Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. (68989 Views)

Clark To FG: Withdraw Naming Of Rail Stations After Jonathan, Awolowo. / FFK Slams Buhari For Not Naming Train Stations After Obasanjo, Adeboye, Oyedepo / Buhari Names Godknows Igali As APC Senatorial Aspirant, Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by Wickedfact: 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2020
emperor863:

I have a document that shows that Charles Nwafor Oritzu stole Millons of pounds belonging to common men, tried and jailed in the fifties.

He was later manipulated to the position of sanate presidency by Azikiwe (as a gift of the master/slave relationship that existed at the time)

No court has convicted Tinubu and therefore not a thief unlike Nwafor Oritzu.

If you prompt me, I'll upload the document I mentioned so that you can weep for your ancestor.

Even Nnamdi Azikiwe is a big thief. He stole money that belonged to the Eastern Region and used it to establish ACB bank.

Ekwueme was a worthless philanderer who impregnated a married woman twice.

Ojukwu has soldiers under him embark on armed robbery. They robbed the CBN branch in the Eastern region. I dare any Igbo man to deny these and I would put up evidence here.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by PROUDIGBO(m): 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2020
onez:
This is quite unnecessary. The stations are better named after the towns hosting them. Everything shouldn't be about politics.

Supported! Maybe key terminals/interchanges could be named after two or three personalities, but naming all of them after mainly greedy Nigerian politicians that put us in the mess we’re in, smacks of pandering to emotions and being patronising! More so, the politicians who are still active in partisan-politics!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by SaintBeehot(m): 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2020
matrixme:
Nothing is normal in this country. Everything is animate. When train stations and universities have names how do we expect them to behave normal? Even aircrafts and markets have local names. There is no entitlement in titles though.
Please when they have started filling names for rocks and rivers, I have a suggestion.
E pain am!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by jneutron4000: 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2020
it is ok that the station located in Yoruba land are named after Yoruba sons if not we will change it.
Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by ThatFairGuy1: 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2020
Wickedfact:
Because the SE Senate caucus was fighting Amaechi and wanted to sabotage him, they asked Saraki not to allow Amaechi amend budget. The amendment was to include Lagos Calabar rail. The sections to run through Igboland were in that budget. When Saraki cut that budget, I remember Igbos rejoicing on Nairaland. They did not know their generations would pay for that stupidity.

Today, Saraki is out, Lagos Ibadan Expressway is ongoing, Amaechi is back, Fashola is back, but the stupidity of those SE senators in 2016 is still haunting them. Look at them asking foolish questions on this thread. Playing politics like idiots since 1960.

See this one. Not even a dog had been named after your own father.

The New Niger bridge would be named Muhammadu Buhari Niger bridge. At least, every time you want to go to your village, you would bow before Buhari.
Your name implies you! You're indeed wicked with facts grin
cc Ispitoncowards

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by adenigga(m): 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2020
Aboguede:

Imagine you like soyinka is ur father

Mugu

Yes let the stations be named after the towns!

Yeye u

Don't stressed yourself jare, Soyinka will soon reject the offer unless if Baba has retired from activism.

Remember, Achebe rejected National honour in protest against the suffering of the masses during Yar'adua/Jonathan's era. So, I'm waiting for Soyinka.
Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by Superwave: 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2020
Chekwume16:
What is laudable about naming public assets after mostly criminals? You guys are not serious in this country.
Thank u for highlighting Ebele as one of the criminals on the list.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by bigtt76(f): 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2020
None after Obasanjo or Babangida or Abdulsalami? I'm sure Wole Soyinka and the Kuti family would reject it... He can't bear being listed among xxxxxx

naptu2:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NigeriaGov/status/1287764400351453185

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12009373_ekndlphxuaepkuj_jpeg_jpeg4d784df1a4b10860cac408dbbcb98f88
Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by celeiyke: 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
Nice one. But where is Bisi Akande's?

