Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. (11074 Views)

How To Know If You're Being Scammed For Marriage / Selfpaiid You Are A Mad Man! / I Think My Husband Scammed Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2020
dollarnaira:

When ever som1 says " I can waybill anywhere" pls be suspicious. I chatted wit d guy (whatsapp pix : He n a lady as dp but now removed) and said his location was Sango ota Iyana joju. I told him my location and he said he will send it down. I suspected him bn fishy when i told him som1 will com pick it for me instead of sending it down. He registered newly and Price was ridiculous too.
Na so i end d conversation.

I know right. I made a really big mistake. I've learnt my lesson now.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by dollarnaira: 2:11pm On Jul 28, 2020
Use Truecaller

I saw dis from my end

Rinmang Dalokom
+234 815 947 3087

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 28, 2020
dollarnaira:
Use Truecaller

I saw dis from my end

Rinmang Dalokom
+234 815 947 3087

The name even sounds somehow. What is Rinmang Dalokom?? I think that's his scam name.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by Qwaps: 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2020
goryorhal:

If u stay around mushin or if u can find ur way down i can give u one gotv decorder..

Been abandoned for almost 1yr plus now

Na wa o. You come first me undecided

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by Qwaps: 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2020
flyingpig:
Seun, mynd44 and Lalasticlala you people are very wicked and careless.
I was the one who first raised this issue of selfpaiid being a scam. He scammed me of 1k. I mailed the supermods in general and informed them of this incident and how ready I am to provide proofs, unfortunately I got no response. Then I mailed lalasticlala individually narrating my ordeal, I did same to mynd44 narrating my ordeal in private message. For days now I've got no response from either of them. The so-called selfpaiid is making money illegally on your platform, duping people and when the incident is reported. You fail to take appropriate action of investigating it and banning the IP address of anyone found culpable. You people are no different from careless Buhari who doesn't investigate incidents of crime or boko haram attacks in Nigeria. You lot fail to protect people from online scams on your platform or take necessary actions on behalf of already victims, to deter future occurrences but you castigate the government for handling boko haram with kid gloves. Now someone else has fallen prey to selfpaiid, and another person as well. They are all on this thread lamenting. Guess what, had you punished selfpaiid these two individuals crying here wouldn't have been victims. Of course, like all lamentations this one wouldn't even receive appropriate response. Time will come when less people will come here to make transactions because scammers are having a field day on your platform. I'm sure selfpaiid will open another account, re-strategize and attack again. He may even brong his ilks and invite them, possibly form a clique of online scammers on nairaland. Shame on the website owner and moderators.

I got scammed of 23k on this sick forum reported to the mods nothing was done. I tracked him to his address thinking it was his factory to have him jailed. As I saw his kids and wife. I weaked.

Lets be more tact sending money to people online

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by dfos2k(m): 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2020
For the 1millionth time PHYSICALLY CONFIRM ANY ADVERTIZED PRODUCT BEFORE PAYMENT.
Sorry for your loss thank God it's just 2k.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by goryorhal(m): 2:51pm On Jul 28, 2020
Qwaps:

Na wa o. You come first me undecided

dont understand boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 28, 2020
Qwaps:

I got scammed of 23k on this stick forum reported to the mods nothing was done. I tracked him to his address thinking it was his factory to have him jailed. As I saw his kids and wife. I weaked.

Lets be more tact sending money to people online

I'm really sorry about this sad 23k is not small money. Scammers ehn.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by Saheed69(m): 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2020
OP, send your account number here, let me send you the small I have, add it to the one the other person want to send you and get a new Gotv for your siblings.

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by petroldollar: 3:13pm On Jul 28, 2020
The Mad man deactivated his NL Account

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by evuna: 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2020
This life sha, I also got scammed by the same guy of 3k for the same gotv.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by mariahAngel(f): 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2020
Sweetness4:

2k I know it is small, but it is all i had. I don't have anything.

Sorry

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by uboma(m): 4:08pm On Jul 28, 2020
[quote author=Sweetness4 post=92197327][/quote]

You are a good lady.

I admire your sincerity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 28, 2020
Saheed69:
OP, send your account number here, let me send you the small I have, add it to the one the other person want to send you and get a new Gotv for your siblings.

Someone on nairaland has already offered to give me a decoder tomorrow.
I will go get it at mushin tomorrow.
I'm really grateful and i appreciate you. Thank you.
My faith in humanity is restored.

16 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by dominique(f): 4:30pm On Jul 28, 2020
flyingpig:
Seun, mynd4.4 and Lalast.iclala you people are very wicked and careless.
I was the one who first raised this issue of selfpaiid...

Did you mail me? If you did, I'm afraid I may have missed it somehow
Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by francdec4(m): 4:32pm On Jul 28, 2020
Screenshot your chat with him get to the bank trust me they will put a hold on his account and all your money will be retrieved. They know how to handle such cases

Sweetness4:
Check selfpaiid profile he has changed all his topics to dots. Very cheap scammer. Wicked person.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by dominique(f): 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2020
So sad that these crooks get away with scams making it more difficult for honest businesspeople to carry out their business on this platform. At least 90% of scams that go on here are avoidable if members are very cautious.
An account that was created just this month was advertising stuff and people were sending money without running checks on the profile. Under any circumstances should you send money to a stranger you met online, you live in a country where scamming is seen as a norm.

