Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) (42883 Views)

‘One Elephant Is Out Of The Road’ – Fubara Celebrates Victory, Hails Wike As Oga / I Will Consult My Wife, Others If Tinubu Offers Me Appointment – Wike (Video) / 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Mraphel: 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

Forget Igbo people, they don’t have sense

Let them tell you how Ikwerre migrated from Igbo land they can not. But this an Oba of Benin speaking and yet the igbos keep behaving like fools because they don’t have respect for their elders over there.
If Igbo don't respect Oba of Benin who will they respect?
Have not seen any Ikwere complaining abt what the monarch said.

Igbo really wanted access to the sea thru PH

4 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
Mraphel:

The first Oba of Bini migrated from Ife with d title of Oba.

Why is Eze not used in Onitsha and other places in d East?
Why does Oyo have alafin instead of oba?, Why does ijebuland have awujala instead of Oba?

4 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
Mraphel:

If Igbo don't respect Oba of Benin who will they respect?
Have not seen any Ikwere complaining abt what the monarch said.

Igbo really wanted access to the sea thru PH
Ikwerre people does not have access to the sea, ijaw people completely covers them, tell us another lie

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 26, 2020
Mraphel:

Olu is Yoruba but Olu of warri doesn't mean he's Yoruba
Thank you, So don't dispute the fact that EZE is igbo

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

We are not complaining, we are very happy
I know you are happy, You need to stop using all Igbo words ASAP and switch to Bini words cos using Igbo shows you are not proud of your history

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2020
900winer:

Was this surppose to get angry or what? cheesy Chai! Ikwerrepikin most have been hard on you grin Pele
Hard on me, ewedu really reduces brain capacity, stop eating this foul thing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2020
Mraphel:

Oba is Yoruba yet Yoruba aren't saying Bini people are Yoruba.

Eze may not necessarily Igbo

Oba is not a Yoruba word and Yoruba chiefs adopted it in the 1930's. The original owner is the Oba of Benin. Omo n'Oba n'Edo.

6 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by IkwerrePikin: 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2020
IspitonCowards:
I know you are happy, You need to stop using all Igbo words ASAP and switch to Bini words cos using Igbo shows you are not proud of your history

Have you all change your english names and stop writing and speaking in English??

8 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2020
Mraphel:

Olu is Yoruba but Olu of warri doesn't mean he's Yoruba
Try and prove things you say rather than just rambling.
The name Yoruba is a child of the name yar.iba and they are both new names.
Yoruba is a new tribe, the title Olu predates the name Yoruba.
African revisionism has to stop now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 26, 2020
IspitonCowards:
Thank you, So don't dispute the fact that EZE is igbo
Prove it ! Also what is wrong with you Igbo ?
The people tell you they are not Igbo and you keep arguing with them ?
You know them more than they know themselves ?

3 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2020
The Ikwere are Benin descendants. The south-east people either you like it or not, the Ikwere are Benin descendants and they don't need your permission to be !
You guys have mental problems trying to debate a people's identity with the people.
The Igbo are an inland sets of tribes, either you like it or not !
Your brothers in the middle belt whom are in their ancestral land, those ones you don't give a fvck about, because they have no resources, no access to the sea. Instead you are trying to force people whom are not Igbo to call themselves Igbo. Just because they have access to the sea and ressources.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

Prove it ! Also what is wrong with you Igbo ?
The people tell you they are not Igbo and you keep arguing with them ?
You know them more than they know themselves ?
Prove your Oba title, also who is arguing anything?.....I agree ikwerres are Bini they don't behave anything like Igbos, So they should make their Bini'ness reflect in their names and language, Don't be Bini and you are callin God "chukwu" and Not "Osa" like all Bini people
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
I have to remind the southeastern people that a lot of their titles were given to them by the British who were trying to centralise a previously decentralised and disorganized set of tribes called the Igbos.
So from that point on, Igbos should stop claiming they own titles !

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
IspitonCowards:
Hard on me, ewedu really reduces brain capacity, stop eating this foul thing
Lolz... cheesy

I feel your pain grin you are free to keep on posting this pics to console youself cheesy am impressed grin

4 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 3:32pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:
Try and prove things you say rather than just rambling. The name Yoruba is a child of the name yar.iba and they are both new names. Yoruba is a new tribe, the title Olu predates the name Yoruba. African revisionism has to stop now.
How does Ya.riba relate with Yoruba?
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

Have you all change your english names and stop writing and speaking in English??

Underneath English we have our IGBO language, ikwerre speaks Igbo and English and totally left out their Bini native language, it's really pitiful cry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by OfoIgbo: 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2020
Mraphel:

Oba of Benin's origin has absolutely nothing to do with Ife.
Benin Oba tradition is way older than Ife.

Oba remains a title in Nri till date, and it doesn't mean King (Eze or Igwe). It is perhaps one of the highest titles in Nri territories, beside that of the Eze or Igwe.

In Benin, Oba doesn't also mean king. That immediately reveals the Benin obas are not spin-offs from Ife.
In Yorubaland, Oba means king, which is probably an idea they got from Benin, thinking it meant king in Bini.

Up until a little over a hundred years ago, Eze Nris bestowed the ofo on every Oba of Benin and Attah of Igala.

The Ooni of Ife never bestowed anything on the Oba of Benin. The Nris would have been aware of such a thing. Thank God Portuguese explorers made it to Benin during the reigns of Oba Ewuare and Oba Ozolua in the 1400s to confirm the pre-eminence of Nri cultural supremacy of Benin.
If those explorers had visited Ife, the Ooni of Ife would have told the Portuguese about the Nri cultural supremacy of Ife at that particular time also.

