Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

The Lady In My Life, My Burden. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Lady In My Life, My Burden. (53804 Views)

When My Brain Is Also My Burden / The Lady I Wanted To Marry Pretended To Be A Graduate To Me / Man Boasts Of Sleeping With His Ex In His Car; The Lady's Husband Responds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

I appreciate your kind input. She actually does the laundry in my absence (I work in a hospital within that area) so that when I'm back, I steam and package the clothes, just that i foot her daily meal and daily transport and then pay her monthly. She asked me for it, instead of her staying at home and she also knows that she won't get those extra privileges elsewhere, that she gets from me.

I have sent you an email request. I will like to sponsor her financially.

From your post, she is academically sound but limited by Finance.

U can provide ur phone number here. I will call u.

13 Likes

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Barayeks(m): 2:38pm On Jul 28, 2020
It will end in tears last last

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 28, 2020
To spend on her and sponsor her is not the problem but her attitude when she become a full Doctor and begin to behave strangely. Please be careful. I sponsor my wife in the Uni and even migrate together to the western world, I dare not remind her of all I have done yet any small quarel, she's so abusive. I spend on her entire family but they are so unappreciative. If not God who prospered me, I would have suffered. Be careful, she can be okay now because she need you but can be a pain when she does'nt need to depend on you anymore. If she agree to be in relationship without you committing your money to it, it will be okay. Keep your money and your plan away from her

14 Likes

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Kingkun69(m): 2:39pm On Jul 28, 2020
Take 7k play 7 odds
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by DenreleDave(m): 2:39pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

Why would you think that it's a story? Look my profile, I've been on Nairaland since 2010. Go through my previous posts. This is why i suggested that only matured minds should rub minds with me.

shocked lemme quickly set a lock on my Sim card ooo

Thank u ooo

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by dangoteinlaw: 2:39pm On Jul 28, 2020
NockMedia:
I feel for anyone that falls for this story. Nice try grin
no the story is genuine. For that mention of tanker water supplier the story is real coz that's their "A"pa major source of income there ie they love that side hustle so much.they do ti doesn't mean they are poor infact some have luxury cars like lexus 350 which they got from that hustle

4 Likes

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
Get in touch with me, start blogging Business Bro and thank me later
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Analysiscorner: 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
If you really love her, marry her in a low-key way and start life with her. This is because money spent on girlfriend is a waste, unless the said girlfriend becomes your wife. Please, don't forget this.
Both of you should communicate better so that every issue will be opened up and resolved. Talk with her. Like others have spoken, do everything for her to get a mean of income, even if it is as little as selling pure water.

2 Likes

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Slynation(m): 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

Her parents shelter her, pay some of her school fees, although sometime late. I help out too. I'm like an extension of her parents and like I typed before, I did those things out of love, knowing that i have helped even total strangers financially, that is humanity.

I reasoned with your comment and something else came to my mind. Maybe i can leave the laundry business for her to run while I come around to supervise from time to time, then I move back to Lagos to go look for a more permanent job. I'm a health professional btw. Truth be told, she has pleaded with me in the past, not to relocate until she gets to 600l, that I'm a very supportive part of her life and that I motivate her. We do care about each other and even if she ends up with someone else, I'll still be happy I was part of her life, although we ain't even from the same tribe. Thanks bro for your advice.
You are a good guy, I can relate to this because I've been there before, Most people giving you the advice to dump her can't really relate because it's not that easy....
But one mistake we guys always make in life is "Playing the role of a husband too early in a relationship"

As you said, leaving the shop for her to run for the mean time won't be a bad idea....

8 Likes

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by controlaltdeleat: 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
Person wey never chop bellefu wan train foreign dog grin

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by sweetrace(f): 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

I appreciate your kind input. She actually does the laundry in my absence (I work in a hospital within that area) so that when I'm back, I steam and package the clothes, just that i foot her daily meal and daily transport and then pay her monthly. She asked me for it, instead of her staying at home and she also knows that she won't get those extra privileges elsewhere, that she gets from me.

