Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,772 members, 7,802,370 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

The Lady In My Life, My Burden. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Lady In My Life, My Burden. (53792 Views)

When My Brain Is Also My Burden / The Lady I Wanted To Marry Pretended To Be A Graduate To Me / Man Boasts Of Sleeping With His Ex In His Car; The Lady's Husband Responds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by ojoj(m): 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2020
Mr Victory, I want you to continue to help this lady. All the things you have been providing for her is not your might but God! I am telling you today, take her as your junior sister. Care for her and as you have said, don't expect anything in return. You will see the wonders of God in your life. The Yorubas have an adage which says " Olorun ma je ka sanwo tipatipa" which means " God should not let us pay money that is compulsory". My brother, if you have a major ill health or accident, won't you use your money to take care of yourself? But thank God, you don't have that. No matter what, please continue to support the lady and see how God will be blessing you. I know it's hard and not easy but please try. God will never disappoint you. Thank you.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by BananaPeel(m): 3:09pm On Jul 28, 2020
Don't be weary of well-doing for in due time you will reap your rewards whether you marry her in the future or not. I think you should help her out with this one, then sit her down and discuss the future of the business and things you want to do to secure the business. Tell her you would relinquish or reduce some financial obligations towards her but she has to help you out by being supportive and understanding. Don't quit the relationship, you might even marry her before she graduates and your business might experience a boom within a short time from now. Keep faith and work harder
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by do4luv14(m): 3:09pm On Jul 28, 2020
Been reading comments, but none come close to what I did Expect to read,

firstly, she is not a burden, you are the fault here, thru the way you pay her,

A salary structure is basic daily pay, feeding allowance, housing, transport and others, which are all add togather for monthly pay, ( I think you know why)

secondly she had been usefull, very useful to you, in your words, she do the laudry, ( the washing, and drying) which is the hardest, while you team and package them, in other ways, she is the one running the biz,

thirdly, you work in a hospital, while she is studying to be a Doctor, hmmm

my Advice, stop seeing her as a burden, think this thoroughly, and Apply wisdom, more importantly, is when you assis her to get Another Job, are you sure the biz will still be running as befoe?

Even if you employ Another person

your respone, will determain my Advice

LordNicvuitton:

She's currently in 400l, having written her 2nd MB. So i guess it's late to do that. She's in a state university and their fees are quite high. Thanks for your input.

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by mariahAngel(f): 3:09pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

Thanks bro.. beauty never was the attraction, I'm a sapiosexual. That said, she has a good heart, the only difficult thing is that both her parents are alive and she's this dependent on me. I once raised that issue about her parents not doing enough in her life and she cried bitterly. It made me feel bad, like I was reminding her of where she's coming from.

You did her no favours. She earned whatever it is you paid her.
She dedicated her time building your dream, leaving hers unattended to.
Feeding and transportation allowance is nothing out of the ordinary.

People, this is what happens when you leave your dream to help others build theirs.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by freshboi88: 3:10pm On Jul 28, 2020
Bros you do not.know what women can do when they elevate their status above urs.

If that girl turn doctor, she go likely marry her fellow doctor leave u with ur laundry business

6 Likes

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Okuda(m): 3:10pm On Jul 28, 2020
you are not a man!!!. a real man does not complain to the public on issues with his gf. abi we dey follow you furck am? go deal with yourself by yourself man and stop whining...
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by betexplorer901: 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2020
i will advice u to get rid of her cuz she is an obstacle to ur growth.whether u are from upper or middle class emotional matter can destroy a man faster than anything.let the girl hustle no be her mate the do small job to keep up,according to what u have written i see the girl ruing u.i hope otherwise.u said u are from middle class well while complaining.guys that end up hanging themself after sponsoring girl to school were once in ur shoe.u think she a good girl that is how they will act due to their situation.if u cant learn from other mistake wait till u have a first hand experience.

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Michhy123(f): 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2020
Who send you oga. Always cut your coat according to your size .... life no balance

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by BigBashiru: 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:
Hi Romancelanders, don't know if it's right to share this topic here, but I'll do for now.

I'm Victory, from the East and currently a resident of Edo state. I came to this state, as an intern and thereafter, still served here and in the course of all these, I thought out and established a laundry business, which is just about 8 months old. This was to keep life going and to better bond well with the lady in my life currently.

