Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,307 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed (46728 Views)

Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) / Man Crushed To Death While Attempting To 'Collect' Money From Truck Driver / Man Transports People With Fridge On A Flooded Road, Makes Money From Flooding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by SweetCunt97(f): 11:00pm On Jul 27, 2020
ikoroduarea:
Hi all,

I will really appreciate if moderator can help push this to front page.

Firstly, insults are welcome. I reside in Europe. Two of my friends they are biological brothers, they've been sucking me. I have been sending them money regularly for years, yes years, but I now realised that these people are not ready to work or learn any skill. Even their own biological brother in abroad reported them to me and doesn't take them serious anymore except their mum. Infarct, i used to send money to their mum too. But they just keep asking me for money everytime. Imagine I just sent you money when you said you are sick, two days after you sent me voice record asking me for money to rent a shop. Then the younger one who's chat bellow asking me for 100k for three of them as if I am picking money on the floor here. To some people in Nigeria who always think all nigerians in diaspora think we always think you're begging for money whenever you say hi just to hear from us, it is not the case. How about this too?

I am really tired. My wife who always agree I should help them have started complaining too. These two friends suddenly changed because I used to send them money even before they ask. It's like every week one problem must happen to them that require money. They will just send account number and the deadline time. They keep coming, coming, coming back again after giving. I have paid hundreds of thousands of naira for visa processing for one of them maybe at least they will stop asking me for money and one will be able to help his brother, but the visa was unsuccessful.

Few days ago one of them ask me to give him my sister's number that he just want to greet her since it's been years he saw her last. Behold, the next day my sister called to ask when did I hear from my friend last and did he mention about financial problem to me, I told my sister that he called me two days ago and asked of her number which I gave him. My sister said he requested for money to support his house rent and she sent him some money. I was shocked. Can you imagine guys? My friend. I am not saying it's a crime for him to ask my sister money but why lie to me that you just want to greet her when you asked me for her number? Whereas I just sent him money too not even up to a week.

See another demand again, see my reply, see his reply.

I know one or the two of them will start gossiping me around that I am proud, but they won't tell them about the good I have done for them, I have been doing. They won't. Some friends are not worth it anymore. I am very upset now that it's affecting me mentally and with my wife. Even my children were asking me last night "dad are you alright, you're not happy".

You know what again, one of them sent messages to my wife asking for mobile phone. I saw it but my wife didn't know that I saw it not until I responded to him myself and told my wife to never bother. My wife later sent the phone to him. Since then he's been using that opportunity to demand from her. Though he eventually stopped it but continue asking me only.

I have sent so much money but they just never stop asking. And I am not the time that take pictures and flaunt them on social media. I live my life on low-key.

I need your honest opinion.

Insults are welcome I promise I won't react to any insult.

I wanted to block them on my social media especially on WhatsApp but I had a rethink so they won't feel like I am proud because I am in abroad.

cry
Baba block the shameless freeloaders. Unless you wanna remain a cash cow. Infact Mayb you should start spinning tales, tell them u no longer have a job, ur house was repossessed, u squatting with a relative, I bet you they'll stop messaging you. Fake friends they are.
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by tunize(m): 11:19pm On Jul 27, 2020
So friends like u still exist in this life waoooooo nor b sey na dem send u go abroad or dem make one kind life sacrifice for u, such that wen u think of that event u wud nvr turn ur back on them.

Am still Amazed why some nigga the moment dem cross border comot 9ja una friendship na history. Bros learn to sey NO if u like good pass "gulder" u can nvr be loved by the world me i don talk my own
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by OCway92806: 11:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
Alaye wake up the bastard even tell you say “E pain me ooo” bastard dem no sabi anything called stress wey man Dey put for body for ilu oyinbo
wen dem done shayo or shagbo they will now be having liver to chat and say the most cruelest of things, which keep them in their situation, you have kids you have a wife my brother japa! Your eleda and ancestors will be with you till eternity because you have Good heart.
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by ihec(m): 11:41pm On Jul 27, 2020
U see these set of people that drain you financial and still bring God into it ehhh avoid them because they ar heartless. U have to start saying No and they will leave when they see dat nothing come out for your side again.
Please don't release even #1 to anyone.
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by OCway92806: 11:45pm On Jul 27, 2020
Hedonisco:
Oshey, agba friend.

You're the kind of friend 80% of these broke, leeching Nairalanders would pray to have. You're doing well.

Keep up the good work, until your eyes clear.

Say! it loud let those broke sad bastards who have given up in life and think they need their friend to fulfill destiny hear this, idiots dem no go aso rock ask Buhari for $$$ na their friend dem won kill awon eleribu

2 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by OCway92806: 11:56pm On Jul 27, 2020
ThatCEO:
You might be your own problem. You don't help them because u care about these people, you just want them to keep hailing u as per ChiarMo. Don't want to be seen as d bad guy.

