Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

The Most Abused Form Of Prayer. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Most Abused Form Of Prayer. (263 Views)

How My Father, TB Joshua Abused Me – Ajoke, Daughter Had Outside Wedlock / Almajiris: Rejected By Parents, Scorned By Society & Abused By Politicians / Malachi 3 Is The Most Abused Tithing Text In The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Abused Form Of Prayer. by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 26, 2020
Prayer is really one of the best thing a person can do to commune with his or her creator. Miracles have happened due to prayer and faith. However, I believe the most abused form of prayer is SPEAKING IN TONGUE!!! It has become a comedy. Almost everyone claims to speak in tongues. It's gotten so bad that if I happen to be praying anywhere and they start speaking in tongues, I have to hold myself from laughing, and this even goes for priests, pastors, everyone. You'll see churches teaching how to speak in tongues. It's just crazy. I remember working somewhere back in 2014 and I could speak my supervisor's "tongues". It was basically kuriamamamama. No where was it written in the bible that God won't answer your prayers if you don't speak in tongues. Don't show off if you haven't been led by the spirit to speak in tongues. You just might end up carrying a heavy load of spiritual vengeance on your head. My 1 kobo opinion though. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: The Most Abused Form Of Prayer. by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 26, 2020
This part cracked me up and I quote

‘ Don't show off if you haven't been led by the spirit to speak in tongues’

1 Like

Re: The Most Abused Form Of Prayer. by psucc(m): 9:36am On Jul 26, 2020
Today's Christian is what I termed "mechanical". They only learn but refused to be led by the Holy Spirit.

I sometimes felt bad and asked if these tongue speakers do not read their Bible and to rub salt to injury, they do so at high pitches. In fact, I passed through on Street and the level of Prayer(not actually but noise) was so much that I uttered that "but God is not there"(May God forgive me).

If only we can succumb to the leadership of the Holy Spirit, there and then can we "speak" aright.

God help us
Re: The Most Abused Form Of Prayer. by Tuska: 10:38am On Jul 26, 2020
PoshBoss007:
Prayer is really one of the best thing a person can do to commune with his or her creator. Miracles have happened due to prayer and faith. However, I believe the most abused form of prayer is SPEAKING IN TONGUE!!! It has become a comedy. Almost everyone claims to speak in tongues. It's gotten so bad that if I happen to be praying anywhere and they start speaking in tongues, I have to hold myself from laughing, and this even goes for priests, pastors, everyone. You'll see churches teaching how to speak in tongues. It's just crazy. I remember working somewhere back in 2014 and I could speak my supervisor's "tongues". It was basically kuriamamamama. No where was it written in the bible that God won't answer your prayers if you don't speak in tongues. Don't show off if you haven't been led by the spirit to speak in tongues. You just might end up carrying a heavy load of spiritual vengeance on your head. My 1 kobo opinion though. Shalom.

Prayer can't be abused.
Re: The Most Abused Form Of Prayer. by Kobojunkie: 3:03pm On Jul 26, 2020
psucc:
Today's Christian is what I termed "mechanical". They only learn but refused to be led by the Holy Spirit.

I sometimes felt bad and asked if these tongue speakers do not read their Bible and to rub salt to injury, they do so at high pitches. In fact, I passed through on Street and the level of Prayer(not actually but noise) was so much that I uttered that "but God is not there"(May God forgive me).

If only we can succumb to the leadership of the Holy Spirit, there and then can we "speak" aright.

God help us
God is not in your world-churches, nothing wrong with admitting that truth. He has never been there and has no intention to to align Himself with it even now
Re: The Most Abused Form Of Prayer. by psucc(m): 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:
God is not in your world-churches, nothing wrong with admitting that truth. He has never been there and has no intention to to align Himself with it even now
Please can you elaborate on your post?
Re: The Most Abused Form Of Prayer. by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2020
psucc:
Please can you elaborate on your post?

Your world-churches were not part of God's plan from the beginning. They were built on the doctrines and traditions of men(the world) and are run by men who claim they do so on behalf of God. God never asked for such so yes, God dos not make Himself a part of man's plan. It is His way or nothing at all.
Re: The Most Abused Form Of Prayer. by psucc(m): 4:46pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Your world-churches were not part of God's plan from the beginning. They were built on the doctrines and traditions of men(the world) and are run by men who claim they do so on behalf of God. God never asked for such so yes, God dos not make Himself a part of man's plan. It is His way or nothing at all.
Still, please which is "His Way"? I'll love to know it?
Re: The Most Abused Form Of Prayer. by Kobojunkie: 5:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
psucc:
Still, please which is "His Way"? I'll love to know it?

The way? Jesus Christ, the New Covenant that God promised all nations, is the only way, and the key is obedience, not prayer.

As Jesus Christ said, one will need to become like a Child (abandon all previous knowledge claimed of God and the things of God) so that God can Himself teach anew that which He has for His children to know of Him I.e. His truth as opposed to the lies that many have been fed by men and previous delusions.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Nairaland Hiding My Link? / Pastor E.A Adeboye And Wife Celebrate 53rd Wedding Anniversary (photos, Video) / Next 3-10years Before Rapture Happens.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.