Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer (14543 Views)

Ux/ui Designer/ux Researcher / Ux/ui Designer/ux Researcher / As a UX / UI Designer In Nigeria Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 11:38pm On Oct 11, 2020
Pimpstar:

You're doing great sir.. please is it because i failed to make the design in the required size or what...cos i followed all the client request to the last letter

Note: It is a contest/competition. So a client can ignore your design if he/she doesnt like it and pick another design.

On crowdspring, some design agencies even run contests. So you will need to be extremely good and excellent to win their contest. You dont just submit a design and expect to win. Remember, you competing with designers with at least 5 years experience. E.g. the #1 designer on designcrow has earned over $2m (yes thats N960m). You can see the money Graphic Designers/UI Designers are making

Graphic Design, UI/UX Design, Video Editing, Web and Mobile App Development and Digital Marketing are the hottes skills to learn in this 21st century and beyond. Please learn 1 or 2 of these skills if you want to be financially independent.

Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Pimpstar: 11:41pm On Oct 11, 2020
yusufu16:

Note: It is a contest/competition. So a client can ignore your design if he/she doesnt like it and pick another design.

On crowdspring, some design agencies even run contests. So you will need to be extremely good and excellent to win their contest. You dont just submit a design and expect to win. Remember, you competing with designers with at least 5 years experience. E.g. the #1 designer on designcrow has earned over $2m (yes thats N960m)

yes i understand.. but it is there quality team that refused my three designs
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 11:44pm On Oct 11, 2020
Pimpstar:

yes i understand.. but it is there quality team that refused my three designs

It means your designs are not up to there standard.
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Pimpstar: 12:05am On Oct 12, 2020
yusufu16:

It means your designs are not up to there standard.

see what i did.. client said they want CD art cover for spotify in minimalistic style just black and white . And they want Christmas hat on their head

would modify the post after you see it sir
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 12:32am On Oct 12, 2020
Pimpstar:

see what i did.. client said they want CD art cover for spotify in minimalistic style just black and white . And they want Christmas hat on their head

would modify the post after you see it sir

common, you are not to decide what client want or not. Dont assume client will always like your design. In crowdspring, I entered 21 different contests, before I was able to win my first contest. So you see, you just registered barely 2 days ago, and you expect to win?
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Pimpstar: 2:13am On Oct 12, 2020
yusufu16:

common, you are not to decide what client want or not. Dont assume client will always like your design. In crowdspring, I entered 21 different contests, before I was able to win my first contest. So you see, you just registered barely 2 days ago, and you expect to win?

i know the client always picks one out of thousands of designs.. But what I'm saying is that their quality team that approves one's design as a beginner before you get approved, they are not making easy for beginners to get verified.. i did three different contest and all were rejected.

is there a secret to getting approved on designcrowd. on design contest it doesn't require approval or issh like that.. and the client decides to pick from the start not that it goes through a quality team before the client sees the design.

You know they maybe able to determine quality and stuffs because they are guru in designs, whilst the client might not be but would like the design. I f they are just not helping freelancers with whatsoever quality stuffs they do.. on design contest you would see good and wacky designs.. it depends on the choice of who sees it. but this design crowd own too much.. They don't even want the client to choose from array of choices available they only present the best what might be the best for them might not be for the client.
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 8:27am On Oct 12, 2020
Pimpstar:

i know the client always picks one out of thousands of designs.. But what I'm saying is that their quality team that approves one's design as a beginner before you get approved, they are not making easy for beginners to get verified.. i did three different contest and all were rejected.

is there a secret to getting approved on designcrowd. on design contest it doesn't require approval or issh like that.. and the client decides to pick from the start not that it goes through a quality team before the client sees the design.

You know they maybe able to determine quality and stuffs because they are guru in designs, whilst the client might not be but would like the design. I f they are just not helping freelancers with whatsoever quality stuffs they do.. on design contest you would see good and wacky designs.. it depends on the choice of who sees it. but this design crowd own too much.. They don't even want the client to choose from array of choices available they only present the best what might be the best for them might not be for the client.

The only secret is you have to be very good. So if they reject your design, it means you are not good enough
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Pimpstar: 11:48am On Oct 12, 2020
yusufu16:

The only secret is you have to be very good. So if they reject your design, it means you are not good enough

okay noted.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Haryoureendey4(m): 12:36pm On Oct 14, 2020
yusufu16:

No. I base in Abuja
Ok bro.... after seeing this ur thread, i decide to create desingCrowd account, have designed like 3 different projects but they denied me and went on to deactivate my account after spending lots of sleepless nights

Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 3:24pm On Oct 14, 2020
Haryoureendey4:
Ok bro.... after seeing this ur thread, i decided to create desingCrowd account, have designed like 3 different projects but they denied me and went on to deactivate my account after spending lots of sleepless nights

As i said you have to be extremely good. Some clients even pay upto $3000 for design, so they wont accept low quality design

So, you need to go and learn more and improve your skill

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Haryoureendey4(m): 3:26pm On Oct 14, 2020
yusufu16:

As i said you have to be extremely good. Some clients even pay upto $3000 for design, so they wont accept low quality design

Alright thanks bro

1 Like

Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Julius209(m): 6:24pm On Oct 15, 2020
yusufu16:

All my designs were rejected also despite all the effort I put into it .The fact is that they are not making it easy for beginners
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 6:58pm On Oct 15, 2020
Julius209:
All my designs were rejected also despite all the effort I put into it .The fact is that they are not making it easy for beginners

Yes their standard is very high.
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Julius209(m): 7:07pm On Oct 15, 2020
yusufu16:

Yes their standard is very high.
Boss, did they used to show/announce the winner on design contest?
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 7:14pm On Oct 15, 2020
Julius209:

Boss, did they used to show/announce the winner on design contest?