I’m on you “Mainland Dreams Nigerians “ today idiot, somebody remembered the struggle from the past life God has already provided him an opportunity to see how things are done normally, something you won’t know cos where you stay is “racket” Nigeria

And because of those memories go and google the term “memories” you troll, he decided to show love back to his friends who are obviously delinquents, hater oshi, and don’t even try to deny it ! because you are one ! And from your “baddest guy” comment you a straight bitch

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by concerned99: 12:14am On Jul 28, 2020
Kenn55:
Sometimes i feel that a lot of stories we read on this platform are fake.

How can this be real? I don't believe that someone can be this stupid and weak. It defies all understanding.

Its not about being stupid, its the mentality some people bring when they don't know how hard you work for that money. This guy is loyal, he was lucky to travel and start a new life abroad and remembers how tough things were when they were still hustling trying to look for a way out. Some friends are closer than family depending on what you guys have been through. Its hard for him to say no to these guys because he has for love them. Your mentality has changed and you guys are no longer on the same wave length, so just put them on a certain allowance then leave it like that. Also complain about your bills and let them know you are on a tight budget. For them to be able to call his wife and sister they must really be close.

2 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by MrJavaS: 12:16am On Jul 28, 2020
ikoroduarea:
Hi all,

Firstly, insults are welcome. I reside in Europe. Two of my friends they are biological brothers, they've been sucking me. I have been sending them money regularly for years, yes years, but I now realised that these people are not ready to work or learn any skill. Even their own biological brother in abroad reported them to me and doesn't take them serious anymore except their mum. Infarct, i used to send money to their mum too. But they just keep asking me for money everytime. Imagine I just sent you money when you said you are sick, two days after you sent me voice record asking me for money to rent a shop. Then the younger one who's chat bellow asking me for 100k for three of them as if I am picking money on the floor here. To some people in Nigeria who always think all nigerians in diaspora think we always think you're begging for money whenever you say hi just to hear from us, it is not the case. How about this too?

I am really tired. My wife who always agree I should help them have started complaining too. These two friends suddenly changed because I used to send them money even before they ask. It's like every week one problem must happen to them that require money. They will just send account number and the deadline time. They keep coming, coming, coming back again after giving. I have paid hundreds of thousands of naira for visa processing for one of them maybe at least they will stop asking me for money and one will be able to help his brother, but the visa was unsuccessful.

Few days ago one of them ask me to give him my sister's number that he just want to greet her since it's been years he saw her last. Behold, the next day my sister called to ask when did I hear from my friend last and did he mention about financial problem to me, I told my sister that he called me two days ago and asked of her number which I gave him. My sister said he requested for money to support his house rent and she sent him some money. I was shocked. Can you imagine guys? My friend. I am not saying it's a crime for him to ask my sister money but why lie to me that you just want to greet her when you asked me for her number? Whereas I just sent him money too not even up to a week.

I know one or the two of them will start gossiping me around that I am proud, but they won't tell them about the good I have done for them, I have been doing. They won't. Some friends are not worth it anymore. I am very upset now that it's affecting me mentally and with my wife. Even my children were asking me last night "dad are you alright, you're not happy".

You know what again, one of them sent messages to my wife asking for mobile phone. I saw it but my wife didn't know that I saw it not until I responded to him myself and told my wife to never bother. My wife later sent the phone to him. Since then he's been using that opportunity to demand from her. Though he eventually stopped it but continue asking me only.

I have sent so much money but they just never stop asking. And I am not the time that take pictures and flaunt them on social media. I live my life on low-key.

I wanted to block them on my social media especially on WhatsApp but I had a rethink so they won't feel like I am proud because I am in abroad.

cry

Let me not bore you with too much talk.

This is the simplest solution to your predicament:

Just learn to say NO and that's it.
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by johhnnie(m): 12:30am On Jul 28, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
What did I just read? Is it too hard for you sir, to say no to people over the phone?

Sometimes, some people just have hearts of gold. Not quite easy to change. And, it's these kind of people that the society exploit with acts of wickedness and self centeredness. It's painful.

Sometimes, just blocking people off is not as easy for some of us as people think. Because of the humanity and the kindness in us.

And, sometimes, it gets too late before we realise , that we were merely sowing into empty baskets.

Please, be wise. I have been there. I tried so hard to undo it and am still trying.

And, sometimes, it's just some sort of weakness.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 28, 2020
Beatswim:
I know u wrote this to hear what u want..my take is that God elevated u there for a reason..u are better than them..they need your help..Nigeria is hard to live.. Just do whatever in your capacity and stop saying they are milking u..it's your turn today and who knows tomorrow

LOL. OP, don't fall for it.
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by GloShare(m): 12:44am On Jul 28, 2020
ikoroduarea:
Hi all,

cry

What I did with friends was pretend I lost my job.

