Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,573 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:43 PM

Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) (42558 Views)

‘One Elephant Is Out Of The Road’ – Fubara Celebrates Victory, Hails Wike As Oga / I Will Consult My Wife, Others If Tinubu Offers Me Appointment – Wike (Video) / 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Christistruth00: 5:33pm On Jul 30, 2020
Etinosa1234:

That's not proof..

that's a sign of running away, uncertainty, being caught in ur lies
Besides...The oba of Benin is not an historian..I don't know abt urs

I didn't ask The oba of Lagos before posting my case here

you didn't ask The alaafin of Oyo before making ur claims

And humans also tend to lie abt history Esp when it doesn't tell good of them..So Alaafin is not a reliable source
So prove that Benin paid tributes to Oyo

Sir Alfred Moloney
British Colonial Governor of Lagos. 1890

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Tranquill: 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2020
Osagyefo98:

No doubt,on that...by deductions Ikwerres are Yorubas.

Stop being delusional my friend. Ikwerres are not Yorubas. Their ancestors already left Igodo before the Binis had any interaction with the Yorubas.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2020
Christistruth00:

Sir Alfred Moloney

I have seen two links that disprove this fact
Besides.. there was no time in history of Benin and Oyo that Benin was under Oyo...

[b]G T Strides and ifeka[b] said that there was a failed attempt to attack Benin

I have a journal that also states that Alaafin majotu needed the help of the Benin to suppress rebellion in his empire

Still take a look at this for the moment

When I get the real pages I'll tell u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 6:54pm On Jul 30, 2020
Christistruth00:

Sir Alfred Moloney

grin this ur source is funny Sha...
As at 1890 Alfred Maloney wrote this page

but before then..The Dahomey, nupe, and other tribes had already broken out of the Empire...

So how did Maloney know that the Empire still stood and they were ruling over Benin

There is a reason why people don't talk abt this page because it was all lies grin

This is hilarious

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 30, 2020
IspitonCowards:
I support you, ikwerre need to Abolish that igboid land language they speak and adopt bini language fast, Also change everything in your culture that has to do with Igbos including dressings and food, Up Ikwerre the tribe of 3 local governments

It is not possible...Igbo people used Biafra civil war to indoctrinate all the minority tribes in the eastern region...delta used to be a core Ijaw , Urobo and Itshekiri but now they have some many tribe in Delta state that are Yeebos..ny force and not by cultural heritage...

These was part of the political struggle of late Papa Awo during his time...he fought against all these Igbo domineering forces among the minority groups...
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 30, 2020
Gforce2015:

It is not possible...Igbo people used Biafra civil war to indoctrinate all the minority tribes in the eastern region...delta used to be a core Ijaw , Urobo and Itshekiri but now they have some many tribe in Delta state that are Yeebos..ny force and not by cultural heritage...

These was part of the political struggle of late Papa Awo during his time...he fought against all these Igbo domineering forces among the minority groups...
Please check into a Psychiatric hospital ASAP grin
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Christistruth00: 7:19pm On Jul 30, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Besides.. there was no time in history of Benin and Oyo that Benin was under Oyo...

[b]G T Strides and ifeka[b] said that there was a failed attempt to attack Benin

I have a journal that also states that Alaafin majotu needed the help of the Benin to suppress rebellion in his empire

It is not news that Benin paid tribute to Alaafin of Oyo starting with Alaafin Oranmiyan.

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2020
Christistruth00:

It is not news that Benin paid tribute to Alaafin of Oyo starting with Alaafin Oranmiyan.

I reiterate that such is untrue

There are no proof of such

Can u tell me how Benin broke out of the empire while still an empire of its own

Ur proof doesn't even state that Benin paid since oranmiyan
It says only the 17th century ..and as at then Benin was still an empire
Bro does an empire pay tributes to another empire

I'm presently reading a journal that said that alaafin majotu sought the help of the oba of Benin to quench rebellion in ilorin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 7:56pm On Jul 30, 2020
Christistruth00:

Besides u are yet to bring proof that when , how and why Benin started paying tributes

Benin was an empire from the 13th century till the British invasion
There was no record from either the Europeans nor the Benin that they paid tribute

.still bring proof that paying tributes by the Benin to Oyo started in oranmiyans time
Maloney was not an eyewitness
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Christistruth00: 8:34pm On Jul 30, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Besides u are yet to bring proof that when , how and why Benin started paying tributes

Benin was an empire from the 13th century till the British invasion
There was no record from either the Europeans nor the Benin that they paid tribute

.still bring proof that paying tributes by the Benin to Oyo started in oranmiyans time
Maloney was not an eyewitness

How many"eye witnesses" does Benin have of its History in the 13th Century ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 10:08pm On Jul 30, 2020
Christistruth00:

How many"eye witnesses" does Benin have of its History in the 13th Century ?

