Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? (560 Views)

Hi. Beautiful Christian sister needed for marriage / Can A Christian Sister Divorce An Impotent Brother? / True Beauty Of A Christian Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by olakunle5296: 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
Hello Nairalanders, please can a single Christian sister who isn't getting any Marriage proposal from a Christian brother but approaching menopause go for IVF from a sperm bank? So that she can at least have a child of her own flesh and blood in life, has she committed any sin against God?
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by candyguyofficia(m): 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2020
Need they say is the mother of necessity, IVF isn't a sin for women who have issue with pregnancy neither is it a sin for single who for reason (s) best known to them decide to adopt the process for pregnancy. IVF has NOTHING to do with sex (either penetrative or otherwise) so the sin of fornication or adultry cannot be said to have been committed.

"Jesus love the little children" (remember the song?) if Jesus didn't love little children he won't tell them to come to him when the elders were driving the children away from him. The long and short of it is that Child (ren) regardless of the means of their conception and regardless of the circumstance of their birth are all equally love by God.

If there are different category of children as a result of their means of conception or as a result of the condition of their birth, do you think Jesus that was conceived by the Holy Spirit and birthed by Mary and that was born in a manger of all place because there was no space in the inn would be the saviour of the universe?

Have you ever thought about the means of conception of the saviour (that was non penetrative) and IVF? I'm not saying is through IVF Christ was born but just want to juggle your mind a bit.

Lastly, kindly tell the sister or yourself (if you) to kindly lower your guide. I may be wrong but there is nothing like "best husband" no one has it all in terms of flawless character and personality, for this reason I say when you find a "christian brother" who you know geniuely loves you but have some flaws that he admits are flaws try and help him avoid those flaws and build him to the man you desire, if you think it's impossible remember men are the head but women are the neck (and can turn a man to a desired direction) and there are some changes men make for the sake of love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by Emmanuelcann: 5:03pm On Jul 26, 2020
This is really challenging.
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by ITbomb(m): 5:22pm On Jul 26, 2020
No, please go ahead and have your bundle of joy
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2020
olakunle5296:
Hello Nairalanders, please can a single Christian sister who isn't getting any Marriage proposal from a Christian brother but approaching menopause go for IVF from a sperm bank? So that she can at least have a child of her own flesh and blood in life, has she committed any sin against God?
Why doesn't she simply opt for adoption instead? She gets to keep her figure and at the same time help raise a child who is already here.

A child is a child whether your own blood flows through it or not.

The world doesn't need more kids growing without a father and mother unit is why I ask.
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by Juliusmomoh: 6:15pm On Jul 26, 2020
Totally wrong dear
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Why doesn't she simply opt for adoption instead? She gets to keep her figure and at the same time help raise a child who is already here.

A child is a child whether your own blood flows through it or not.

The world doesn't need more kids growing without a father and mother unit is why I ask.
eleyi gidi gan...but adopting is almost impossible for a single parent especially in obodo naija.

Is it a sin to save a life on a sabbath? I dont think so.
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
veeshock:

eleyi gidi gan...but adopting is almost impossible for a single parent especially in obodo naija.

Is it a sin to save a life on a sabbath? I dont think so.
why is adoption near impossible for single parents in Nigeria? undecided

About the Sabbath, the key to note is that it is God's day to decide what you do, not a day for us to instead do what we like.
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:

About the Sabbath, the key to note is that it is God's day to decide what you do, not a day for us to instead do what we like.
how many have you adopt undecided
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
HealthOfficer07:
how many have you adopt undecided
Why do you ask?
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 26, 2020
olakunle5296:
the sperm she use belongs to a man you know?

Anyway I don't know much about the spiritual angle. But I don't think it's a sin, even if she commit sin God will always forgive.
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Why do you ask?
the same reason you're advocating for it!

You should lay good examples not just run mouth.
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Jul 26, 2020
HealthOfficer07:
the same reason you're advocating for it!
You should lay good examples not just run mouth.
Maybe you should tell us what is wrong with adoption since you seem to think it is wrong, example-wise? undecided

Go ahead and run your own mouth then, let's see if you have anything more sensible to suggest here. undecided
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Getting a child from an orphanage requires giving assurance the child would receive the best care at all times, for a single lady of child bearing age there is the possibility she would have her own child someday however slim it may be either from marriage or with new techniques(ivf), and when that happens some people would neglect the adopted child so for that reason orphanages do not readily give out children especially to couples of child bearing ages and worse for singles...one could still adopt from nonconventional means(within close family) maybe if its an option to op.

The illustration of the Lord of the Sabbath is definitely not a permission to do whatever one wants, still not following after the law religiously, ink after ink, dot to dot; love being the guide of our actions.
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Maybe you should tell us what is wrong with adoption since you seem to think it is wrong, example-wise? undecided

Go ahead and run your own mouth then, let's see if you have anything more sensible to suggest here. undecided
nothing is wrong with adoption.
But you're so ignorant to understand what it entails. you're just a senseless hypocrite running your mouth on what you know next to nothing about.
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by Kobojunkie: 7:31pm On Jul 26, 2020
HealthOfficer07:
nothing is wrong with adoption.
But you're so ignorant to understand what it entails. you're just a senseless hypocrite running your mouth on what you know next to nothing about.

