Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? (20026 Views)

Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? / Should I Accept The Job Offer From Him Or Not? Pls Help! / Should I Accept The Teaching Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Learn1: 8:51pm On Jul 27, 2020
Hello. I was offered a job in a firm. I’m a graduate done with nysc and have a 2.1 with relevant skills. I was thinking of going legit and the salary offered was 30k per month in the firm. Is it worth it? Location is state capital in the south.

Should I take the job or relocate back to the west where they are better opportunities?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Ladylite: 8:57pm On Jul 27, 2020
Learn1:
Hello. I was offered a job in a firm. I’m a graduate done with nysc and have a 2.1 with relevant skills. I was thinking of going legit and the salary offered was 30k per month in the firm. Is it worth it? Location is state capital in the south. Should I take the job or relocate back to the west where they are better opportunities?

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by javaguru: 9:10pm On Jul 27, 2020
Ladylite:

ur sense d leak

54 Likes

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Maj196(m): 9:10pm On Jul 27, 2020
Sorry is it a law firm?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Learn1: 9:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
Maj196:
Sorry is it a law firm?

You know the answer lol

12 Likes

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Learn1: 9:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
Ladylite:

You haven’t said anything

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by thankmyGod(m): 9:41pm On Jul 27, 2020
I'll advise you to accept the offer then while working there you can take your time to apply to job of your taste. With this, you won't be so desperate while applying or going for interview. The little experience you will get there is something. Mind you, you won't be able to attend all the interview while working there because the work will take your time. What you need to do is applying for job of your taste while managing yourself there

Learn1:
Hello. I was offered a job in a firm. I’m a graduate done with nysc and have a 2.1 with relevant skills. I was thinking of going legit and the salary offered was 30k per month in the firm. Is it worth it? Location is state capital in the south. Should I take the job or relocate back to the west where they are better opportunities?

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Learn1: 9:46pm On Jul 27, 2020
thankmyGod:
I'll advise you to accept the offer then while working there you can take your time to apply to job of your taste. With this, you won't be so desperate while applying or going for interview. The little experience you will get there is something. Mind you, you won't be able to attend all the interview while working there because the work will take your time. What you need to do is applying for job of your taste while managing yourself there

Thanks
The thing is the money offered can’t even pay half of my bills how then do I cope or even deliver effectively. It’s very funny when I heard the salary offered

13 Likes

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Shukusheka(m): 10:09pm On Jul 27, 2020
You have given us little information to work with to give an advice.

We do not know your career aspiration, what job you got, distance of workplace to your home, what you studied in school, when you finished school.

Personally, if I made a 2.1 and still freshly out of school, I am not taking a 30k job.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by merieam16(f): 11:08pm On Jul 27, 2020
Be managing it,pending d time u will get a good job
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Coder2Client(m): 11:51pm On Jul 27, 2020
Accept the offer and keep your eyes open for better opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by SpatialKing(m): 8:05am On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:
Hello. I was offered a job in a firm. I’m a graduate done with nysc and have a 2.1 with relevant skills. I was thinking of going legit and the salary offered was 30k per month in the firm. Is it worth it? Location is state capital in the south.

Should I take the job or relocate back to the west where they are better opportunities?
Guy why the hurry
Market your skills

3 Likes

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 28, 2020
30k shocked
You may accept the job,but before you do; you must place your hand on your chest and solemnly swear that once you've earned your first salary, you'll start forex or bet9ja.

19 Likes

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by hecha38(m): 8:05am On Jul 28, 2020
Ok
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by UDUJ(m): 8:06am On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

I am more interested in the statement you made: you were thinking of going legit?

So doing crime also crossed your mind? Come let me give you a good knock on the head angry

Young man don't be fooled. There is dignity in labour. You can take the job so you have something coming at the end of the month ( no matter how small) while you continue your search for a better job.

42 Likes

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by XXLMANDIGO: 8:06am On Jul 28, 2020
shocked

30k ?

Very ridiculous abi you no get Nigerian Gf?

Please PM slawomir for some free tutorial on bombing and having online clients
tongue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by brownemmanuel43(m): 8:07am On Jul 28, 2020
From my observation, op is in a confused state.
1. U said u HV relevant skills, what are they?
2. U said u want to go legit, does it mean your intention before was to enter street?
Then, before u take any job pls make sure that it can carter for your immediate bills e.g. transport, feeding etc

11 Likes

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Bapy(m): 8:07am On Jul 28, 2020
Maj196:
Sorry is it a law firm?
my thought exactly.
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by ogorchimeizie(m): 8:08am On Jul 28, 2020
If your concern is about the money being small....There is my 2 kobo advise... Drop that your 2.1 certificate.... Enter Market and look for a trade(Hand work) and learn.....

20 Likes

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:08am On Jul 28, 2020
I know three masters degree holders that applied for 30k npower job undecided

17 Likes

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 28, 2020
Bro do this one first
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Learn1: 8:08am On Jul 28, 2020
Shukusheka:
You have given us little information to work with to give an advice.

We do not know your career aspiration, what job you got, distance of workplace to your home, what you studied in school, when you finished school.

Personally, if I made a 2.1 and still freshly out of school, I am not taking a 30k job.

Political science and public administration. Daily t fare will cost about 300naira. I’m 22 age. Career wise I want to grow and possibly be an hr someday.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:08am On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

At the bolded, to start with, what is the other option you have apart from going legit?
That caught our attention from afar!

2 Likes

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:10am On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

Thanks
The thing is the money offered can’t even pay half of my bills how then do I cope or even deliver effectively. It’s very funny when I heard the salary offered

You have already made up your mind, that the take home pay can't take you home. So why asking for our opinion?

Don't take the job, you can share the contact here I guess there are Nairalanders that might interested in the job.

8 Likes

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Learn1: 8:10am On Jul 28, 2020
UDUJ:

I am more interested in the statement you made: you were thinking of going legit?

Young man don't be fooled. There is dignity in labour. You can take the job so you have something coming at the end of the month ( no matter how small) while you continue your search for a better job.

The job is stressful 8-5 mon-fri. How do I get better jobs? And the town isn’t even industrial
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Openbusiness4: 8:10am On Jul 28, 2020
"Location in the South" is a very vague description. Which State in the South? So people here can know how best to advice you. Cuz as far as I know, costs of living varies in different states.

6 Likes

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Slawormir: 8:10am On Jul 28, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

My niggarrr
Don't be deceived by your young age

Na so poverty take dey start
Before you know it one girl will be willing to cohabit with you for that 30k job
Then una go begin stay face me i slap you apartment
Then pikin go drop

After that your chances of upgrading in life go come reduce because you will now be scared of taking risks as wife and pikin don dey ground....

So if I be you i go avoid that job
There is nothing like the journey of a thousand kilometres begin with a step.... slow and steady wins the race...
You are too young for that bullshit

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by simhosting: 8:10am On Jul 28, 2020
Make your decision
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Uyi168: 8:10am On Jul 28, 2020
A graduate considering 30k job and there are people cheering him to consider the offer..

Naija don cast Pata Pata..
cry

26 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reasons Why Employers Tend To Adopt Age Limitation On Most Jobs / Arik Air Nigeria Graduate Junior Analyst Recruitment (apply Online Now ) / Population Census: My Accreditation Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.