Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,700 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) (45903 Views)

Pictures Of The Ongoing Ikeja Along Bridge Construction / LCC To Commence Tolling On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge On April 1st. / 20 Things To Know About The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by mamaafrik(m): 11:56am On Jul 29, 2020
IgboSomalia:

The governments of those States have foolishly failed to provide infrastructure ancillary to the operations of the ports, e.g. roads.

Try to study TINAPA. It gives an idea of what I'm talking about.
hmmmm,are you saying the Port should come first or the Ancillary road and bridges,the reason why i asked is because roads leading to lagos ports too are not in good shapes but that doesn't stop it f running
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by myles16(m): 11:56am On Jul 29, 2020
LaEvilIMiss:
What I don't understand is why they will use Julius Berger to build 3rd Mainland Bridge and Ikoyi-Lekki link bridge and now use Boda Tajudeen & Sons Building & Civil Works Ifako-Ijaye Branch to perform maintenance works

Kilode!!! LWKMD.. Boda Tajudeen and Sons Bawo?

1 Like

Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 29, 2020
Not need trying to make a purse out of a sow's ear, I need to specifically call out Lagos as the only state in Nigeria that is progressive! We should give Lagos all the support it can get! I really like Lagos and would want it to be a modern city like other cities we av globally! Lagos should have a special care package aside the national budget that would ensure within d next 8-10 yrs it would have improved by 40% of wat it is now with 24hrs electricity, Clean water, metro buses, international airports, international railway stations, uber boats, Fire hydrants / street / Important homes, with good responsive fire dept, 112 that's as modern and efficient as 911 , and more modern police with body cams, tasers, restrain strips, batons, tear gas, paper tapes & other modern firearms we re sick and tired of seeing rusty Ak47's, the services of UK town planners should be employed to help make this possible

2 Likes

Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by chukwuibuipob: 11:59am On Jul 29, 2020
RonaldoVido:

Have you eaten today ?

Or you wan chop Bridge ?
Don't be depressed sad embarassed and avoid walking aimlessly around any bridge sha.
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by babapressy(m): 12:00pm On Jul 29, 2020
Great
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by myles16(m): 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2020
mamaafrik:
ok,thanks,but which region do you feel has more industries out of the two regions who needs access to the sea and market SS+SE or North central + NW

I think both North Central and North West, Lagos-Kano project would likely serve the whole of the North and North Central, Northern states are landlocked states, SS+SE can manage Onne Seaport and Tinapa for the mean time till Lagos-Kano project has been completed, I can't really say which region has more Industries than the other, but North depend solely on Lagos port than SS and SE
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by kayjay69(m): 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2020
I am yet to see a country that celebrates mediocrity and past glory as Nigerians do.

FYI, Lagos probably needs 10 of such bridges across strategic location.

OP, keep up the lizard chest beating of Lagos Mega City. Pointless threads like this is why we continue to dwell in mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by Mariory(m): 12:12pm On Jul 29, 2020
kayjay69:
I am yet to see a country that celebrates mediocrity and past glory as Nigerians do.

FYI, Lagos probably needs 10 of such bridges across strategic location.

OP, keep up the lizard chest beating of Lagos Mega City. Pointless threads like this is why we continue to dwell in mediocrity.

Why is the thread pointless? What have you done to contribute to the country?
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2020
TechDaddy:
No matter how many good infrastructure Lagos puts up, they will quickly deteriorate under the weight of overpopulation.

The FG should work towards creating more commercial cities so that people can have options to go those places to trade or work. That's how economies grow!
Very correct.
The problem now is which city especially along the coastal area that is secure with high rate of kidnapping of foreigners who can create jobs in Niger Delta or is it Northern states where banditry is the order of the day.
Well, everything depend on government proactiveness
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2020
xwolverine:

did you even see the images or you're just making stuff up
Okay this view makes a lot of sense now.
Didn't seem so with all the closely spaced columns.
And the cables didn't look too steel.

1 Like

Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by TechDaddy(m): 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2020
Tunde835:
U know Tokyo has a population of 38 million people but dey ar not complaining of over population shanghai and Beijing in China both have a population of 24 million and 22 million respectively no 1 is complaining even new york metropolitan area has a population of 20 million no 1 is complaining so I don't see how anyone would say lagos is overpopulated

Tokyo has a land mass of over 2,000 square metre. Beijing's over 16,000. Lagos has a land mass of 1,000 square metre plus poor road network and urban planning. There is a huge difference.

1 Like

Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by TechDaddy(m): 12:38pm On Jul 29, 2020
pafra:

Is FG that will create cities right? And some 33 people thinking alike like your post. In Nigeria we don't really know the function of the three arms of government

Please next time read between the lines before you quote me. I said the FG should "work towards creating" not "create". What I mean is they have a MAJOR ROLE to play in developing more commercial cities in Nigeria.
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by Origin(f): 12:54pm On Jul 29, 2020
Nice....

