Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,130 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

How To Overcome Anxiety - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Overcome Anxiety (265 Views)

Tips To Overcome Going Late To Church / How To Overcome Sexual Immoralities On Campus / "Why Masturbation Was The Biggest Sin For Me To Overcome" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Overcome Anxiety by Brendaniel: 11:36pm On Jul 28, 2020
OVERCOMING ANXIETY

Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God (Philippians 4:6 AMPC).

Around the world today, many are terrified, not just about the future, but even about the present. There’s fear and terror, but the word “terror” isn’t new. If you study the Bible, you’d be amazed at how many times it talks about terror. Nevertheless, Jesus assured us of victory over all crises. He said in John 16:33, “…In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”

There’s no need for you to have anxiety or panicbouts over anything; you’ve already overcome Satan, the world and every crisis: “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4). Therefore, stop the fear. Stop the anxiety. Anxiety refers to worry; it’s a state of nervousness. But our theme verse says, “Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything….”

If you say, “But I can’t help being worried,” then you’re accusing God of lying to you. You’re accusing Him of asking you to do something you couldn’t do. The fact that He says, “Don’t be anxious,” means you can live without anxiety. Your response, therefore, should be, “Blessed be God! I live in the peace and provisions of Christ; I do not fret! He has perfected all that concerns me. Hallelujah!” That’s how you respond to God.

Refuse to have anxiety about your son, your daughter, your husband, your wife, your brother, your sister, your house rent, your health, your job, business, education, or about anything! When you do, the Bible says the peace of God that’s beyond human comprehension will garrison your heart and mind in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:7). Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, thank you for your Word that stirs faith in my heart and dispels fear and anxiety. I reject every thought of fear, for I’m shielded from the pain and darkness in the world. Greater is He that’s in me than he that’s in the world. I’m full of might by the Spirit of the Lord, for the peace of God which passes all understanding mantles my heart and mind, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (DSc. DD)

Do you Know God Is concerned about your Life and well being and Jesus loves you just as you are, you can accept him today. Just say this prayer below and mean it with all your heart, he really cares about your life and your happiness, that's what I found out....

Say this:

O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ.

Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life.

I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world! (1 John4:4).
I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

Congratulations! You are now a child of God. .

If you just said this prayer above kindly click the like button to indicate that you have given your life to Christ and if you will like grow spiritually, please contact me by sending a message through Nairaland, there are free materials that will given to you to help you grow spiritually, thank you and God bless...

(1) (Reply)

This Story Could Help Save A Life. / Do Not Be Weary In Doing Good And Being A Good Example.You Never Know The Impact / Christian Can't Comment On Muslim related Topic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.