Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin (52604 Views)

Buhari Was Not Removed When He Presented Replacement GCE Full Of Errors - Omokri / Obaseki Was Oshiomhole's Best Man At His Wedding To Iara (Throwback Photos) / Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by BrightAhiah(m): 10:04am On Jul 26, 2020
Let's see who wins online poll

Like for APC
Share for PDP
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by One4me: 10:05am On Jul 26, 2020
Therapyken:
When you pray to God finish, you pray to your ancestors, like not putting your eggs in one basket. Oba wehdone sa!

This is how these foolish Obas mess themselves Up and later claim Politicians dont respect them!
Now, imagine if Ize-Iyamu wins the election, will the same Oba use his Mouth to say he was supporting Iyamu?
What if like in the case of Kano, he gets "Ganduje-ed" for his partisan and anti-party activities?
Would it not have been better, for such Oba to stay-clear and then support who ever emerges as winner?
That is how smart Obas do!
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 26, 2020
It was gathered that crisis started when supporters of Obaseki were chanting pro Obaseki slogan while those loyal to the APC candidate, who were at the palace waiting for some APC chieftains allegedly invited to a function at the palace, were also chanting slogans to disparage the governor.

You really can't take the thuggery out of APC... what where they doing at the palace during Obasekis appointment, when they had no business being there.
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by mofe1(m): 10:07am On Jul 26, 2020
whoever get oba's support, gets to govern the state, kudos GGO
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by friday2011(m): 10:07am On Jul 26, 2020
sigiyaya:
Just look at the people we have as leader. Just imagine the nonsense the Oba is saying what kind of useless prayer is that.

Our leaders are all sycophant and daft..

Pls which part of the write up is it that you dont understand...?

When did it become a sin for the oba to grant a prayer request from someone...

The governor simply requested that the oba pray for grace for him to complete his tenure 3-4 years ago...And he obliged.

He also prayed for a peaceful election and that a candidate that will move the state forward and also create employment for the teaming youth to emerge as winner...

The oba was never biased in his statement...

The Oba of Benin is not a monarch you just type rubish about on social media...
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by Jabioro: 10:20am On Jul 26, 2020
Sycophants talk, sycophants prayer.. silent at times is better than spewing trashes from respected Chief..
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by Eteka1(m): 10:21am On Jul 26, 2020
sapientia:
Obaseki have Won.

Take it to the bank.
Una de always win elections on social media na.
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by PenSniper: 10:23am On Jul 26, 2020
Macphenson:
This is a tactical endorsement and approval for Obaseki continuity, from Oba himself.

This means the Oba is not in support of any form of godfatherism.

Truely Edo is not Lagos.

You got the gist.
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by realstars: 10:25am On Jul 26, 2020
Oshimole Must Be Arrested, For Peace To Raign.
This Is The War Saw See War That Osho Wanted To Plant In Aks, I Think This Will Not Be Too Good For Edo State Election.
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by Consultville(m): 10:26am On Jul 26, 2020
Don't die in their war
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by Misterdhee1(m): 10:27am On Jul 26, 2020
sinistermind:
Another 4 years. Let's put an end to Godfatherism in politics in Nigeria. It is a first step to development in Nigeria.
Is godfatherism also the reason why Abia State governor shared kerosene as dividends of democracy?
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by realstars: 10:33am On Jul 26, 2020
BrightAhiah:
Let's see who wins online poll
Like for APC Share for PDP
Will You Like To Join APC?
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by Elsiedaniels(f): 10:33am On Jul 26, 2020
Here
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by BrightAhiah(m): 10:40am On Jul 26, 2020
realstars:
Will You Like To Join APC?

I'm not a politician nor it's agent
I usually work as adhoc staff, tnx for ur offer...
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by DeRay98(m): 10:42am On Jul 26, 2020
sigiyaya:
Just look at the people we have as leader. Just imagine the nonsense the Oba is saying what kind of useless prayer is that.

Make Fire burn that finger you used to type this rubbish and the heart you used to conceive this thought.
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by Amsickindahead: 10:52am On Jul 26, 2020
No reasonable person was involve in dat fight..only dumb bleeps were involved
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by wetmenow: 10:52am On Jul 26, 2020
sigiyaya:

Why pained?
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by KingGBsky(m): 10:54am On Jul 26, 2020
sinistermind:
Another 4 years. Let's put an end to Godfatherism in politics in Nigeria. It is a first step to development in Nigeria.

As much as I don’t like godfatherism... Obaseki last 4 years is nothing to write home about. It’s just all but shambles. When you compare him to the achievements of Oshiomhole he is far way behind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by Abyima(m): 10:59am On Jul 26, 2020
Oba no dey go transfer. cheesy Oba Gha For Kpe E.
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by sigiyaya(m): 11:18am On Jul 26, 2020
DeRay98:

Make Fire burn that finger you used to type this rubbish and the heart you used to conceive this thought.
Oga come down jooor, you know that fire will not burn my fingers and heart but your stup!dty will not allow you to admit that. When i posted that comment i know that F00lish people like you will come to attack me and defend your slave masters. Why cant you take your time to think of why you dont have a good pay Job, No electricity, no good road and drainage system, no good drinking water, no good hospitals, no good school and quality education for your children, no security of lives and property etc. Every 4 years you come back to reinforce your calamity. If you dont have pity upon yourself please pity your children or your next generation yet unborn, Just reject Stupidity....

1 Like

Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by Simbrixton(m): 11:38am On Jul 26, 2020
zudozz:
One of the few things I like about Benin...The Oba!
orominyan's son
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by Ogbeniomo: 11:45am On Jul 26, 2020
QuickStandard:
I wish no life is lost in these forthcoming elections.There was no any major election in Nigeria without lost of lives Oga.

