Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Inspirational Shot- How A Suitor Paid To Have A Second Chance With Paul Pogba - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Inspirational Shot- How A Suitor Paid To Have A Second Chance With Paul Pogba (198 Views)

Nigerian & Ugandan Players Dancing With Paul Okoye Of Psquare. / Paul Pogba And His Twin Brothers Dance At MTV EMA (Photos, Video) / Jose Mourinho ‘furious With Paul Pogba’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inspirational Shot- How A Suitor Paid To Have A Second Chance With Paul Pogba by anekearinze(m): 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
[b][/b]

Wasn't it said by James Hardly Chase that fear is the key to unlocking the wallet of the rich? Fear is a psychological weapon against progress and the free mind. Our fear is basically not of the unknown but of what we believe about the unknown. The brave man is not he who does not experience fear, but he who conquers that fear and uses it as a ladder to ascend to a height unimaginable.

"I allowed the fear of what could happen, to destroy my life", said Pa Alfred. He scooped a pint of ground tobacco with his thumb like a shovel through sand and dumped it into one of his nostrils. With tears running down his eyes owing to the effect of the tobacco, he continued, " I will never forget the effect my boss's words had on me each time he reminded me I could lose my job if I don't perform beyond expectation".

He cleared his throat and said, "The fear of losing my job consumed me and became the denominator of everything I did. It set a cloud of limitations over me and I became someone else. I wasted my youthful years with an employer that had no plans for my future. I ended up being used.” Fear of losing one's job is cancer that devours the mindset of an average employee. The employers know this. The supervisors know this. Their supervisors or superiors know too. It is a weapon used with the intent to keep the employee's eyes on the mark but it ends up hitting the panic button in the employee's brain and it triggers the psychological bullying that follows.

Never allow the fear of losing a job keep you rolling on the bed all night. Embrace faith and make a pillow out of it. Come to think of it, losing a job creates a domino effect of vacancies. It opens up a space for someone else, which opens up that person's job for another, and so on. In other words, when you lose your job, that same job would be out there looking for someone. There is a job out there waiting for you, but you have to go get it. Finding this job is not exclusively about working for someone. It could be about living a dream that could eventually create jobs for other people.

REFLECTION
The truth is that some people need to be forced through a door for them to be caressed by the soothing arms of the morning sun- their mindset contains them within a space until they get a nudge or a shove. Paul Pogba was forced out of Manchester United in 2012 after being promoted to the senior team by Sir Alex Ferguson the previous year. The club believed he was not good enough to don the red jersey of the Red Devils. He didn't whine. He didn't fight. He never cursed nor traded blows. In response, he went to another club waiting for him and ended up adding so much value to himself that Man United that let him go for almost nothing, bought him back from Juventus, the same club they sold him to about four years ago, for £89m in the 2016/2017 season. If your employers say you are not good enough, it is their opinion. Do not whine! Walk away with pride and step out of the door with a bounce in your steps. Tuck away the experiences and knowledge your employer blessed you with and go find that job or calling, waiting for you.

Fear is an enemy. Do not let it rule your life. Losing your job may be the only door you need to waltz through to Eldorado. Don't destroy yourself like Pa Alfred who sat all day stuffing his brain with tobacco. Be a Pogba, that lost a job that opened the door for something bigger. By the way, Pogba’s net worth is about £85million and he is currently on a weekly wage of £290,000. He has an endorsement with Adidas valued at £31million. That is the strength of the brand Pogba has become. You too can be one, if you do not let that fear take you hostage.

For more inspirational short stories:
https://anekearinzeblog.com

(1) (Reply)

Monaco Ask For 30 Million For Varane's Successor / Coughing Is Now Red Card Offense - Premier League / Alexis Sanchez: Reactions Trail Ex-epl Player's Permanent Move To Inter Milan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.