Yes
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Julius209(m): 8:40am On Oct 16, 2020
What does this really mean boss? I didn't steal any art

Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Neutral15(m): 4:16pm On Oct 22, 2020
Please I'm finding it difficult to upload on design crowd. It upload and stops halfway or even more.
Please is there something I'm missing out? Because I've been reading the guidelines since and I'm not seeing where the fault is coming from.
yusufu16
yusufu16:

Yes
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 4:32pm On Oct 22, 2020
Neutral15:
Please I'm finding it difficult to upload on design crowd. It upload and stops halfway or even more.
Please is there something I'm missing out? Because I've been reading the guidelines since and I'm not seeing where the fault is coming from.
yusufu16

check you internet connection
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Neutral15(m): 3:23am On Oct 23, 2020
yusufu16:

check you internet connection

I've been trying to upload for a contest, I don't really think it's my network but I will try again.
Thanks for your response
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 3:25am On Oct 23, 2020
Neutral15:

I've been trying to upload for a contest, I don't really think it's my network but I will try again.
Thanks for your response

ok. and make sure you follow the requirement e.g. size, file format
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 3:30am On Oct 23, 2020
Julius209:
What does this really mean boss? I didn't steal any art

lol not a good starting point. It means you copied someones design or you use clipart.

Infractions will hinder your progress dramatically. I am afraid your journey might end here. Designcontest and other platforms are very strict. You have to make your design unique and creative.

With infractions of 100 and expiring in 2040, your case is a serious one, unless you are able to prove without any reasonable doubt its your design.
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Horlahmah(m): 12:02pm On Oct 23, 2020
Well done OP,
I really appreciate your sincerity in giving this important information. This is enough for some people to compile and be selling at some mentionable price. But you gave it out freely. God bless you,.

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Neutral15(m): 5:03pm On Oct 23, 2020
yusufu16:

ok. and make sure you follow the requirement e.g. size, file format

Thanks, I was able to upload it. It might be the browser I was using (firefox), I decided to change to chrome and it uploaded.
I hope I successfully scale their quality team.
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Salmoneus(m): 8:18pm On Oct 24, 2020
yusufu16:

If you're in designcontest can you show us your designs so we know the benchmark of quality?
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2020
Salmoneus:

If you're in designcontest can you show us your designs so we know the benchmark of quality?

My profile is https://www.crowdspring.com/users/awesomecreatives/ but you cant use my design as benchmark. There are many other designers who ar better than me.. As you can see out of 26 submission, I only won 1, but the winning is huge, $1180. But I expect to win more contests.

I alway keep improving myself. Recently I just entered the Platinum stage, my target is to enter the Elite stage.
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2020
Today is a good day for me. I just won another contest on crowdspring. I won $624 plus additional $31.2

Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by amijid2012(m): 2:27am On Nov 30, 2020
Good, I love this topic of yours because I just started my journey into XD UI/UX, I must say I gained the knowledge little bit fast, and I use my ADOBE XD along with PROTOPIE to make my prototyping awesome., I will like to learn from you, as I'm still into it., Though I've made few designs of my own..,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by Controller360: 8:49pm On Mar 16, 2021
yusufu16:
Hello fellow designers. I want to tell you that one of the best skills you can acquire in this day and age is Graphics Design and UI/UX Designer. This skill at the moment has high demand. And to add to that, its the feature of almost everything in the world right now.
Evening Yesufu, thanks for this thread. One of my designs got selected as the winner on designcrowd. Currently in handover phase.

I want to ask if there's any security or ID check as per 1st time winning. And also, how long does their payment take to process?

1 Like

Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by yusufu16: 6:51am On Mar 17, 2021
Controller360:

Evening Yesufu, thanks for this thread. One of my designs got selected as the winner on designcrowd. Currently in handover phase.

I want to ask if there's any security or ID check as per 1st time winning. And also, how long does their payment take to process?

Congrats. Their payment usually takes less than a week.
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by deiikonac(m): 12:04pm On Mar 18, 2021
Embroidery machine operator /Digitalizer needed at our studio @ lawanson bus-stop Surulere, Lagos apply in person or sent your profile to our whatapp 08177129792 . (job is for person who live within surulere enviros. Thanks
Re: How To Make Millions As A Graphics Designer/ux/ui Designer by africanman85: 8:13am On Mar 20, 2021
yusufu16:

On crowdspring, some design agencies even run contests. So you will need to be extremely good and excellent to win their contest. You dont just submit a design and expect to win. Remember, you competing with designers with at least 5 years experience. E.g. the #1 designer on designcrow has earned over $2m (yes thats N960m). You can see the money Graphic Designers/UI Designers are making

Graphic Design, UI/UX Design, Video Editing, Web and Mobile App Development and Digital Marketing are the hottes skills to learn in this 21st century and beyond. Please learn 1 or 2 of these skills if you want to be financially independent.
I know video editing. Which of the sites can I register ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Most Realistic Tatoos Ever Drawn (pictures) / TUTORIAL! Greatly Enhance An Image In Simple Steps (PS CS3) / Nairalander Re-creates Nairaland's Logo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.