We buy used Inverter batteries. Check Sig for contact details
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by realstars: 11:47am On Jul 26, 2020
BrightAhiah:

I'm not a politician nor it's agent I usually work as adhoc staff, tnx for ur offer...
Ywc. Adhoc Staff ! I Know Their Way. The Battle Is At The Poolling Units.

1 Like

Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by 49cents(m): 11:50am On Jul 26, 2020
MRSAWEDOFF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzL9fuoOV2A

The Oba of Benin, Ewuare II, on Saturday, said his prayers sustained governor Godwin Obaseki for four years as governor of the state. He stated this in Benin when governor Obaseki led some governors, senators and other top ranking official of the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) to his palace on a courtesy call.

He said: “I remembered when I visited governor Obaseki in his office, he asked me to pray for him to be able to complete his tenure in office. “And I did and today, he has not been impeached despite the ups and downs and I thank my God and my ancestors for answering my prayers.” According to him, plans were on top gear to call the Edo State Council of Traditional Rulers and Chiefs to pray for a peaceful election in the state.

“God and his ancestors have been answering my prayers whenever I prayed and the forthcoming governorship election will not be an exception,” he said. Oba Ewuare II said the Palace was always non partisan, but prayed for the person who has the intention of providing good leadership for the people of the state and create employment “so that the people will be able to put foods on their tables.” Earlier, the National Chairman of the party,

Chief Secondus Uche, told the Benin monarch that they were at the palace to seek his blessings and permission to go on with their campaign in the state. In his speech, governor Godwin Obaseki told the monarch that he decided to visit the palace to seek his blessings before continuing with his campaign. Thugs clash at Oba palace Meanwhile, thugs suspected to be loyalists of All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate, Ize-Iyamu Osagie and that of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)’s flag bearer, clashed around the palace of the Oba of Benin on Saturday. It was learnt that there was exchange of gun fire by the loyalists of the duo, leading to destruction of vehicles while several persons sustained injuries.

It was gathered that crisis started when supporters of Obaseki were chanting pro Obaseki slogan while those loyal to the APC candidate, who were at the palace waiting for some APC chieftains allegedly invited to a function at the palace, were also chanting slogans to disparage the governor. It was further gathered that after the governor and his entourage had left the palace, the loyalists engaged in a fight, with the APC – who were more in number – having the upper hand. It was learnt that the loyalists of PDP then ran to the Ogbe Stadium, the venue of the flag off of the campaign and informed their members who stormed the ring road area to engaged the APC supporters.

Source told our reporter that several persons of both side were injured while many vehicles were destroyed. It, however, took the intervention of the police to bring the situation under control.

SOURCE: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-obaseki-was-not-removed-as-governor-oba-of-benin.html

A very honourable first class monarch unlike the one in Lagos who is in the pocket of tinubu
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by ogbolu0147(m): 11:52am On Jul 26, 2020
sigiyaya:

NA MY OBA DEY TALK NONSENSE.... YOUR MADNESS IS UNIQUE...
U BETTER RETRACT THAT STATEMENT BEFORE THE gods MAKE U MAD...
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by sigiyaya(m): 11:56am On Jul 26, 2020
ogbolu0147:

NA MY OBA DEY TALK NONSENSE.... YOUR MADNESS IS UNIQUE...
U BETTER RETRACT THAT STATEMENT BEFORE THE gods MAKE U MAD...
Oga come down jooor. When i posted that comment i know that F00lish people like you will come to attack me and defend your slave masters. Why cant you take your time to think of why you dont have a good pay Job, No electricity, no good road and drainage system, no good drinking water, no good hospitals, no good school and quality education for your children, no security of lives and property etc. Every 4 years you come back to reinforce your calamity. If you dont have pity upon yourself please pity your children or your next generation yet unborn, Just reject Stupidity
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by frankyychiji(f): 11:58am On Jul 26, 2020
sigiyaya:

E pain am!
Oba Lilwayne of Lagos threatened to drown Igbos in the Atlantic if they didn't vote for Ambode and you applauded. Hypocrites!
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by sigiyaya(m): 12:04pm On Jul 26, 2020
frankyychiji:
E pain am!
Oba Lilwayne of Lagos threatened to drown Igbos in the Atlantic if they didn't vote for Ambode and you applauded. Hypocrites!
Oga come down jooor. When i posted that comment i know that F00lish people like you will come to attack me and defend your slave masters. Why cant you take your time to think of why you dont have a good pay Job, No electricity, no good road and drainage system, no good drinking water, no good hospitals, no good school and quality education for your children, no security of lives and property etc. Every 4 years you come back to reinforce your calamity. If you dont have pity upon yourself please pity your children or your next generation yet unborn, Just reject Stupidity
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by Ategberoson(m): 12:08pm On Jul 26, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Good to know

For Obaseki and the good people of Edo state, it's forward ever .

No more godfatherism in Edo state because Edo no be Lagos .

but Cabal with the help of supreme court give you your Governor, why can't you resist it?

at least the godfather that decide in Lagos is a tribesman, no be aboki cabal dey appoint your Governor for you grin

shameless lots
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by imagrg(m): 12:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
A tooth for a tooth.

ANYWAY, GET BELOW..TO EARN FREE!
Re: Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin by selemempe: 12:15pm On Jul 26, 2020
sigiyaya:

as far as the oba supports Tinubu... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo Raises A Private “Army” For President Tinubu / Obasanjo Carries Albino Boy On His Shoulder In Abuja (Photos) / Magnus Abe Wins, As Appeal Court Sacks All PDP Senators In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.