Duarte Pacheco Pereira

Graham Connah

All came and met an Empire still ruling

Not like ur Maloney that came and met an Empire that had already been defeated and had to rely on hearsays
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Christistruth00: 10:21pm On Jul 30, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Duarte Pacheco Pereira

Graham Connah

All came and met an Empire still ruling

Not like ur Maloney that came and met an Empire that had already been defeated and had to rely on hearsays

None of the above were 13th Century Eye Withnesses of Benin. Do not ask for what you can't supply. Didn't the Lander brothers referred to by Maloney meet an Oyo Empire ruling?

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 10:33pm On Jul 30, 2020
Christistruth00:

None of the above were 13th Century Eye Withnesses . Do not ask for what you can't supply.

Duarte Pacheco Pereira was there in the 15th century...He met an Empire there

Graham Connah did archaeology that dated the Benin walls to 13th century...

A Dutch traveller Nyandael came to Benin in the 18th century...He never noted that Benin paid dues to any body

When Olfert Dapper came, Benin was already am Empire... what he wrote, he saw ..

I can give u many Europeans who came to Benin during That period and none ever made mention of Benin paying tributes
Is it Alfonso DAveiro, abi Josua Ulsheimer

Make ur research... I can't be educating u for free on nairaland..

Since u cant prove how Benin paid tributes to the Oyo Since oranmiyan(even Yoruba history on wiki dont say that) I think it's best u stop saying it

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 10:37pm On Jul 30, 2020
Christistruth00:

None of the above were 13th Century Eye Withnesses of Benin. Do not ask for what you can't supply. Didn't the Lander brothers referred to by Maloney meet an Oyo Empire ruling?
Are u not the one that made the claim that Benin has been paying tributes...now prove it stop beating around the bush

Lol the same Lander that clapperton told that Alaafin Majotu needed help from the Benin to quench Ilorin rebellions?

Goan read ur history very well...

Even ur historians never claimed that Benin paid tributes

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Christistruth00: 10:50pm On Jul 30, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Duarte Pacheco Pereira was there in the 15th century...He met an Empire there

Graham Connah did archaeology that dated the Benin walls to 13th century...

A Dutch traveller Nyandael came to Benin in the 18th century...He never noted that Benin paid dues to any body

When Olfert Dapper came, Benin was already am Empire... what he wrote, he saw ..

I can give u many Europeans who came to Benin during That period and none ever made mention of Benin paying tributes
Is it Alfonso DAveiro, abi Josua Ulsheimer

Make ur research... I can't be educating u for free on nairaland..

Since u cant prove how Benin paid tributes to the Oyo Since oranmiyan(even Yoruba history on wiki dont say that) I think it's best u stop saying it

The 15th Century is not the 13 th Century where are your 13th Century eyewithnesses?

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 11:00pm On Jul 30, 2020
Christistruth00:

The 15th Century is not the 13 th Century where are your 13th Century eyewithnesses?

Ohhh...U want to turn it on me now

First of all , u made the claim that Benin paid tributes since the time of Oranmiyan...prove it.

The article u posted was dated 1890 written by Maloney.. Someone who came when the Empire had been destroyed already...what makes his info correct ...The Lander u are quoting. Clapperton also told him that Alaafin Majotu sought the help of Benin to quench rebellions in Ilorin

https://archive.org/details/journalofseconde00inclap

Lastly..As at the 17th century, there were more Europeans in Africa than as at 13th century..So u ought to have more than one proof to back up ur claims...(I had more than one proof to say that Lagos was a vassal of Benin)...So drop an eyewitness report and stop hanging on to hearsay like a child his toy

So if u cant drop eyewitness reports of the 17th century , don't bother quoting because I won't reply

I'm outta here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 5:12am On Jul 31, 2020
Etinosa1234:

I reiterate that such is untrue

There are no proof of such

Can u tell me how Benin broke out of the empire while still an empire of its own

Ur proof doesn't even state that Benin paid since oranmiyan
It says only the 17th century ..and as at then Benin was still an empire
Bro does an empire pay tributes to another empire

I'm presently reading a journal that said that alaafin majotu sought the help of the oba of Benin to quench rebellion in ilorin
Don't mind the fool, oyo was never an empire by the way. Oyo was a very weak country which got fvcked up by Fulani. The guy is lying on purpose.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 5:15am On Jul 31, 2020
Etinosa1234:

The guy gave no link towards the book, he doesn't allow you scrutinize it. He is playing a scam.

Also nobody knows what "ruling to the sea" means, it seams to me that it is the sea which is over Benin and Ewe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 5:34am On Jul 31, 2020
lawani:
their ancestors from Benin were Yoruba speaking.

cc Tranquill

stop arguing blindly in midst of facts. ikwerre ancestors from Benin were yoruba speaking...

Seek knowledge and not ignorance. Bini alone is an expansive yoruba kingdom which ikwerre is part of...

ikwerre ancestry is rightly yorubas through bini...
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 5:35am On Jul 31, 2020
Tranquill:

Stop being delusional my friend. Ikwerres are not Yorubas. Their ancestors already left Igodo before the Binis had any interaction with the Yorubas.

there is nothing like igodo. it is a fiction. the real ikwerre ancestors were yorubas.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 31, 2020
Christistruth00:

Am other laughable attempt at rewriting history.

1) no links to the book, therefore no way to verify that the quote comes from the book
2) the author of the book is not a time traveler, so he can't have witnessed what he describes because what he describes if true would span more than 1000 years. And clearly the date given is fake since the area wasn't a British protectorate in 1854.
3) obviously what you quote is merely a fairytale indeed there is no actual eyewitness written document to back it.

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 31, 2020
Osagyefo98:

there is nothing like igodo. it is a fiction. the real ikwerre ancestors were yorubas.

How long are you going to keep your trolling up ?
All you do is repeat total nonesense.

3 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 31, 2020
Osagyefo98:

cc Tranquill

stop arguing blindly in midst of facts. ikwerre ancestors from Benin were yoruba speaking...

Seek knowledge and not ignorance. Bini alone is an expansive yoruba kingdom which ikwerre is part of...

ikwerre ancestry is rightly yorubas through bini...

The person whom is arguing blindly is you and you are the ignorant one as well. You are totally projecting here. You are describing yourself while putting an other persons name on it.

I guess your aim (which is totally stupid and will certainly never work because people are not dumb like you think) is to make Ikwere say they are not Benin descendants because they are not yoruba. Your attempt is laughable, the Ikwere know that Benin is not Yoruba ! But keep talking !

I guess one day you will also go and tell the haussas their "true origins", perhaps they are Egyptians or extraterrestrial, we will let you (the guy who knows people better than they know themselves) to decide.

3 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 10:08am On Jul 31, 2020
Wtf77:

Don't mind the fool, oyo was never an pire n'y the way. Oyo was a very weak country which got fvcked up by Fulani. The guy is lying on purpose.

Abi ooo...

The Empire had already been crushed and defeated by Fulani and Dahomey forty years b4 Maloney... I Wonder where Maloney saw what he wrote. Besides. Maloney was not an historian

General history of Oyo Empire doesn't say that Oyo ruled over Benin Esp as Benin was also an Empire as at the height of Oyo Empire... Even the whites who were present as at the height of Oyo Powers never said anything as such

Does an Empire pay tributes to another Empire?

if he's very sure of his claims...let him bring eyewitness reports of the 17th century

He has not yet been able to prove Benin paid tributes during the time of Alaafin Oranmiyan...

He go Jus dey fabricate lies up and down
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Christistruth00: 10:15am On Jul 31, 2020
Wtf77:

The guy gave no link towards the book, he doesn't allow you scrutinize it. He is playing a scam.

Also nobody knows what "ruling to the sea" means, it seams to me that it is the sea which is over Benin and Ewe.

Benin Paid Tribute to the Alaafin of Oyo starting with Alaafin Oranmiyan.