I've gathered his data and will be updating them in the scam list.

Protect your money. Don't be too quick to trust anybody you see on an anonymous forum

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by dominique(f): 4:44pm On Jul 28, 2020
Sweetness4:
Let us all be careful... Scammers are everywhere ����� you can't trust people nowadays

You can't be certain if he's truly the one in that photo. Kindly provide his account details

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by ifko: 4:56pm On Jul 28, 2020
I was scammed on nairaland few years ago since then I don't take all these online marketers serious again. About 80% of them are scammers.
Naija doing what they are renowned for. It s just a pity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by hpk(m): 5:00pm On Jul 28, 2020
Sweetness4:
Selfpaiid if you're seeing this pay me back my money if you don't want EFCC to catch you.

Lori 2k, haba aunty!

Who dey cry sef dey see road too. cheesy
Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 28, 2020
hpk:

Lori 2k, haba aunty!

Who dey cry sef dey see road too. cheesy

If 2k is too small for you, it is big for me right now. It is my money. I don't have much.

20 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2020
dominique:

You can't be certain if he's truly the one in that photo. Kindly provide his account details

This is the wicked man account details.. His Name is Sunny Oyenka.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 28, 2020
francdec4:
Screenshot your chat with him get to the bank trust me they will put a hold on his account and all your money will be retrieved. They know how to handle such cases

I've done that already today.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by flyingpig: 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2020
dominique:

Did you mail me? If you did, I'm afraid I may have missed it somehow
I didn't mail you. I didn't know you're a supermod or even a mod. I only know mynd44 and Lalasticlala as mods and I mailed them individually, then mailed supermods using the front page mail supermods space, then i also mentioned the names of Lalasticlala and mynd44 severally on their recent posts narrating my ordeal. Sadly it got unnoticed and the guy went ahead to scam two other people after me. angry

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by flyingpig: 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2020
Sweetness4:

This is the wicked man account details.. His Name is Sunny Onyenka.
sunny oyenka not onyeka. For official purposes sunny oyenka

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2020
flyingpig:
sunny oyenka not onyeka. For official purposes sunny oyenka

Okay thank you.
Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by flyingpig: 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2020
dominique:

I heard his account number is a "phone number account ". Someone on finance field told me, he also said it doesn't require BVN. So it may be a shady account created with shady details and originally intended for scam purposes.

For example his bank account name is "sunny oyenka ", but running his phone number on true caller revealed "rinmang dalokom".

See? No one knows his real name or his real picture. See this option, before sending anyone on nairaland money, tell them to instantly write "I am not a scammer" on a whitepaper and snap a selfie and upload to you. That way we can at least know his real face and upload it on internet for posterity sake if he scams. At least he can't meet an anybody and request such person to hold the image and be captured with a camera. Anybody will feel untoward upholding a paper saying "i am not a scammer".

My opinion and if you agree, upload it on business section where sales are made.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by flyingpig: 5:17pm On Jul 28, 2020
Saheed69:
God bless you bro

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by folarr(m): 5:20pm On Jul 28, 2020
@Sweetness4
That name rings ooo!
I saw a thread about him the other day, let me check
Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by evuna: 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2020
How can I track this guy down. He is not the guy on his DP.

The police are already on it but they are too slow. He is not the owner of the the phone number. They are making progress but slowly. The account number was for fraud purposes. He knows that tracking him will be difficult because he is using the details of an innocent guy.

I'm exploring going spiritual but it may be too harsh.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by Winneygirl(f): 5:30pm On Jul 28, 2020
flyingpig:
I heard his account number is a "phone number account ". Someone on finance field told me, he also said it doesn't require BVN. So it may be a shady account created with shady details and originally intended for scam purposes.

For example his bank account name is "sunny oyenka ", but running his phone number on true caller revealed "rinmang dalokom".

See? No one knows his real name or his real picture. See this option, before sending anyone on nairaland money, tell them to instantly write "I am not a scammer" on a whitepaper and snap a selfie and upload to you. That way we can at least know his real face and upload it on internet for posterity sake if he scams. At least he can't meet an anybody and request such person to hold the image and be captured with a camera. Anybody will feel untoward upholding a paper saying "i am not a scammer".

My opinion and if you agree, upload it on business section where sales are made.

Write wetin on wetin?
As a genuine seller, i would not be putting up a picture of myself holding a placard saying 'I am not a scammer'.

He named himself 'Selfpaiid'. Nobody found it odd that there was an extra 'i'??
It's because he already has an abandoned moniker 'Selfpaid' and has probably used it to scam people too.
Did no one here ask for a picture of what they were buying? No delivery fee?
Abi after paying 2k for the decoder, he will use 1k from it to pay the bus driver or the courier?

Let's stop making it easy for people to scam us.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland. by YungCaptain(m): 5:36pm On Jul 28, 2020
He is still with my 2500.
Hmmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Much Is Too Much To Tell Your Partner? / How Do I Handle This Issue (please Read)!!! / How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.