While in Edo state, having rounded my internship & kickstarting service sometime around 2017, I met this Kiki Osemudiamen (Name changed), and it was nothing serious at 1st, cos I never really thought I'd date someone here, fact is that I never thought I'd stay beyond my service year. I met her while she was in 200l. We encouraged each other, she saw potentials and had faith in me just like I have so much faith in her. She is simplistic, encourages me to save and I in turn, encouraged her and guided her through some of her studies. She passed her 2nd MB.BS. and is currently awaiting lifting of the lockdown on schools, so she can start her clinicals.

Problem is that she came from a not buoyant family financially, and although both parents are alive, she struggles to survive/feed daily. Her dad supplies about 1000litres/trip water to households, while her mum sells at the local market. I on the other hand, came from a middle class family but my Dad is late since 2012, and I've been a sponsor of my education and that of my younger ones through the lil I inherited (which mum manages for now) plus my various endeavours. She depends on me for daily meals and other basic essentials, in fact I had to place her on salary in my laundry shop during this lockdown, so she plays the role of secretary in my shop too.

The latest challenge came about, yesterday. While she slept in the shop, I was out on errand, someone sneaked into the shop and stole her android phone with all of her e-medics textbooks (she reads mostly e-copies because she can't afford hardcopies), she has been crying all through and I really don't know what to do. Since I knew her, She'd been an appendage and an extra financial burden to me, I can't begin to list what I've done for her, although I kept reminding her never to not have entitlement mentality and she does appreciate. Out of desperation to ease her pain, I promised to sponsor her in getting a new phone. I have burdens, huge ones, I'm yet to acquire a diesel engine for my laundry (I use ponytail industrial iron which has higher voltage/current than normal ones), plus other related merchandise that I need to set up and I feel like she slows down my financial pace.

Honestly, I don't do all these for her, hoping for any personal gains, in the words of my daddy in the Lord, Prophet T.B. Joshua, He said and I quote: "We make a living by what we get and we make a life by what we give" but I am almost fed up and tired, especially when I remember that both her parents are still alive.. I am scared that that for the 1st time, I may fail her in that financial obligation because I honestly need money now, with the whole pandemic issue plus, I feel like she slows me down in life financially and a huge burden to me. Right now, she's so attached to me, more so that when I initially wanted to hault our relationship, it almost nearly affected her academics negatively. Please I need matured minds to help me think this through and garnish me with advice(s) because I almost feel so choked up and a rising urge to relocate from here, so i can breathe again.

NB: Advice from married couples and those in serious relationships, will be highly appreciated.

Modified: She went to her bank (First bank) this morning, only to be informed that about 20k (Her mum's business money) has been used to purchase recharge voucher. Her mum sends/receives money from distant customers through her account. Yesterday's scenario, all over again. Please folks, lock your SIM cards just as much as you lock your phones. Learn from this painful experience please.

Foolish men (NOT YOU) disturb themselves over women as if the women were angels.....
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Haywhymido(m): 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2020
egopersonified:
Start asking her to borrow you money and don't pay back as promised. I am not saying you shouldn't help her out when you deem fit but she is under the impression that even when you complain you still have money to dish out. Till she sees that the well is actually getting dry, she would never be independent. If this pushes her to other men, take a chill pill. I have discovered that girls who see men as their only financial source would never look for a job or business to augment what their guy gives them, they will instead look for a side guy to get extra cash. If she does that, then she was never really worth it.

I would also suggest your purchase one of the items you listed as a need in your business on credit or pay part of it up front. If you do that, you will be cash strapped and not have enough free money lying around to think of charity.

Take care of your girl but if you are feeling trapped or choked up in the relationship, it's time to reevaluate.
I never expected this to come out from a female, I thought you would do the 'abnormal lemme support my gender'. Thanks for the disappointment
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by phr33man(m): 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:
Hi Romancelanders, don't know if it's right to share this topic here, but I'll do for now.

I'm Victory, from the East and currently a resident of Edo state. I came to this state, as an intern and thereafter, still served here and in the course of all these, I thought out and established a laundry business, which is just about 8 months old. This was to keep life going and to better bond well with the lady in my life currently.

While in Edo state, having rounded my internship & kickstarting service sometime around 2017, I met this Kiki Osemudiamen (Name changed), and it was nothing serious at 1st, cos I never really thought I'd date someone here, fact is that I never thought I'd stay beyond my service year. I met her while she was in 200l. We encouraged each other, she saw potentials and had faith in me just like I have so much faith in her. She is simplistic, encourages me to save and I in turn, encouraged her and guided her through some of her studies. She passed her 2nd MB.BS. and is currently awaiting lifting of the lockdown on schools, so she can start her clinicals.

