Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed (46747 Views)

Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) / Man Crushed To Death While Attempting To 'Collect' Money From Truck Driver / Man Transports People With Fridge On A Flooded Road, Makes Money From Flooding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Mikeiron78(m): 8:53pm On Jul 27, 2020
Angelacruz:
Very true

I agree with you. You gotta make that hard decision. Like you know too, you help a Nigerian with $100 today, they'll come back for $1000 tomorrow, that's just the way they are programmed. It's sad.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by jayied(m): 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2020
Change your phone lines, block them on social media and enjoy your life... you cannot come n kee yourself on some unserious people
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by favour32(m): 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2020
You na their local yahoo.
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Angelacruz: 8:56pm On Jul 27, 2020
Mikeiron78:

I agree with you. You gotta make that hard decision. Like you know too, you help a Nigerian with $100 today, they'll come back for $1000 tomorrow, that's just the way they are programmed. It's sad.
entitlement mentality
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Oluwatosinruth: 9:00pm On Jul 27, 2020
Infact I think you're too over generous or should I send my account number to you also if you will help me... And at the end of everything they will still say you don't do anything... So please be yourself....
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 27, 2020
vhuqnl:

Every thing isn't gender war. Odte

Who is fighting one? Mumu!
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 27, 2020
Ishilove:

Being very experienced in these matters, what are your words on marble for the poster? cheesy
He is lavishing on lazy friends and not family unlike in my own case. A brother of his so called friends had advised him yet he refused to listen so you can see that his iberibeism is beyond mekwatalism. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by stanliwise(m): 9:04pm On Jul 27, 2020
@ikoroduarea
Maybe you are blaming them for your own fault. Isn’t it clear you made poor decisions and handed them money when it is completely unnecessary, isn’t it clear they seem to start having problems all a sudden they are around you?
Don’t you think your over been-caring gave them the wrong impression?
Don’t you think sometimes it is good to tell them you don’t have at times?
Don’t you also think you can teach them how not to depend on you?

You made many grave error and their only sin here is they exploited your free hand.

From now on you need to start living realistic and do things not because of their many problems or crocodile tears, they are your siblings, you don’t need to run away from them.

Do things only when you are personally convinced about it.
if you don’t feel comfortable simple tell them how you have gone broke and how things has become so bad for you(A lie isn’t all harmful).

In conclusion, You should learn how to act properly with your money when it comes to social and family circle else you will face same problem in the future.
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by grandstar(m): 9:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
ikoroduarea

The problem here is that you think you're being nice but you're actuslly being stupid. Stop being stupid.

Those guys are parasites with an entitlement mentality and you're their Maga. I too can be stupidly kind so I have an incline where you're coming from.

Do you want to get rid of them forever? I did this to a Parasitic scammer about 2 months ago.

Send some amount of money to them for a specific purpose. Tell them they should hand over the money to someone. with the hope they'll use out of it. If they use out of it or use all of it, tell them you won't send them money until they pay up!

Find a friend who will help you out. Send like 100,000 to them to give to a 'lawyer' to assist you with the documentation of your land. Your friend will be the lawyer.

Ask your friend to delay by a week before going to collect the cash. By then, they would have spent out of it. If your friend goes to their house and does not get the money, let him scream the house down.

A few hours after that, call the 2 parasites and ask them what happened to the money. They'll obviously give an unsatisfactory answer. Tell them to refund that money. That your friend has been screaming at you that he wants his money. That they must pay up that money. That you will never send money to them until they pay up.

Tell them that if it even 5k a week they can send to offset the debt, they should do so until the debt is repaid. Parasites want instant reward and because they need money from you now, theyll find it very hard waiting for 20 weeks to pay up the 100k. They'll never be able to pay up that 100k because the reward doing so is not instant.

Report them to their relations what they did to you. Make a mountain out of it. As long as that money remains unpaid, do not give them a cent for "stabbing you in the back".