Never mess with Nri. Again, as I wrote sometime ago, when the Nris speak, the true Igbo territories will be known.

Pay no attention to some cultural journeymen in Igboland at the moment, like the Aguleris and others. When Nri speaks, Nigeria will know.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
IspitonCowards:
Prove your Oba title, also who is arguing anything?.....I agree ikwerres are Bini they don't behave anything like Igbos, So they should make their Bini'ness reflect in their names and language, Don't be Bini and you are callin God "chukwu" and Not "Osa" like all Bini people

Well, in case you are unaware, like so many other ignorant africans, Europeans have been in contact with west Africa since the middle ages.
They drew maps and wrote texts showing what they saw.
Also many precolonial pictures survived with original captions showing the titles of the kings in the pictures. No Yoruba was described as Oba in those texts or pictures. The Oba of Benin was.
The title was in a way stolen by the Yoruba in the 1930's.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Haywhysat: 3:35pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

Oba is not a Yoruba word and Yoruba chiefs adopted it in the 1930's. The original owner is the Oba of Benin. Omo n'Oba n'Edo.
lol, so people like OBAfemi Awolowo started bearing Oba in 1930? And the same meaning Oba has in the name Obafemi is still same with that of Oba for title of King...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 26, 2020
900winer:

I'm in deep pain as an Afonja he goat
I feel your pain bro seek help
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 26, 2020
Mraphel:

Yoruba people and their stupid stories.
Look, no Oba of Benin ever migrated from ife.
Before ife even existed, Benin Empire was already trading with Europeans.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 26, 2020
Haywhysat:
lol, so people like OBAfemi Awolowo started bearing Oba in 1930? And the same meaning Oba has in the name Obafemi is still same with that of Oba for title of King...
Following your logics, obama must be a Yoruba, right ?
Look, I gave you facts.
The title Oba is from the Oba of Benin !

Sanity33:

Well, in case you are unaware, like so many other ignorant africans, Europeans have been in contact with west Africa since the middle ages.
They drew maps and wrote texts showing what they saw.
Also many precolonial pictures survived with original captions showing the titles of the kings in the pictures. No Yoruba was described as Oba in those texts or pictures. The Oba of Benin was.
The title was in a way stolen by the Yoruba in the 1930's.

3 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2020
900winer:

that's your original name, you don't even know your culture grin

3 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2020
900winer:

Wow.
Yar.iba transformed into Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 3:41pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

Lies we have trashed you guyz and we will do it again, the name Oba have exited among the Yoruba for thousands of years, that is why we have names like Obatala, Obatedo etc Oba means king in Yoruba now what is the meaning of Oba in Edo language?

5 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 26, 2020
900winer:

Lies we have trashed you guyz and we will do it again, the name Oba have exited among the Yoruba for millions of years, that his why we have names like Obatala, Obatedo etc Oba means king in Yoruba now what is the meaning of Oba in Edo language?
Dude you are so deluded that this isn't funny anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 3:43pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

Wow.
Yar.iba transformed into Yoruba.
What is the meaning of Ya.riba? and how did it relate with Yoruba? thats what i asked you
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2020
900winer:

What is the meaning of Ya.riba? and how did it relate with Yoruba? thats what i asked you
Fvck what you asked for. I gave you facts.
It is not my fault that you are in denial !
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by OfoIgbo: 3:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

You will also have to change Ikwerre town names like RumuIgbo, which clearly means IGBO PEOPLE, and RumuIbekwe which clearly means IBEKWE's children.

Or even better, non Igbos from Ikwerreland may have to vacate any Ikwerre town with an Igbo sounding name, as they are clearly Igbo towns.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 26, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Oba of Benin's origin has absolutely nothing to do with Ife.
Benin Oba tradition is way older than Ife.

Oba remains a title in Nri till date, and it doesn't mean King (Eze or Igwe). It is perhaps one of the highest titles in Nri territories, beside that of the Eze or Igwe.

In Benin, Oba doesn't also mean king. That immediately reveals the Benin obas are not spin-offs from Ife.
In Yorubaland, Oba means king, which is probably an idea they got from Benin, thinking it meant king in Bini.

Up until a little over a hundred years ago, Eze Nris bestowed the ofo on every Oba of Benin and Attah of Igala.

The Ooni of Ife never bestowed anything on the Oba of Benin. The Nris would have been aware of such a thing. Thank God Portuguese explorers made it to Benin during the reigns of Oba Ewuare and Oba Ozolua in the 1400s to confirm the pre-eminence of Nri cultural supremacy of Benin.
If those explorers had visited Ife, the Ooni of Ife would have told the Portuguese about the Nri cultural supremacy of Ife at that particular time also.

Never mess with Nri. Again, as I wrote sometime ago, when the Nris speak, the true Igbo territories will be known.

Pay no attention to some cultural journeymen in Igboland at the moment, like the Aguleris and others. When Nri speaks, Nigeria will know.
What you said is the truth that No one wants to say in this present times, The ooni of ife was courageous enough to explore it sometime ago but he was frowned at and discouraged , The Benin obas themselves also like to be quiet about their ancient links with NRI, The throne of attah of igala has been islamized too

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Where Saraki's Lawyers Goofed - By T0nyebarcanista / Soldier Killed In Abia Gas Explosion (Graphic Photos) / Tinubu Attend Jumat Prayer In Abuja Alongside Sultan Of Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.