Problem is that she came from a not buoyant family financially, and although both parents are alive, she struggles to survive/feed daily. Her dad supplies about 1000litres/trip water to households, while her mum sells at the local market. I on the other hand, came from a middle class family but my Dad is late since 2012, and I've been a sponsor of my education and that of my younger ones through the lil I inherited (which mum manages for now) plus my various endeavours. She depends on me for daily meals and other basic essentials, in fact I had to place her on salary in my laundry shop during this lockdown, so she plays the role of secretary in my shop too.

The latest challenge came about, yesterday. While she slept in the shop, I was out on errand, someone sneaked into the shop and stole her android phone with all of her e-medics textbooks (she reads mostly e-copies because she can't afford hardcopies), she has been crying all through and I really don't know what to do. Since I knew her, She'd been an appendage and an extra financial burden to me, I can't begin to list what I've done for her, although I kept reminding her never to not have entitlement mentality and she does appreciate. Out of desperation to ease her pain, I promised to sponsor her in getting a new phone. I have burdens, huge ones, I'm yet to acquire a diesel engine for my laundry (I use ponytail industrial iron which has higher voltage/current than normal ones), plus other related merchandise that I need to set up and I feel like she slows down my financial pace.

Honestly, I don't do all these for her, hoping for any personal gains, in the words of my daddy in the Lord, Prophet T.B. Joshua, He said and I quote: "We make a living by what we get and we make a life by what we give" but I am almost fed up and tired, especially when I remember that both her parents are still alive.. I am scared that that for the 1st time, I may fail her in that financial obligation because I honestly need money now, with the whole pandemic issue plus, I feel like she slows me down in life financially and a huge burden to me. Right now, she's so attached to me, more so that when I initially wanted to hault our relationship, it almost nearly affected her academics negatively. Please I need matured minds to help me think this through and garnish me with advice(s) because I almost feel so choked up and a rising urge to relocate from here, so i can breathe again.

NB: Advice from married couples and those in serious relationships, will be highly appreciated.

Modified: She went to her bank (First bank) this morning, only to be informed that about 20k (Her mum's business money) has been used to purchase recharge voucher. Her mum sends/receives money from distant customers through her account. Yesterday's scenario, all over again. Please folks, lock your SIM cards just as much as you lock your phones. Learn from this painful experience please.

Op

Why are you complaining now? It's not new to you. You complained of slowing down your journey to financial freedom but ur pr**k no gree you concentrate. This will surely happen. You know you have responsibilities. You need to wait a bit longer before succumbing to your body need. Aside her condition, you need to take care of who you claim you love (it's a responsibility). Even if she's making more money than you, u need to still spend your token on her no matter how little to maintain your ego as a man. When you don't have, you let her know. Besides she knows you ain't a stingy type. And she's not blind that things ain't really moving fine these days. She knows your aspirations and it's glaring to her that the pace you are moving isn't okay. Just talk it out with her. You can start by sharing your phone(thats if you are transparent enough with her), so she can read with it. Make she pend social media first. If you are really in for a serious relationship, this shouldn't be an issue at all because more of things awaits you in marriage.

My bro. U Don make mistake for succumbing to your pr**k while chasing ur dreams with other side responsibilities. Pr**k dey also bring more responsibilities ni and will really retard you. You should have waited for like 2 years more before dating her. Then, you have your financial stance no. Matter how little.

God will see you through

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by dokxavi: 3:16pm On Jul 28, 2020
I hope she's performing her wifely duties.
You need to be having sex with her as
there is no difference between you and
a husband as it is. Get married to her and
know you're doing everything for family.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Ikem11(m): 3:17pm On Jul 28, 2020
@op I never seen where rendering help is a burden cos u call it help. If u don't have it u don't have it my friend.. U are not mandate to do things above your capacity.

Secondly, are u dating this girl (or is she sister in the Lord) if u dating her well I weep for you cos u will soon cry(don't ask me how)

Draw a line and make up your mind based on your capabilities ( I won't ask u to stop helping someone in need) but never to your detriment.