Ameachi ought to have been dignified as well.

Amaechi is d one doing the naming
Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by naptu2: 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2020
Aguogba:
your mumu no get part 2. Apart from maybe in North Korea, where in the world are train stations named after people? So, I want to drop in Oshogbo, and you want me to remember to drop at one Ikugbayin mumusenwon station. Why must you guys always defend rubbish from clueless leaders. Well, there was a country!.

At bold:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King_Jr._Plaza_(Toledo)

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by ThatFairGuy1: 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2020
Wickedfact:

Even Nnamdi Azikiwe is a big thief. He stole money that belonged to the Eastern Region and used it to establish ACB bank.

Ekwueme was a worthless philanderer who impregnated a married woman twice.

Ojukwu has soldiers under him embark on armed robbery. They robbed the CBN branch in the Eastern region. I dare any Igbo man to deny these and I would put up evidence here.
This is touching reality. How I wish thread can be create for these Facts
Ispitoncowards

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by jneutron4000: 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2020
wunmi590:

Good development, but where is Obasanjo's name?

At least his name should have appeared in his state
Obasanjo messed up and we would make sure he has no legacy in Yoruba land. That bastard Obasanjo was the one that named our Airport in Lagos after Muritala

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by Kennydoc(m): 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2020
Officialgarri:

You have problem. Wallahi angry Better do something meaningful in life so they could at least name a beer parlor after you.

I'm glad my dad's name is there. Congratulations Prof. Wole Soyinka. You will forever live in my heart

He doesn't have a problem. He is making sense.

This move is totally unnecessary. It only goes to show how poorly developed Nigerian Railway network is. The UK for example has well over 2000 train stations. Imagine naming these after different individuals.

Train stations are not like Airports which are normally not too many even in big and rich countries. It's easy for people to remember the names assigned to them. Train stations on the other hand are normally too many, and should retain the names of the towns or cities they are in. Even if you name them after individuals, I can bet you that they will be known more by the names of their locations.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by masui(m): 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2020
This corntree sef. Imagine wetin excite some people. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by MoIbrahim: 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2020
onez:
This is quite unnecessary. The stations are better named after the towns hosting them. Everything shouldn't be about politics.
I taya o.

So people would be saying, I want ticket to Wole Soyinka Station?
Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2020
Wickedfact:
Because the SE Senate caucus was fighting Amaechi and wanted to sabotage him, they asked Saraki not to allow Amaechi amend budget. The amendment was to include Lagos Calabar rail. The sections to run through Igboland were in that budget. When Saraki cut that budget, I remember Igbos rejoicing on Nairaland. They did not know their generations would pay for that stupidity.

Today, Saraki is out, Lagos Ibadan Expressway is ongoing, Amaechi is back, Fashola is back, but the stupidity of those SE senators in 2016 is still haunting them. Look at them asking foolish questions on this thread. Playing politics like idiots since 1960.

The New Niger bridge would be named Muhammadu Buhari Niger bridge. At least, every time you want to go to your village, you would bow before Buhari

Tkester:

See how someone finished ur lyf here. Kai

This insult touch my soul

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by foleskay(m): 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
Lol. Everything is still politics. The next govt ciuks change d naming again. I can see Obasanjo's name was deliberately omitted. Awon werey. They also not deemed it fit to name d osogbo station after non prominent apc stalwart from d state, like bisi akande or aregberascal. Nonsense. Apc no dey exceed 2023.
Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by olasaad(f): 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
Sammy07:

But when he named the other one in warri or so after Jonathan you didn't make this statement.

Kudos to Buhari, at least I could see names like Soyinka, osinbanjo, jakande, Ransome Kuti and our amiable gba gba Chief Obafemi Awolowo A.K.A Asiwaju of Yoruba Land

I hate seeing that Traitor Akintola and the looter that looted kwara state dry with little or no project, Olushola Saraki.
Before you quote me, make sure you have been to kwara state before.
All Sarakis could offer Is the stupid bridge at challenge, general hospital or so.