I asked them for money once. They sent cos they thought it was a test.

I asked second time, they knew it was RED, so them jah.

I sent message to third party to tell them I'm waiting. They ignored.

I bounce back �

Them fall back, I ignore.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by GloShare(m): 12:45am On Jul 28, 2020
Beatswim:
I know u wrote this to hear what u want..my take is that God elevated u there for a reason..u are better than them..they need your help..Nigeria is hard to live.. Just do whatever in your capacity and stop saying they are milking u..it's your turn today and who knows tomorrow

A lazy man needs no help.
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 1:05am On Jul 28, 2020
My professional advice for you bro, You can start online business like blogging business and keep your self busy whenever you are free, so that you will not give those guys your money
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by InvertedHammer: 1:20am On Jul 28, 2020
/
Stop disturbing people with stories of your life if you are not man enough to say NO.

Are you expecting a standing ovation? The only one with the problem in this case is YOU. If you keep feeding stray cats, they will keep coming back.
/

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by jaxxy(m): 1:32am On Jul 28, 2020
ikoroduarea:
Hi all,

cry

These Ure friends are lazy bunch. U better advice them to get a life and stop being a nuisance. If u keep this up u will get depressed. I know how such demanding ingrates can be.

When they see ure the helpful time they keep taking advantage and even see u as mumu, imagine that one saying he’s praying for u so u can be sending money to them to squander, has he prayed for himself He need prayers more than u do.

It’s not a crime to ask for help bt it shud be this reoccurring. This is abuse of friendship and privilege. Why shud a grown adult be begging this way.

Ask them about their work and If u must give them, give only to start up Smtn to generate money for themselves after which they must stop begging anyhow or u will ignore them. Don’t block them.

They need more intense and elaborate advice than money.
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by dangoteinlaw: 1:42am On Jul 28, 2020
Op op op how many times i call u, i have alot of siblings and friends abroad not that i ask them for anything coz I myself I'm okay here coz most of us finished together but coz of the connection and things we passed through together they almost see me like their father here infact whenever anyone wanted to do something there ir in Nigeria i am the first person they call. Yhe only luck i have is that i am doin 200% okay coz if I wasn't i am very certain they willl do more than send me a meager 300k so let me ask if there's some way they really helped u like sacrificed alot for you? I and Stanley way back eh we both lived together in a room. He was rusticated gor a year, wanted to go back home i told him his life will be ruined coz his parents won't give him another chance i asked him to stay back and i will take care of him which i did. He got wayward at some point joined cult but i never left him, i was stabbed coz of him but i knew his future was outside this world, i always saw wings on him whenever i see him which he himself never knew and today he's more than okay. Tell me if I needed money how much will such person send? 100k? Lmao. So that's why i asked was there anything big tin they did that u are not saying, if there is i beg of u don't leave them. Try and see how u can help the situation, giving someone 50k is not help, its beer money, set the person up so he can fish for himself. Even when things don't work out with the business try and see ow u can solve it help out again, they may br your helpers tomorrow. I have seen billionaires die and all their so called wealth distributed by the same ppl they think were desturbing them, no let them use juju on you yet. Help them out if you are capable. As for me its even my joy helping out old friends, it gives me that sense of a big circle. They are not doing well but at least they are alive and in my circle, the little message i send them i have them to send those messages and they already me. Their prayers are following me thats why god keep blessing me. The bible says that some ppl give more and still have more in stock but some keep all they have and yet are still poor.
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Kivaro(m): 2:06am On Jul 28, 2020
johhnnie:

Sometimes, some people just have hearts of gold. Not quite easy to change. And, it's these kind of people that the society exploit with acts of wickedness and self centeredness. It's painful.

Sometimes, just blocking people off is not as easy for some of us as people think. Because of the humanity and the kindness in us.

And, sometimes, it gets too late before we realise , that we were merely sowing into empty baskets.

Please, be wise. I have been there. I tried so hard to undo it and am still trying.

And, sometimes, it's just some sort of weakness.

Why is everyone keep saying that the OP is being exploited? Has it occurred to you that the OP has been enabling them and enslaving them into Master-Slave mentality? Right, the Open is the master and the friends are the slaves. The slave master must feed the slaves because the slaves depend on the Slave master for their needs. On the contrary, it is the OP who is exploiting and enslaving these friends due to slave-master mentality.
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by ThatCEO: 2:25am On Jul 28, 2020
OCway92806:

I’m on you “Mainland Dreams Nigerians “ today idiot, somebody remembered the struggle from the past life God has already provided him an opportunity to see how things are done normally, something you won’t know cos where you stay is “racket” Nigeria

And because of those memories go and google the term “memories” you troll, he decided to show love back to his friends who are obviously delinquents, hater oshi, and don’t even try to deny it ! because you are one ! And from your “baddest guy” comment you a straight bitch

Not everyone u meet online is not exposed. When you find yourself in d abroad, always resist d urge to post on FB, IG or WhatsApp status. Lots of people r too in a hurry to announce to d world that d hv finally made it.