You have a life far ahead of you... Plan that. If u love this girl and wish to have future with her go meet her parents and make things official so that (no woman no cry)

I wish u all the best in your decision

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 28, 2020
egopersonified:
Start asking her to borrow you money and don't pay back as promised. I am not saying you shouldn't help her out when you deem fit but she is under the impression that even when you complain you still have money to dish out. Till she sees that the well is actually getting dry, she would never be independent. If this pushes her to other men, take a chill pill. I have discovered that girls who see men as their only financial source would never look for a job or business to augment what their guy gives them, they will instead look for a side guy to get extra cash. If she does that, then she was never really worth it.

I would also suggest your purchase one of the items you listed as a need in your business on credit or pay part of it up front. If you do that, you will be cash strapped and not have enough free money lying around to think of charity.

Take care of your girl but if you are feeling trapped or choked up in the relationship, it's time to reevaluate.
What kind of silly advice are you dishing out to this young man who is at his lowest of lows in his life? Should he keep on spending on a leech who will most likely ditch him after graduation? Are they married that you are asking him to take care of another man's daughter? That's foolishness. Will you advise your brother passing through this scenario as you have advised this young man? Shut up woman! If he must take care of this leech, then he must see the parents and make his position known.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by learnedman(m): 3:19pm On Jul 28, 2020
Marry her,then u can spend on her or else forget it as u will be wasting your time,energy and resources

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Edipee(m): 3:21pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

I appreciate your kind input. She actually does the laundry in my absence (I work in a hospital within that area) so that when I'm back, I steam and package the clothes, just that i foot her daily meal and daily transport and then pay her monthly. She asked me for it, instead of her staying at home and she also knows that she won't get those extra privileges elsewhere, that she gets from me.
He poor family background is not her fault. Since she is hardworking and also presumably studious. Look at the positive side of her. I know it can be hard to deal with it. But if you love her, don't push her away. But make her understand that it's not every financial responsibility that you can take.

2 Likes

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 28, 2020
Eileene:

Seems the phone is the major problem. Why don't you get her a small one first.She should let go of the ebooks for now instead she could look for one or two senior course mates to give her their old books. She should just try and improvise when there is life there is hope.
Some of you girls are wicked. You want to finish this young man completely. A financially unstable man should who takes care of his family and young ones should go and buy a smart phone for a girl who will japa with another guy after graduation. God will judge some of you. Harshly cool. The op is a weak man. Take your stance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Samuels90: 3:22pm On Jul 28, 2020
You better take care of yourself first, no go do pass yourself!

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by raphy(m): 3:24pm On Jul 28, 2020
nigga u said u want only married ppl and ppl in serious relationship to comment on here but they are not the only ones with good relationship advice .

let me add my own advice to the league of advice u have got.

see you need to cut your suit according to ur size. not just be letting someone be using you as an ATM.

you didnt tell us what make her so special abi na pity make you fall in love with her?
anyway its ur life but as a young guy you need to plan your life well before u think of carrying someone along.as u said she still has both parents and you only have one why is she then dependent on you for everything ?

she must have given.puna that sweet you so tay u end up saying I will try and buy another phone for u.

so just try and think outside The box as a man so you won't come here and write another sermon that the girl you help elope with your customer and ran away.

put your business first just incase your current job Bleep up.

this life no balance .and how can someone snick in and steal her phone that is still a story we can't understand ,is the shop not well locked ? why didn't the thief stole customer clothes is only her phone.
and why did she sleep there at the first place?

we need Sim valid answer nigga,
so tell us so we can advice our own member well.

I stop my sermon here.
till then.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Martinez39s(m): 3:25pm On Jul 28, 2020
It pays to take the red pill. grin

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by dokxavi: 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2020
The only reason to continue the spending on her is if she has accepted to marry you.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by AdeniyiA(m): 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2020
Psalm 1:1-3 Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.... I posted the above just to encourage you to seek the best advice from Above.
@LordNicvuitton I salute you for your SACRIFICE, we derive words of wisdom from same divine source. Also I was once in the same shoe when I was in school, sponsoring a lady, the parents even wanted me to declare my intention towards her but no I didn't, I was doing it for God. Never expect to be be rewarded by her, either for marriage or anything, as you may set yourself up for offence and heartbreak. God might because of your efforts on her, give you a better woman. In fact expect her to turn against you,that's how to deal safely with humans, but trust God will never forget.

Fulfil your promise and possibly, after telling her of your financial situation, cut part of her salary. Even if you can fully pay it, still cut it and save for her, return it to her when she needs it most.
You're a good person initially to be paying her salary considering what you do for her. God will surely bless you

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Sammiel: 3:29pm On Jul 28, 2020
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by TimeTraveler369: 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2020
If both of you are planning to get married then she is your responsibility otherwise you know what to do.

