Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) (42876 Views)

‘One Elephant Is Out Of The Road’ – Fubara Celebrates Victory, Hails Wike As Oga / I Will Consult My Wife, Others If Tinubu Offers Me Appointment – Wike (Video) / 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2020
HopeAtHand:

The 4 Ikwerre LGAs are the same landmass with 2/3 of Abia state.
lool! Stupid maths grin

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by HopeAtHand: 7:03pm On Jul 26, 2020
IspitonCowards:
lool! Stupid maths grin

You're a confirmed academic nonentity, so no need to debate with you.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 26, 2020
HopeAtHand:

See this ewu, why involve Yorubas. Nnamdi Kanu, and every other Igbo would obviously not be sane if they don't talk about Ikwerre and Port Harcourt.
Monkey Half of the portharcourt is even owned by Ijaws, wetin Una get?

6 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
HopeAtHand:

You're a confirmed academic nonentity, so no need to debate with you.
No come and debate, Empty head Afonja Man
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by HopeAtHand: 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2020
IspitonCowards:
Monkey Half of the portharcourt is even owned by Ijaws, wetin Una get?

Let me assume that half is Ijaw, Is the Ijaw half your own?? Is Ijaw now Igbo?. Dey put mouth for wetin no concern you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by joepepsy(m): 7:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
Chiosaho, osachukwu, ehijiofor, chukwuosagie, idahoeze.
BigSarah:

What’s an ikwerre name? Just list 5 I must have heard
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by HopeAtHand: 7:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
IspitonCowards:
No come and debate, Empty head Afonja Man

Ewu, erosion gullies in Igboland has not bothered you. Your interest is Ikwerreland.

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 26, 2020
HopeAtHand:

Ewu, erosion gullies in Igboland has not bothered you. Your interest is Ikwerreland.
Nkita nothing concern me with ikwerre, na you qoute me dey yarn okpata

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Apologize(m): 7:19pm On Jul 26, 2020
IspitonCowards:
I support you, ikwerre need to Abolish that igboid land language they speak and adopt bini language fast, Also change everything in your culture that has to do with Igbos including dressings and food, Up Ikwerre the tribe of 3 local governments
ok
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by PVision2020(m): 7:21pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

Oba is not a Yoruba word and Yoruba chiefs adopted it in the 1930's. The original owner is the Oba of Benin. Omo n'Oba n'Edo.
Please stop being foolish, as far back as 1843 Ajayi Crowther translated the KJV Bible to Yoruba language with Hundreds of Obas meaning King in the text.

7 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by monex(m): 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

Oba is not a Yoruba word and Yoruba chiefs adopted it in the 1930's. The original owner is the Oba of Benin. Omo n'Oba n'Edo.
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/oba
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Myself2(m): 7:49pm On Jul 26, 2020
omazus:
Even the Oba is amused that a full blooded Igbo man is calling himself a Benin man so as to escape God knows what. He tried not to laugh but he couldn't help it.

Ikwerre over to you.

How is a Rvers man an Igbo man ?
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by BigSarah(f): 7:49pm On Jul 26, 2020
joepepsy:
Chiosaho, osachukwu, ehijiofor, chukwuosagie, idahoeze.

LmAo experiment

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by joepepsy(m): 7:55pm On Jul 26, 2020
Whats up with the Indian clothing,clear me.
BigSarah:

LmAo experiment
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by OfoIgbo: 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
HopeAtHand:

This is a very irresponsible comment. Like you can dear come into an Ikwerre community and talk this rubbish.

I will come into any community that bears an Igbo name and make exactly the same comment, and freaking nothing will happen.

Only those that accept their Igboness will live in, and will inherit stuff in Igbo towns and villages. If you are from Benin, then f*cking go to Benin. You obviously do think I give a f*ck.

If you take pleasure in embarrassing and humiliating other Igbos for the amusement of Igbo enemies, I will take pleasure in casting you out, and denying you Igbo support, whenever you need it

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by HopeAtHand: 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2020
OfoIgbo:

I will come into any community that bears an Igbo name and make exactly the same comment, and freaking nothing will happen.