Nothing wrong with giving but d op clearly isn't comfortable enough to start giving out. Nowhere is easy, naija or d abroad.

I am not to go harsh on u as u were harsh in me, u hv only said things based on how far u can see.
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by NiCurious: 4:29am On Jul 28, 2020
Stop sending. If you want to block them, block them.
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by teekay021: 4:30am On Jul 28, 2020
I will try to be straight with you because I am also a victim of extortion, I leave in canada and I have large friend base as a matter of fact I champion most of the gathering we organized before I left Nigeria. My case is strangely someone who deliberately put himself in an uncomfortable position and protray myself as a friend in need and family to them all, even my first savings was shared among many . I think what we get wrong is gifting someone money without asking. I swear to God I have sent out money to someone while I never get a thank you message back I felt compel to do it over and over again . I'm still doing a bit but I have converted 80% of my resources to be solely for me and my family alone . You should know and learn how to say No. you will be amazed as they approach you with sense of entitlement and command . A friend of mine just got a venza ( on finance ) he upload the pucture with a native attire ( agbada) to his whatsapp . Immediately his i box was floode with requst message . You should do your best but remember you come first and you can't satisfy everyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Carlmax(m): 4:37am On Jul 28, 2020
Mindlog:

You lose the assertiveness when you begin to explain why you are saying NO, giving the other person the opportunity to whittle your resolve.

Personally, I have internalized it and learnt how not to feel guilty when I say NO to whatever/ whoever I can't say YES to.

Hmmm "Wisdom". Lord give me the will to be able to say NO... I need it badly, I am same as OP. Just beginning to change.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Naijaforeigner: 4:48am On Jul 28, 2020
teekay021:
I will try to be straight with you because I am also a victim of extortion, I leave in canada and I have large friend base as a matter of fact I champion most of the gathering we organized before I left Nigeria. My case is strangely someone who deliberately put himself in an uncomfortable position and protray myself as a friend in need and family to them all, even my first savings was shared among many . I think what we get wrong is gifting someone money without asking. I swear to God I have sent out money to someone while I never get a thank you message back I felt compel to do it over and over again . I'm still doing a bit but I have converted 80% of my resources to be solely for me and my family alone . You should know and learn how to say No. you will be amazed as they approach you with sense of entitlement and command . A friend of mine just got a venza ( on finance ) he upload the pucture with a native attire ( agbada) to his whatsapp . Immediately his i box was floode with requst message . You should do your best but remember you come first and you can't satisfy everyone.

Just imagine? no thank you, just "hello"
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Gbanoawuzie: 5:26am On Jul 28, 2020
learn to be a man. Your no should be no. if you continue like this, you will die before your time. Stop giving them money because your friends dont want to work.
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Nobody: 5:34am On Jul 28, 2020
[s][b]
ikoroduarea:
Hi all,

cry
[/b][/s]
Attention seeker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Jayjey(m): 6:47am On Jul 28, 2020
Kenn55:
Sometimes i feel that a lot of stories we read on this platform are fake.

How can this be real? I don't believe that someone can be this stupid and weak. It defies all understanding.

It doesn't because some people are very generous to fault. I know a friend that can give out his last Kobo. He can go out of his way to maje sure a friend is okay. God always bless such kind souls. I will just advice him to limit the frequency of giving.
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by debasco1(m): 7:22am On Jul 28, 2020
[quote author=ikoroduarea post=92126103]Hi all,

My brother, beggars will always ask and givers will never lack.
My opinion.
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Ejanla07: 7:24am On Jul 28, 2020
ikoroduarea:
Hi all,

cry

Ode. Drop ur number i need help from u
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Aquarapha1(m): 7:41am On Jul 28, 2020
You said your friends? OK ,Are u doing same thing to ur family. If yes, give some money now and says NO to them. Because NO means Next Opportunity. Shalom Leka
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Ishilove: 8:04am On Jul 28, 2020
J111333:
He is lavishing on lazy friends and not family unlike in my own case. A brother of his so called friends had advised him yet he refused to listen so you can see that his iberibeism is beyond mekwatalism. grin
Looool. What does mekwatalism mean?
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Sarang(f): 8:10am On Jul 28, 2020
Dude you are so kind

Use all this money you are sending to them and start saving for your kids future
Nah you born them?
They are probably as old as you are
Why are you being responsible to adults who are not even your family members??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Vehicle Offence In UK And Nigeria, LASTMA Example (pics) / Photos: 4 Nigerian Students Found Dead In An Apartment In Georgia / 10 Most Popular Structures In Lagos And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.