I used such that means to get rid of a Parasitic scammer. He can't guilt trip me into giving him money as I used the money I sent to him to expose his dubious ways. It was trap and he fell for it. His greed completely blinded him and fell for the bait. I felt no guilt blocking him.

Do likewise for these parasites. Make sure you block them till they pay the 100k. Tell them the lawyer is on your neck and his relations and friends are harassing you where you are, that their calling you a thief.

If you can't stand your ground with this, then they'll suck you dry.

Please follow this guy's YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bl2_hxu3yw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jez-G6DJypA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by louisa4luv(f): 9:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
solonubinho:

Is this one okay? Did you read the entire post or not?
Yes I read through and I'm very okay. You can pass your information across without the insults. I have the right to my opinion. Gett off my mention
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Kenn55: 9:19pm On Jul 27, 2020
Farakay10:
Don't say what you don't know...My uncle also disturbs me at every opportunity..I think of how we grew up. We slept in the same room for years...Sometimes I just become a fool when he asks for help...I hope God helps me too...

Don't blame your uncle, blame yourself. I'm sorry to say this, you are weak like the op. There is nothing wrong in helping. However, it becomes a problem when someone is clearly manipulating and taking advantage of you. You see it yourself yet you do not have the will power to say no and put a stop to it. A person is weak when he/she is incapable of saying no even when he is hurting. The op is aware he is being manipulated not once not twice yet........Even the brother of the people manipulating him is strong enough to shun them, op carry them for head. This is weakness and he needs to be flogged.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Dammiesugar(f): 9:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
Rebuke every sort of jazz they might be using to exploit you, inform all your family members to block them and you, your wife should block them off on all channels. They are all bunch of lazy ungrateful lots. Act first before they ruin you! I know of someone who traveled out and blocked everyone after two months due to the exploitation thing, most of them feel once you are out of the country then you are picking money on the floor.
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by petitejolie(f): 9:23pm On Jul 27, 2020
Kenn55:
Sometimes i feel that a lot of stories we read on this platform are fake.

How can this be real? I don't believe that someone can be this stupid and weak. It defies all understanding.
my dear. Its not fake o. People are really like this. I have someone like this. He doesnt av one or even half investment in Nigeria. Even those he sends money to over the years have assets to their name and he has none. Thank God sense found him now and he's making use of it.

2 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Josipov: 9:29pm On Jul 27, 2020
Once you stopped giving...
Be more prayerful.
I'm not saying they're diabolical, but you know that "prevention is better than cure"

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Warmaterial(m): 9:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
dasparrow:
@Post

Let me tell you something I have noticed about most Nigerians. Once you try to be nice to them by helping them out financially, they end up taking advantage of you. They begin to see you like a mumu, a cash cow to be exploited.

I know of someone who lived in my city (I don't live in Nigeria by the way). Anyways, she is a single mother and financially struggling. Being that I know what it feels like not to have, I felt sorry for her and without her even asking me, I gave her some money to manage herself. It wasn't even up to 2 weeks and she showed up at my home one evening unannounced asking me to give her money because she lent money from someone and can't pay back. Of course I told her I don't have.

But that experience along with that of many others is the reason why I generally distance myself from Nigerians. Once you are nice to them, they abuse the gesture. I really don't know why. I guess it is what Nigerian society has turned people into.

I have since blocked that Nigerian woman on WhatsApp and blocked her number on my phone. Why? Because regardless of how much I try to help her again and again, she will never be satisfied. It is never going to be enough. Block those "friends" of yours and enjoy absolute bliss because the begging won't stop. No be Nigerians again?
maybe u was her only hope and the only person she can think of... Erase that nonsence mentality from ur head it kills
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by otokx(m): 9:46pm On Jul 27, 2020
Its called the spirit of entitlement and it is very rampant in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by micfoley: 9:47pm On Jul 27, 2020
dapsoneh:
You really have nothing to bother at all and its not worth affecting your concentrations
You made a grave mistake by giving them money when they never requested for it. You had initially given them a wrong impression from the onset, this is not a bad thing anyways but you can be sure that once u start this kind of gesture, they will capitalise on that and keep coming to you and this is exactly what is happening to you right now
U said their BIOLOGICAL brother who is also abroad has stopped any form of financial dealings with them cos he sees them as unserious, so WHY ARE U PERTURBED?
You are not under any OBLIGATION to keeping giving them money except if there is SOMETHING THEY HAD DONE for u that u are not telling us and you feel its so IMPORTANT such that if u stop giving them money, it will make u look like an INGRATE
Do what u can that wont affect your family financially for them once in a while, u need not respond to all their chats or calls. Its simple!