A record of our history.
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by kayjay69(m): 12:59pm On Jul 29, 2020
I am willing to bet far more than what you and your family have done but I do not see the need to brag about it and I never will. Neither will I be forced to join issues with you. If you cannot see why this thread is pointless then you clearly do not have the faculties needed to have an informed conversation with me.
Mariory:

Why is the thread pointless? What have you done to contribute to the country?
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by Viicfuntop(f): 2:23pm On Jul 29, 2020
TechDaddy:
No matter how many good infrastructure Lagos puts up, they will quickly deteriorate under the weight of overpopulation.

The FG should work towards creating more commercial cities so that people can have options to go those places to trade or work. That's how economies grow!

I like this. If we had ten commercial city(like Lagos) out of the 36 states,
1. Lagos would not be this populated
2. There would be almost no traffic
3. There would be decrease in unemployment
4. Housing cost would be lower, I guess
There are just so many advantages of this if we had a government with a vision.
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by lugado: 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2020
Omihanifa:
1.36km bridge at the cost of 29billion naira is clearly over inflated undecided but it's still better than doing nothing sha smiley

stop misleading us this is a bridge and you don't know the terrain
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by CARLOSZ: 4:52pm On Jul 29, 2020
lugado:

another lie
check your facts well b4 talking

There's a toll gate bro, everyone who uses the bridge pays toll. Check it
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by Tolase1999(m): 6:09pm On Jul 29, 2020
This bridge had featured in nollywood more than any Nigeria artist
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by pafra(m): 6:45pm On Jul 29, 2020
TechDaddy:

Please next time read between the lines before you quote me. I said the FG should "work towards creating" not "create". What I mean is they have a MAJOR ROLE to play in developing more commercial cities in Nigeria.

You have not said anything different. You are still repeating yourself. You mean if the federal government have major role then the state government should have minor role.

Just admit it, you are wrong on this. Most of you have been brain wash to think that Buhari is the center of the problem in your state
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by Mariory(m): 7:13pm On Jul 29, 2020
kayjay69:
I am willing to bet far more than what you and your family have done but I do not see the need to brag about it and I never will. Neither will I be forced to join issues with you. If you cannot see why this thread is pointless then you clearly do not have the faculties needed to have an informed conversation with me.

So in essence you're just another so and so with access to the internet.

It wasn't a hard/trick question. Your answer didn't need multiple sentences of nonsensical rambling when you could have just said the word 'nothing'.

1 Like

Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by Obakashdee(m): 7:53pm On Jul 29, 2020
I use to wonder how they do the foundations of bridges, I’m lost
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by ubcandid(m): 8:27pm On Jul 29, 2020
naturalwaves:

Nwa Engineer. It is just there to make the bridge look boring indeed. You think the Engineers are daft? You should have read to educate yourself.

You're actually the one who should be educated if you understood his comment. Your highlight is even emphasizing his submission.
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by naturalwaves: 11:32pm On Jul 29, 2020
ubcandid:

You're actually the one who should be educated if you understood his comment. Your highlight is even emphasizing his submission.
I guess you did not see where it was clearly stated that they act as tension elements. How can a so called engineer or even a science person state that the cables are put there so the bridge doesn't look boring. Is a bridge an activity to start with? In fact, the cable was put there for decoration undecided. How many suspension bridges have you seen being built with no cables?Thank God the contract was not awarded to you both. Lives would have been lost.
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by saeed123: 8:54am On Jul 30, 2020
job well done, if all project in Nigeria have dis ending we 4 de compete with SA.

1 Like

Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by ubcandid(m): 10:11am On Jul 30, 2020
naturalwaves:

I guess you did not see where it was clearly stated that they act as tension elements. How can a so called engineer or even a science person state that the cables are put there so the bridge doesn't look boring. Is a bridge an activity to start with? In fact, the cable was put there for decoration undecided. How many suspension bridges have you seen being built with no cables?Thank God the contract was not awarded to you both. Lives would have been lost.

did you see the numerous piers? that's why he made that statement which you didn't understand. suspension bridges are not known to have much pillars.
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 30, 2020
what a man can do a woman can do better.

women why we no see una among the engineers.
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by naturalwaves: 12:06pm On Jul 30, 2020
ubcandid:

did you see the numerous piers? that's why he made that statement which you didn't understand. suspension bridges are not known to have much pillars.
He said there was no need for cables. He said that, the cables were just put there in order not to make the bridge boring. That you either use cables or piers and never both. Can you imagine? Wneras, theee two things are needed. Almost all suspension bridges I have seen have cables as they are needed for those reasons stated in my post.
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by ubcandid(m): 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2020
naturalwaves:

He said there was no need for cables. He said that, the cables were just put there in order not to make the bridge boring. That you either use cables or piers and never both. Can you imagine? Wneras, theee two things are needed. Almost all suspension bridges I have seen have cables as they are needed for those reasons stated in my post.

the cables are characteristic of suspension bridges, the cables are not needed here but more for aesthetics as the space between the piers nullifies it's purpose.

Search online for pictures of suspension bridges and you would comfortable count the number of piers supporting the structure. At most 4.
Re: The Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge (construction Pictures) by CsRockefeller(m): 11:21pm On Aug 01, 2020
JB dey build sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Facts About The New BRT Buses In Lagos - Photos / Man, Wife & Their 4 Children Burnt To Death In A Fatal Accident (Photos) / Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.