Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Hepatitis - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hepatitis (114 Views)

Does Hepatitis C Has Cure? / My Daughter And I Got Cured Of Hepatitis B But I Later Developed Ulcer, Why? / Halamin Herbal Supplements Cures Hepatitis A-e (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hepatitis by tilatalkshealth(f): 7:41pm On Jul 28, 2020
Hepatitis refers to an inflammatory condition of the liver. There are 5 main hepatitis viruses referred to as A, B, C, D and E.
Hepatitis Facts

Hepatitis A, B, C, D and E are of great concern because of the body of illness and potential for outbreak and epidemic spread .

The common mode of transmission are receipt of contaminated blood or blood product, invading medical procedure using contaminated equipment and for hepatitis B which is transmitted from mother to baby at birth, a family member to a child or through sexual intercourse.

Hepatitis A and E are typically caused by ingestion of contamined food and water

Hepatitis B, C and D usually occur as a result of parenteral contact with infected body fluid.

Hepatitis A and B have vaccines available. Hepatitis E also have vaccine but it is not widely available.

Hepatitis B and C lead to chronic disease in hundred of millions of people and together are the most common cause of liver cirrhosis and cancer. An estimated 325 million people live with hepatitis B and / or C, and for most testing and treatment remains beyond reach.
Source: thepublichealthhub

(1) (Reply)

What Do Coronavirus Racial Disparities Look Like State By State? / Health Limitation During Pandemic / Ogun State Government Asks Parents To Pay N25,000 For Students Covid19 Tests.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.