I am ignorant to understand what adoption entails? And you know this how? undecided
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Jul 26, 2020
veeshock:

Getting a child from an orphanage requires giving assurance the child would receive the best care at all times, for a single lady of child bearing age there is the possibility she would have her own child someday however slim it may be either from marriage or with new techniques(ivf), and when that happens some people would neglect the adopted child so for that reason orphanages do not readily give out children especially to couples of child bearing ages and worse for singles...one could still adopt from nonconventional means(within close family) maybe if its an option to op.
And this is the law in Nigeria or just your opinion?
As far as I know it, adoption can be handled directly.. A mother agreeing to give up the care of her child to another whom she believes more capable or through an agency.

veeshock:

The illustration of the Lord of the Sabbath is definitely not a permission to do whatever one wants, still not following after the law religiously, ink after ink, dot to dot; love being the guide of our actions.
God is the guide as He actually dictates what is to be acceptable. Jesus Christ did state that He is the Lord of the Sabbath.
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 27, 2020
Kobojunkie:
And this is the law in Nigeria or just your opinion?
As far as I know it, adoption can be handled directly.. A mother agreeing to give up the care of her child to another whom she believes more capable or through an agency.

God is the guide as He actually dictates what is to be acceptable. Jesus Christ did state that He is the Lord of the Sabbath.
My opinion so? Have you worked closely with an orphanage?
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by Janosky: 11:58am On Jul 27, 2020
olakunle5296:
Let's call a spade,a spade.

Is that donor sperm from your husband, the man who married you ?

This IVF process for a single woman is no different from getting impregnated through sexual intercourse.

Whatever way single women decides to get impregnated outside marriage ,it is still what it is- Fornication.

The ultimate decision to do it or not, is your own cup of tea.

Shalom.
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by Kobojunkie: 2:27pm On Jul 27, 2020
veeshock:

My opinion so? Have you worked closely with an orphanage?
From my understanding, there are no common laws that stipulate who can and who cannot adopt even in Nigeria. I have even read that in some cases, all one needs is money to buy a child.

That said, what you mentioned does not seem a good enough reason to deny any one, single or not, access to adopt any child so long as the person in question has the means and no criminal background to indicate that such a child will indeed be endangered by any future changes in the life of the adopter.

Adoption remains an excellent choice in the case of this woman if she is willing to overlook the 'blood' thing.
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by ThothHermes: 3:36pm On Jul 27, 2020
Interesting question.
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:
From my understanding, there are no common laws that stipulate who can and who cannot adopt even in Nigeria. I have even read that in some cases, all one needs is money to buy a child.

That said, what you mentioned does not seem a good enough reason to deny any one, single or not, access to adopt any child so long as the person in question has the means and no criminal background to indicate that such a child will indeed be endangered by any future changes in the life of the adopter.

Adoption remains an excellent choice in the case of this woman if she is willing to overlook the 'blood' thing.
It isnt always straight forward as you think, except from a different source(close family). The laws are there but one might get frustrated meeting the requirements since it is subjective. And what I mentioned isnt good enough reason? Have you seen children retrieved by orphanages from their foster parents due to maltreatment?
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by Kobojunkie: 8:42am On Jul 28, 2020
veeshock:
It isnt always straight forward as you think, except from a different source(close family). The laws are there but one might get frustrated meeting the requirements since it is subjective. And what I mentioned isnt good enough reason? Have you seen children retrieved by orphanages from their foster parents due to maltreatment?
Foster parents? Or adopted parents?
Well, if you are talking of maltreatment, even children experience that from birth parents, so It would be suspicious to not find that some adopted parents also do same. That said, if they can be rescued from such maltreatment then by all means. However, I see no reason why a woman or man who is capable should, in this day and age, be denied access to love a child or more simply on grounds that his marital status may change in the future.
Re: Can A Single Christian Sister Go For IVF? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Foster parents? Or adopted parents?
Well, if you are talking of maltreatment, even children experience that from birth parents, so It would be suspicious to not find that some adopted parents also do same. That said, if they can be rescued from such maltreatment then by all means. However, I see no reason why a woman or man who is capable should, in this day and age, be denied access to love a child or more simply on grounds that his marital status may change in the future.
We always see stories of how people maltreat their housrmaids and all, how many times have you seen stories of people treating their own kids so harshly? Go discuss with an orphanage home caregiver or any NAPTIP official to understand what Im saying.
Lets assume OP gets a kid from an orphanage today, tommorrow she finds a husband and gets more babies, is there any guarantee the husband would be nice to the adopted baby and treat her as he would treat his own? And if op is male and same scenario plays out what are the chances the baby would still get the best?

(1) (Reply)

Was The Apostle Paul Ever Married / Nsima Ekere Will Soon Be Enthroned As The Governor Of Akwa Ibom State / Dawar Destroyers? Saajid Lipham Blasts Mohammed Hijab ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.