Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,818 members, 7,806,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

A Letter To My Ex! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Letter To My Ex! (438 Views)

COVID-19 - A Letter To The UK From Italy: This Is What We Know About Your Future / A Letter From An Aborted Baby / Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Letter To My Ex! by iamgafar(m): 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
A LETTER TO MY EX!

"To whom it may concern"

Hey boo! What’s up? It has so been long I know you are probably surprised to hear from me, in a way, rightly so. They say I’m supposed to be writing this letter with hate in my mind but the truth is- I can't! I loved you, some would argue that I still do - I don’t know, maybe.

My main reason for writing you this letter though is to reconcile the facts and remind myself once more of why I got fed up in the first place.
Babe, you were the love of my life, you were my best friend, till this very day I still search hopelessly for one like you, you inspire me dear, you made me want to be a better person, you made me believe I was special, with you by my side, I felt invincible. It may be hard to tell, even now I would deny it but the truth remains that I miss you dear and sadly, no matter how hard I try, I could never change that.

Some days I miss you so much that it hurts, literally. I wake up remembering everything that happened between us and instantly wanting to go back to sleep because the pain doesn’t hurt as much when I dream of you. I miss the times we spent together, I miss those days we could sit together in silence and yet I could walk away feeling like I just had the most amazing conversation ever, it was like we had a language of our own. I miss your smile. I miss your sense of humor, I miss your wit.
“I miss you every day, every morning and every night. I still struggle to get by without you babe. I miss you like the moon misses the sun. I miss you like the ocean misses the shore and all those other things they say…” But the saddest thing – “I miss you more than you miss me, if you miss me.”

You were my Pride and Jewel, still though I have to say that our love was star crossed, like "Romeo and Juliet", the beauty of our love I'm afraid lied in its end. There is this trait you had my dear, back then it was cute and endearing but when I think of it now, its hideous, selfish and wicked - you my love were the veritable embodiment of a jealous lover, chasing away all prospective suitors yet refusing to cherish me. There was always this inequality in our relationship, you never did allow me grow taller than you- I know your first reaction would be that of repulsion and then blatant denial, but it’s fine - you always had to win every argument, you always had to have the spotlight, our rules would always cower before you. In the end babe, truth be told - your "ego" turned out to be a murderer, a cold blooded one at that. You never could sacrifice for the sake of our love, would it kill you to be wrong even when you are right, just this once for the sake of our love please? Would it kill you if we just talked about me, just this once? Would it kill you if my world did not revolve around you, just for sixty seconds please? I wish you took my “insecurities” more seriously and ended your affair with your side chic? Behind and in front of me, you were "sleeping with the enemy" - So what if I wasn't perfect either? Is forgiveness not the very tenet upon which love is supposed to be based? So what if I made a mistakes, loads of them? I’m not perfect! So what if I broke your heart a couple of times? I mean if I didn't, who would? Now a new love has to suffer for things an old one did. You cut me but you are gone and now I have to bleed on someone else.

Just so you know babe, I’ve been over thinking again. Brooding over everything that happened between us, searching to figure out where it all went wrong. Trying to determine how we got to this point. Looking for an answer on how things got so messed up. How did we even get here? How did we get to this place where we can’t both even be part of each other’s existence? A point where we can’t keep a conversation for up to five minutes without hate and hurt spurting all over. I’m still struggling to wrap my head around it all, struggling to come to terms with it all. Most times I would lie on my bed, in a vacant or pensive mood, staring vaguely at the steady running of the hour and after a lot of pondering, I'd tell myself that- "It was all my fault", that maybe if I had loved you more, or maybe if I had tolerated you more, or maybe if I had expected less, definitely if I had wronged you less or maybe this was how it was all fated, maybe, it’s all just so confusing at times.

As plain as simple as that could be, you were the one I wanted to be with for the rest of my life and no else. It comes to reality however that, that was apparently too much to ask for. There are so many questions I want to ask you right now and so many things I wish I could say to you but sadly I can’t.

If I could though, I would express how difficult it has been and how much I miss you. That I think about you every day. That I see your posts on Instagram but pain and pride would not allow me like them because you seem so happy. If I could, I’d tell you about how much you used to mean to me, how much you still do. Tell you one last time that I love you because I do truly love you. If I had the chance to say all these, I would in a heartbeat and in the finest of words too but I can’t. I guess that’s the saddest part of what we have gotten ourselves into. I can’t say any of these to you, I’m not allowed to. Instead, I’m supposed to pretend that I’m doing fine without you, pretend that I’m happier now that you are gone. Act like I don’t miss you all the time. Put on a face so that you think I’m better off without you. Post my hot pictures all over social media to prove that I’m far better off with you out of sight and heart, all in an effort to make us regret ever letting each other go.

My love, everything said and done, this is me saying - "I'm sorry for all the pain and heartache I caused you, for all the so many wrongs I did you", if I could take it all back, I would. I did love you enough to break your walls but now I have decided to fall in love with my happiness, I have decided to stop breaking since you won’t stop building. It’s too late to rip off the temporary healing and I’m too tired to look for a cure.
We belong better to each other’s prayers more than each other’s life. May we respect our divine responsibility and do something for our past love – MOVE ON!

It’s ironic that at first when we truly love someone, our greatest fear is that they would stop loving us one day, when in reality what we should fear and dread is that we won’t stop loving them even when they are gone. And perhaps our fatal flaw is dedicating ourselves to things that will be gone in a flash and our biggest mistake is trying to create forever out of people who are only meant to be temporary.

P.S - I loved you, I always have and probably always will.....Kisses

Yours “Forever”
                                                                                                                             Your Ex

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Ex! by Walk(f): 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2020
This is so sweet.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Ex! by Harrykn: 6:46pm On Jul 27, 2020
What are saying in conclusion?

1 Like

Re: A Letter To My Ex! by Temitopemo6e6(m): 10:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
Walk:
This is so sweet.
who ex epp

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Pepe Panious-the Black Child By Supersurupe / The Grass Looks Greener On The Other Side / Prolific Fiction Writers Needed(STILL OPEN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.