Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer (14547 Views)

Ux/ui Designer/ux Researcher / Ux/ui Designer/ux Researcher / As a UX / UI Designer In Nigeria Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by cappucino925(m): 10:58am On Oct 07, 2020
yusufu16:

Use youtube.
thanks.bro can you suggest some youtube channels for me?
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Haryoureendey4(m): 2:14pm On Oct 07, 2020
yusufu16:
Hello fellow designers. I want to tell you that one of the best skills you can acquire in this day and age is Graphics Design and UI/UX Designer. This skill at the moment has high demand. And to add to that, its the feature of almost everything in the world right now.

I want to encourage to please always update your knowledge in this industry. Always check which design pattern is trending. That way, you will be able to win the heart of many high paying clients across the world.

The essence of this topic is not sell any ebook or make money off my fellow graphics designers in Nigeria.

As a I am writing this , I have won $1180 for just UI design of just 1 page website (NOTE: Just design no coding, no hosting. Just to design in Adobe XD and sent to my client.). I want to tell you that, you can make millions as a graphics designer. Aside this I have also won other designs in design contest.

These are the websites you can use to make so much money in dollars.

1. DesignCrowd.
2. Crowdspring (I have not won any contest here though, but I am hoping to win big soon)
3. DesignContest
4. Fiverr
5. Designhill (I have registered but did not make anything yet)
6. 99Designs (They have rejected me twice. But I will still apply)

Please google them if you want to join them.

NOTE: Please you need to be exceptionally good in order to win contest. Hence you will need to always upgrade yourself in graphic design.

I hope this help someone.

CC: mod please help our Nigerians
Great! Are u in Lagos?
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2020
cappucino925:
thanks.bro can you suggest some youtube channels for me?

Tutvid, Piximperfect
Blue lightning tv are all great for a beginner

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 5:22pm On Oct 07, 2020
Haryoureendey4:
Great! Are u in Lagos?

No. I base in Abuja
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Haryoureendey4(m): 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2020
yusufu16:

No. I base in Abuja
Ok... thought u stay in Lagos, wish to meet someone like u as a mentor, not getting online jobs and i am tired already
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Scope26(m): 9:34am On Oct 08, 2020
yusufu16:
Guys this is my latest winning on designcontest. So I am cashing out $875 on the 25th of October. I won this on the 25th of September, but because this is my first winning, I can only withdraw it after 30 days.
Do you submit your UI/UX design as JPEG, PNG OR PSD
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 2:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
Scope26:
Do you submit your UI/UX design as JPEG, PNG OR PSD

It depends on the client. I use Adobe XD. If the client want it in psd, I simply convert it from xd to psd. But some clients prefer adobe xd files
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Scope26(m): 6:52pm On Oct 08, 2020
yusufu16:

It depends on the client. I use Adobe XD. If the client want it in psd, I simply convert it from xd to psd. But some clients prefer adobe xd files
What am concerned with is that can I also submit the designs in JPEG or PNG format cus he get why.... I will mail you.
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 2:45am On Oct 09, 2020
Scope26:
What am concerned with is that can I also submit the designs in JPEG or PNG format cus he get why.... I will mail you.

i know why. you are thinking client will use your original source file and not pay?

IN DESIGN CONTEST

1. you submit your entry in JPEG OR PNG
2. if you win, you then submit the source file. you will be paid only when your design is approve.
3. always enter a contest with guaranteed payment. that way the contest holder must pick a winner.
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by cappucino925(m): 10:36am On Oct 09, 2020
joshuaomoyeni07:

Tutvid, Piximperfect
Blue lightning tv are all great for a beginner
Thanks Bro do they teach to advanced level?
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 09, 2020
cappucino925:
Thanks Bro do they teach to advanced level?

well, I would recommend Lynda in that case, if you want a systemized type of tutorial

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by cappucino925(m): 10:55am On Oct 09, 2020
joshuaomoyeni07:

well, I would recommend Lynda in that case, if you want a systemized type of tutorial
okay is lynda paid or free?
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 11:20am On Oct 09, 2020
joshuaomoyeni07:

Most of the Lynda tutorials I have did not help me a lot. I have tonnes of them which I downloaded free using bittorrents.
I usually use youtube

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 09, 2020
yusufu16:

Most of the Lynda tutorials I have did not help me a lot. I have tonnes of them which I downloaded free using bittorrents.
I usually use youtube

Well, It might...

YouTube is also a good resource
And I won't discourage Lynda too especially when you learn the basics and you want to have a system that takes you from beginner to pro (as the case may be)

While most YouTube channels don't have such classification of videos and lessons, you might want to combine both tho' at least as a beginner
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 09, 2020
cappucino925:
okay is lynda paid or free?
you can get it free tho' but it's not
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 4:13pm On Oct 09, 2020
joshuaomoyeni07:

Well, It might...