Deal with it

Links;

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://archive.org/details/historyofyorubas00john&ved=2ahUKEwjN6vCLk_fqAhU8UBUIHTBhDkcQFjAAegQIBRAC&usg=AOvVaw1hbESHERWRVM8mQagjxHvU

Sir Alfred Moloney
British Colonial Governor of Lagos

https://www.jstor.org/stable/pdf/1801424.pdf?seq=1

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 31, 2020
Christistruth00:

Deal with it

Links;

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://archive.org/details/historyofyorubas00john&ved=2ahUKEwjN6vCLk_fqAhU8UBUIHTBhDkcQFjAAegQIBRAC&usg=AOvVaw1hbESHERWRVM8mQagjxHvU

Sir Alfred Moloney
British Colonial Governor of Lagos

https://www.jstor.org/stable/pdf/1801424.pdf?seq=1

1)No 17th century paper supports your claim.

2)Also nowhere in your paper does it say that the Oba of Benin paid any tribut to the alafin of oyo

3) a people don't rule over an other people, a king rules people, you just don't understand the expression used in the paper, neither do I by the way: "ruling to the sea", the position of the sea: "over Benin and Ewe".
Anyway, whatever the writer means, he didn't witness it ( he describes a period which precedes his by 300 years), so the paper is irrelevant. It is just the same as me writing about what took place 300 years ago. It holds no water.

4) oranmiyan is still a made up character, he never existed.

5) in the 17th century Europeans were already trading with Benin empire, many papers were written by eye-witness and many texts were written by eye-witness, funny that none of them mention the Oba of Benin paying tribute to anybody especially not a weak Kingdom like oyo.

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 31, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Abi ooo...

The Empire had already been crushed and defeated by Fulani and Dahomey forty years b4 Maloney... I Wonder where Maloney saw what he wrote. Besides. Maloney was not an historian

General history of Oyo Empire doesn't say that Oyo ruled over Benin Esp as Benin was also an Empire as at the height of Oyo Empire... Even the whites who were present as at the height of Oyo Powers never said anything as such

Does an Empire pay tributes to another Empire?

if he's very sure of his claims...let him bring eyewitness reports of the 17th century

He has not yet been able to prove Benin paid tributes during the time of Alaafin Oranmiyan...

He go Jus dey fabricate lies up and down

Oyo was never an empire, it was a weak Kingdom which got sacked by Fulani.

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 11:04am On Jul 31, 2020
Wtf77:

Oyo was never an empire, it was a weak Kingdom which got sacked by Fulani.

The dude is even quoting work of a Yoruba man

. Someone that'll obviously be biased

Abeg...make we dey go jor...We don beat am so tey na only to repeat the lie wey him papa tell am be him only hope
.grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 31, 2020
Christistruth00:

Deal with it

Links;

Your book was published in 1921 (and even written by a Yoruba) . Should I start laughing now? No wonder you tried to avoid posting a link to it. You are a Yoruba revisionist quoting an other Yoruba revisionist.

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Christistruth00: 6:18pm On Jul 31, 2020
Wtf77:

Your book was published in 1921 (and even written by a Yoruba) . Should I start laughing now? No wonder you tried to avoid posting a link to it. You are a Yoruba revisionist quoting an other Yoruba revisionist.

You can deny it all you want but the fact remains that Benin paid tribute to Oyo starting with Alaafin Oranmiyan.
If doesn't matter if you believe it or not you cannot change History.

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 11:50pm On Jul 31, 2020
Bro is in tears grin
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by msughdoo: 10:15am On Aug 01, 2020

It seems you Igbo guys are having sleepless nights about the fact Ikwere have publicly acknowledged that they are Benin descendants.
In your case you have lost your mind. Your comment has nothing to do with my comment to which you are supposedly replying.
Ikwere are Benin descendants ! Choke over it !

Choke? Of course not! I am just pitying your illogical and DUB thought process. You are descendants of Benin and yet, you can't speak their language, neither can they speak yours. Yet, Igbos can understand Ikwerre. You see how stupid you sound?

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Victor Umeh Weeps After Seeing Corpse Of His Cousin's Wife During Burial. PICS / MURIC: "Fayose Wants To Set Nigeria On Fire, Nobody Should Blame Muslims For..." / Osinbajo And Ambode At Ikoyi Club 1938 80th Anniversary (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.