In your original post you sounded like she is a freeloader. If she works for you and she is also your girlfriend, what exactly are you complaining about? If you are in a relationship with a lady it should be only one that leads to marriage. That’s what relationships are about. Understand that you’re investing in your future. You don’t want someone who is uneducated and a burden in future. However, if you have no intentions of marrying her, stop wasting both your time and end the relationship. Yes, she’ll cry, but she’ll get over it. If working for you isn’t working, let her get another job. Their many jobs that will pay her more than you are paying, and without any strings attached.

4 Likes

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by MetroSip(m): 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
Some men though
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by roseb1(f): 2:41pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

Thanks bro.. I did/have been doing those things for her, like I'd do for any of my 2 sisters. I expected nothing, knowing that she came from a struggling family, if i had gotten a steady job, trust me, I'd never complain, nor will I have ever brought up this topic. It's just that the burden is just weighing heavily on me, especially due to this year and all of its drama.
Provided the lady in question wouldn't ditch u after these investment, I'd suggest you continue with ur good deeds. I know that the financial burden is quite enormous on ur side. You've already gone these far. Try and finish it up. Like u said she's in 400 level. It's just 2 yrs left bro. Continue to hold on ok. If she's someone u rly wanna spend the rest of ur life with, I'd suggest u do a little introduction to seal ur relationship with her. May God see u through.

3 Likes

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Analysiscorner: 2:41pm On Jul 28, 2020
life2017:

Thank you sir.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by EzeAmusu(m): 2:41pm On Jul 28, 2020
NockMedia:
I feel for anyone that falls for this story. Nice try grin
so what is fake in this story.if u don't have anything tangible or meaningful to contibute. Just keep quiet.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 28, 2020

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 28, 2020
You need to define your relationship.I don't understand you are doing business and pleasure in your organization.Anyway since she is your Secretary remove the money from the company account after all you are liable for not providing security.Now you make me appreciate my girlfriend she has never asked me for one kobo before.

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by smartval(m): 2:42pm On Jul 28, 2020
Did you say Edo state, hope it's not what am thinking sha
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by obataokenwa(m): 2:43pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:
Hi Romancelanders, don't know if it's right to share this topic here, but I'll do for now.

Pls don't be offended if I digress. Your laundry business. Do u use washing machine and dryer and which type? How much approximately do u make like in a month after expenses
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by gbemishile: 2:43pm On Jul 28, 2020
Hmmm
Bro,mu only input here is a prayer for you,cus believe it or not,ur denial that u're just helping her with no intention of reward is just a sham.u have invested deeply in her while stagnating ur own business.i just pray u don't come here years later to say she jilted you.if that happens,I pray u have the threshold to Bear the pains
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by sam1919: 2:43pm On Jul 28, 2020
I don’t know what to say, all I can say is stop falling in love with broke ladies when you are not financially capable.

If you know you don’t have a future plan with her or seeing you both together in the future, talk to her, let her know about your intentions and cut all ties. Speak with your own heart, I know your heart has told you what’s best for you already.

A word to the wise is enough...

5 Likes

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2020
You are carrying the financial burden that doesn't come from your heart...Nah frustration go kill you. Must you help her...? If you are not financially buoyant, tell her now...what is all this street.

Though I know this is not a true life story...but, nevertheless, we still need to contribute to your cook up story since we are jobless youths...

You wey dey write this.long story for.nairaland, Nah God go.punish you oh

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by AntiWailer: 2:45pm On Jul 28, 2020
Lol

Place lady on salary ?

U dey maad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by AlabiJ: 2:45pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

Thanks bro.. beauty never was the attraction, I'm a sapiosexual. That said, she has a good heart, the only difficult thing is that both her parents are alive and she's this dependent on me. I once raised that issue about her parents not doing enough in her life and she cried bitterly. It made me feel bad, like I was reminding her of where she's coming from.

