Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:32 PM

2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? (2151 Views)

Lexus Rx 350 or Mercedes Benz GLK 350: Which Is Better? / Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 / Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by Kccheechy(m): 10:59am On Jul 26, 2020
2012 BMW x6, Range Rover evoque, 2014 Lexus RX 350 and 2012 acura zdx. Which do you to think is best? Anyone who has handled any of these machines before should please advice me.please help me make a choice!! I have the BMW X6 in mind though But the other machines are tempting to me too
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by DaInferno(m): 11:37am On Jul 26, 2020
rrrrrange!
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by Ofunwachine2028: 11:53am On Jul 26, 2020
I'm here for one thing,
exclude Lexus for the competition cheesy
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by Diegostan(m): 11:56am On Jul 26, 2020
Kccheechy:
2012 BMW x6, Range Rover evoque, 2014 Lexus RX 350 and 2012 acura zdx. Which do you to think is best? Anyone who has handled any of these machines before should please advice me.please help me make a choice!! I have the BMW X6 in mind though But the other machines are tempting to me too

What year for the evogue
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by Kccheechy(m): 12:08pm On Jul 26, 2020
Diegostan:

What year for the evogue
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by Kccheechy(m): 12:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
Ofunwachine2028:
I'm here for one thing,
exclude Lexus for the competition cheesy
you think Lexus is the best of them?
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by Diegostan(m): 12:32pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kccheechy:

In this country Lexus should be your best pick
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by Kccheechy(m): 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2020
Diegostan:

In this country Lexus should be your best pick
because of maintenance? Does it mean that BMW parts are scarce in Nigeria?
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2020
The Lexus is probably the best option, tbh. Solid and reliable but at the expense of being bland in terms of driving dynamics. Otherwise, it's a comfortable, feature-packed car.

The X6 has the most presence but may quickly turn into a money pit. Maybe, maybe not. Probably, though.

I'm not a fan of the Evoque. I think it looks pretty feminine. Also, I tend not to recommend JLR products.

The ZDX is a balance between the Lexus and the X6.

1 Like

Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by kingreign(m): 2:19pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kccheechy:

For peace of mind, simplicity and longevity and practicality, go with the Lexus RX pls.

1 Like

Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by willian10: 2:50pm On Jul 26, 2020
If you ll have a second car, then go for d bmw, u ll shake anywhere you go to.
If u will own just one, then go for the Lexus cos of d reliability
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by Diegostan(m): 3:42pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kccheechy:
because of maintenance? Does it mean that BMW parts are scarce in Nigeria?

Scarce, more expensive in the market and quite a hand full of mechanics can repair the car properly when the need comes.
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:12pm On Jul 26, 2020
If you decide to go for the x6, drastically avoid the V8. Strictly get the straight six. They no dey use mouth tell person. That V8 is the most useless engine ever made.

1 Like

Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
If you decide to go for the x6, drastically avoid the V8. Strictly get the straight six. They no dey use mouth tell person. That V8 is the most useless engine ever made.

grin grin
BMW V8s are garbage.
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by nurey(m): 8:14am On Jul 27, 2020
Range Rover Evoque, it's small, chick, dependable and has the ability to out Run and out gun any nonsense on the highway.
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:18am On Jul 27, 2020
nurey:
Range Rover Evoque, it's small, chick, dependable and has the ability to out Run and out gun any nonsense on the highway.

>Dependable
>Outrun wetin with 240 HP?

1 Like

Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by nurey(m): 8:39am On Jul 27, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

>Dependable
>Outrun wetin with 240 HP?

So are you saying the Evoque can't outrun a 4cylinder Camry or Corolla on the highway because it has 240hp? 240 is just a number not a determinant of performance kapish grin
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:26am On Jul 27, 2020
nurey:

So are you saying the Evoque can't outrun a 4cylinder Camry or Corolla on the highway because it has 240hp? 240 is just a number not a determinant of performance kapish grin

Sounds like you think it's a fast car because it's a Range Rover.
240 HP in a 4000 lb car is nothing impressive at all.

0-60 in 6.9s.
1/4 mile in 15.1 at 93mph.

2007 Camry V6.
0-60 in 6.5s.

And yes, horsepower, along with weight, determines performance. It's simple physics.

Sure, it can outrun a 4 pot Camry or Corolla, but there are a bunch of cars it loses to on Nigerian roads. The Evoque is NOT a performance CUV.

3 Likes

Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by nurey(m): 9:36am On Jul 27, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Sounds like you think it's a fast car because it's a Range Rover.
240 HP in a 4000 lb car is nothing impressive at all.

0-60 in 6.9s.
1/4 mile in 15.1 at 93mph.

2007 Camry V6.
0-60 in 6.5s.

And yes, horsepower, along with weight, determines performance. It's simple physics.

Sure, it can outrun a 4 pot Camry or Corolla, but there are a bunch of cars it loses to on Nigerian roads. The Evoque is NOT a performance CUV.