Nothing to add here!

The fact is that the more you give, the more they will continue to demand more and more. The earlier you stop giving them, the better for you!

You really should havr figured it all out by now.

Direct your finances to secure yourself and your kids
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by vhuqnl(m): 9:50pm On Jul 27, 2020
soberdrunk:

cheesy cheesy cheesy which grown man with sense will use underwear picture as profile picture cheesy cheesy you better hide well before I call immigration
Stop masturbating over my dp. Freek
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 27, 2020
The saying goes as givers never lack, but you have to use your sense and ask your self one question if am broken now who will help me, who is my true friends in all the friends I have been sending money to? just ask your self that question and tell them politely that you don't have it respectfully ask them for a favour to if they will you know just used caution and be cool.... You be billionaire Sha nice work thou... Well be careful so not all friends are friends...
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by ademijuwonlo(f): 10:03pm On Jul 27, 2020
Mindlog:

You lose the assertiveness when you begin to explain why you are saying NO, giving the other person the opportunity to whittle your resolve.

Personally, I have internalized it and learnt how not to feel guilty when I say NO to whatever/ whoever I can't say YES to.

Very wise of you!
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by ricy20(f): 10:08pm On Jul 27, 2020
ikoroduarea:
Hi all,

I will really appreciate if moderator can help push this to front page.

Firstly, insults are welcome. I reside in Europe. Two of my friends they are biological brothers, they've been sucking me. I have been sending them money regularly for years, yes years, but I now realised that these people are not ready to work or learn any skill. Even their own biological brother in abroad reported them to me and doesn't take them serious anymore except their mum. Infarct, i used to send money to their mum too. But they just keep asking me for money everytime. Imagine I just sent you money when you said you are sick, two days after you sent me voice record asking me for money to rent a shop. Then the younger one who's chat bellow asking me for 100k for three of them as if I am picking money on the floor here. To some people in Nigeria who always think all nigerians in diaspora think we always think you're begging for money whenever you say hi just to hear from us, it is not the case. How about this too?

I am really tired. My wife who always agree I should help them have started complaining too. These two friends suddenly changed because I used to send them money even before they ask. It's like every week one problem must happen to them that require money. They will just send account number and the deadline time. They keep coming, coming, coming back again after giving. I have paid hundreds of thousands of naira for visa processing for one of them maybe at least they will stop asking me for money and one will be able to help his brother, but the visa was unsuccessful.

Few days ago one of them ask me to give him my sister's number that he just want to greet her since it's been years he saw her last. Behold, the next day my sister called to ask when did I hear from my friend last and did he mention about financial problem to me, I told my sister that he called me two days ago and asked of her number which I gave him. My sister said he requested for money to support his house rent and she sent him some money. I was shocked. Can you imagine guys? My friend. I am not saying it's a crime for him to ask my sister money but why lie to me that you just want to greet her when you asked me for her number? Whereas I just sent him money too not even up to a week.

See another demand again, see my reply, see his reply.

I know one or the two of them will start gossiping me around that I am proud, but they won't tell them about the good I have done for them, I have been doing. They won't. Some friends are not worth it anymore. I am very upset now that it's affecting me mentally and with my wife. Even my children were asking me last night "dad are you alright, you're not happy".