I feel for you, but if you continue at this rate, this will never end. You need to cut off that cord of overdependence. You are already in over your head and you are not even married to her yet. No do pass yourself bro. You are too young to be shouldering all such burdens. You are not her parents.

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Royle2014(m): 2:45pm On Jul 28, 2020
OP, I understand the financial stress u are going through right now, and I know presently, there's a silent war going on between the sexes where guys just hate spending money on women because they think "she'll leave nd marry someone else".
In this current age and time, it's almost impossible to find a supportive nd respectful woman to date/marry and from all indications, this girl is actually supportive and down to earth, for her (a medical student, pretty nd can easily sell her body to get wealthy) to come work with u at ur laundromat means she understands the value of labor/working for money. I think your woman has very good qualities and she's very supportive but given her current financial situations, u won't really see that now. I know u have spent a lot. I know u are tired. But trust me, if u leave this girl, it's better u don't even date again till you become financially stable cos every other woman out there... U would still have to spend (unless she's Dangote's daughter)
Now, what I want you to do is talk over how stressed ur finances are at the moment, leave the dry cleaning business for her to handle nd go get a part time job for the time being. I know she doesn't want u guys living apart but you let her know it's the best way for both of u to keep this relationship as u need to do better financially. All u need do now is to persevere till she graduates nd starts her internship den nur financial burdens would be over. I know its difficult but do not loose an industrious loyal woman studying a great course like dis dat can easily get a job later... For some lady who's not gna ask much from u now, but after marriage, they'll struggle to find a job nd end up being full time non working liability wife

PS, I'm a medic too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by ninocia18(m): 2:46pm On Jul 28, 2020
When people are told to avoid premarital relationships, they think you don't know what you are saying. Why will you get into a relationship when you haven't settled in your business? Why? By now, all the unnecessary money you have spent would have been used to develop your business and when you now enter a relationship, you'll be talking about marriage. Leave that relationship. It's a distraction. You can't play God more than God. God is her provider not you. Don't try to play God in her life for your lust. Because we both know you are enjoying things prematurely. Leave that relationship. Grow your business. Settle down. When you are ready which you'll know when, if she is around, you can enter a holy relationship sanctified to God that guns towards marriage. From all you have said, you are a young man with great promise and very bright future. A medical practitioner with entrepreneural sense. Don't sell that future cuz of this please. Give your life to Jesus. Ask him to come into your life and he will help you fix all this unnecessary wahala and distractions.
Peace bro.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by kaytolee(m): 2:46pm On Jul 28, 2020
Eyahhhh

For your data purchase check my signature for update
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

Yes, you typed true words as per aspirations of those in my field, however I know within me that the time for marriage is not ripe for me. 1st things first and that is why I'm laying the foundations for now.
obviously you ain't ready to do away with her

So why then did you bring your problem to nairaland? All those advising you to free her are telling you what is best for you but you have been giving them a thousand and one reason why you don't want to leave her

I pity you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by sunbreaker: 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

Why is she always goes to shop with you? From your post she has MBBS,so nobody has malaria around where you are living to treat and get little incomes for herself.That is why your story looks like cook one
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by poiunt: 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

Why would you think that it's a story? Look my profile, I've been on Nairaland since 2010. Go through my previous posts. This is why i suggested that only matured minds should rub minds with me.

You are a young guy, already carrying unnecessary burden in your life...do you want to die of high blood pressure.

I just hope she doesn't disappoint you and become unappreciative after all your struggles for her because many women tend to behave like that.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by neutral2000: 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2020
Hmm.

Wana earn money on telegram? Check my signature..
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by NMotorwerks: 2:49pm On Jul 28, 2020
MARRY HER, SHE WILL NO LONGER BE A BURDEN BUT A RESPONSIBILITY.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Love Older Men! / Port Harcourt Lady Becomes Mute After Visiting Lover In Lagos / Leave Our Ladies Alone! Ugandan Man Tells Nigerian Men In UAE (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.