By the way if she is quite beautiful, wouldn't be a bad idea letting those who are buoyant to take over from where you stopped.

You are not yet financially qualified to be in such relationship. Leave her to be with the deep pockets guys

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Ategberoson(m): 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2020
let me tell you something

as a hustler that's just growing, you will do yourself no good by taking responsibility of someone that's financially handicapped. this is just like you've muscle in your legs and you want to lift someone up again, why would you think of lifting someone up when you're yet to stand firm?

the reason why you're worried that you can't meet up with her financial obligation is not because you can't explained to her but because you've made her see you as a breakthrough

but how do you guys do this? I and my fiance are on 10yrs roll now and I started spending well for her 3years ago when I've seen her commitment. have you even assess this girl commitment before spending and taking care of her needs?

as an Igbo man even though una dey use money idolize lady but can't you just get to that peak first before immortalizing her with material things

if she can't get a small phone now to communicate then just overlook after all you've been trying. bro think out of the box, all this sympathetic relationship no too dey end well. I tell you my own

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by geosegun(m): 3:31pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

You did nothing wrong in supporting her education. She was not lazy and she assist you in your Laundry Shop. She has the option to prostitute but she decided to be decent and stay with you. If she has built her life and future with you, then You will have a very loyal wife. If you help her through her education and she betrays you? Trust me, you have nothing to lose for you have done your best and God has a way of compensating people with good hearts.

Example 1: I am advising you form my personal experience. I assisted my woman (now my wife) and supported her throughout her school. I was even pay her monthly allowance during her last 2 years in her program. To God be the Glory, We are now married and I can say I have the best of loyal and supportive partner. As a result, I am still encouraging and supporting her dreams further...

Example 2: I have another friend that did same, he sponsored her girl friend (now his wife with 2 kids) through school from WAEC. He almost left the girl cos of financial burden, and of course another lady with no financial issue was in the offing. I advised him to continue to support the first lady with financial needs. That, in as much as God continue to provide for him, then there is no reason why he shouldn't support the lady. He listened to the advise and supported her, they are now married now and he never regretted it. My friend was telling of recent that when they say - home of peace, his home is an example.

So, you have to be very careful with the kind of advise you receive here. Most have never and will never experience anything like it, because they cannot give what they did not have. Be-careful so they don't mislead you. The only thing to be weary of is, please and please, never support her or anyone, even your siblings, at the detriment of your education, personal development or career. Never!!!

As God continue to provide for you and you are able to manage yourselves through this challenging time and she is truly a good person and loyal as you said. You will never regret this... Trust m.e I have been there and I never regretted it. If she truly need help. Be there for her and God will be there for you. Some women/Men have good stars, as you continue to provide, you will just see that things will continue to go on smoothly for you.

Feel free to inbox me if you' ll like us to talk more.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Martinez39s(m): 3:31pm On Jul 28, 2020
ojoj:
Mr Victory, I want you to continue to help this lady. All the things you have been providing for her is not your might but God! I am telling you today, take her as your junior sister. Care for her and as you have said, don't expect anything in return. You will see the wonders of God in your life. The Yorubas have an adage which says " Olorun ma je ka sanwo tipatipa" which means " God should not let us pay money that is compulsory". My brother, if you have a major ill health or accident, won't you use your money to take care of yourself? But thank God, you don't have that. No matter what, please continue to support the lady and see how God will be blessing you. I know it's hard and not easy but please try. God will never disappoint you. Thank you.

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by nobone(f): 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2020
life2017:

I have sent you an email request. I will like to sponsor her financially.

From your post, she is academically sound but limited by Finance.

U can provide ur phone number here. I will call u.
Nice of you.
God bless
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2020
grin grin grin
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Saao(m): 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2020
Just do the ones u can and let her know what you can't. Don't think about her parents when helping her rather think of helping humanity.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Deepthoughts: 3:36pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

Let me first of all remind you of one fact of life, it is easier to formulate formulas of life when you are successful,you are still struggling but foolishly following an unrealistic wise saying,ok in my village there's a saying that, it's only when the keg is full that it spills over any other spill before that is a leakage, think about it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Catch my fiancee exposing our stuff to her ex / Two Students Fight Dirty Over A Man / I Love Older Men!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.