Congratulations Baba Oloye
Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by ThatFairGuy1: 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
emperor863:

I have a document that shows that Charles Nwafor Oritzu stole Millons of pounds belonging to common men, tried and jailed in the fifties.

He was later manipulated to the position of sanate presidency by Azikiwe (as part of the spoils of the master/slave relationship that existed at the time between Fulani Lords and their Igbo slaves)

No court has convicted Tinubu and therefore not a thief unlike Nwafor Oritzu who served jail time, released and served as Senate president.

If you prompt me, I'll upload the document I mentioned so that you can weep for your ancestor.
Please do. We need it in politics section for reason known to us
cc Ispitoncowards

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by Sammy07: 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2020
olasaad:

Congratulations Baba Oloye

Are you happy with the way things are in kwara state, your state?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by ThatFairGuy1: 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2020
foleskay:
Lol. Everything is still politics. The next govt ciuks change d naming again. I can see Obasanjo's name was deliberately omitted. Awon werey. They also not deemed it fit to name d osogbo station after non prominent apc stalwart from d state, like bisi akande or aregberascal. Nonsense. Apc no dey exceed 2023.
E pain this fake Yoruba

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 27, 2020
Wickedfact:

The New Niger bridge would be named Muhammadu Buhari Niger bridge. At least, every time you want to go to your village, you would bow before Buhari.
You have slave mentality, nuisance
Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by millionboi2: 5:15pm On Jul 27, 2020
Wickedfact:

What did they steal from you?
our national cake sir

Can u help us to recover it?
Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by ThatFairGuy1: 5:15pm On Jul 27, 2020
Bolosiye:
Trust Amechi now, they are naming airport after him. One of the best in the country for that matter. Dont ask me how i knew?
He deserves it

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by naptu2: 5:16pm On Jul 27, 2020
bigtt76:
None after Obasanjo or Babangida or Abdulsalami? I'm sure Wole Soyinka and the Kuti family would reject it... He can't bear being listed among xxxxxx

1 Like

Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by Wickedfact: 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2020
millionboi2:
our national cake sir

Can u help us to recover it?

National cake is vague. Be precise.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by foleskay(m): 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2020
AlexDeedat:
Olusegun Obasanjo Fa?

Mr Letter.....Oniyeye Lasan!
Awon baba e ni oniyeye. Canu u call your dad oniyeye. Alaikeko omo. Asif obasanjo get time to lobby for one yeye rail naming.
Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by Brunicekid(m): 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2020
SweetJoystick:
Shey Naira don appreciate with the naming of the railway stations?
Ask them o.
Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by olasaad(f): 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2020
Sammy07:

Are you happy with the way things are in kwara state, your state?

And what is the different between Kwara and others. They are all the same so don't kill yourself with hate over Nigeria politicians

1 Like

Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by Wickedfact: 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2020
operationmoses:

You have slave mentality, nuisance

Look at this one. The other day, you were begging to buy a laptop for 25k, last week, you weir begging for data entry jobs. Now, you are looking for where to learn website design for free. Poverty and slavery is your inheritance, you can't divorce it from you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by millionboi2: 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2020
Wickedfact:

National cake is vague. Be precise.
our national fund
Re: Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. by RPG2020(m): 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2020
Officialgarri:

You have problem. Wallahi angry Better do something meaningful in life so they could at least name a beer parlor after you.

I'm glad my dad's name is there. Congratulations Prof. Wole Soyinka. You will forever live in my heart

Na truth the guy talk check other countries their train station is named after the city not after your father

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tinubu Came To See Me 3 Times B4 I Approved Oando Conocophilips Deal - Diezani / Kiki Osinbajo Outfit To DJ Cuppy's Foundation's Fundraising Event / Dr Chinelo's Death: Joyebeneza, The Most Heartless Tweet I Have Seen On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.