Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa (38846 Views)

'Ndigbo Republic, Not Biafra May Emerge If South-East Fail To Produce President' / Sidi Ali Mohammed: ‘Boko Haram Fighters Are Usually Paid $3,000 Daily’ / Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari's Father Is From Niger Republic, Not A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by Nemere2020: 3:30pm On Jul 27, 2020
EXPOSED: Niger Republic Citizen Nominated As Non-career Ambassador By President Buhari After Claiming To Be From Jigawa State

Mr Ali Mohammed Magashi, one of the recently appointed non-career ambassadors by President Muhammadu Buhari, has been discovered to be originally from Niger Republic and not Jigawa State as claimed, SaharaReporters has gathered.

Magashi's immediate younger brother from same parents, Ahamadou Harouna (aka Denis), is a lawmaker and member of the Convention Democratique et Social, one of the parties backing the incumbent President of Niger Republic, Issoufou Mahamadou.

His late father, Haru Tela, is said to have arrived Nigeria as a refugee in 1972 as a result of drought and subsequent famine that swept across the West Africa Sahel region at the time.

He settled at a village in Jigawa State on the outskirts of Babura, a border town between Nigeria and Niger Republic where Governor Abubakar was born.

It was there that the Jigawa governor met Magashi and formed a friendship that would last till this day.

As a child in Nigeria, the ambassador nominee was known as Ibrahim Haruna but got admission into Government Technical College, Wudil, Kano State, as Ali Mohammed Magashi in 1977 -- he has kept that name till date.

Recall that President Buhari had on July 1, 2020 in a letter sent to the Senate asked for the confirmation of the appointment of 41 non-career ambassadors designate including Magashi.

The Senate, however, confirmed 39 of them and stood down the confirmation of nominees from Niger and Yobe states to resolve what the committee described as a “mixup”.

Despite being from Niger Republic, Magashi sailed through the screening exercise and is set to assume duties as an ambassador for Nigeria.

To achieve this, he cleverly refused providing information about his parents and the primary school he attended during the Senate screening, SaharaReporters gathered.

Sources in Jigawa further disclosed that he was nominated by Governor Abubakar to serve and protect his business interests within and outside Nigeria.

It was reliably scooped that the reason behind this arrangement was to have Magashi posted to Morocco where the Jigawa State governor has a firm through which he imports fertilizers into Nigeria for sale to government at exorbitant prices.

"In the event that he scales through, Governor Abubakar intends to manipulate the Presidency for Magashi to be posted to Morocco.

"Casablanca is the latest business frontier for the governor from where he imports fertilisers and sells to the Nigerian Government among others," one of the sources said.

Calls put across to Magashi for reaction to the findings were not responded to as of the time of this report.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/07/27/exposed-niger-republic-citizen-nominated-non-career-ambassador-president-buhari-after

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by slimfit1(m): 3:34pm On Jul 27, 2020
Let ��Togo brothers into Oduduwa

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by SmartProf(m): 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2020
If the Ships that came from Europe into Nigeria to harvest slaves were to come back again, a lot of Nigerians will buy slots to follow the ships cos of the mess the country has become. That ambassador must be representing cows and not Nigerians. Buhari has used that slot to strengthen his ties with his herdsmen brothers. It's annoying to read that the Jigawa state Governor allegedly fronted him so he can get him serve as an ambassador to Morocco, and double as his conduit in his Casablanca based fertilizer company...this is just the height of creative fraud.

226 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by Golan007: 3:44pm On Jul 27, 2020
He's as Nigerian as Atiku.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by illicit(m): 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2020
e shock u

4 Likes

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by Racoon(m): 5:18pm On Jul 27, 2020
Then as military president in 1985, Buhari advocated & voted for Idi Omaro (a fulani man from Niger Republic) as the OAU secretary against his country man-ambassador Peter Onu in a gross disregard for country.

The same Buhari a delegation left Niger Republic passed through Kano to partake in his presidential election campaign? Remember, the railway corridor being proposed from Kano/Kastina will also end in Maradi-Niger Republic.

So nothing new because Buhari has committed a lots of lawlessness & illegalities never seen by any president in histroy including the abuse of national security.

257 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by Loadbalancer(m): 5:18pm On Jul 27, 2020
cheesy which kind wahala be this. Buhari might go down as the most ridiculous President ever in Nigeria's history if care is not taken. How are we even sure this was a mistake

Learn project analysis with SPSS & Eviews via zoom/whatsapp, for just N1,999. Please click my name for details

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2020
This is obviously the worst president of all time

147 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by ogbuefi677(m): 5:25pm On Jul 27, 2020
Not a strange thing for Buhari to do

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by JAMO84: 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2020
Some Nigerians did not live in America as long as this man lived in Nigeria before they get appointed or elected to public office. Hypocrisy is top of the many things I hate in my life, he came here as a child and has live here since 1975, 45 years and counting!