You know what again, one of them sent messages to my wife asking for mobile phone. I saw it but my wife didn't know that I saw it not until I responded to him myself and told my wife to never bother. My wife later sent the phone to him. Since then he's been using that opportunity to demand from her. Though he eventually stopped it but continue asking me only.

I have sent so much money but they just never stop asking. And I am not the time that take pictures and flaunt them on social media. I live my life on low-key.

I need your honest opinion.

Insults are welcome I promise I won't react to any insult.

I wanted to block them on my social media especially on WhatsApp but I had a rethink so they won't feel like I am proud because I am in abroad.

cry

You aren't proud that you stay abroad is not a means to milk you dry anyone who wish to be useful will manage no matter how small, if you will feel bad why not ask them about the kind of skill they wish to learn pay for it if you can and hands up
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by ekerintee: 10:17pm On Jul 27, 2020
Just get special number for naija people ,you only check once in a while to attend to some relevant issues .put some on waiting list ,you can check once in a week to see mesages .if not ,person fit get bp ontop another man problem.

myles16:
Like someone said up there, block them and maybe after 3 months or 6 months if you feel like sending them cash, unblock them send whatever you're capable of then block them back..

I know you're the generous type, just send whatever you're capable of, don't let them dictate to you, it's because you're sending them money frequently that's why they ain't working

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by LegendaryArnold(m): 10:26pm On Jul 27, 2020
Cut ties with them for a while... Dem go wise up!
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by vislabraye(m): 10:29pm On Jul 27, 2020
dapsoneh:
You really have nothing to bother at all and its not worth affecting your concentrations
You made a grave mistake by giving them money when they never requested for it. You had initially given them a wrong impression from the onset, this is not a bad thing anyways but you can be sure that once u start this kind of gesture, they will capitalise on that and keep coming to you and this is exactly what is happening to you right now
U said their BIOLOGICAL brother who is also abroad has stopped any form of financial dealings with them cos he sees them as unserious, so WHY ARE U PERTURBED?
You are not under any OBLIGATION to keeping giving them money except if there is SOMETHING THEY HAD DONE for u that u are not telling us and you feel its so IMPORTANT such that if u stop giving them money, it will make u look like an INGRATE
Do what u can that wont affect your family financially for them once in a while, u need not respond to all their chats or calls. Its simple!

As I'm reading it, it is painting me. That's the problem with people that are really nice. I used to be nice. I'm still nice, though. But u have learnt that people will take advantage of your kindness.
Just watch out. When you stop, their attitude towards you will change.
It's better you stop now or else, they will drive you to bankruptcy.
Those people are mean and ungrateful. They will never stop.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Jaqenhghar: 10:35pm On Jul 27, 2020
ikoroduarea:

Absolutely nothing they've done for me. Nothing at all. I was only helping them financially since I knew how hard it was when we were both hustling before I leave Nigerian. They are just abusing the opportunity. Thank you for yout input... I really appreciate. God bless.

The belief is that when you are abroad, it rains money there. Or wads of cash is found in dumpsters. grin
If you tell them you dont have they will think you lie.
Meanwhile Nigeria is the place where you get easy money. You go greet one big man he will hand out envelopes of cash for transport
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Lambarry1: 10:35pm On Jul 27, 2020
OP you need not put this in public domain. ...if you like send all your money to them it's your headache. I know people like you . You type is plenty here especially in the US. It is 'I have arrived " mentality that is worrying you and stop giving false impressions you send money to them like every other week. People like you enjoy being bugged by friends and families back home for financial assistance. I know fake guys like you very well. Hahahahahaha
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Jaqenhghar: 10:37pm On Jul 27, 2020
vislabraye:

As I'm reading it, it is painting me. That's the problem with people that are really nice. I used to be nice. I'm still nice, though. But u have learnt that people will take advantage of your kindness.
Just watch out. When you stop, their attitude towards you will change.
It's better you stop now or else, they will drive you to bankruptcy.
Those people are mean and ungrateful. They will never stop.
I learnt form naija prople long time ago. My mother was seriously sick they were still calling her on phone to beg. I was the one holding the phone then. I asked them if they are aware the situation she is in. They answered that yes but that my mum promised blah blah blah.