Only those that accept their Igboness will live in, and will inherit stuff in Igbo towns and villages. If you are from Benin, then f*cking go to Benin. You obviously do think I give a f*ck.

If you take pleasure in embarrassing and humiliating other Igbos for the amusement of Igbo enemies, I will take pleasure in casting you out, and denying you Igbo support, whenever you need it

Who are you and what are you??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by BigSarah(f): 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2020
joepepsy:
Whats up with the Indian clothing,clear me.
Pm
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
dederocs:
Oba is not Youruba...read history and age of the Benin Kingdom.
What is the meaning of Oba in Edo language

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Donarozzi: 8:31pm On Jul 26, 2020
wingmanIII:

Well spoken!
Truth is, only a section of ikwerres see themselves as non Igbos.

https://m.facebook.com/Biafland/posts/345064752865391
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by joepepsy(m): 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2020
Just sent you.
BigSarah:

Pm
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by earnit3: 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2020
His business
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Congonatty: 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2020
Mraphel:

Same thing they're doing in Yoruba lands laying claims to South western lands forming association about their selfish interest on people's land.

Nigerians know wike is not Igbo nor PH is Igboland but when will Igbo-ipods just learn to respect themselves.

If you sell your papa grave give Igbo man..he will buy it,remove the old dry bones and build a plaza on it

E pain you?

8 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Abagworo(m): 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2020
IkwerrePikin:
Oba of Benin has once again affirm the ancestral relationship between the Ikwerre people and Benin Kingdom.

Watch video:

God bless Ikwerre!
God bless Benin kingdom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNR0LmlC9l8

Very shameful of Wike to impose ancestry upon himself for unknown reasons. In genetics phenotype is the first and most visible aspect of genetic inheritance before verification using DNA. The shape of Wike's head alone gives him away as of a core Igbo ancestry without any mix.

4 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by OfoIgbo: 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
HopeAtHand:

Who are you and what are you??

I am an NRI man, the owners of Eke, Orie, Afor and Nkwo, the market days that every Igbo territory subscribes to. They are Umunri-owned deities and a core part of Igbo cultural practice.
The same market days that my ancestors bestowed on Bini and Igala people hundreds of years ago, which is one of the reasons why these empires have huge vestiges of NRI influence.

I KNOW WHO I AM. It's clear you don't know who you are

12 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by akigbemaru: 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

Ikwerre has 4 local govts: Port harcourt, Emohua, Ikwerre and Obio-apkor.

Brief history of Ikwerre:

Ikwerre settlements have their roots traceable from the old Benin Empire.” Iwhnurọhna people (Ikwerre) descended from the ancient Bini Kingdom. The name of the grand ancestor is Akalaka.

Their relations in Rivers State are Ekpeye and Ogba people. The reigning Oba of Benin when Akalaka, the ancestor of Ihruọha (later called Iwhnurọhna) fled was Oba Ewuare (Ogwaro). Akalaka, a member of the Benin royal family, fled in the 13th century on allegation of plotting assassination of the Oba. He died in 1462. Iwhnurọhna his third son settled east of the Sombrero River by 1538 AD
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Bkayyy: 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Oba of Benin's origin has absolutely nothing to do with Ife.
Benin Oba tradition is way older than Ife.

Oba remains a title in Nri till date, and it doesn't mean King (Eze or Igwe). It is perhaps one of the highest titles in Nri territories, beside that of the Eze or Igwe.

In Benin, Oba doesn't also mean king. That immediately reveals the Benin obas are not spin-offs from Ife.
In Yorubaland, Oba means king, which is probably an idea they got from Benin, thinking it meant king in Bini.

Up until a little over a hundred years ago, Eze Nris bestowed the ofo on every Oba of Benin and Attah of Igala.

The Ooni of Ife never bestowed anything on the Oba of Benin. The Nris would have been aware of such a thing. Thank God Portuguese explorers made it to Benin during the reigns of Oba Ewuare and Oba Ozolua in the 1400s to confirm the pre-eminence of Nri cultural supremacy of Benin.
If those explorers had visited Ife, the Ooni of Ife would have told the Portuguese about the Nri cultural supremacy of Ife at that particular time also.