BTW, who take Sahara Reporters serious again in this country, maybe PDP dundees.

I AM DONE TALKING

100 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by Cyberterror: 5:53pm On Jul 27, 2020
Atiku from Cameroon was once our VP. Wailers should chew on that.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by baliyubla: 6:28pm On Jul 27, 2020
This Jubril Al Sudan story might just be true after all. This is abnormal.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by flimzy24: 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2020

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by datola: 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2020
This will shock president Buhari as usual.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by Dpharisee: 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2020
If he is good at his job and is ready to serve Nigeria with his heart I don't see any big deal in it. After all we celebrate Nigerians holding positions in other countries

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by ebujany(m): 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2020
Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by nexta007(m): 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2020
I say to Nigeria my country!!! To faithful, Liar and Honest...
Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by Nchenches: 6:30pm On Jul 27, 2020
Nemere2020:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/07/27/exposed-niger-republic-citizen-nominated-non-career-ambassador-president-buhari-after

Ha ha ha. As if President Buhari has ever hidden the fact that he is presiding over Niger and Nigeria republics.
Buhari who splashes Oil revenues from the Nigerdelta on building standard gauge rail lines in Niger Republic while Eastern Nigerdelta region lacks modern standard gauge rail lines.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by mastermaestro(m): 6:30pm On Jul 27, 2020
JAMO84:
Some Nigerians did not live in America as long as this man lived in Nigeria before they get appointed or elected to public office. Hypocrisy is top of the many things I hate in my life, he came here as a child and has live here since 1975, 45 years and counting!

BTW, who take Sahara Reporters serious again in this country, maybe PDP dundees.

I AM DONE TALKING

You have made a great point which I agree with totally. Most Nigerians would jump to celebrate when their compatriots get government appointments in Oyinbo country, yet they will cry wolf when a foreigner enjoys the same benefit here.
Bloody selfish hypocrites!

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by Golan007: 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2020
Racoon:
Then as military president, Buhari voted for Idi Omaro(fulani man from Niger Republic) in 1985 as OAU secretary against his country man-ambassador Peter Onu in a gross disregard for country.

The same Buhari a delegation from Niger Republic passed through Kano to partake in his presidential election campaign? Remember, the railway being proposed from Kano/Kastina will also end in Maradi-Niger Republic.

So nothing new.Buhari have committed a lots of lawlessness & illegalities never seen by any president in histroy including the abuse of national security.

Peter Onu was not contesting.

He was the interim OAU sec.

Why is it that you people never like the truth?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by Trailblazer1(m): 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2020
Buhari is a bastard

How can a Nigerien be an ambassador of Nigeria

Amongst over 200 million Nigerians none was found fit but a Nigerien

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by iampeterben(m): 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2020
Nigeriens now ambassador for Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2020
Wonderful

Check the other side...some nominees are from Benin republic and Togo..

These are the people holding others to ransom just to feed their brothers in others countries..

If Buhari appointed someone from Niger republic, then definitely someone from Benin republic is on same list..

2 Likes

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by kapelvej: 6:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
JAMO84:

I AM DONE TALKING
I think the difference is that the origin of the Nigerians you talked about are well documented and well known. But when the man's origin is shrouded in secrecy, then it gives cause for concern

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by PigTormentor: 6:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
Same with Atiku the IPIG demi God.

I actually know about 3 people in my Estate who are from Benin Republic but have been in Nigeria for so long that they have been living basically as Nigerians. They vote during elections and their kids are in Nigerian schools as Nigerians.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by martineverest(m): 6:33pm On Jul 27, 2020
iampeterben:
Nigeriens now ambassador for Nigeria
but Atiku came from.cameroun...the nigerien naturalised na

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by Nickymichy(m): 6:34pm On Jul 27, 2020
Is he born in Nigeria?... If yes I don't think there is any issue here...I can never ever support this administration but if a Nigerian born in another country can hold key position in that same country I see no issue here if this guy was born in Nigeria

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by Hades2016(m): 6:34pm On Jul 27, 2020
Are you guys sure that this current administration are not trying to sell this country ? We all know that Buhari is an idiot and corruption is in his blood

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Mohammed Magashi Is From Niger Republic & Not Jigawa by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 27, 2020
[/color]His late father, Haru Tela, is said to have arrived Nigeria as a refugee in 1972 as a result of drought and subsequent famine that swept across the West Africa Sahel region at the time.[color=#990000]

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Takes COVID-19 Vaccine On Live TV (Video, Photos) / Man Killed By Suspected Bandits In Imo After Returning To The Village / Photos: INEC Official Caught With Thumb-Printed Ballot Papers In Ajeromi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.