2 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by oginnite(m): 10:39pm On Jul 27, 2020
E be like this brother like to give money, make I send my own account too?. You be their local magA. Wise up Sir
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Lambarry1: 10:41pm On Jul 27, 2020
No mind am jare na the I have arrived mentally dey worry am. How much you get wey everyone dey disturb you 4 money. Fake op
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by frozen70(f): 10:53pm On Jul 27, 2020
ikoroduarea:
Hi all,

Firstly, insults are welcome. I reside in Europe. Two of my friends they are biological brothers, they've been sucking me. I have been sending them money regularly for years, yes years, but I now realised that these people are not ready to work or learn any skill. Even their own biological brother in abroad reported them to me and doesn't take them serious anymore except their mum. Infarct, i used to send money to their mum too. But they just keep asking me for money everytime. Imagine I just sent you money when you said you are sick, two days after you sent me voice record asking me for money to rent a shop. Then the younger one who's chat bellow asking me for 100k for three of them as if I am picking money on the floor here. To some people in Nigeria who always think all nigerians in diaspora think we always think you're begging for money whenever you say hi just to hear from us, it is not the case. How about this too?

I am really tired. My wife who always agree I should help them have started complaining too. These two friends suddenly changed because I used to send them money even before they ask. It's like every week one problem must happen to them that require money. They will just send account number and the deadline time. They keep coming, coming, coming back again after giving. I have paid hundreds of thousands of naira for visa processing for one of them maybe at least they will stop asking me for money and one will be able to help his brother, but the visa was unsuccessful.

Few days ago one of them ask me to give him my sister's number that he just want to greet her since it's been years he saw her last. Behold, the next day my sister called to ask when did I hear from my friend last and did he mention about financial problem to me, I told my sister that he called me two days ago and asked of her number which I gave him. My sister said he requested for money to support his house rent and she sent him some money. I was shocked. Can you imagine guys? My friend. I am not saying it's a crime for him to ask my sister money but why lie to me that you just want to greet her when you asked me for her number? Whereas I just sent him money too not even up to a week.

I know one or the two of them will start gossiping me around that I am proud, but they won't tell them about the good I have done for them, I have been doing. They won't. Some friends are not worth it anymore. I am very upset now that it's affecting me mentally and with my wife. Even my children were asking me last night "dad are you alright, you're not happy".

You know what again, one of them sent messages to my wife asking for mobile phone. I saw it but my wife didn't know that I saw it not until I responded to him myself and told my wife to never bother. My wife later sent the phone to him. Since then he's been using that opportunity to demand from her. Though he eventually stopped it but continue asking me only.

I have sent so much money but they just never stop asking. And I am not the time that take pictures and flaunt them on social media. I live my life on low-key.

I wanted to block them on my social media especially on WhatsApp but I had a rethink so they won't feel like I am proud because I am in abroad.

cry

You have made yourself their meal ticket so you will remain so if you don't take a drastic measures

Stop telling them anything about you and your family, never

If their brother is avoiding them, how come you are the one they are sucking

Stop picking their calls and stop responding to their chats both from you, your wife and your sister

If you get a call from a strange number, just tell the person, pls send message am busy

Simple

Don't be surprise to hear that they have built a place from your gift

Be wise, even the country you are staying may decide to send you guys home due to immigration policy

Non of those two brothers will ever give you and your family a complete meal

2 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by popizaino(m): 11:00pm On Jul 27, 2020
[quote author=ikoroduarea post=92126103]Hi all,

cry
Pls your mumu don do .
Stop sending them money it's obvious they are still taking advantage of your kindness to keep asking every now and then .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos: 4 Nigerian Students Found Dead In An Apartment In Georgia / The Wonders Of Ladder-like 240km-long Yaxi “skyroad” Expressway In China / 10 Most Popular Structures In Lagos And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.