Never mess with Nri. Again, as I wrote sometime ago, when the Nris speak, the true Igbo territories will be known.

Pay no attention to some cultural journeymen in Igboland at the moment, like the Aguleris and others. When Nri speaks, Nigeria will know.
My brother the thing tire me o, imagine these kids from tribes of no known history attacking igbo land.
Which one be BENIN? Which one be Igala?
These kids should go and beg one professor in history to tell them about IDU and onoja.
They should also ask themselves why igbanke was called igbo akiri, why ibuzor was called igbo bi n'uzor,
And finally they should ask themselves who are these igbos they speak of

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by nedekid: 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

Ikwerre has 4 local govts: Port harcourt, Emohua, Ikwerre and Obio-apkor.

Brief history of Ikwerre:

Ikwerre settlements have their roots traceable from the old Benin Empire.” Iwhnurọhna people (Ikwerre) descended from the ancient Bini Kingdom. The name of the grand ancestor is Akalaka.

Their relations in Rivers State are Ekpeye and Ogba people. The reigning Oba of Benin when Akalaka, the ancestor of Ihruọha (later called Iwhnurọhna) fled was Oba Ewuare (Ogwaro). Akalaka, a member of the Benin royal family, fled in the 13th century on allegation of plotting assassination of the Oba. He died in 1462. Iwhnurọhna his third son settled east of the Sombrero River by 1538 AD
On a lighter note grin,
"He died in 1462. Iwhnurọhna his third son settled east of the Sombrero River by 1538 AD"
He iwhnurohna and his son "settled" east of Sombrero river. He settled amongst the Igbo aborigines based there and learnt igbo language +culture, even took native igbo names till today.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by God1stson(m): 9:20pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

Prove it ! Also what is wrong with you Igbo ?
The people tell you they are not Igbo and you keep arguing with them ?
You know them more than they know themselves ?
All this new generation pple are allergic to research go to https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikwerre_people. Go-to " Please search for Ikwerre people"
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by nedekid: 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2020
bigDickson:

But their names still show their history... Fulanis speak Hausa but still bears Fulani names.. . I believe your dad bears Edo name... so why are the Ikweres bearing Igbo names and not having any lota of Benin name
2 plates of turkey pepersoup with chilled big Stout to you jare cool

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nwaonyishi69: 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
All this useless arguments arise because of the gradual death of history in our schools since the end of the war. Sorry, but when a son tries to run away from his father and siblings there must be some sinister reasons. It is the father and relations that must do their best to trace their lost children.
In daily life realities, I have known that outsiders, psychophants do everything within their reach to convert people's children; especially those searching for fruits of the womb and those who failed to raise theirs, but for rats to eat your fish means you were absent or asleep. A true son will hearken to the voice of his father; but some children, the prodigal, may not care. Of a truth, even Benin is Igbo and many Igbos are trapped against their wishes in Benin enclave even today (Igbo-akiri or Igbanke). The Benis need people and they love the Igbo stock and gene. Only them know why they want to obtain igboness by tricks.

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by dederocs(m): 9:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
PVision2020:

Please stop being foolish, as far back as 1843 Ajayi Crowther translated the KJV Bible to Yoruba language with Hundreds of Obas meaning King in the text.
Do you know about the Ogiso dynasty?
Do you know about ogodomigodo?
The Benin empire and throne had been existing for thousands of years, you have to learn further than Ajayi Crowther using the Oba in his books, the entire South region of Nigeria, started from Benin Kingdom.
How can a child give birth to his father, what i say here is not what matters, just research history yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Suspected Bandits, Wives, Informants Arrested After Returning From Saudi Arabia / Aremu Afolayan Tackles Osinbajo After Changing 6,500 Dihram To ₦1 Million / Innoson To Deliver Bullet-Proof Car To Ben-bruce In 90 Days(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.