YouTube is also a good resource
And I won't discourage Lynda too especially when you learn the basics and you want to have a system that takes you from beginner to pro (as the case may be)

While most YouTube channels don't have such classification of videos and lessons, you might want to combine both tho' at least as a beginner

You are right. Lynda is a good start for beginners. You can also find advanced courses too on Lynda.

I am a self taught Graphic designer and UI/UX designer. Youtube is my best friend when I want to learn new things

5 Likes

Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2020
yusufu16:

You are right. Lynda is a good start for beginners. You can also find advanced courses too on Lynda.

I am a self taught Graphic designer and UI/UX designer. Youtube is my best friend when I want to learn new things

Right!
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by cappucino925(m): 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2020
joshuaomoyeni07:

you can get it free tho' but it's not
i dont understand pls
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 09, 2020
cappucino925:
i dont understand pls
I mean it's not free but you can use other means to get it free

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Pimpstar: 11:50pm On Oct 10, 2020
Those design crowd na fools.. i was rejected three times i submitted designs and now my account has being close. Without even allowing the client see it.. i followed the instructions of the client oo

their quality team na shit.
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 1:45pm On Oct 11, 2020
Pimpstar:
Those design crowd na fools.. i was rejected three times i submitted designs and now my account has being close. Without even allowing the client see it.. i followed the instructions of the client oo

their quality team na shit.

lol. what will you even say about 99designs. At my level I was rejected thrice too. You need to be extremely good in order to be accepted in these platforms.

I am still learning in order to be accepted on 99designs. It seems they are baised towards logo designers. I still do logo designs but not to the level they want though. I see huge potentials for UI/UX designers in 99designs, because the competition is low there.
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Julius209(m): 4:09pm On Oct 11, 2020
To the op, I must commend you ,you are really doing a great job .I am a graphics designer//UI designer and I am skillful in figma, coreldraw and adobe Photoshop. If I want to register in one of those websites you listed , I hope it doesn't require any govt ID before my account get approved ?
Thank you.
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2020
Julius209:
To the op, I must commend you ,you are really doing a great job .I am a graphics designer//UI designer and I am skillful in figma, coreldraw and adobe Photoshop. If I want to register in one of those websites you listed , I hope it doesn't require any govt ID before my account get approved ?
Thank you.

Those guys aren't joking bro. I remembered on crowdspring.com, I had to snap myself holding my international password. They are very serious with registration. Again for crowdspring, even after you successfully registered, you also need to be approved on their categories before you are allowed to participate in a contest.

So you need to get your drivers license, international passport or national id ready
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Julius209(m): 5:36pm On Oct 11, 2020
yusufu16:

Those guys aren't joking bro. I remembered on crowdspring.com, I had to snap myself holding my international password. They are very serious with registration. Again for crowdspring, even after you successfully registered, you also need to be approved on their categories before you are allowed to participate in a contest.

So you need to get your drivers license, international passport or national id ready
I don't know if I can the paper National ID as the original is not ready
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Julius209(m): 5:58pm On Oct 11, 2020
yusufu16:

can I join contest pending to the I get any of this ready?
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2020
Julius209:
can I join contest pending to the I get any of this ready?

You have to be accepted first before you can join any contest
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Julius209(m): 6:20pm On Oct 11, 2020
yusufu16:

You have to be accepted first before you can join any contest
boss, I am sorry for disturbing you. I just joined designcontest now .completed my registration and I was able to see all the contests currently going on so I don't know if I have been accepted that way ?
Thanks
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 7:45pm On Oct 11, 2020
Julius209:
boss, I am sorry for disturbing you. I just joined designcontest now .completed my registration and I was able to see all the contests currently going on so I don't know if I have been accepted that way ?
Thanks

designcontest is easy to register
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 7:45pm On Oct 11, 2020
my winning recently on designcrowd

Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Pimpstar: 10:48pm On Oct 11, 2020
yusufu16:

lol. what will you even say about 99designs. At my level I was rejected thrice too. You need to be extremely good in order to be accepted in these platforms.

I am still learning in order to be accepted on 99designs. It seems they are baised towards logo designers. I still do logo designs but not to the level they want though. I see huge potentials for UI/UX designers in 99designs, because the competition is low there.

wow... i gats u0 my game
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Pimpstar: 10:52pm On Oct 11, 2020
yusufu16:
my winning recently on designcrowd

You're doing great sir.. please is it because i failed to make the design in the required size or what...cos i followed all the client request to the last letter
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Julius209(m): 11:13pm On Oct 11, 2020
yusufu16:

designcontest is easy to register
which mean I can join the contest?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TUTORIAL! Greatly Enhance An Image In Simple Steps (PS CS3) / Nairalander Re-creates Nairaland's Logo / Make Great Videos For Your Products And Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.