 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2020
Getdowntobiznes:
we need winning from VAR.
mumu futbol lover like u will only say this cos no team will say var hznt helped dz season...anyways win na win so goan wipe off d catarrah in ur bbox
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by UnusualJhay(m): 2:40pm On Jul 26, 2020
pondence go show Kante pepper today, watch neves with the outside shot, Traore with the pace and power, RAUL JIMENEZ with the killshot
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by mikron(m): 4:00pm On Jul 26, 2020
Nezzjnr:
Trash

No agenda against VAR must prosper cheesy

See Chelshit fans consoling themselves

Meanwhile Chelsea fans should be wary of this guy today

Reports has shown that him and Adama are lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I won't talk more than this
grin
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by BabaIbo: 5:22pm On Jul 26, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

No one is justifying anything. The referee missed the city case against Swansea. If there was far he would have acted. In the case for Liverpool, there was var, they saw it and chode to favor Liverpool due to bias.

View it from a neutral position/perspertive, you will see it clearer and you will also understand it better.
Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by Adjovi: 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

The answer is in the first few minutes of the video. Watch and elucidate yourself on why the call of the referee was clearly biased in favour of Liverpool. Note, Crouch in the studio is a former Liverpool player.

Did you even watch the video yourself. If the ball didn't hit silver in his hand then it would have been a penalty but the ball hit solvers hand so automatically it cancels any possibility of the penalty. That's why the pundits said, but as usual anything that favours your opinion. Cry me a River. Liverpool were better than all the teams in the league this season.

1 Like

Re: What The EPL Table Would Look Like Without VAR by zeestone99(m): 11:08pm On Jul 26, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

The answer is in the first few minutes of the video. Watch and elucidate yourself on why the call of the referee was clearly biased in favour of Liverpool. Note, Crouch in the studio is a former Liverpool player.

I don't need the video,it's your opinion I need. All I want is a yes or no.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) / Argentina Vs Nigeria: Man Of The Match / Anthony Joshua Trains Hard, Flaunts Amazing Physique Ahead Of Andy Ruiz Rematch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.