Oga, don't put words in my mouth grin I said it can outrun and outgun any nonsense on the highway grin I never said it was a performance car, seems you have a BS with JLR products tongue
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:43am On Jul 27, 2020
nurey:

Oga, don't put words in my mouth grin I said it can outrun and outgun any nonsense on the highway grin I never said it was a performance car, seems you have a BS with JLR products tongue

Agree that you were wrong so we can move on. grin
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by nurey(m): 9:49am On Jul 27, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Agree that you were wrong so we can move on. grin
I am wrong, you are right
I am small, you are big
and there is nothing I can do about it grin
hope you are happy now? tongue

2 Likes

Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:00am On Jul 27, 2020
nurey:

I am wrong, you are right

I am small, you are big

and there is nothing I can do about it grin

hope you are happy now? tongue

Yes, I'm very happy now. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by Hauptmann: 11:12am On Jul 27, 2020
The so called expert keeps posting wrong and at best misleading information, when he gets called out, he tries to use humor to evade the issue.

Oga well done o.
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by nurey(m): 11:43am On Jul 27, 2020
Hauptmann:
The so called expert keeps posting wrong and at best misleading information, when he gets called out, he tries to use humor to evade the issue.

Oga well done o.

I never called myself an expert or whatever name you give me, just like Jesus responded when he was told they labelled him as a Messiah.

If you are patient enough you will get what you are looking for grin, on last note, I wish you good luck cause you will really need it tongue

2 Likes

Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:09pm On Jul 27, 2020
Hauptmann:

Oga well done o.

What a stupid comment.
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by nurey(m): 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

What a stupid comment.

Please do avoid muddling in a showdown between I and the guy grin he is after my downfall, probably I must have offended the thing in the past I am not privy of, let him continue chasing shadows till he chokes on it tongue
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by Kccheechy(m): 8:07am On Jul 28, 2020
nurey:
so the Range Rover is better than the x6 on the road??
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by Kccheechy(m): 8:15am On Jul 28, 2020
I want a car that has got an appealing exterior luxurious interior, and a wonderful performance.. I feel the X6 has got both appealing exterior and wonderful performance. ZDX has got appealing exterior and luxurious interior while the Lexus and Range Rover has got luxurious interior and wonderful performance ... I'm just confused. I would have gone for the Range Rover but it lacks space in the interior
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by nurey(m): 8:29am On Jul 28, 2020
Kccheechy:
so the Range Rover is better than the x6 on the road??

the badge alone puts you among the top dogs, the 2.0L Ecoboost engine is rated high in practicality, available for several Ford lineups.

Not the fastest, not loudest but a good vehicle none the less. it still boils down to what you want in your choice, but with your list, I know you won't have problem maintaining any of those cars you end up buying
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:58am On Jul 28, 2020
Kccheechy:
I want a car that has got an appealing exterior luxurious interior, and a wonderful performance.. I feel the X6 has got both appealing exterior and wonderful performance. ZDX has got appealing exterior and luxurious interior while the Lexus and Range Rover has got luxurious interior and wonderful performance ... I'm just confused. I would have gone for the Range Rover but it lacks space in the interior

Just buy the ZDX, chief. It's a great car. Shares parts with the MDX, so parts or maintenence won't be a problem.
Oh, and SH-AWD makes a better drive than the RX350 and Evoque.

And yes, the Evoque is pretty small inside. It's a compact CUV. The early EcoBoost engines were also terrible. That's the engine on the Evoque. You can never compare a 300 HP 3.7L V6 to a shitty turbocharged 4 cylinder, in terms of power delivery.

Buy the ZDX.
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by FirstSon01: 12:30pm On Jul 28, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Just buy the ZDX, chief. It's a great car. Shares parts with the MDX, so parts or maintenence won't be a problem.
Oh, and SH-AWD makes a better drive than than RX350 and Evoque.

And yes, the Evoque is pretty small inside. It's a compact CUV. The early EcoBoost engines were also terrible. That's the engine on the Evoque. You can never compare a 300 HP 3.7L V6 to a shitty turbocharged 4 cylinder, in terms of power delivery.

Buy the ZDX.

I think op wants a car that will attract a lot of attention and then the Evoque will be nice. About power I don't think anyone can pull up more than 180 km/hr on the average Nigerian road. So the Evoque goes well as for the eco stuff you guys mentioned being a bit messy, well I'm not a car engine savvy person so maybe that'll be a bad idea. The ZDX is manly though grin
Re: 2012 BMW X6, Range Rover Evoque, Lexus RX 350 Or Acura Zdx. Which Do I Go For? by Billiebaba(m): 12:56pm On Jul 28, 2020
OP my best advise is go with what you love and have passion for, ensure you have a good mechanic that does not throw parts, get a mech that will find the problem of a car before repairing. Lastly anyone your mind go with, ensure you go with a tech that will scrutinise the vehicle well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Is The Cheapest You Can Get A Toyota Corolla 2006 TOKUNBO? / Frequent Timing Belt Issue / Who Can Remember The Name Of This Car? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.